Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[20:00:14] <MrBeige> marga: agreed
[20:00:22] <cek> hi all
[20:00:25] <MrBeige> cek: hi
[20:00:31] <MrBeige> #topic purpose of this meeting
[20:00:35] <Hydroxide> cek: we're just starting right now. great to see you
[20:00:39] <cek> ;)
[20:00:54] <MrBeige> so, thus far we've talked a lot about what needs to be done, but not much about who does it
[20:01:07] <cek> ups :(
[20:01:09] <Ganneff> and you want names to poke people
[20:01:10] <MrBeige> and this causes it to seem like we are far behind
[20:01:43] <MrBeige> #info so our goal here is to establish who is in charge of each item, so that we can know who to poke, and who to ask when people have questions
[20:01:50] <MrBeige> (e.g., mailing list questions)
[20:02:02] <moray> (hi)
[20:02:24] <MrBeige> I think that's all there...
[20:02:31] <h01ger> and know which roles need people
[20:02:33] <MrBeige> here are two reference pages:
[20:02:42] <MrBeige>
[20:02:49] <marga> Also, there's a feeling that "someone else will do it", and for many things, there's nobody else doing it. So, we need to agree on who does what.
[20:02:50] <MrBeige>
[20:03:04] <MrBeige> #info Also, there's a feeling that "someone else will do it", and for many things, there's nobody else doing it. So, we need to agree on who does what.
[20:03:18] <MrBeige> our main goal today is the "Teams" page
[20:03:31] <MrBeige> once we have teams, we know who to ask about the stuff on the ToDo page at the meeting next week
[20:03:35] <MrBeige> let's continue
[20:03:48] <MrBeige> #topic say hi so we know who to volunteer....
[20:03:49] <MrBeige> hi
[20:03:52] <schultmc> hi
[20:03:55] <blarson> hi
[20:03:58] <Sledge> hi
[20:03:58] <Hydroxide> hi
[20:04:07] <urbec> hi
[20:04:07] <Ganneff> brrr
[20:04:09] <cek> hi
[20:04:11] <zer0mdq> hi
[20:04:16] <moray> evening
[20:04:19] <marga> he
[20:04:35] <MrBeige> #topic global coordination and admin
[20:04:38] <h01ger> hi
[20:04:47] <Ganneff> and admin?
[20:04:49] <MrBeige> #info marga and I have volunteered as prodders
[20:04:57] <angasule> hi
[20:04:59] <sgran> hi, by the way
[20:05:13] <mhy> hi
[20:05:16] <MrBeige> we are also taking over the "monitor everything and be sure stuff gets done"
[20:05:23] <marga> ok.
[20:05:25] <Ganneff> great
[20:05:30] <sgran> good
[20:05:31] <MrBeige> anyone else want to work on "global coordination", or is that good ?
[20:05:33] * Hydroxide notes that someone else will have to be involved in that on-site
[20:05:35] <moray> MrBeige: as I said before I can help with this too, as I tend to think about what needs done vs. previous years etc. anyway
[20:05:37] <Hydroxide> (since neither of you is attending DC9)
[20:05:48] <Hydroxide> moray: want to handle the part of that which can't be done remotely?
[20:05:57] <moray> I won't be at DebCamp either I think :(
[20:05:58] <MrBeige> #info moray also involved in global coordination -- DC7 experience
[20:06:01] <h01ger> MrBeige will not attend dc9?
[20:06:10] <MrBeige> I can't be at DC9
[20:06:17] <h01ger> :(
[20:06:24] <MrBeige> but I expect most of this global admin work will be done before then
[20:06:35] <Hydroxide> h01ger: unfortunately it conflicts with teaching chemistry to disabled people... but schultmc and I will both be there, so we will have at least two DC10 people
[20:06:40] <h01ger> depends how you define global ;)
[20:06:42] <Hydroxide> s/disabled/disadvantaged/
[20:06:43] <marga> I find myself much more motivated to work on DC9, now that I've decided for sure that I'm not going.
[20:06:46] <Hydroxide> s/people/kids/
[20:06:50] <MrBeige> anyway, we have Ganneff mhy and sgran as the global network services admins
[20:06:51] <h01ger> marga, heh
[20:07:02] <MrBeige> Hydroxide: disadvantaged backgrounds, not disabled
[20:07:06] <Ganneff> ay
[20:07:13] <MrBeige> Ganneff, mhy, sgran, all well here ?
