Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[20:01:29] <Tincho> hi there
[20:01:29] <Ganneff> whos here?
[20:01:51] <moray> we don't seem to be doing very well on meeting attendence recently
[20:01:59] * Traveler_ is here
[20:02:06] <dererk> Hi there
[20:02:13] <mhy> I'll be around in about 15 minutes
[20:02:24] <Ganneff> #topic 1. Talks / Proceedings
[20:02:27] <Maulkin> moo (but working on release update. Not that you'll need me for anything anyway)
[20:02:31] <Ganneff> not much to say here:
[20:02:47] <Ganneff> we are done with it, talks are (mostly, except one) marked. mails should be out today, shortly after the meeting.
[20:02:58] <Ganneff> proceedings team assembled, will also start then
[20:03:22] <Ganneff> comments/questions?
[20:04:26] <Ganneff> none i guess
[20:04:40] <Ganneff> #topic 2. Travel sponsorship
[20:04:53] <moray> Ganneff: on talks, not much to say unless the team want to speak
[20:05:00] <Ganneff> ok, what do people want to hear for this?
[20:05:08] <Ganneff> we did send out all the mails to those in the queues/rejects.
[20:05:17] <Ganneff> lots of people made mistakes filling out data
[20:05:19] <moray> has everyone got a mail one way or the other?
[20:05:25] <moray> (it sounds like it)
[20:05:29] <Ganneff> they lost for this year, but we got multiple suggestions for changed wordings and stuff
[20:05:36] <Ganneff> moray: everyone that was considered
[20:06:38] <Ganneff> in some time, like in 2 weeks or so we maybe should send a general mail to all people who clicked "attend" for dc8 and tell them their status
[20:06:49] <Ganneff> no matter if travel or reconfirm, just general "this is where you are"
[20:07:20] <dererk> That's nice
[20:07:20] <Ganneff> ok, more on this from anyone?
[20:07:22] <Tincho> Ganneff: I have the impression that this year herb seemed more strict for people, and gives a bad feeling. not that we have any money to give out, bu twel...
[20:07:30] <moray> Ganneff: yeah, info emails are good
[20:07:46] <moray> a bit late to really help people, but still better to find problems now than later
[20:07:48] <Ganneff> Tincho: we arent more strict, its just worse for people thanks to the distance, so its seen more
[20:07:55] <Tincho> +1 on mails giving clear clues to people
[20:08:10] <moray> Tincho: we had the same problems last year
[20:08:11] <Ganneff> #action soon (like within 2 weeks) send a "get a clue about your dc8 entry" mail to all that want to attend
[20:08:13] <Tincho> I have to prepare the page ana asked me, that'd help too
[20:08:24] <Tincho> moray: I looked less problematic from outside :)
[20:08:49] <Ganneff> Tincho: sure, as it didnt need so much money per person, so you can more easily say "oh fuck it, i pay on my own"
[20:08:54] <Ganneff> #topic Hardware status
[20:08:58] <Ganneff> #topic 3. Hardware status
[20:09:00] <Ganneff> there, better.
[20:09:08] <Ganneff> now, whats up with this? whos there to talk
[20:09:10] <Ganneff> des?
[20:09:45] <Tincho> we had many offers for lending us hard lately
[20:09:57] <dererk> Ganneff: We have almost reached the servers requested for video-team
[20:10:02] <Ganneff> oh. nice. none made it to admin@ yet, i think.
[20:10:06] <Tincho> I think we will have plenty of servers, maybe not that big, but many smaller
[20:10:13] <Ganneff> dererk: i dont care so much about them, MORE important are those for the admins.
[20:10:19] <dererk> I'm not sure if Admins ones need are met too
[20:10:26] <Ganneff> videos are nice, but only additional, first we need the general machines before video can get stuff
[20:10:36] <Ganneff> no network at all means no debconf...
[20:10:39] <Tincho> dererk: yes, we have anough already
[20:10:55] <Ganneff> Tincho: hrm. where are lists with it? can we have one at admin@?
[20:10:56] <Tincho> the stuff missing is switches, APs and NICs
[20:11:07] <dererk> Tincho: almost met too
[20:11:11] <Ganneff> that sounds mostly cheap to buy
[20:11:17] <Tincho> Ganneff: I think that most deals arent completely closed yet
[20:11:30] <Ganneff> Tincho: who exactly is doing this hw stuff?
[20:11:38] <Tincho> Ganneff: yes, with the money we save on importing we can buy lots of stuff
[20:11:58] <Tincho> Ganneff: dererk was compiling a list, but many are working on contacting sponsors
[20:12:20] <Ganneff> so dererk has the list. ok. (whos dererk? no realname in his realname field)
[20:12:37] <Ganneff> dererk: can you post the list to so we can look what we have?
[20:12:46] <dererk> Ganneff: Ok, I'll
[20:12:59] <Ganneff> #topic 4. Network status
[20:13:04] <Ganneff> thats slightly connected
[20:13:16] <Tincho> not there yet. ISPs still without news
[20:13:17] <Ganneff> we already hard that we currently miss APs and switches and stuff, but that it can be bought
[20:13:29] <Ganneff> ah. that was my second point in this.
