Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[20:04:12] <zer0mdq> ok, i can chair if no one else can/wants
[20:04:25] <zer0mdq> ups, too late
[20:04:28] <h01ger> zer0mdq, do you volunteer to write the summary? :-D
[20:04:37] <h01ger> #topic please indicate your presence
[20:04:43] * h01ger = holger levsen
[20:04:48] <zer0mdq> that i wont, since i have a RL meeting in about an hour
[20:04:51] * Hydroxide == jimmy kaplowitz
[20:04:59] * schultmc = Michael Schultheiss
[20:05:07] * zer0mdq == Sebastian Montini
[20:05:07] <angasule> == Matias D'Ambrosio
[20:05:10] * cek_ César Gómez
[20:05:12] * faw == Felipe Augusto van de Wiel
[20:05:12] <h01ger> zer0mdq, its fine if you do it tomorow - but the earlier the better
[20:05:32] <moray> moray is back (is this phase useful? every meeting before it just meant lots of random interrupting greetings later)
[20:06:01] * h01ger thinks its useful to see cek is here, eg
[20:06:02] <Clint> == Clint Adams
[20:06:17] <h01ger> #topic who writes summary?
[20:07:01] * zer0mdq volunteers to do the summary
[20:07:05] <h01ger> \o/
[20:07:11] <h01ger> #agreed zer0mdq will write summary
[20:07:20] <h01ger> #topic registration
[20:07:34] <h01ger> see please
[20:07:59] <h01ger> its now reworded to no promise hotels for professional attendees
[20:08:21] <h01ger> asks for 250/1000 EUR for professional/corporate attendees (as well as people registering after april 15th)
[20:08:23] <moray> == to avoid promising, not to promise they don't get them as such
[20:08:36] <Hydroxide> yeah
[20:08:43] <h01ger> has penta been updated for amounts in EUR instead of USD?
[20:08:50] * Maulkin == Neil McGovern
[20:08:59] <h01ger> can someone please check?
[20:09:17] <h01ger> besides this penta detail, i think we should send it out today, as this only leaves 5 weeks for registration anyway
[20:09:59] <h01ger> (there are also the rt tickets rt#911, rt#699, rt#244 open+related, maybe the penta admins can look at those too?)
[20:10:21] <schultmc> penta still doesn't know the dates of dc9 - putting july 30/31 comes up "outside of the conference dates"
[20:10:29] * schultmc assumes those rt tickets cover that
[20:10:35] <moray> penta has USD
[20:10:44] <moray> and also has 300 for later registrants
[20:11:03] <moray> which I think only happened last year when $250 was discovered to be too small
[20:11:56] <h01ger> sgran, mhy, Ganneff: could you maybe+please fix this today? 0:-)
[20:12:31] <h01ger> schultmc, the first one. #244 is more about the confusion there was last year and ways to avoid it
[20:13:11] <h01ger> do you agree the mail should be send like it as, once penta is fixed?
[20:13:19] <h01ger> s/as/is/
[20:14:01] <zer0mdq> +1
[20:14:13] <moray> h01ger: "on which this text was based on.
[20:14:27] <h01ger> moray, ?
[20:14:39] <moray> " doesn't work grammatically anyway, but really the about cacares bit isn't the most important for this message
[20:15:04] <sgran> h01ger: I think so. It always takes me a little while to remember how the penta db schema works, but I'll take a look :)
[20:15:11] <h01ger> moray, feel free to /msg proper grammar to me :)
[20:15:21] <h01ger> sgran, thank you very much!!
[20:15:32] <h01ger> so, agreed? (to send it once penta is fixed)
[20:15:51] <h01ger> and 250e is fine?
[20:16:02] <cek_> 300? is better, IMHO
[20:16:23] <cek_> we still have to wait for Nokia, etc.