[20:07:13] <h01ger> are those three confirmed by them?
[20:07:29] <Hydroxide> MrBeige: I already corrected via sed-expressions
[20:07:32] <mhy> chances are that I won't make it this year
[20:07:45] <Ganneff> mhy: bad mhy!
[20:07:46] <MrBeige> I've noticed that, being short on personpower, delays in admin requests are more noticable
[20:07:57] <MrBeige> but that seems to be being resolved ?
[20:08:05] <Hydroxide> well, on that note
[20:08:08] <MrBeige> Ganneff: the best times to ping for admin requests is evening/weekends ?
[20:08:13] <Ganneff> yes sir
[20:08:16] <mhy> although I'm going to look into coming for part of the conference (probably debcamp and the start of debconf)
[20:08:29] <mhy> but maybe not at all, depending - I'll know for better within about 2 weeks
[20:08:29] <MrBeige> Ganneff: should you continue to be the primary admin contact on irc ?
[20:08:32] <moray> I'm guilty of just pinging Ganneff too, as h01ger reminds us we shouldn't always just try him first
[20:08:32] * h01ger aims to do more admin stuff this year, but *during* dc9 i will concentrate on video at first prio
[20:08:37] <Hydroxide> we do need to plan ahead for DC10 - if none of Ganneff/mhy/sgran will come to the US for DC10, someone should join them and get experience doing DC9 admin work to be ready for DC10
[20:08:38] <mhy> MrBeige: much better to ping all of us
[20:08:44] <Hydroxide> (someone who will be attending both conferences, I mean)
[20:08:49] <Ganneff> MrBeige: well. ping all. and join or channel. or use our admins@ address
[20:09:02] <marga> h01ger: so, you are in admin team, too?
[20:09:04] <Hydroxide> I hope some of Ganneff/mhy/sgran will come, but that's up to them. (sgran at least shouldn't have any border troubles)
[20:09:12] <MrBeige> #agreed for admin tasks, ping Ganneff mhy sgran, use admin@, or join their channel .... h01ger may help some too
[20:09:13] <h01ger> marga, yes
[20:09:14] <Ganneff> MrBeige: but ping on irc for status is fine.
[20:09:18] <marga> h01ger: great
[20:09:33] <MrBeige> #topic local coordination
[20:09:34] <Ganneff> h01ger has admin rights but usually is more involved with video :)
[20:09:44] <MrBeige> cek: hello
[20:09:48] <cek> hi all
[20:09:58] <cek> anto and me will do the local coordination
[20:10:05] <Hydroxide> MrBeige: wait ... nobody answered my comment...
[20:10:20] <MrBeige> #info cek/anto are primary local contacts, of course
[20:10:27] <moray> Hydroxide: about getting 'new blood' for admin stuff?
[20:10:36] <MrBeige> Hydroxide: we can discuss that afterwards
[20:10:37] <Hydroxide> moray: yes. we can skip it if at least one of Ganneff/mhy/sgran/h01ger will help out the DC10 on-site admins get up to speed and/or be part of that team
[20:10:40] <Hydroxide> MrBeige: ok then
[20:10:43] <Ganneff> cek: could both of you use more irssi+screen please (you havent forgotten your one login for that? want a bouncer instead for your xchat to connect to?) :)
[20:10:45] <marga> Yeah, ok, but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done locally, we need to add more manpower there.
[20:10:59] <Hydroxide> moray: I'm OK with discussing it afterward
[20:11:07] <MrBeige> #action (to discuss - a DC10-attendee on admin team)
[20:11:10] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: we can take one of you dc10 bid people in the local admin team during dc9.
[20:11:14] <marga> cek: is there anybody else that could join you for local stuff? There really is a lot of stuff that needs to be done.
[20:11:15] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: ok, that works.
[20:11:16] <Ganneff> or two. or so.
[20:11:20] <cek> Ganneff, thats hard nowadays, I can only be connected sometimes cause I am moving :(
[20:11:22] * Hydroxide nods
[20:11:22] <MrBeige> ok, back to local stuff
[20:11:27] <moray> marga: I think we could do with some other Spanish person/people to do local issues beyond the venue etc.
