Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[20:00:25] <marga> I can chair.
[20:00:30] <marga> Ok. You do it :)
[20:00:32] <Ganneff> ups
[20:00:37] <Ganneff> 21:00:33 [ alphascorpii] [ beuno ] [ FBI ] [ madduck] [ moray ] [ Sledge ]
[20:00:37] <Ganneff> 21:00:33 [ amaya ] [ broonie ] [ Ganneff ] [ marga ] [ muammar ] [ svenk ]
[20:00:37] <Ganneff> 21:00:33 [ ana ] [ cpt_nemo] [ gregoa ] [ Maulkin] [ paravoid] [ tiagovaz]
[20:00:37] <Ganneff> 21:00:33 [ andreas ] [ dam ] [ GyrosGeier] [ maxy ] [ pixie ] [ Tolimar ]
[20:00:37] <Ganneff> 21:00:33 [ anibal ] [ des ] [ h01ger ] [ meetbot] [ santiago]
[20:00:38] <Ganneff> 21:00:33 [ bdale ] [ edrz ] [ jvw ] [ mhy ] [ sgran ]
[20:00:43] <Ganneff> now, lets wait 2 minutes for late comers
[20:00:46] <marga> ok
[20:00:59] * madduck is here, but pretty dead from jetlag
[20:01:38] * des _o/
[20:01:45] <marga> Agenda is at:
[20:01:59] <paravoid> I'm here, watching mostly...
[20:02:17] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting | a. Local team status, Hotel/ISP status.
[20:02:27] <marga> Ok, so this is for me.
[20:02:30] <madduck> since i have not had any time yet to look at the new press@pentabarf stuff, I have nothing to say for press anyway
[20:02:38] <madduck> (sorry)
[20:03:06] <marga> After the "other conf at the same time" mess, we finally got the conf rooms confirmed by the hotel. They aren't the ones we had chosen from the beginning.
[20:03:11] <Ganneff> madduck: just reply to my mail at some point.
[20:03:21] <madduck> yes
[20:03:34] <Ganneff> marga: do we switch rooms in the middle or do we stay with the other rooms for the whole time?
[20:03:42] <marga> Currently they have no wifi. But they are planning to remodel them on March, and they probably will add wifi by then.
[20:03:49] <Ganneff> probably?
[20:03:50] * edrz present
[20:04:05] <marga> Yes, probably. We will know for sure in a few weeks.
[20:04:08] <Ganneff> ok
[20:04:19] <andreas> Any plan B if not?
[20:04:25] <Ganneff> do it ourself.
[20:04:36] <andreas> OK, so no kittens get killed?
[20:04:43] <marga> If not, then we will add the APs ourselves.
[20:04:57] <Ganneff> andreas: i expect something similar to dc7 with wireless.
[20:05:12] <marga> We don't switch rooms. We stay always in the same rooms, and add an extra room during DebConf.
[20:05:19] <Ganneff> ok
[20:05:35] <Ganneff> when do we have the extra room? a day or two before debconf?
[20:05:38] <Ganneff> ie, for videoteam setup
[20:05:50] <marga> We will be going this Friday to the hotel, to try an negotiate the prices, which are currently a bit higher than what we would like.
[20:06:07] <marga> We get the room on Sunday, but for videoteam setup we can have it before.
[20:06:21] <Ganneff> fine
[20:06:31] <marga> i.e. do everything that's needed (test the audio, test the lighting, etc), before the other conf comes. Then comes the other conf, then us.
[20:06:48] <Ganneff> ah. so setup is early during debconf
[20:06:55] <marga> DebCamp
[20:06:56] <Ganneff> err
[20:06:57] <Ganneff> debcamp
[20:07:00] <marga> yes.
[20:07:04] <Ganneff> works
[20:07:32] <Ganneff> fine. so more on the hotel stuff after friday i guess?
[20:07:39] <marga> Indeed.
[20:07:46] <Ganneff> then ISP now. :)
[20:08:34] <Ganneff> who from localteam wants to speak?
[20:08:45] <marga> Regarding the ISP, we haven't got confirmation yet, but we are still working on it. We have an offer that looks promising, where the telco will join several cables and do the "bonding" themselves, giving us one big broadband (i.e. not several ADSLs bonded by a router). We want fiber, and we were told there IS fiber at the hotel's door, but the telco denies it's existence.
[20:09:34] <Traveler_> The telco is Telefónica de Argentina
[20:09:57] <marga> (which is the same Telefonica from Spain, and many Latin American countries)
[20:10:18] <des> again we expect to have more on this the next week when Traveler_ get a response from them
[20:10:18] <Ganneff> telco dumb.
[20:10:53] <Ganneff> ok. fine.
