Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[20:06:07] <marga> PING an3as arthur Traveler_ dererk schultmc ernesto cpt_nemo amaya lisandropm dannf maxy bureado karora sgran kevc FBI edrz anibal__ Ganneff helix Jon broonie mhy tokkee svenk beuno madduck jvw h01ger Maulkin alphascorpii Sledge moray meetbot fil bdale Tincho des gregoa Tolimar paravoid marga MEETING
[20:06:18] * paravoid is here
[20:06:24] * schultmc waves
[20:06:31] * Traveler_ is here
[20:06:38] * Tincho waves too
[20:06:45] * edrz waves to meetbot
[20:06:57] <marga> #LINK Agenda at:
[20:07:36] <marga> #TOPIC T-shirts/proceedings/etc. ready for attendees?
[20:07:50] <marga> #IDEA T-shirts are being done, should be ready along this week.
[20:07:55] <marga> #IDEA Same for the magazine.
[20:08:22] * bdale is here
[20:08:27] * des _o/
[20:08:34] <marga> #IDEA The proceedings are a bit delayed because of the long delay in speakers submitting their data. Zack has received the papers already, and will be working on the assembling tomorrow (and the days after)
[20:08:51] <marga> #IDEA The bags are also in production and should also be ready along this week.
[20:09:29] <marga> #IDEA The only thing missing in this area is the extra gifts that we have to hand out. We are figuring them out.
[20:09:40] <marga> Any questions or comments?
[20:10:31] * marga has the sensation that she's talking into the void.
[20:10:50] <Tincho> marga: :)
[20:10:52] <Sledge> all sounds good so far
[20:10:53] <Sledge> :-)
[20:11:16] <marga> #TOPIC Electricity: multiway adaptors etc.
[20:11:18] <Traveler_> marga: Next topic?
[20:11:39] <marga> #IDEA The hotel people is doing a good job of providing all our areas with power sockets.
[20:11:48] <des> next?
[20:12:08] <Sledge> marga: cool
[20:12:18] <maxy> powerbars in the hotel support type c and type I connectors.
[20:12:29] <marga> #IDEA These are Type-I + Type-C sockets. We plan to help people adapt theyr multiway adaptors.
[20:13:07] <marga> #IDEA By changing the plugs, not by using adaptors.
[20:13:23] * zer0mdq finally here
[20:14:25] <maxy> Adaptors for US connectors are easy to find.
[20:14:40] <marga> #TOPIC * Physical network for hacking areas: switches, cables
[20:14:40] <marga> * LinuxNewMedia one page A4 4color AD (needs someone doing it until 8 august)
[20:14:40] <marga> * Check preliminary schedule at if we can release it to the public[1]
[20:14:41] <marga> * Hardware inventory (including video equipment)
[20:14:43] <marga> [1] it only lists events for which the speakers reconfirmed, so if one did not reconfirm - not listed. We need to make that clear in our schedule announcement. Or hunt all the speakers down right before we release the schedule and get them to reconfirm / drop their talk.
[20:14:47] <marga> [edit] Monday, July 21th, 20:00 UTC
[20:14:51] <marga> * Network uplink status -- working yet? Yes.
[20:14:53] <marga> * Press/penta status
[20:14:54] <maxy> bad marga
[20:14:55] <marga> * Proceedings status
[20:14:57] <marga> * Incoming/outgoing funds status (including payments to hotel, plan for travel sponsorship payments)
[20:15:00] <marga> OUCH!
[20:15:02] <marga> Sorry about that.
[20:15:13] <marga> So, physical network...
[20:16:03] <marga> #IDEA The main network is already in place. The hardware for the hacklabs (switches and APs) is at MDQ, but will be placed on its corresponding place on the 1st or 2nd.
[20:16:30] <marga> #IDEA Cabling is done for the hacklabs and being finished for the talk rooms.
[20:16:48] <marga> We are very lucky to have a lot of hotel stuff doing all the work for us.
[20:17:08] <Tincho> we already have the core switches with redundant cables across the building and all the nice stuff
[20:17:11] <des> and doing a *great* work
[20:17:27] <marga> #IDEA Regarding hardware, we are a bit short on room-APs. So, we need a few more borrowed APs so that we can have good signal on the room floors.
[20:17:39] <des> and servers in place
[20:17:45] <marga> Yes.
[20:18:10] <marga> #IDEA The important servers are in place and configured. Video machines are installed and waiting for the video-team to configure them.
[20:18:12] <h01ger> hi. sorry, had some car problems.