[20:11:34] <Ganneff> cek: irssi+screen gives you backlog :)
[20:11:43] <MrBeige> we need to be able to absorb more local volunteers, especially as it gets closer to time
[20:11:44] <h01ger> btw, hector oron told me he wanted to help from spain, also with accessibility issues and he has (and will bring) a car
[20:11:45] <cek> marga, we have people on the local team, but will not be able to be 24/7 connected
[20:11:52] <marga> moray: there's LOT of pending stuff regarding the venue.
[20:11:52] <cek> Ganneff, I know :P
[20:11:52] <MrBeige> (and more volunteers now would also be good, too)
[20:11:55] <h01ger> we dont have accessibility on the agenda again, we evil people ;)
[20:11:58] <marga> cek: who?
[20:12:04] * h01ger adds it
[20:12:10] <marga> cek: can we somehow get in contact with them?
[20:12:15] <cek> sure
[20:12:16] <Ganneff> cek: *anyone* from your local team can get a shell login for screen+irssi or even a bouncer, if they want to
[20:12:21] <Ganneff> cek: just get them in contact with us
[20:12:23] <cek>
[20:12:30] <cek>
[20:12:33] <moray> marga: right, I'm not sure adding more people into the venue stuff itself will clarify things though, you really need one contact or things get confused
[20:12:40] <MrBeige> cek: can some of them get on irc ?
[20:12:40] <cek>
[20:12:56] <cek> MrBeige, thats hard, but I will try
[20:12:57] <Ganneff> we do have a shell host installed especially for this case and debconf!
[20:13:00] <MrBeige> maybe we could even make a #debconf-localteam channel ifthey want less volume
[20:13:03] <marga> moray: there's a lot of stuff that is just "Get info about XX", that doesn't need to be one person.
[20:13:13] <moray> marga: sure
[20:13:13] <Ganneff> cek: do they use gpg?
[20:13:14] <marga> cek: can I mail them about the local stuff that needs to get done?
[20:13:47] <moray> marga: maybe we can discuss some of this on the -localteam mailing list, and forcefully add those people to it? ;)
[20:13:54] <MrBeige> #action we need to work on coordination with local team -- contact some of cek's people
[20:14:09] <MrBeige> #info more local people on irc would be good
[20:14:11] <marga> cek: could we add this people to a local team mailing list, to discuss pending local issues?
[20:14:31] <moray> (there is a list already, just not used much)
[20:14:32] <cek> Ganneff, yes, sometimes
[20:14:32] <Ganneff> #info if local people do need help to get to/stay connected to irc - talk to the admins! we have all ways of doing stuff
[20:14:35] <cek> marga, yes
[20:14:36] <h01ger> cek, are those people reading -localteam@l.d.o?
[20:14:40] <marga> cek: ok, great.
[20:14:42] <cek> sure marga
[20:14:44] <MrBeige> #action add cek's contacts to localteam mailing list, use that to coordinate
[20:14:48] <MrBeige> ok, good
[20:14:51] <MrBeige> I think we've got a plan here
[20:14:51] <Ganneff> cek: so we could get them accounts and get them using a bouncer?
[20:15:02] <cek> h01ger, they read but in our computers :)
[20:15:04] <moray> Ganneff: would be nice, but let's try mail for now
[20:15:08] <Ganneff> cek: noone needs to stay connected forever, as long as they read backlog :)
[20:15:13] <h01ger> cek, lol
[20:15:17] <MrBeige> we can work on this later
[20:15:22] <h01ger> cek, shouldnt they be subscribed?
[20:15:30] <Ganneff> oh well, you know where i am if needed...
[20:15:36] <cek> yes, I don't know why they are not subscribed
[20:15:40] <cek> I will ping them again
[20:15:47] <MrBeige> (postpone mailing list sign-up for later)
[20:15:51] <MrBeige> #topic budget team
[20:15:51] <Ganneff> may i forcefully subscribe them? :)
[20:15:52] <marga> We'll subscribe them to -localteam and coordinate (in Spanish) what needs to be done locally.
[20:16:01] <moray> yup
[20:16:05] <h01ger> Ganneff, i'm tempted to say yes
[20:16:06] <marga> Ganneff: he already agreed, do it.