[20:10:53] * paravoid likes it
[20:10:54] <Traveler_> The connection that they could provide by using many copper pairs bonded is a carrier class connection of 10Mb/s
[20:11:11] <Ganneff> 10mb/s as calculated in mexico or in real calculations? :)
[20:11:16] <Ganneff> (real use 7.5mb or 10? :) )
[20:11:29] <Traveler_> Ganneff: That's why I said carrier class
[20:11:30] <marga> Ganneff: hopefully real use, but we plan to test this in advance.
[20:11:36] <Ganneff> great.
[20:11:46] <marga> Although not this Friday. On a future trip.
[20:11:48] <Ganneff> Traveler_: we hoped for the other in .mx too, but had some problems.
[20:12:20] <Ganneff> ok. more to this topic?
[20:12:41] <Traveler_> Whe're also planning to have at a least another backup connection
[20:12:48] <paravoid> 10Mb/s symmetrical?
[20:13:06] <Traveler_> paravoid: Yes
[20:13:23] <marga> Ganneff: next topic, I guess.
[20:13:25] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting | b. Sponsorteam status
[20:13:27] <Ganneff> there.
[20:13:34] <marga> Sledge: any news on this?
[20:13:34] <Ganneff> sledge, Maulkin, whoever else, speak up now. :)
[20:13:44] <Sledge> things are on track so far
[20:13:53] <Sledge> money from sun is finally coming for dc7
[20:13:57] <Ganneff> yay
[20:14:15] <Sledge> we've got quite a few sponsors just about ready for invoicing in the eu/us
[20:14:30] <Ganneff> direct transfer to .ar, or going via spi?
[20:14:32] <Sledge> and I'm waiting on updates from .br/.mx/elseewhere for some others
[20:14:58] <Sledge> .us to spi
[20:14:59] <marga> Local sponsorteam is contacting people, but we haven't got any confirmations yet.
[20:15:08] <Sledge> .eu to .ar I thinki
[20:15:14] <Sledge> marga: ok
[20:15:15] <marga> Sledge: how are we invoicing?
[20:15:31] <marga> Sledge: with the commitment + proforma invoice?
[20:15:38] <Sledge> marga: same way as for tt I guess, yeah
[20:15:42] <Ganneff> do we have some "company" name or something behind this invoicing? like dc7 ltd.?
[20:16:28] * Sledge leaves that for marga
[20:16:38] <marga> Via Libre Foundation. It's a non-profit foundation.
[20:16:41] <Ganneff> (sorry if that had been said in the past. i try to keep me out of it, so forget such things. no knowledge == no risk to work there) :)
[20:16:43] <Ganneff> ok.
[20:16:58] <Sledge> anything else? I'm just about to grab food :-)
[20:17:05] <marga> Ganneff: btw, I had added a new point just before the meeting started.
[20:17:23] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting | c. Amount of volunteers
[20:17:26] <Ganneff> marga: there. :)
[20:17:40] <marga> Ok, so, we have 2 types of volunteers: foreigner and local.
[20:17:51] <Ganneff> si.
[20:18:15] <marga> I'd like for us to agree on how many volunteers makes sense to fly from far away, and how many locals makes sense to sponsor for food+lodging
[20:18:43] <Ganneff> i would say - everyone can set themself as volunteer - but it doesnt make a large + in terms of travel sponsorship.
[20:19:04] <Ganneff> maybe a little bit, if the scores of two people are same and one wants to volunteer - that on egets preferred.
[20:19:08] <marga> I made some calculations, 10 people for FD, 20 people for talks (microphones, video, audio, etc), looked like enough.
[20:19:11] <Ganneff> but not "you volunteer, we fly you in"
[20:19:21] * Sledge nods Ganneff
[20:19:22] <marga> Ganneff: ok.
[20:19:36] <Ganneff> and then we can use the foreigner volunteers whenever we have something to do and need someone by "just grabbing them"
[20:19:47] <Ganneff> "here, do this, thanks, go away"
[20:19:48] <Ganneff> or so.
[20:19:54] <marga> How about locals?
[20:20:05] <Ganneff> you planned to let them work in shifts or something.
[20:20:10] <marga> Ganneff: yes.
[20:20:25] <Ganneff> sounds sensible, they can staff rooms, and do other things that just need to be done
[20:20:37] <Ganneff> we can rely on them to be there from XX:YY til ZZ:AA.
[20:20:41] <marga> I got those numbers yesterday. 30 people should be enough. I don't know if I'm forgetting something.
[20:20:51] <marga> Ganneff: yes.
[20:20:53] <Ganneff> andfor that they get a free stay. or whatever you planned
[20:20:54] <marga> Ganneff: that's the idea.