[20:16:31] <h01ger> cek, you're not humble here. you're opinion is very important :)
[20:16:48] * h01ger is fine either way, but leans toward the safe side and thus 300
[20:17:03] <moray> us non-locals have no idea what amounts are right
[20:17:22] <moray> so yes, ?300 then
[20:17:26] * h01ger thinks no one will complain if we go down with the price later
[20:17:53] * cek_ agrees
[20:18:08] <h01ger> #agreed will send out the registration mail later (once penta is ready) - with 300/1000
[20:18:14] <h01ger> #topic call for papers
[20:18:22] <h01ger> please see
[20:18:44] <h01ger> imo its ready, once registration mail has been sent :)
[20:19:13] <moray> certainly both need to be sent out ASAP
[20:19:17] <h01ger> sgran, you might want to fix rt#564 some time.. ;-) (adding some more licences)
[20:19:23] <cek_> i think that the txt is fine
[20:19:24] <zer0mdq> is penta registration completly ready?
[20:19:33] <angasule> yes, specially if the deadline is April 15
[20:19:34] <moray> zer0mdq: see above, apparently not quite
[20:19:35] <h01ger> zer0mdq, dates are not as they should be
[20:19:35] <zer0mdq> the txt looks fine
[20:19:59] <h01ger> sgran, agreed dates are on :)
[20:20:20] * h01ger hopes to be able to send them today...
[20:20:24] <zer0mdq> so, same #agreed as for registration, once the penta is ready, send the mail, right?
[20:20:36] <sgran> I'm looking now
[20:20:42] * h01ger cheers
[20:20:56] <h01ger> #agreed as for registration, once the penta is ready, send the mail
[20:21:11] <h01ger> #topic local team updates - venue/accomodation status
[20:21:14] <moray> can someone from Cacares confirm that the "about" text in those messages *was* based on Wikipedia, rather than something else being the source of both?
[20:21:37] <cek_> moray, It was based on Wikipedia
[20:21:57] <h01ger> cek, any venue/accomodation updates?
[20:22:04] <h01ger> cek, please see /msg
[20:22:11] <h01ger> cek, please see /msg (later)
[20:22:18] <cek_> ok h01ger :)
[20:22:30] <cek_> we have DSL connections sponsored
[20:22:38] <cek_> by CENATIC
[20:22:45] <sgran> ok, so we currently have:
[20:22:47] <sgran> 3 | Corporate (1000 USD per week)
[20:22:50] <sgran> 2 | Professional (250 USD for Early Registrants)
[20:22:52] <sgran> 4 | Professional (300 USD per week)
[20:22:56] <sgran> so Corporate becomes 1000EU
[20:22:59] <cek_> but we need to know how many 8Mbits/1Mbits DSL connections we need
[20:23:09] <sgran> do both categories of Professional become 300EU
[20:23:11] <sgran> ?
[20:23:14] <h01ger> sgran, we dont have early registrants
[20:23:18] <sgran> ok
[20:23:27] <sgran> I'll remove that row, then
[20:23:34] <h01ger> late registrants have to become professionals (and dont get sponsorship anymore at all)
[20:23:39] <h01ger> sgran, ^
[20:23:50] <h01ger> cek, 8 down, 1 up?
[20:23:51] <sgran> hmm, ok
[20:24:04] <sgran> and that's 1mbit, so 128kB
[20:24:09] <moray> how much do we need up for video plus users?
[20:24:10] <h01ger> sgran, read :-D
[20:24:15] <sgran> we would like lots :)
[20:24:23] <cek_> h01ger, yes
[20:24:29] <sgran> how big are the streams, h01ger ?
[20:24:48] <h01ger> 300kibt, though i wished we could experiment with extra better quality onces
[20:24:58] <gwolf> buff... other meeting over. Starting over backlog :-/
[20:24:58] <sgran> 300kbit each?
[20:25:04] <h01ger> sgran, yes
[20:25:10] <moray> how much up did we have last year?
[20:25:13] <cek_> and we would also like to have a list of technical things we need to borrow
[20:25:17] <h01ger> and there was the idea of a slides only stream :)
[20:25:46] <cek_> i.e., cameras, switches, cables, etc.
[20:25:56] <moray> h01ger: and sound only
[20:25:58] <h01ger> #info we need to make a list of technical things to borrow (computers, switches, video beamers, etc)
[20:26:15] <h01ger> moray, thats cheap, but yeah. please remind me in 2 months again :)
[20:26:21] <h01ger> (or use rt.dc.o now)
[20:26:23] <angasule> zer0mdq: you have a list of the things used in DC8?