[20:16:07] <MrBeige> so right now we have Hydroxide schultmc (and sort of MrBeige ) on hte budget team
[20:16:10] <Ganneff> great.
[20:16:11] <cek> ok, great
[20:16:13] <h01ger> *g*
[20:16:18] <MrBeige> #info Hydroxide schultmc (and sort of MrBeige ) on hte budget team
[20:16:28] <marga> I think that's enough people.
[20:16:33] <Hydroxide> #info h01ger is authoritative financial contact from the ffis e.v. perspective
[20:16:37] <h01ger> anto offered review from a spanish POV
[20:16:38] <Hydroxide> (as per pre-meeting)
[20:16:47] <marga> But you'll have to find a minion to find out about prices in Extremadura.
[20:16:50] <Ganneff> huh, holger?
[20:16:54] <MrBeige> h01ger: did you say something about needing someone to be the transactional-manager person for making teh payments ?
[20:16:57] <h01ger> Sledge too and i told them we might want to change that
[20:17:10] <moray> do the budget people plan to organise the actual money side too, as well as planning?
[20:17:11] <Ganneff> shouldnt we just make it similar to the arrangement with spi?
[20:17:17] <h01ger> they want to receive "orders" from 1-2 persons, not 10
[20:17:20] <Ganneff> which are 3 people, maulkin, sledge, me?
[20:17:32] <h01ger> Ganneff, i think it should be the people working on money stuff for dc9
[20:17:47] <h01ger> so Hydroxide and MrBeige are budget, so..
[20:17:58] <Ganneff> h01ger: it makes no difference. its not putting it together, its just saying "yes, that should be done". or was, in the past
[20:18:00] <cek> yes, I think that it is best to have anto and me giving orders to them
[20:18:15] <cek> insteadh of receiving orders from a mailing list, it is easy for them
[20:18:23] <h01ger> Ganneff, yes, but those should be involved in budget
[20:18:26] <cek> they don't know you, but we do
[20:18:41] <MrBeige> so do Hydroxide MrBeige schultmc manage the budget, and when something needs to be paid, h01ger is pinged, h01ger tells FFIS to send it, and h01ger records the transaction (or tells us to record it) ?
[20:18:42] <Ganneff> h01ger: not really
[20:19:03] <Ganneff> MrBeige: no, there we have a spof
[20:19:03] <h01ger> and not approve 3000e just because i asked for cameras and they think its sensible while the budget doesnt have it... (as an example, and i dont think you are plain stupid)
[20:19:21] <Hydroxide> we could do two people instead of just h01ger
[20:19:30] <Hydroxide> it could be either me or schultmc + h01ger
[20:19:31] <Ganneff> we could just do the three we have for spi.
[20:19:33] <MrBeige> Ganneff: "spof" ?
[20:19:37] <Ganneff> and only the budget people tell them wat to be requested
[20:19:38] <Hydroxide> MrBeige: single point of failure)
[20:19:39] <Ganneff> done
[20:19:42] <MrBeige> ah
[20:19:55] <MrBeige> well, then more peolpe besides just h01ger there
[20:20:00] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: maulkin isn't involved in debconf9 planning at all, so that doesn't make sense. me or schultmc (or both) plus h01ger makes sense.
[20:20:04] <Ganneff> if you want to change those 3 - fine. but please dont have extra people per organization
[20:20:10] <Ganneff> gets too much info
[20:20:14] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: oh ... I see what you mean.
[20:20:26] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: we can change maulkin. sledge. or me. but keep it *one* set of people
[20:20:27] <h01ger> "but please dont have extra people per organization" - i dont get that fully
[20:20:31] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: well the relationship between debconf9 and ffis is separate from the relationship between spi and ffis, right?
[20:20:33] <MrBeige> Ganneff: what is your proposal for workflow again ?
[20:20:37] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: so it's not the same organization
[20:20:42] <h01ger> Hydroxide, yes
[20:20:45] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: this is debconf <-> spi and debconf <-> ffis
[20:20:49] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: so it is the same
[20:21:05] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: debconf <-> spi is easy since I'm SPI secretary and schultmc is SPI treasurer :)
[20:21:13] <Ganneff> so again: make it 3 people (past: maulkin, me, sledge) talk to spi *and* ffis for money
[20:21:18] <h01ger> Ganneff, huh? you used to be the one saying debconf!=debian?! ;)
[20:21:27] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: no matter, for debconf money you need the leader approval. we 3 are delegated to not need it
[20:21:35] <h01ger> ah
[20:21:55] <h01ger> once its at ffis on the debconf9 account, its not debian money anymore..
