Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[19:01:56] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting time | 1. Sponsorpack
[19:02:15] <Ganneff> marga: si :)
[19:02:21] <marga> Ok.
[19:02:35] <ana> meeting \o/
[19:02:39] <marga> ASCIIGirl, beuno: do you have news regarding the Sponsorpack for DC8 ?
[19:02:52] <Ganneff> looks we are low on attendees, and for this topic we seem to miss ASCIIGirl and beuno atm
[19:03:56] <marga> Yeah, Marcela said she was having some trouble at work.
[19:04:05] <marga> Well, I can do a financial update then.
[19:04:12] <Ganneff> lets say they can report to the list directly
[19:04:28] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting time | 2. Financial stuff
[19:04:31] <Ganneff> marga: your floor
[19:05:14] <marga> Well, the account is ready to receive money. I have a draft of the "Donation Commitment" that we need companies to sign before sending us money.
[19:05:31] <Ganneff> uh. every sponsor has to send that?
[19:05:39] <Ganneff> or can we pipe it through spi and let spi sign it once?
[19:05:59] <marga> I already have one draft almost ready to send to Debian 7 Ltd. in order to receive 8k GBP. There might be more money coming from there, after the rest of the account is signed.
[19:06:06] <marga> Ganneff: yes, but it's not that much trouble.
[19:06:38] <marga> Ganneff: we send them a odt/doc file with all the info, they print it, sign it, send us the scanned version. voilą.
[19:06:38] <Ganneff> marga: it might be for larger companies to sign a document from somewhere.
[19:06:50] <Ganneff> marga: that might need to pass lots of lawyers and stuff
[19:07:09] <marga> Ganneff: to sign it? Isn't it equivalent to approving the payment of an invoice?
[19:07:17] <broonie> No.
[19:07:20] <Ganneff> marga: no. as you sign something
[19:07:30] <Ganneff> a commitment. which is different, as its a legal text thing
[19:07:35] <marga> Well, it's just a commitment that you are donating money.
[19:07:43] <marga> We can't receive the money without that.
[19:07:57] <Ganneff> yes. sounds simple for normal people. not for lawyers and companies
[19:08:08] <Ganneff> but if we pipe through spi and only spi needs to sign that works
[19:08:22] <Ganneff> then we just dont have direct transfers
[19:08:30] <marga> Yes, we can do that.
[19:08:40] <dererk[work]> May I ask something about this topic ?
[19:08:44] <Ganneff> sure
[19:08:55] <Ganneff> meetings are free for everyone to participate
[19:09:04] <Ganneff> (as long as its ontopic :) )
[19:09:11] <dererk[work]> I've a doubt about who is the one which first recieves the funds, SPI or the Local entity?
[19:09:17] <dererk[work]> Ganneff, hehe
[19:09:28] <marga> If it's cumbersome for the company, then we pipe through SPI. And even if it's not, we might even pipe it through SPI so that we don't have 500 USD transfers.
[19:09:43] <Ganneff> looks like spi will be it in most cases. earmarked for debconf8
[19:10:18] <dererk[work]> Ganneff, perfect, thanks
[19:10:36] <marga> dererk[work]: what I just said. If the company can sign the commitment themselves, they can send it directly to Via Libre. If they find it too cumbersome, then SPI invoices and sends it to us afterwards.
[19:10:49] <Ganneff> ok. more for this point? or should we go on?
[19:11:28] <marga> I spoke with the Hotel, asking them about the exact amount for the initial payment, but they said they were too busy with many congresses taking place these last weeks. They promessed to get in touch by this week.
[19:11:39] <dererk[work]> grrr
[19:11:44] <Ganneff> k
[19:11:46] <marga> So, I should soon have the number of the payment, and the money for the payment.
[19:12:17] <marga> Ganneff: next topic -> schedule for next things to happen for DC8.
[19:12:28] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting time | 3. Next things to happen for DC8
[19:12:31] <Ganneff> marga: your floor, again
[19:12:41] <marga> Not really.
[19:12:52] <Ganneff> ok. for all of us.
[19:12:54] <marga> I meant, call for papers, registration, etc.
[19:13:04] <marga> We need to decide a schedule for that.
[19:13:05] <Ganneff> yes.
[19:13:42] <Ganneff> we should start the cfp mid/end of january. until then we admins should have the pentabarf thing up and ok again
[19:13:53] <marga> ok.