[20:26:29] <sgran> so, to have reasonable overhead, even with traffic shaping, we should have 2-3 mbit upstream
[20:26:30] * gwolf == Gunnar Wolf
[20:26:34] <zer0mdq> h01ger: and also a list of the things we already have and who is bringing what
[20:26:44] <h01ger> cek, so news on venues?
[20:26:45] <zer0mdq> angasule: is in the svn
[20:26:53] <h01ger> zer0mdq, where in svn?
[20:27:00] <moray> sgran: can we actually achieve that from bound 128k-ups?
[20:27:00] <zer0mdq> debconf-data
[20:27:02] <zer0mdq> dc8
[20:27:26] <sgran> moray: 128KB is 1mbit. So we need to trunk 3 or so lines
[20:27:31] <h01ger> zer0mdq, complete output of "svn info" please, so i can put into #info :)
[20:27:32] <sgran> it's not great, but it might work
[20:27:36] <angasule> cek_: how reliable are these 1Mbit up? I'm familiar with Telefonica :)
[20:27:37] <cek_> h01ger, the only news we have about venue and residences is that they are booked, but we still need to send the letter to Junta de Extremadura
[20:27:48] <zer0mdq> debconf-data/dc8/inventory
[20:27:55] <moray> sgran: so we should be asking for at least 4 then?
[20:27:56] <h01ger> cek, at least 3 lines, i'd say, 5 is better, 10 is good. actually "good", 1mbit up sux
[20:28:08] <cek_> angasule, we can try to hire DSLs with guaranteed upstream rate
[20:28:13] <sgran> I'd prefer !adsl, personally, but I'll live with what we can get
[20:28:17] <zer0mdq> i dunno if that is what you mean angasule
[20:28:26] <cek_> h01ger, so 5
[20:28:27] <h01ger> cek_, i'm working on the letter, thats what the messages are about... (which i sent to cek not cek_, mierda. resending)
[20:28:30] <moray> if it's not guaranteed, could we not just be contending with our other lines?
[20:28:36] <zer0mdq> the actual list of video stuff we used is on the wiki i think
[20:28:37] <cek_> h01ger, ok :P
[20:28:38] <moray> i.e. couldn't having N>1 be useless?
[20:28:48] <sgran> usually that's not how it works
[20:29:12] <gwolf> cek_: Are there any decent symmetrical providers in the area? Possibly we could hire a single (possibly more expensive) link and dedicate it to videoteaem
[20:29:35] <gwolf> s/eae/ea/
[20:29:37] <h01ger> gwolf, i'm actually surprised because usually the junta is the provider there...
[20:30:00] <gwolf> h01ger: But AFAICT most needs of the Junta centers are perfectly covered by asymmetrical links
[20:30:07] <gwolf> few users generate much content
[20:30:19] <cek_> gwolf, we can hire that, but do not know if we could get sponsorship for those
[20:30:45] <gwolf> cek_: Well, if we need guaranteed uplink for videoteam, we can think of paying the unsponsored link... h01ger?
[20:31:10] <h01ger> gwolf, they have symetric
[20:31:13] <cek_> gwolf, ok
[20:31:13] <h01ger> anyway..
[20:31:25] <h01ger> thats just network for the venue, not for the sleeping venue
[20:31:29] <h01ger> right?
[20:32:03] <cek_> as long as we can get those lines from Telefonica we can probably get sponsorhip from CENATIC
[20:32:23] * h01ger doesnt understand, can you explain please
[20:32:35] <h01ger> which lines from telefonica? for the sleep venues?
[20:33:16] <gwolf> cek_: Do you mean we can get sponsored lines from CENATIC at _every_ venue if we are OK with telefonica's?
[20:33:18] <moray> CENATIC is a Spanish government thing?
[20:33:40] <moray> (if so, what's their connection to the lines?)
[20:33:55] <cek_> gwolf, moray yes
[20:34:16] <cek_> CENATIC is in Extremadura
[20:34:20] <cek_>
[20:34:32] * h01ger still dont understand what gwolf said. if we are ok with one provider, we get stuff from the other??