[20:21:55] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: I think debconf is effectively a separate project for this purpose, but Sledge, do you want to weigh in? :)
[20:21:58] <Ganneff> all funds clearly marked for debconf can be taken from one of us three without needing extra approval from elsewhere
[20:22:20] <MrBeige> so what about this propsal: Hydroxide schultmc h01ger are the interfaces to SPI and ffis, when people need money, talk to one of them
[20:22:30] <h01ger> Ganneff, are you, Maulkin & sledge the debconf delegates here or which roles are you refering too?
[20:22:50] <Ganneff> h01ger: we 3 are the ones delegated to take out money from spi in debconf name. yes.
[20:23:03] <MrBeige> Ganneff: ah, ok
[20:23:07] <moray> is Maulkin active on DebConf stuff for now?
[20:23:09] <Hydroxide> Sledge: any thoughts?
[20:23:14] <Hydroxide> moray: don't think so, no
[20:23:15] <Ganneff> and im fine with changing that to other people (or to continue helping). just make it the same 3 people for both spi and ffis
[20:23:18] * h01ger absolutly doesnt insist nor really want to be the interface. i rather want it to be the same people doing money stuff for dc9. currently i see only sledge there from the names Ganneff suggested
[20:23:26] <Sledge> sec...
[20:23:26] <moray> so maybe change Maulkin to h01ger for dc9?
[20:23:35] <MrBeige> I like moray's proposal
[20:23:39] <moray> (as h01ger is volunteering to work on this)
[20:23:43] * Hydroxide proposes Hydroxide / schultmc / Sledge if h01ger doesn't want to be involved
[20:23:47] <sgran> I think Ganneff's suggestion that the same 3 people talk to ffis and spi makes sense
[20:23:51] <moray> sgran: yes
[20:23:53] <Sledge> I think moray has a good plan if h01ger wants to be in
[20:24:05] <Sledge> Maulkin doesn't have the time to really be involved now
[20:24:08] <moray> yeah
[20:24:12] <moray> that was my impression
[20:24:13] <h01ger> Sledge, oh well. lets share this role? you as my backup? i talk to them anyway..
[20:24:20] * Hydroxide is very confused
[20:24:31] <h01ger> bah, okay, i'll do it, without sledge too ;) (or shared whatever)
[20:24:37] <Ganneff> the dpl should state that public again then, but that is easy meat. and i volunteer to help with it as i did in the past. i dont care.
[20:24:42] <moray> Hydroxide: you always are :p
[20:24:43] <Ganneff> as long as both ways are the same :)
[20:24:46] <Hydroxide> moray: no...
[20:24:56] <MrBeige> the current proposal is: three people, who interface with both SPI and ffis. These three peolpe are h01ger Ganneff Sledge ?
[20:25:03] <Ganneff> yes.
[20:25:04] <MrBeige> everyone, connect my proposal
[20:25:08] <Sledge> yes
[20:25:13] <MrBeige> ok
[20:25:13] <h01ger> yes
[20:25:16] <Hydroxide> wait
[20:25:21] <sgran> yes, good
[20:25:27] <MrBeige> however, Hydroxide and schultmc are both already authorized SPI withdrawers
[20:25:34] <MrBeige> we are passing over that for now ?
[20:25:36] <h01ger> Hydroxide & MrBeige cant be interface to spi because they are spi?
[20:25:41] <Ganneff> they cant take debian/debconf money
[20:25:51] <Ganneff> without approval from dpl.
[20:25:51] <MrBeige> Ganneff: why not ?
[20:25:53] <MrBeige> ah
[20:25:54] <moray> MrBeige: that's SPI internal
[20:25:58] <MrBeige> ok
[20:26:00] <Ganneff> because that money is project bound
[20:26:06] <MrBeige> ok
[20:26:08] <marga> Can we just agree and move on, please?