[20:13:33] <Ganneff> when do we expect more info?
[20:13:36] <moray> before people also brought network stuff?
[20:13:40] <Tincho> this week hopefully
[20:13:53] <moray> possibly fewer people will do that than last yera
[20:14:11] <Ganneff> a few people will have small switches and stuff.
[20:14:15] <moray> network is indeed what people will really care about though
[20:14:19] <Ganneff> but we cant hope we get as much as in EDI
[20:14:26] <Ganneff> Tincho: ok, report to the -team list?
[20:14:40] <moray> as has been shown before, if the network isn't working well enough, DebConf attendees get quickly annoyed and unreasonable...
[20:14:42] <Tincho> Ganneff: you mean current status?
[20:14:48] <Ganneff> Tincho: when we know more
[20:14:52] <dererk> We have already 8 AP+Wifi Routers
[20:14:53] <Tincho> Ganneff: sure
[20:15:20] <Ganneff> ok. more for this topic?
[20:15:27] <Ganneff> (this will be a short meeting)
[20:15:53] <Tincho> Ganneff: we are moving slowly, may thing going in parallel
[20:15:57] <Tincho> many
[20:16:00] <Ganneff> #topic 5. Next meeting
[20:16:01] <Ganneff> yes
[20:16:09] <Ganneff> next meeting would be the 16 june
[20:16:14] <Tincho> k
[20:16:21] <Ganneff> same time, same location
[20:16:24] <dererk> +1
[20:16:26] <moray> Ganneff: well, it's short when we have few people here I think...
[20:16:35] <Ganneff> #topic 6. AOB
[20:16:37] <sgran> everything got mentioned
[20:16:39] <Ganneff> who has stuff?
[20:16:47] <Ganneff> speak up now - or never ever again.
[20:17:09] <Tincho> yes, one thing
[20:17:19] <Ganneff> your floor
[20:17:24] <Tincho> will be discussed tonight in local team
[20:17:36] <Tincho> but we might not reach the 250 people?
[20:17:49] <Tincho> gah, very broken english today
[20:18:08] <Ganneff> we hardly know that before we are there. i think we will get 250
[20:18:18] <Tincho> We are paying in advance for that number, if we don't reach it, we'll have to re-negotiate
[20:18:42] <dererk> Ganneff: do you have handly how many ppl did reconfirm?
[20:18:47] <Ganneff> we have 104 reconfirmed
[20:18:52] <dererk> thx
[20:18:55] <Ganneff> dererk: always on
[20:19:02] <dererk> Bookmarked
[20:19:14] <Ganneff> with 340 registered in total
[20:19:25] <moray> Tincho: when you say "we will have to renegotiate", you mean we would want to, to save money?
[20:19:30] <Ganneff> Tincho: how hard would it be to later get more rooms if we now go down?
[20:19:50] <Ganneff> umm. what was our deadline for reconfirm?
[20:19:51] <moray> presumably there's no *penalty* for having fewer people, at worst it would be wasteful?
[20:19:58] <Tincho> moray: to not pay more that we'll use
[20:20:16] <sgran> you can just give the admins single rooms
[20:20:17] <Tincho> Ganneff: it was easy, but they were also counting on a big minimum
[20:20:22] <Ganneff> I would say deadline of reconfirm is the point one could consider renegotiation
[20:20:44] <Tincho> wasn't there a fixed deadline?
[20:20:48] <Ganneff> yes
[20:20:54] <Ganneff> what was it, cant remember (gah)
[20:20:57] <moray> have we got many people registered who don't have sponsored accommodation?
[20:21:02] <Tincho> me neither
[20:21:13] <moray> last year we had the fun of selling off 'spare' beds to them, I suppose we could repeat that...
[20:21:18] <dererk> Ganneff: June 15th
[20:21:33] <Ganneff> so 13 days to go
[20:21:40] <Ganneff> we might want to send a reminder end of this week
[20:21:42] <moray> Ganneff: if it's 15 June we need to do the status mail in a week
[20:21:45] <moray> yeah, or sooner
[20:21:45] <Ganneff> that will get more people to reconfirm
[20:21:45] <Tincho> moray: I'd prefer to not do that
[20:21:49] <Ganneff> moray: yes
[20:22:00] <dererk> Ganneff: sooner, if it's possible
[20:22:14] <Ganneff> #action send a reconfirmation reminder this week
[20:22:16] <moray> are we requiring dates by reconfirmation? we did before, but I'm not sure if we've made that obvious enough yet
[20:22:30] <moray> presumably the status email should warn bad/missing dates people about stuff
[20:23:52] <Tincho> yes, we should spam plenty so everyone has the big red warning
[20:24:09] <dererk> heh
[20:24:27] <Ganneff> ok. now.
[20:24:41] <Ganneff> Tincho: are you ok with waiting a little with the renegotiation until reconfirm ends?
[20:24:54] <Tincho> Ganneff: yes, 15 days is OK
[20:25:06] <Ganneff> k, fine
[20:25:16] <Ganneff> anyone else who wants to discuss a point in this meeting?
[20:25:32] <dererk> not me
[20:25:55] <Ganneff> timeout
[20:25:57] <Ganneff> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at