[20:35:07] <moray> h01ger: CENATIC is a "resource centre" for open source, it seems, not a provider
[20:35:20] <h01ger> ah
[20:35:25] <h01ger> thx
[20:35:37] <cek_> moray, right but Telefonica is one of their "sponsors"
[20:35:51] <gwolf> h01ger: It was mostly a question, slightly directed at you - Rephrasing. cek_ says that we could get better, symmetrical links from another provider, but they would not be covered by the CENATIC agreement. I said that, if you (videoteam) need a dedicated, better-quality upstream link, it is acceptable to pay for it.
[20:35:52] <h01ger> cek, so please get suitable (=svg) logos from CENATIC so we can add them to our sponsors page :)
[20:36:03] <h01ger> gwolf, aaaaah
[20:36:05] <moray> cek_: I see
[20:36:29] <cek_> h01ger, ok, but we need the lines first :P
[20:36:32] <h01ger> cek, and thats for the monastry or also for the sleeping venues?
[20:36:48] <cek_> h01ger, both
[20:37:12] <h01ger> great. but then we need 5 lines at the monastry and probably one at each sleeping venue
[20:37:46] <cek_> h01ger, ok, we will tell them
[20:38:15] <h01ger> #info wants to sponsor several 8/1 asdl uplinks at the monastry and sleeping venues. we need to see if we need more uplink for video (and other uploads)
[20:38:35] <h01ger> cek, cool. please ask for the logo already, it will make them happy :) (at least i hope ;)
[20:38:45] <h01ger> next?
[20:39:17] <moray> unless there's any more news
[20:39:23] <cek_> h01ger, ok, we will
[20:39:27] <h01ger> cek, any other news?
[20:39:35] <cek_> no more news
[20:40:13] <h01ger> #topic sponsorpack / sponsorstatus
[20:40:28] <cek_> we have a meeting with the city hall next week
[20:40:29] <h01ger> several people (zobel, anto) have asked for the sponsorpack..
[20:40:38] <h01ger> we really need this now
[20:40:43] <h01ger> #info several people (zobel, anto) have asked for the sponsorpack..
[20:40:46] <h01ger> #info we really need this now
[20:41:35] <h01ger> Maulkin & valessio volunteered but unfortuantly no results yet. any new (or old ;) volunteers to get the job done _now_?
[20:41:37] <Maulkin> Apologies for the delay
[20:41:51] <h01ger> in 5 weeks we need to decide on how much money to give to whom...
[20:42:03] <h01ger> thats really not much time to find sponsors :(
[20:42:07] <Maulkin> I'm half way through, but due to a medical emergency at work today, I was unable to finish it off.
[20:42:28] <h01ger> Maulkin, can you share what you have?
[20:42:32] <sgran> h01ger:
[20:42:35] <sgran> -------------------------+------------------------------------------
[20:42:37] <sgran> 1 | Independent (Only for Early Registrants)
[20:42:40] <sgran> 5 | Non-Hosted Independent
[20:42:42] <sgran> 0 | --- please select one ---
[20:42:45] <sgran> 3 | Corporate (1000 EU per week)
[20:42:47] <sgran> 4 | Professional (300 EU per week)
[20:42:50] <sgran> seem ok?
[20:43:02] <moray> sgran: 'EU' should be 'EUR'
[20:43:06] <sgran> sure
[20:43:07] <Maulkin> Sure., it'snot much though
[20:43:18] <Maulkin> (it's mostly the same)
[20:43:22] <h01ger> Maulkin, best in svn
[20:43:25] <h01ger> Maulkin, doesnt matter
[20:43:25] <Maulkin> Needs a bit adding about levels
[20:43:29] <moray> Maulkin: what do we need different?
[20:43:31] <h01ger> release early, often...
[20:43:32] <sgran> done
[20:43:35] <Maulkin> And estimated costs for activities
[20:43:49] <h01ger> sgran, looks good, thanks a lot!
[20:43:56] <moray> I don't think anyone knows the estimated costs :/
[20:44:02] <sgran> COMMIT
[20:44:03] <moray> put whatever amounts we had for Edinburgh?