[20:26:08] <moray> for DebConf, we treat SPI as a black box :)
[20:26:13] <Ganneff> and the 3 of us do have a general "yes"
[20:26:15] <MrBeige> ok, fair enough
[20:26:18] <Hydroxide> I think it'd be simpler for one or both of the budget team members to be on there... but if people want to add bureaucracy, I'm OK with that
[20:26:39] * h01ger nods Hydroxide and marga ;)
[20:26:49] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: it would give you a second pair of eyes looking at it, but if h01ger and Sledge are ok with one of you added, im fine too. would even leave my chair if it should be only 3
[20:26:53] <MrBeige> #agreed three people, who interface with both SPI and ffis. These three peolpe are h01ger Ganneff Sledge. They are the ones that initiate transactions
[20:27:10] <MrBeige> #info budget-management work is still Hydroxide schultmc MrBeige
[20:27:17] <MrBeige> #topic venue
[20:27:20] <MrBeige> so, on to the venue
[20:27:36] <h01ger> might even work out nicely. think review. might also become horror of delays..
[20:27:40] <h01ger> (but lets move)
[20:27:47] <Ganneff> h01ger: we are three. that should work.
[20:27:48] <h01ger> anto, cek and ?
[20:27:52] <MrBeige> who will be in change of being sure the venue is equiped well ?
[20:27:57] <cek> carmen
[20:28:06] <MrBeige> anto and cek are logical choices, but they should also have additional help
[20:28:21] <cek> anto, carmen, paco, jesus and cek
[20:28:23] <MrBeige> (like, anto cek are local coordinators, and there is someone ni change of the venue specifically)
[20:28:29] * h01ger will look at this from video team perspective too, but...
[20:28:44] <MrBeige> are carmen paco and jesus from the Junta ?
[20:28:56] <cek> yes
[20:29:07] <MrBeige> ok
[20:29:15] <Ganneff> jftr, they are subscribed to the localteam list now
[20:29:21] <MrBeige> and you gave us their email addresses above ?
[20:29:25] <cek> yes
[20:29:52] <MrBeige> #argeed carmen paco and jesus (working from the Junta) take care of setting up the venue
[20:30:01] <MrBeige> #info they are on the localteam mailing list now
[20:30:03] <Ganneff> cek: btw, would you object to other (spanish speaking) people to have the listadmin password for the dc9 list?
[20:30:18] <marga> MrBeige: #action Marga will follow up pending stuff with them
[20:30:20] <h01ger> cek, btw, how many different rooms to you expect we will use for talks+bofs? 2? 3? 4? (question for video team / schedulign planing) - please either answer shortly now and keep in mind for next global meeting. its needed to plan our ressources ;)
[20:30:20] <MrBeige> so we'll talk with them directly, get them lists of things we need, and so on
[20:30:31] <marga> h01ger: no, no, that's not for this meeting :)
[20:30:35] <MrBeige> #action marga will follow up with venue people, get them info they need
[20:30:37] <cek> no problem Ganneff
[20:30:40] <marga> h01ger: that's already in the todo list.
[20:30:44] <h01ger> Ganneff, ask hector oron (he's a DD), i'll message you his email...
[20:30:47] <h01ger> marga, ok
[20:30:50] <MrBeige> #topic accommodations
[20:30:53] <cek> h01ger, 2
[20:31:05] <MrBeige> cek: do you have local people working on the accommodations, besides yourself ?
[20:31:06] <moray> h01ger: also capacities, plans, etc. -- but that should be on the list
[20:31:11] <moray> (mailing list)
[20:31:14] <cek> MrBeige, anto and me
[20:31:29] <h01ger> moray, i know i know :) videoteam needs plans... accesibility too
[20:31:38] <MrBeige> cek: would it be good to say, the Junta people focus on the venue, and you and anto focus on the accommodation ?
[20:31:50] <cek> sure MrBeige
[20:31:51] <MrBeige> cek: (with you and anto also looking into the venue a little bit, too)
[20:31:58] <cek> lol :P
[20:32:07] <MrBeige> #agreed cek and anto focus on accommodation, lead the team
[20:32:15] <h01ger> accomodation will have to deal much more with "random people" than venue, so its good if cesar is there :)
[20:32:23] <MrBeige> yes
[20:32:26] <cek> :D
[20:32:35] <MrBeige> #topic network
[20:32:47] <MrBeige> so, network stuff
[20:32:56] <cek> I sent a mail
[20:33:00] <MrBeige> cek: do you have any other local people who can help with the network ?