[19:14:02] <Ganneff> marga: btw, i assuzme you do minutes?
[19:14:09] <marga> yeah, of course.
[19:14:18] <marga> So, after next meeting we do the cfp.
[19:14:27] <Ganneff> we should, yes.
[19:14:47] <marga> This month should then be spent getting penta up and running?
[19:15:19] <marga> For how long do we keep the cfp open?
[19:15:24] <Ganneff> yes. i will start end of december with lots of time for it.
[19:15:44] <marga> Ganneff: ok. des should be there too (I don't know why he isn't here, he should be :-\)
[19:15:45] <Ganneff> last year was 2 months i think
[19:15:56] <marga> And did it work?
[19:15:58] <ana> a lot of people is in holidays until mid-january
[19:16:12] <ana> so i think it should be until end of march or so
[19:16:31] * dererk[work] agreeds
[19:16:32] <Ganneff> if we start mid/end january, end of march sounds ok.
[19:16:39] <marga> Remember the conference is in August...
[19:16:58] <Ganneff> paper team should then sort out until mid may/end may, so people have time to prepare talks.
[19:17:06] <marga> Well, ok.
[19:17:21] <marga> When do we announce the Talk Schedule?
[19:17:22] <Ganneff> with that plan we could move cfp back 2 weeks and still have lots of time
[19:17:30] <Ganneff> marga: june/july
[19:17:38] <Ganneff> not much earlier.
[19:17:41] <marga> Ok.
[19:17:46] <Ganneff> schedule is hard to do until you know when people are there
[19:18:05] <Ganneff> that gets us to another nice point:
[19:18:09] <marga> Yes, I know, but it's been a weak point in DC organizing, I would like to have it done better this time.
[19:18:09] <Ganneff> travel sponsorship.
[19:18:13] * des here
[19:18:56] <Ganneff> registration opens together with cfp and goes until dc8 is over
[19:19:01] <marga> Ganneff: sure.
[19:19:12] <Ganneff> travel money - we should cut that either at same day as cfp or shortly after it
[19:19:36] <marga> Registration for sponsored food/lodging ends in May?
[19:19:52] <marga> Ganneff: uhm... Wouldn't that be too early? Or you mean applying for Travel Money?
[19:20:02] <Ganneff> well. sponsored food, travel, lodging.
[19:20:13] <Ganneff> hrm.
[19:20:22] <Ganneff> travel at least needs to end as early as possible
[19:20:32] <Ganneff> food/sleep can run longer
[19:20:36] <marga> Yes.
[19:20:50] <Ganneff> for travel we need meetings again to decide and that takes time.
[19:20:59] <marga> Yep.
[19:21:01] <Ganneff> we also need to have it as early so people get cheap tickets
[19:21:22] <Ganneff> *I* would even love to cut that and of april.
[19:21:34] <Ganneff> take at max may to process and at latest end of may tell people their status
[19:21:45] <Ganneff> if thats not too late? what do you think?
[19:21:51] <Ganneff> or should we make that march/april?
[19:22:13] <ana> april sounds ok
[19:22:25] <marga> So March: end of registration. April: attendee ranking and first batch of confirmations. May: second batch of confimations ?
[19:22:25] <ana> but some people won't know if they can take days off in august until end of june..
[19:22:29] <ana> :/
[19:22:40] <marga> ana: how many people would that be?
[19:22:43] <Ganneff> ana: but we cant take that long for sponsorship
[19:22:54] <marga> ana: most people with stable jobs know if they can or can't take the days off.
[19:23:06] <marga> ana: we can't cater for each particular exception.
[19:23:06] <ana> Ganneff: i know
[19:23:12] <Ganneff> marga: yes, that timeline is ok.
[19:23:23] <ana> the problem with this people is accepting sponsorship and not taking it, rejecting later
[19:23:25] <Ganneff> where first batch means "up to the amount of money we have for sure then"
[19:23:44] <marga> ana: ah, well... We need to do better screening of that. I'm not sure how.
[19:23:50] <Ganneff> ana: yes. we unfortunately have to deal with that. otoh that means we have more money later on.
[19:23:52] <ana> marga: yes, agree, not sure how either
[19:23:59] <Ganneff> and we can take last year(s) experience into account
[19:24:08] * ana nods.