[20:44:10] <h01ger>
[20:44:16] <Maulkin> Can do
[20:44:24] <h01ger> sgran, did you already look into the dates too?
[20:44:29] <sgran> that's next
[20:44:33] <h01ger> :)
[20:44:47] <h01ger> Maulkin, please just commit now ;)
[20:44:53] <h01ger> anything else to say to sponsors?
[20:44:59] <Maulkin> Though it would be really useful to have these costs...
[20:45:18] <h01ger> Maulkin, that wiki page has guesses
[20:45:30] <h01ger> (the one from a minute ago)
[20:45:40] <moray> 21:44 < h01ger>
[20:46:25] <h01ger> #topic status logo
[20:46:54] * h01ger would like to find a volunteer who creates and collects the logo (which is done+decided) there for easy reference
[20:47:14] <h01ger> thats at least the only sensible thing i could make out of this topic ;)
[20:47:21] <moray> h01ger: it should really be on
[20:47:29] <moray> with proper source files
[20:47:37] <h01ger> agreed
[20:47:39] <moray> (will be wanted for e.g. t-shirt)
[20:48:05] <gwolf> BTW, including proper source, vector files for _every_ logo, not just for DC9's
[20:48:16] <Maulkin> Committed.
[20:48:18] <h01ger> gwolf, ?
[20:48:21] <h01ger> Maulkin, \o/
[20:48:33] <sgran> dates and prices adjusted. please double check
[20:48:33] <Maulkin> Well,committing
[20:48:51] <gwolf> h01ger: We want _every_ logo we have with vector files, so it can be properly printed
[20:48:57] <h01ger> #info someone should put the dc9 logo on
[20:49:09] <gwolf> not only DC9's - each of the sponsors'
[20:49:16] <h01ger> gwolf, offtopic/obvious but yeah ;)
[20:49:51] <gwolf> Somebody said "tshirts", and I remembered the frustration of Gaby dealing with some butt-ugly raster logos we had
[20:50:43] * h01ger nods. getting the sponsors logos in svn has become an establised process - while for the dc9 logo iirc we have decided on one, which is currently still in one svg file together with 7 others
[20:50:52] <h01ger> but whatever..
[20:51:03] <h01ger> #topic status website
[20:51:23] <h01ger> anything here?
[20:51:31] <zer0mdq> mmm is Tincho around?
[20:51:50] * h01ger wants to ask jabz to make a fitting theme for
[20:52:11] <moray> and for bonus points get the logo on penta
[20:52:22] <h01ger> :)
[20:52:33] <moray> for the website, it still lacks content
[20:52:38] <h01ger> he has also done a penta theme...
[20:52:43] <h01ger> moray, what content is missing?
[20:52:50] <moray> h01ger: well, there's not much there yet
[20:53:14] <moray> h01ger: but, all the stuff from previous years -- travel/visa/arrival/electricity/whatever stuff
[20:53:17] * h01ger can only thing of instructions how to get to debconf from MAD/SEVilla/LISboa
[20:53:59] <moray> h01ger: not much to discuss about it in the meeting though, anyway
[20:54:06] <h01ger> #info content for website missing: how to get there, visa, arrival, electrical info, gsm info, etc
[20:54:29] <cek_> h01ger,
[20:54:32] <h01ger> #info help appreciated - the list is just a start :-)
[20:54:44] <h01ger> #info
[20:54:54] <h01ger> #topic budget
[20:54:54] <FBI> debconf-data: 3 neilm committed revision 787 to debconf-data: Adding semi-finsihed sponsor pack
[20:54:54] <FBI> debconf-data: files changed: A dc9/sponsorpack.odt
[20:55:18] <Hydroxide> hi ... schultmc had to leave at 2037
[20:55:31] <h01ger> iirc Maulkin and Hydroxide where the budget people? and anto would review? is sqledger (or whatever the name was..) ready?
[20:55:45] <h01ger> Hydroxide, so schultmc not you? or you both?
[20:55:51] <h01ger> 3
[20:55:56] <h01ger> Maulkin, ^?