[20:33:06] <cek> Telefonica will sponsor VoIP and network
[20:33:09] <sgran> last I heard, it was "how much do we ask for" in terms of speed ?
[20:33:10] <MrBeige> great
[20:33:17] * marga afk for a bit.
[20:33:22] <cek> but I didn't receive and answer
[20:33:24] <sgran> has anyone answered that query?
[20:33:26] <sgran> ok
[20:33:29] <cek> MrBeige, anto is dealing with Telefonica
[20:33:29] <MrBeige> cek: are you and anto the primary contacts for the ISP
[20:33:32] <Ganneff> lets take 10 gigE lines then :)
[20:33:33] <MrBeige> anto is
[20:33:35] <moray> sgran: I think we still need that (great if you can provide something)
[20:33:36] <h01ger> sgran, no
[20:33:51] <Ganneff> the minimum we always wanted is 10mmbit synchron.
[20:33:52] <MrBeige> sgran: let's postpone technical discussions for later... now we'll know who to talk to about it
[20:33:55] <Ganneff> 10mbit
[20:34:01] <sgran> MrBeige: ok
[20:34:04] <Ganneff> so we take everything above and the more we get the better :)
[20:34:08] <Ganneff> but umm, offtopic
[20:34:10] <cek> 10mbit sync?
[20:34:10] <MrBeige> #agreed anto is the ISP contact
[20:34:14] <cek> ok
[20:34:16] <sgran> just for my notes, this is standard adsl (8/2?)
[20:34:24] <h01ger> cek, how far are the accomodation venues from the main venue? we'll get tons of APs from fonera and could at least try to connect them that way too. (but also have dedicated uplinks there i think)
[20:34:27] <Ganneff> cek: as minimum
[20:34:32] <Ganneff> cek: the more you get, the better
[20:34:35] <cek> sgran, lets try to have a good one better than 8/2 ones
[20:34:36] * h01ger nods Ganneff
[20:34:43] <MrBeige> what about network infastructure, within the venue -- cableing, wireless APs, venue<->residence ?
[20:34:47] <h01ger> and cek last words too
[20:34:51] <sgran> cek: good
[20:34:54] <Hydroxide> e.g. 20 or more Mbps would be great
[20:35:19] <MrBeige> what about network infastructure, within the venue -- cableing, wireless APs, venue<->residence ?
[20:35:19] <h01ger> MrBeige, APs will come from fon and they will run (pure) openwrt.
[20:35:29] <MrBeige> h01ger: who is talking with them ?
[20:35:31] <sgran> I remember at the presentation it was said that there was cabling and 100MB switches, upgradable to gigE. is that still the case?
[20:35:34] <cek> MrBeige, that should be 1 or 2 days before DebCamp or even during DebCamp
[20:35:36] <h01ger> we will need to buy cables i assume? or are there, cek?
[20:35:40] <hermanr> Streaming will need approx 1Mbit dedicated.
[20:35:41] <h01ger> MrBeige, Hydroxide and me.
[20:35:48] <MrBeige> h01ger: ok
[20:35:51] <cek> h01ger, Junta will let us use network cables
[20:36:01] <moray> sgran: the new info since then is that from 8 in the evening we'll be only in the residences for hacking
[20:36:03] <Ganneff> good. and for the rest we can put out our own, i think
[20:36:05] <MrBeige> who is in charge of creating wiring maps, etc, and so on ?
[20:36:09] <h01ger> cek, and switches? as in reconfigrue them? or do we need our own switches?
[20:36:17] <MrBeige> h01ger: technical discussion, for later
[20:36:21] <moray> sgran: so we need to work out if we can join that to the 'main' network, etc.
[20:36:24] <h01ger> MrBeige, right, thanks
[20:36:27] <sgran> moray: ah. so it's back to microwave links and moist string? good
[20:36:37] <cek> h01ger, we can borrow some switches, maybe 4 (24 ports)
[20:36:37] * MrBeige reminds everyone... talk about who here, not what
[20:36:50] <moray> sgran: (that also presumably affects how much capacity we want where in the first place)
[20:36:55] <cek> ok, MrBeige lets continue
[20:37:07] <MrBeige> cek: who is in charge of what we can borrow? the Junta people from above ?