[20:18:48] <marga> #IDEA What we don't have is a "compiling" server, with pbuilders and such. We don't have a powerful machine to work as such.
[20:19:43] <Tincho> paravoid and friends: there is already a machine for setting up an asterisk
[20:19:54] <marga> Tincho: remember the #IDEA
[20:20:03] <marga> #IDEA There's a server for asterisk being set up.
[20:20:06] <Tincho> marga: sorry
[20:20:21] <marga> I think that's it for the network, right?
[20:20:34] <marga> Any questions?
[20:20:54] <h01ger> should i/amaya bring a fonera AP or rather not?
[20:21:14] <marga> h01ger: those are the small ones, that don't look suspicious, right?
[20:21:23] <Tincho> we are trying to find them locally, but if you arrive early, it can be helpful
[20:21:40] * an3as is here and read the backlog now
[20:21:41] <h01ger> if i knew a day earlier, i could have brought a non-released-yet fonera 2.0 - now i left it at home :)
[20:21:52] <h01ger> Tincho, yeah, wednesday evening in EZE
[20:21:54] <edrz> i have a wrt, but I somehow misplaced the antennas ...
[20:22:11] <des> h01ger: you should have bring that anyway ;-P
[20:22:19] <Tincho> h01ger: great, then those can be used
[20:22:23] <marga> h01ger: yes, if you can, bring it.
[20:22:25] <h01ger> des, i bring to much crap and wont have time for such fun :)
[20:22:33] * h01ger grabs it and puts it to the packed stuff
[20:22:49] <marga> #TOPIC LinuxNewMedia one page A4 4color AD (needs someone doing it until 8 august)
[20:23:06] <marga> #IDEA We already have a graphics designer helping us out.
[20:23:11] <des> marga: we could probably use Leticia
[20:23:23] <marga> des: yes, that's who I meant :)
[20:23:38] <des> marga: so should I ask her?
[20:23:49] <marga> #ACTION des'll ask her to do the design.
[20:24:08] <marga> #TOPIC Check preliminary schedule at if we can release it to the public
[20:24:11] * des takes that as a yes ;-p
[20:24:46] <an3as> well, I'm not really happy about this - it's somehow unfinished
[20:24:56] <an3as> Don't like to hand over half done work
[20:24:59] <marga> The schedule doesn't show the confirmed events?
[20:25:13] <marga> an3as: there are missing events?
[20:25:17] <Tincho> there are people unconfirmed or something like that
[20:25:25] <an3as> Well, I hope that all confirmed events are scheduled
[20:25:39] <an3as> The problem is the lot unconfirmed stuff
[20:25:50] <an3as> People will expect them to be scheduled.
[20:26:03] <an3as> Could somebody have another look on the schedule?
[20:26:13] <h01ger> mail those people and tell them they will not be scheduled if they dont reconfirm their talk.
[20:26:25] <an3as> I'll be offline in about 16 hours and can not do anything about this until I arrive in MDQ
[20:26:27] <Tincho> an3as: I saw that it's quite unbalanced. but that's because of the missing stuff, I guess
[20:26:36] <an3as> Yep
[20:26:45] <an3as> That's why I'm so unhyppa about my job
[20:27:04] <h01ger> so who will finish the schedule while an3as is traveling?
[20:27:05] <marga> h01ger: I don't think it's a people problem.
[20:27:11] <an3as> h01ger: Sorry, no work on the schedule from my side until 6.8. any more
[20:27:14] <h01ger> people as in speakers?
[20:27:15] <marga> I think it's a commitee problem.
[20:27:20] <h01ger> an3as, got that. trying to find a solution now
[20:27:30] <an3as> I hope Vannessa will care
[20:27:30] <Tincho> marga: which committee?
[20:27:38] <marga> h01ger: yes, I mean, it's not that they have to reconfirm, but that the events haven't been confirmed by the committee.
[20:27:44] * h01ger thinks we want to release the schedule before 6.8. - even if only preliminary
[20:27:44] <marga> Tincho: the talks committee
[20:27:52] <h01ger> marga, ah
[20:28:14] <marga> But I'm not sure, I don't really get it, and Ganneff hasn't been clear with his communications about this.
[20:28:15] <Tincho> marga: err.. I'm on that, and I didn't know there was something pending from us
[20:28:22] <marga> an3as: can you tell us if that's the problem?
[20:28:25] <des> "it only lists events for which the speakers reconfirmed, so if one did not reconfirm - not listed. We need to make that clear in our schedule announcement. Or hunt all the speakers down right before we release the schedule and get them to reconfirm / drop their talk."