[20:56:02] <Hydroxide> he and I took a look at the budget.ods file from debconf8 to get a sense, but we don't have the sufficient numbers about costs for debconf9 to draft a suitable budget
[20:56:06] <sgran> h01ger: if sqledger worked last year, it's the same
[20:56:10] <sgran> we haven't broken it
[20:56:12] <Hydroxide> it was me and schultmc who volunteered
[20:56:25] <Hydroxide> according to Maulkin, dc7 used ledgersmb
[20:56:27] <Hydroxide> I'm not sure about dc8
[20:56:29] <h01ger> sgran, :) \o/
[20:56:51] <sgran> ledgersmb is sqledger - one is a fork of the other, although I don't remember which way around it is
[20:56:53] <h01ger> zer0mdq, do you know about dc8? marga and tincho are not here, but iirc i've always seen oo-documents..
[20:57:02] <Hydroxide> it would be nice to see a past budget for debconf from in advance of the conference, instead of a report from after the end
[20:57:09] <Hydroxide> and also talk with someone about how they estimated it
[20:57:17] <Hydroxide> then I could send emails to cek_ to figure out the dc9 numbers
[20:57:24] <h01ger> but anyway, if ledger worked dc7 and oo.o worked dc8, the people doing the budget can decide on the tool...
[20:57:31] <Hydroxide> yeah
[20:57:43] <Maulkin> dc7 was ledgersmb
[20:57:48] <h01ger> Hydroxide, ask marga and tincho for the dc8 budget. but its in svn..
[20:58:02] <h01ger> Hydroxide, do you have debconf-team access on alioth? schultmc ?
[20:58:13] <sgran> IIRC I just approved access
[20:58:17] <h01ger> \o/
[20:58:22] <Maulkin> But we had a company, so had to have proper accounts
[20:58:29] <Hydroxide> thanks :) I hadn't submitted anything yet
[20:58:32] <Hydroxide> as far as a request
[20:58:35] <sgran> for at least shultmc, don't remember if Hydroxide applied for access
[20:58:38] <Hydroxide> Maulkin: it would be good to look at that
[20:58:41] <sgran> so no :)
[20:58:45] <Hydroxide> sgran: let me do that now :)
[20:58:49] <moray> where is money going to pass through locally this time?
[20:58:50] <h01ger> Hydroxide, your proposal of what to do sounded good, btw. so next? ;)
[20:58:56] <sgran> ok, ping when it's done and I'll approve it
[20:58:59] <Hydroxide> h01ger: sure
[20:59:13] <h01ger> moray, maybe ffis e.V. in germany? or hispalinux i assume
[20:59:14] <Hydroxide> Maulkin: for dc10 we'll be using SPI as the local org, as an entirely unsurprising side note
[20:59:17] <Maulkin> Hydroxide: you already have it?
[20:59:31] <zer0mdq> h01ger: romanella and Tincho were the ones in charge of budget
[20:59:37] <h01ger> right
[20:59:40] <zer0mdq> there were some .ods files
[20:59:43] <zer0mdq> on the svn
[20:59:44] <Maulkin> If not, request it and I'llack it
[20:59:48] <Hydroxide> Maulkin: ok
[20:59:51] <zer0mdq> but i don't have access to those
[21:00:00] <Hydroxide> zer0mdq: I can talk with Tincho, he's here enough :)
[21:00:15] <h01ger> anything left about budget?
[21:00:18] <h01ger> (for dc9)
[21:00:19] <zer0mdq> Hydroxide: great
[21:00:25] <h01ger> right. ffis or hispalinux
[21:00:55] <Hydroxide> h01ger: ffis or hispalinux == what?
[21:00:56] <h01ger> #info we need a local association to deal with money. hispalinux (in spain)? ffis e.V. (in germany)?
[21:00:58] <Hydroxide> h01ger: the local org?
[21:01:00] <h01ger> yes
[21:01:02] <Hydroxide> ah, gotcha
[21:01:07] <h01ger> hispalinux is the spanish linux association
[21:01:31] <h01ger> not sure if they are tax deductable
[21:01:34] <Hydroxide> Maulkin: do you remember the SPI talk about Debian-ES? what ended up happening with that?
[21:01:41] <cek_> what about Debian-es?
[21:01:51] <cek_> it is a Debian association
[21:01:55] <cek_> in Spain
[21:02:03] <h01ger> cek, do they exist _formally_?