[20:20:59] <andreas> IMHO those volunteers who get a sponsored flight have to agree to a defined task
[20:21:02] <marga> Ganneff: indeed, that's the plan.
[20:21:18] <Ganneff> andreas: the idea is not to sponsor a flight because someone volunteers
[20:21:43] <Ganneff> the volunteer wouldnt be a way to get the flight. *only* if there is a non-volunteer at the same queue position it would be a preference.
[20:21:48] <andreas> well, this was what I understand out of your "you volunteer, we fly you in
[20:22:06] <paravoid> andreas: there was a "not" before that :)
[20:22:09] <Ganneff> andreas: note the "but not" in front
[20:22:36] <andreas> Read it, and thought it was about to discuss
[20:22:40] <marga> so. Would paying for 30 local volunteers stay be ok? Does that number of volunteers sound sensible?
[20:22:45] <andreas> I share your opinion and wanted to enhance
[20:23:08] <Ganneff> marga: sounds ok if they agree to work for a defined time during debconf.
[20:23:42] <marga> Ganneff: yes. I've been talking to them, making sure that they know what they are volunteering for. They seem to be ok with the whole thing.
[20:23:50] <Ganneff> where defined time is something local team should decide. youo know the job situation/payment stuff better to weight it.
[20:23:53] <Ganneff> great
[20:24:21] <Ganneff> marga: one of local team should then be volunteer contact
[20:24:35] <marga> Ganneff: yes, maxy is volunteer coordinator (supposedly)
[20:24:38] <Ganneff> meaning that he/she is the one contact you talk to if you need a local volunteer to do stuff/be assigned
[20:24:39] <Ganneff> ok.
[20:24:49] <Ganneff> this topic done?
[20:25:01] <paravoid> are you expecting 30 local volunteers?
[20:25:01] <paravoid> wow
[20:25:25] <marga> paravoid: I'm actually expecting more. I'm not sure how we will select them.
[20:25:31] <des> yeap
[20:25:53] <Ganneff> paravoid: gives them a nice holiday for not too much work.
[20:26:09] <Ganneff> thats definitely a reason to do some work.
[20:26:16] <marga> Ganneff: yes, for me. We agree on 30 local volunteers, and as many foreign volunteers as they like, but foreign volunteers don't get anything special.
[20:26:38] <Ganneff> marga: maybe a shirt (or what we do), if we can afford it and we actually let them do work
[20:26:55] <des> seems sensible to me
[20:26:59] <marga> Ganneff: it's not so much for the holiday as for having the possibility of spending time at DebConf. We have a lot of Debian users around, that want to be there, even if they don't fit the DebConf profile.
[20:27:10] <marga> Ganneff: ok.
[20:27:21] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting | d. Sponsor categories regarding DebianDay stands
[20:27:29] <Ganneff> there, next. again margas floor i guess?
[20:27:38] <marga> yeah...
[20:27:39] <Ganneff> (marga needs to delegate more :) )
[20:28:03] <des> Well I can pick this up if you want, marga
[20:28:10] <marga> Well, the thing is that for local sponsors having the stand at DebianDay is the thing they want the most.
[20:28:37] <marga> But it's currently at 15k USD, which is kind of a lot of money in .ar
[20:28:52] <Ganneff> so you want different categories for it.
[20:29:07] <marga> Would it be sensible if we categorized the local sponsors in ARS instead of USD ?
[20:29:19] <marga> Ganneff: same categories, different currency.
[20:29:29] <Ganneff> fine. debianday was always something where the local team had the whole say and work and decision stuff on it, so i think - decide what fits best.
[20:29:32] <Ganneff> sounds sensible
[20:29:54] <Ganneff> btw, dday - if you want to use the domain for a site about it - talk to me off-meeting!
[20:30:02] <marga> Ok.
[20:30:57] <Ganneff> more to this?
[20:31:00] <marga> That's all for me. des: anything to add?
[20:31:12] <des> marga: nope, that was it
[20:31:24] <marga> ok, next topic then.
[20:31:25] <Ganneff> #topic Meeting | e. Any other business? Speak up now or remain silent forever.
[20:32:06] <Maulkin> Still waiting for money from one sponsor
[20:32:10] <Ganneff> noone?
[20:32:13] <Maulkin> Due soon.
[20:32:23] <Maulkin> (Hopefully, this week)
[20:32:23] <marga> Maulkin: Sun? Wasn't it on it's way?
[20:32:46] <Maulkin> marga: not turned up yet :|
[20:33:28] <Ganneff> no aobs?
[20:33:33] <marga> Maulkin: ok.
[20:33:40] * Ganneff closes in 30 seconds
[20:34:16] <Ganneff> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at