[20:28:36] <des> That's Ganneff quote of this in the agenda
[20:28:40] <marga> des: I know what it says.
[20:28:41] <h01ger> so we need to hunt speakers
[20:28:47] <h01ger> who can do this? an3as cant
[20:28:51] <marga> des: but I think that the reason is another.
[20:28:52] <des> To me it clearly states that the problem is un-reconfirmed speakers
[20:29:03] <an3as> marga: I admit that I'm quite undecide what to do with all the stuff that is not scheduled
[20:29:11] <Tincho> but.. is there that much people not reconfirmed? marga?
[20:29:12] <marga> des: if a speaker hasn't reconfirmed by now, she or he is not coming.
[20:29:12] * h01ger ponders about releasing the schedule and then people will find out ;)
[20:29:20] <an3as> We have much slots left open and less events than open slots
[20:29:29] <h01ger> Tincho, not people for debconf. reconfirmed to give the specific talk
[20:29:34] <an3as> So in principle it is no problem to move things around
[20:29:36] <h01ger> thats how i understand it
[20:29:43] <h01ger> or?
[20:29:43] <marga> an3as: for example, on day 11, there are only 2 talks in the morning... Are there more talks scheduled that morning?
[20:29:43] <Tincho> h01ger: I didn't have to reconfirm my own talk...
[20:30:16] <Tincho> I don't get what's going on...
[20:30:18] * h01ger scratches head. do we want people to still reconfim?
[20:30:25] <marga> I think I meant Day 10.
[20:30:34] <marga> h01ger: well, yes, if they are coming.
[20:30:41] <marga> But I don't think that's the problem.
[20:30:42] <h01ger> still?
[20:31:02] <marga> an3as: could you please tell us if there are more than 2 talks in the morning of day 10 (Aug 12?)
[20:31:03] <h01ger> i would have thought talks of people who havent reconfirmed are not in consideration for the schedule anymore...
[20:31:04] <Tincho> an3as: can you give an example of a talk that it's not currently shown?
[20:33:26] <Tincho> I'm looking at penta now... there are talks from people that are really not coming
[20:33:34] <marga> Yes.
[20:33:45] <marga> It certainly looks that way.
[20:34:12] <h01ger> an3as, ?
[20:34:16] <Tincho> mako isn't coming, right?
[20:34:21] <h01ger> no, he's not
[20:34:28] <an3as> SOrry, I was on the phone
[20:34:57] <an3as> Damn slow connection
[20:35:06] * moray waves -- still dealing with family post my brother's wedding
[20:35:19] <Tincho> so there's two talks that can't be presented at all
[20:35:20] <an3as> Looking for the list of the commission which had all scheuled dates ...
[20:35:24] <Tincho> (from mako)
[20:35:32] * dererk waves
[20:35:33] <an3as> Mako is descheduled again
[20:35:57] <h01ger> an3as, so did you try to schedule talks of people who havent reconfirmed yet? IMO these talks should be all marked as "will not take place" (whatever that is in penta)
[20:36:19] <Tincho> if jeremy bobbio is not coming, d-i talk has to be deleted too
[20:36:26] <h01ger> yes
[20:36:46] <moray> if possible email the people whose talks get removed?
[20:36:49] <marga> Uhm
[20:36:56] <moray> (as yet another reminder to them, just in case)
[20:36:58] <an3as> Best idea is to look at
[20:36:59] <marga> But Sledge IS coming, and he's talk isn't showing eitehr.
[20:37:01] <an3as>
[20:37:22] <an3as> There you can see (hopefully) all events
[20:37:44] <an3as> The events ranked on top ar scheduled (see times on the right)
[20:38:12] <an3as> h01ger: The information about people who have not reconfirmed was missing
[20:38:26] <h01ger> an3as, uh
[20:38:32] <an3as> Well, I could have browsed every single person - but I hoped for a list from admins ...
[20:38:38] <Tincho> an3as: that can be seen if you click on the submitter's name
[20:38:39] <h01ger> thats a bug we want to have fixed for debconf9
[20:38:56] <h01ger> if its really not easiliy obvious
[20:39:00] <an3as> Yep Tincho: Do you want this to do for every single event several times
[20:39:04] <h01ger> clicking on 100 speakers doesnt work...
[20:39:08] <Tincho> true
[20:39:11] <an3as> That's my idea
[20:39:19] <an3as> I was asking for a list ...