[21:02:09] <cek_> h01ger, yes
[21:02:10] <gwolf> AFAIK they do
[21:02:16] <Hydroxide> cek_: their website redirects to a bad google search
[21:02:21] <Hydroxide> (bad == no documents returned)
[21:02:28] <Hydroxide> (but two pages, somehow?!)
[21:02:29] <Maulkin> Hydroxide: Debian trademark in spain?
[21:02:39] <Hydroxide> Maulkin: I thought there was discussion about an association too
[21:02:39] * h01ger will ask dato about this (or track down some other spanish person)
[21:02:40] <cek_>
[21:02:53] <Maulkin> Hydroxide: none that Ican remember
[21:03:00] <cek_> sorry it is not that URL
[21:03:02] <Hydroxide> oh right, this was related to the trademark dispute, which is why the domain is so messed up
[21:03:10] <Maulkin> r
[21:03:11] <cek_> but yes, it does exist
[21:03:27] <cek_> Jfs is the president
[21:03:29] <gwolf> You can ask jfs for further details
[21:03:31] <gwolf> yup
[21:03:32] <h01ger> #topic RFH
[21:03:36] <h01ger> request for help
[21:03:38] <Hydroxide> ok
[21:03:54] <gwolf> it's called Asociación Debian España
[21:03:58] * Maulkin runs around screaming HELP
[21:03:58] <gwolf>
[21:04:24] <Hydroxide> gwolf: wow, that's confusing. [and probably trademark-infringing :P]
[21:04:26] <h01ger> zobel suggested to ask the dpl for help ("this team seriously lacks people power") as we were+are behind in several areads..
[21:04:27] <moray> "4 months and 7 days until DebConf 9!"
[21:04:45] <sgran> Maulkin: scream all you want. No one can hear you here
[21:04:50] <gwolf> heh
[21:04:54] * h01ger asks people to stay on topic (RFH), the meeting will be over soon anyway
[21:05:06] <h01ger> do you think we should post to d-d-a?
[21:05:30] <gwolf> Has that helped historically?
[21:05:33] <h01ger> i assume people think the debconf organizers are doing fine as usual, while i have a bit the impression we are not. at least not for dc9 ;)
[21:05:40] <gwolf> I think the plea for help is mostly for _local_ people...
[21:05:42] <Hydroxide> might get people worried (though not inappropriately)
[21:05:43] <zer0mdq> h01ger: is ther a list of topics that needs help? (apart from Maulkin )
[21:05:53] <h01ger> Hydroxide, so cool!
[21:05:59] <h01ger> ;)
[21:06:03] <angasule> I was wondering if they need spanish speakers who are *not* local? :)
[21:06:05] <moray> zer0mdq: sponsorship is the most urgent thing
[21:06:07] <Hydroxide> hehe
[21:06:13] <h01ger> zer0mdq, the meeting summary you'll write ;-P
[21:06:13] <gwolf> moray: right.
[21:06:15] <cek_> moray, right :)
[21:06:18] <Maulkin> Could someone expand on 'RFH'?
[21:06:24] <h01ger> request for help
[21:06:25] * zer0mdq sighs
[21:06:40] <moray> zer0mdq: but pretty much anything from needs people
[21:06:42] <Hydroxide> sgran: I just submitted the request for debconf-team access.
[21:06:45] * h01ger thinks in many areas non locals can help (locals)
[21:06:53] <Maulkin> I'm aware of the acronym.
[21:06:55] <moray> yes, for most things anyone
[21:06:59] <h01ger> #info pretty much anything from needs people
[21:07:05] <moray> and for some things anyone who speaks Spanish
[21:07:19] <moray> e.g. you don't need to be local to find visa/travel info, just Spanish-speaking would help
[21:07:26] <Maulkin> Thanks.
[21:07:27] <h01ger> Maulkin, i assume people think the debconf organizers are doing fine as usual, while i have a bit the impression we are not. at least not for dc9 ;)
[21:07:43] * cek_ has to leave
[21:07:49] <h01ger> cek, un secundo
[21:07:57] <h01ger> cek, next meeting, when?