[19:24:25] <ana> on travel and accomodation
[19:24:25] <des> was last year too bad in that regard?
[19:24:29] <Ganneff> ok. are we (currently) done with this?
[19:24:36] <marga> des: yep.
[19:24:36] <Ganneff> des: no
[19:24:41] <des> hehe
[19:24:42] <Ganneff> well. some didnt get in
[19:24:42] <marga> heh
[19:24:57] <Ganneff> but we always will have some
[19:25:08] <ana> since most of people are travelling further this year, i'll be very different, i think
[19:25:16] <Ganneff> similar to mexico
[19:25:33] <des> ana: different how?
[19:25:42] <Ganneff> .ar is just far far far away from many of us. lots of money for a flight
[19:25:45] <ana> some are unavoidable (illness, etc), but some are just... lazy about communicate this
[19:25:51] <ana> des: and more days off from work
[19:26:14] <Ganneff> hehe, yes, i bet we wont see people from europe just visiting for 2 days, which we had in EDI :)
[19:26:34] <ana> exaclty :)
[19:26:42] <Ganneff> anyway, are we currently done with this topic?
[19:26:47] <marga> Well, one thing to be done could be to ask people to pay a symbolic amount of money (U$S 10 ?), so that we know that they are serious about it.
[19:26:55] <des> well that just mean that people will anticipate thing more, and that's good :)
[19:27:01] <des> hopefully
[19:27:01] <Ganneff> marga: hrm. pay where? send to spi? or?
[19:27:06] <marga> In a meeting some months ago someone mentioned that SPI could charge credit cards?
[19:27:14] <marga> Ganneff: yes, SPI.
[19:27:28] <Ganneff> marga: yes, i *think* one of the donor systems takes creditcards
[19:27:45] <Ganneff> not everyone has one...
[19:27:47] <marga> Ganneff: well, it's a possibility.
[19:27:51] <Ganneff> yes
[19:27:54] <ana> the quetion is.. that will mean more work for not a very amount of money?
[19:27:57] <marga> Ganneff: I know. But most people can get hold of one.
[19:28:03] <ana> a very big*
[19:28:09] <Ganneff> can you hilight that point in the minutes and start a discussion on the list?
[19:28:16] <ana> marga: but the idea is good, we can talk about that later on the list
[19:28:19] <marga> Ganneff: ok.
[19:28:38] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting time | 4. Next meeting date
[19:28:42] <Ganneff> (aob follows later)
[19:28:53] <marga> Jan 21st ?
[19:28:53] <Ganneff> next meeting would be 21 january if we follow our current schedule
[19:29:20] <Ganneff> add to minutes, list is there if something broken happens and we need to move, i think
[19:29:22] <marga> It's the middle of the Summer Holidays over here, but some of us will still be here, so I don't think it's a problem.
[19:29:44] <Ganneff> # topic Meeting time | 5. AOB
[19:29:46] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting time | 5. AOB
[19:29:51] <ana> by then, 21st dod we have open the call for registration?
[19:29:58] <marga> ana: right.
[19:30:02] <Ganneff> ok. anyone here - anything to say/discuss?
[19:30:14] <Ganneff> ana: either then or shortly after it
[19:30:22] <des> Ganneff: what are the plans regarding penta? will we use the same version?
[19:30:40] <Ganneff> des: i plan to look at 0.3.x after christmas
[19:30:50] <Ganneff> we should, hopefully, run that
[19:31:35] <ana> we need a website by then too
[19:31:37] <des> Ganneff: mmm... I should take a look at it then hopefully sooner to think about the videoteam interface
[19:31:44] <Ganneff> ana: i think we have a website.
[19:31:49] <Ganneff> des: yes sir
[19:32:00] <marga> ana: we do have a website.
[19:32:04] <ana> ok just found it
[19:32:11] <ana> i was visitinf with https
[19:32:35] <Ganneff> ok. aob: we did announce extremadura for dc9, as you might all have read on the lists.
[19:32:51] <Ganneff> during 2008, somewhere between march and may we should get a website for dc9 up.
[19:33:52] <marga> Yes, we also should get the extremadura team to participate around here.
[19:33:55] <Ganneff> and i hope cesar and co will join us
[19:33:56] <Ganneff> yes
[19:34:19] <Ganneff> ok, another aob?
[19:34:24] <Ganneff> if not i close the meeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at