[20:39:25] <marga> an3as: we know
[20:39:32] <marga> an3as: we are not saying you didn't do your work.
[20:39:44] <an3as> No you didn't
[20:39:53] <an3as> But I do not like unfinished work anyway.
[20:39:57] * h01ger files another rt ticket
[20:40:01] <marga> In any case, I'm intrigued at Sledge's event not showing. He IS reconfirmed.
[20:40:12] <an3as> I'll check ...
[20:40:20] <h01ger> an3as, we need to get over that now :) the past. and concentrate on the future
[20:40:29] <marga> an3as: ok, I'll talk with Vanessa and see if she can try to finish whatever needs finishing.
[20:40:33] * h01ger understands you being unhappy about unfinished work
[20:41:24] <Tincho> from what I see, most of the unconfirmed talks are talk that won't be presented at all
[20:41:25] <marga> #IDEA The schedule is not finished, there are some missing gaps. It should be fixed before published.
[20:41:38] <marga> #ACTION Marga will talk with Vanessa and try to fix the missing stuff.
[20:41:43] <an3as> marga: Its scheduled and shows up on 10.8. at 9:30
[20:41:45] <zer0mdq> next?
[20:41:46] <Tincho> so we end with way few talks :(
[20:41:57] <an3as> Seemed apropriate after the starting session, right?
[20:42:23] <an3as> Tincho: Yes
[20:42:30] <marga> an3as: it shows in, but not in
[20:42:48] <an3as> May be one of the mysteries of Penta???
[20:42:55] <marga> :-\
[20:43:07] <marga> Ok... We'll try to fix this. an3as thanks for all your work.
[20:43:26] <an3as> BTW, Vanessa did a great job an I trust her to work on the remaining stuff
[20:43:31] <marga> #TOPIC Hardware inventory (including video equipment)
[20:43:33] <an3as> Just ping her.
[20:43:36] <h01ger> ticket filed: #692: scheduling interface need to show if submitters are reconfirmed
[20:43:53] <marga> We've done an inventory of everything that was either bought or borrowed.
[20:44:14] <marga> #IDEA We've done an inventory of everything that was either bought or borrowed. It's in an ods in the debconf-data repository.
[20:44:26] <h01ger> who will be responsible for updating it in MDQ?
[20:44:35] <h01ger> cause people will bring more stuff :)
[20:44:40] <Tincho> h01ger: dererk voluteered for that
[20:44:49] <h01ger> cool.
[20:44:55] <edrz> video team stuff is here:
[20:44:59] * h01ger saludos a derek
[20:45:25] <marga> edrz: yes, although that's not too clear for me :)
[20:45:34] <h01ger> edrz, it should go in the other inventory to... we (debconf orga) want a single datasource. and we want to create _there_ based on reality, not on plans in the wiki :)
[20:45:40] <h01ger> too
[20:45:47] <edrz> ok
[20:45:56] <des> h01ger: exactly
[20:46:00] <h01ger> (we had that in EDI too and it worked very well)
[20:46:13] <des> the svn inventory is of hardware *here*
[20:46:38] <marga> #TOPIC Any Other Business?
[20:46:41] <des> we get foo, we write it down, we tag it
[20:46:57] <dererk> h01ger, its dererk :)
[20:47:15] <marga> Anyone has any questions?
[20:47:30] <Tincho> marga: shall we say something about the buses?
[20:47:38] <h01ger> dererk, pardon. (/me sighs a bit. i used to know a derek quite well...)
[20:48:14] <marga> Tincho: like what? I've been planning to call MTL, but I need some numbers, and since des is the only one with access right now (and he's very busy), it's been delayed
[20:48:47] <h01ger> busses after debconf or to MDQ?
[20:48:57] <marga> Tincho: we need to call to let them know the amount of people that is going to request a place on the 9th.
[20:49:01] <des> marga: I could try to and get you those numbers, shouldn't be hard
[20:49:02] <marga> h01ger: I think he meant to MDQ.
[20:49:06] <Tincho> I mean, since we planned to do this, but so far we couldn't
[20:49:10] <marga> des: ok, if you can, please do it.
[20:49:26] <Tincho> and people is asking in the ML
[20:49:47] <marga> Tincho: I think we need to 1) call the company and warn them about the amount of people coming 2) send a message to debconf-announce explaining what they should do, including an exsample mail.
[20:50:11] <des> marga++
[20:50:13] <Tincho> ok
[20:51:49] <marga> Anything else?
[20:52:11] <des> EOM?
[20:52:15] <marga> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at