[21:07:57] <cek_> h01ger, ok :)
[21:08:05] <cek_> next Monday?
[21:08:17] <h01ger> ui
[21:08:18] <angasule> cek_: anto will be here as well?
[21:08:26] <sgran> Hydroxide: you'll also want to submit a request for debconf-data
[21:08:28] <moray> cek_: when is your physical meeting?
[21:08:31] <h01ger> dont you think atm every two weeks is fine?
[21:08:34] <sgran> (and no, I don't know why they're seperate
[21:08:34] <cek_> anto is sitting here by my side
[21:08:34] <moray> iwth the govt/whoever?
[21:08:48] <cek_> 23rd March?
[21:08:58] <moray> oh, I thought you said next week
[21:09:08] <moray> oh, now you mean for next meeting?
[21:09:12] <cek_> moray, next week hopefully we will meet with someone from the city hall
[21:09:17] <h01ger> same time? cek, suggest a date which you think is best, please
[21:09:26] <h01ger> in 7 or 14 days?
[21:09:35] <cek_> 23rd March 21 CET
[21:09:40] <cek_> 14 days
[21:09:57] <h01ger> gracias! please tell anto as well :)
[21:10:05] <gwolf> 14 days+1 hour then
[21:10:06] <Hydroxide> sgran: no, I already have debconf-data access
[21:10:08] <gwolf> so, 21 CETE?
[21:10:08] <cek_> anto is here reading :)
[21:10:12] <sgran> ok, good enough, then
[21:10:14] <h01ger> gwolf, no, he said 20 UTC / 21 CET
[21:10:18] <gwolf> OH
[21:10:23] * h01ger waves to anto :)
[21:10:25] <gwolf> grah /me grumbles at timezones
[21:10:30] <sgran> h01ger: do you need any other penta changes before you send the mails?
[21:10:44] <h01ger> sgran, iirc thats all. (300 EUR and fixed dates)
[21:10:47] <cek_> anto waves to h01ger :P
[21:10:52] <h01ger> sgran, those tickets would be nice to have
[21:10:59] <sgran> those tickets?
[21:11:10] <h01ger> #agreed next meeting: march 23rd, 20 utc
[21:11:13] <h01ger> sgran, rt#911, rt#699, rt#244
[21:11:18] <h01ger> sgran, rt#564
[21:11:35] <h01ger> so what do you think about a RFH to d-d-a?
[21:12:21] <moray> h01ger: I'm not sure if it would help unless it was very specific
[21:12:44] <moray> else people will just ignore it and/or think debconf-orga is falling apart
[21:12:48] * h01ger adds visa stuff to next meetings agenda..
[21:12:51] * cek_ leaves anto alone
[21:13:01] <Hydroxide> moray: which it's really not in the long run - we're just way behind for this year
[21:13:05] <moray> yes
[21:13:10] <cek_> I am late, see you soon!!!
[21:13:15] <moray> we could ask people to move to Cacares to help ;)
[21:13:19] <Hydroxide> haha :)
[21:13:19] <moray> that would be the most useful thing...
[21:13:59] <moray> actually, if we're sending out the registration info v. soon, we could at least spam all the people who register early about helping
[21:14:05] <h01ger> guess it boils down to that someone would need to write it...
[21:14:06] <sgran> 564 I'm not going to make a decision about unilaterally. 911 is a correct response to someone putting dates outside the conference range (at first glance), 699 roughly more of the same (the system is not designed to care about dates outside of the conference span), 244 is asking for stricter date validation rather than looser
[21:14:23] <sgran> so, you can't please everyone, and none of those are likely to be dealt with tonight
[21:14:40] <h01ger> sgran, thanks "anyway"!(!) :)
[21:15:11] * angasule would love to move there early :)
[21:15:21] <gwolf> sgran: IIRC 911 was mine
[21:15:26] * h01ger will look into adding a small blurb for helping to registration.txt
[21:15:36] <h01ger> thank you all for attending!
[21:15:36] <gwolf> it is a couple of weeks old though, but I _did_ try to register with DC9 dates.
[21:15:40] <sgran> gwolf: yes, I think it is
[21:15:42] <h01ger> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at