#debconf-team Meeting

Meeting started by Hydroxide at 19:00:05 UTC. (full logs)
19:00:24 Topic: agree on rating threshholds
19:01:38 AGREEDHydroxidewe will not consider talks rated <= 0
19:07:26 INFOHydroxideany talk can occur at debconf even if it's not selected, assuming there is time and space free
19:07:51 AGREEDHydroxidewe will accept talks rated >=50 and only discuss talks rated 1-49
19:09:43 Topic: how to handle mischaracterized proposals
19:10:37 AGREEDHydroxidewe will talk to the submitter if we have requests for redesigning the proposal
19:10:57 Topic: Debian-Med BOF
19:11:40 Topic: Debian-Med BOF: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/385
19:13:22 AGREEDHydroxideDebian-Med BOF approved
19:13:56 Topic: dpkg vs Microsoft Installer: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/426
19:15:17 AGREEDHydroxidewe are not voting on lighting talks individually - that's the lightning talk coordinator's job
19:15:39 Topic: Debian redesign: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/459
19:18:40 AGREEDHydroxideDebian redesign talk is approved
19:23:55 Topic: Site configuration using config-package-dev: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/437
19:25:01 AGREEDHydroxideThe config-package-dev talk is approved
19:25:35 Topic: Non-English IRC support: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/415
19:26:39 AGREEDHydroxideapproved, but only as a BoF if the submitter wants
19:27:05 Topic: JTAG for beginners: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/446
19:28:06 AGREEDHydroxideapproved given that it's for debcamp
19:30:20 AGREEDHydroxidepixelgirl's redesign talk is approved, but with instructions not to present it as a fait accompli?
19:30:26 AGREEDHydroxideminus question mark
19:31:01 Topic: Let's get the penguin some rest: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/452
19:33:01 AGREEDHydroxideapproved: the penguin will receive some rest
19:33:36 Topic: Scratchbox2 for crosscompiling debian: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/388
19:35:17 LINKenricohttp://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/sbox2
19:35:23 AGREEDHydroxideapproved
19:35:28 LINKenricohttp://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/utils/scratchbox2
19:36:12 Topic: Advanced power management for OMAP3 and beyond: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/455
19:39:56 AGREEDHydroxidenot approved in an official way but will encourage the submitter to present as unofficial
19:40:42 AGREEDHydroxidewe should use that as a general policy for non-debian-related talks
19:41:42 Topic: Introduction to Shaft: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/450
19:44:54 AGREEDgwolfStays as unofficial, but will contact submitter to check if it can be made more Debian-related. Can be promoted later on.
19:45:27 Topic: Dance BoF - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/447
19:45:55 AGREEDgwolfOk, stays unofficial as submitted
19:46:10 Topic: Debichem - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/397
19:48:02 AGREEDgwolfDebichem is in
19:48:13 Topic: Debian Wiki - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/365
19:49:20 AGREEDgwolfThe Wiki stays in
19:51:46 Topic: Keynote from the Release Team: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/407
19:53:03 INFOHydroxidewiki and release team keynote were already approved as rated >= 50
19:53:42 Topic: The Death of Open Hardware: https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/439
19:56:51 AGREEDgwolfStays as unofficial
19:59:42 AGREEDgwolfStays as unofficial
19:59:45 AGREEDgwolfStays as unofficial
20:00:07 Topic: xcontrol - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/422
20:04:27 AGREEDgwolfxcontrol stays unofficial
20:04:39 Topic: Das U-Boot - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/451
20:05:40 AGREEDgwolflightning - move on
20:05:49 Topic: Debian Java Packaging https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/370
20:08:36 AGREEDgwolfStays official, but more information (and list of involved people?) should be requested from submitter.
20:10:11 Topic: Packing the data in and getting it back out - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/443
20:11:10 LINKenricohttp://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Trapi
20:11:35 AGREEDgwolfunofficial
20:12:11 AGREEDgwolfAsk to blars to please please reconsider clumping together his many proposals.
20:12:44 Topic: Openmoko Buzz Fix Party https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/376
20:13:38 AGREEDgwolfunofficial (but please have it)
20:14:22 Topic: Reproducible Research with R and Sweave - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/435
20:16:22 AGREEDgwolfUnofficial, we should suggest Don to make it more Debian-related. The talk looks very interesting for most people.
20:16:39 Topic: Component-based software - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/448
20:17:26 AGREEDgwolfunofficial
20:17:53 Topic: Openstreetmap - What, Why, and How - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/375
20:18:10 AGREEDgwolfunofficial
20:18:49 Topic: Openstreetmap BOF https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/440
20:18:52 AGREEDgwolfunofficial
20:20:14 Topic: Paper: towards more semantic web into Debian servers (UDD and likes) - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/386
20:22:30 AGREEDgwolfunofficial — Should approach submitter asking for further information, and suggesting the BoF format instead
20:23:01 Topic: BuildBot, Subversion, Trac - https://penta.debconf.org/penta/pentabarf/event/420
20:24:23 AGREEDgwolfunofficial
20:24:42 Topic: Congratulations, we are done. Any other business?
20:26:33 Topic: Spanish talks
20:34:05 Topic: other businesses...
20:36:46 HALPgwolf
Meeting ended at 20:37:04 UTC. (full logs)

Action Items

Action Items, by person
    1. (none)

People Present (lines said):
  1. gwolf (199)
  2. Hydroxide (117)
  3. enrico (117)
  4. bdale (114)
  5. an3as (92)
  6. Ganneff (24)
  7. GyrosGeier (6)
  8. schultmc (2)
  9. MrBeige (1)

Generated by MeetBot.