[20:37:14] <cek> MrBeige, yes
[20:37:31] <MrBeige> cek: if we tell the Junta people how we need to wire things, can they work on setting that up ?
[20:37:41] <angasule> as MrBeige said, the maps (layout, electrical, anything else?) are important for planning
[20:37:50] <cek> MrBeige, not sure
[20:37:54] <MrBeige> ok
[20:38:00] <h01ger> we first need maps with wire plans..
[20:38:16] <MrBeige> cek: do you have any one else local we can talk to about the network wiring? can you recruit someone ?
[20:38:21] <h01ger> but this meeting is about people...
[20:38:27] <cek> MrBeige, I will try
[20:38:30] <MrBeige> ok
[20:38:43] <cek> I can maybe ask Nando, he can maybe help wiring
[20:38:55] <MrBeige> #info we'll talk with Junta people (on localteam list) about network wiring, and form the infrastructure team once we know more
[20:38:58] <sgran> and also power wiring at the same time is probably useful
[20:39:13] <MrBeige> #info also power wiring -- hacklabs as part of the venue
[20:39:33] <MrBeige> what about network services -- mirrors, proxies, upload hosts, etc ?
[20:39:42] <MrBeige> is there a global team that handles that every year ?
[20:39:43] * blarson willing&able to help with wiring, but not planning on being there before conf.
[20:39:52] <h01ger> #info maps!
[20:40:02] <Ganneff> MrBeige: the admins
[20:40:06] <sgran> MrBeige: Ganneff, mhy, me
[20:40:11] <Ganneff> MrBeige: that is done during normal setup phase
[20:40:16] <Ganneff> no need for any action point anywhere
[20:40:18] <sgran> others as they offer and so on
[20:40:26] <MrBeige> #agreed Ganneff mhy sgran are the ones who usually manage network services
[20:40:46] <MrBeige> #topic visa stuff
[20:40:52] <sgran> it would be useful for a DC10 admin to join us for setup, though, so they get an idea of the sort of services, setup and where we keep reusable bits fro myear to year and so on
[20:40:54] <MrBeige> so anto is getting these requests in his mailbox
[20:41:02] <cek> yes
[20:41:03] <Hydroxide> sgran: I'll try to be involved for that reason.
[20:41:04] * h01ger too as video has its own special needs. but i'm happy to just state requierements and mostly let some cool guys work it out
[20:41:07] <moray> ideally he'll do something with them too :)
[20:41:07] <Ganneff> sgran: that i already offered them :)
[20:41:09] <sgran> Hydroxide: k
[20:41:19] <MrBeige> and that's enough, we can ping him whith requsets
[20:41:26] <MrBeige> #agreed anto is the visa contact person
[20:41:40] <Hydroxide> h01ger: there is one DebConf videoteam person who lives in the US (edrz) who is definitely planning to assist. though schultmc and I can try to get some info while at dc9.
[20:41:43] <MrBeige> #agreed also invitation letters, etc... whatever needed
[20:41:51] <MrBeige> #topic talk selection
[20:41:57] <MrBeige> Ganneff: you volunteered to head up talk selection again ?
[20:42:00] <Ganneff> yes
[20:42:01] <h01ger> Hydroxide, i know edrz and i hope he'll attend
[20:42:11] <MrBeige> Ganneff: and you can find plenty of other help, too... so good
[20:42:14] <Ganneff> i select a team of DDs this week and announce to -team, then usual way
[20:42:20] <h01ger> Kinnison imho should do that too
[20:42:21] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: hold on
[20:42:26] <MrBeige> #agreed Ganneff manages talk selection like past years, with help from others
[20:42:26] <h01ger> he kinda volunteered
[20:42:28] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: there was already a thread on -team archives
[20:42:33] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: fine.
[20:42:37] <h01ger> actually, Kinnison , andreas tille and tassia
[20:42:44] <marga> Yes.
[20:42:44] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: there were a bunch of volunteers. feel free to gather more, but start with those
[20:42:45] <sgran> that was scheduling, not selection?
[20:42:49] <Hydroxide> h01ger: that was scheduling
[20:42:49] <MrBeige> h01ger: was that scheduling or selection ?
[20:42:57] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: we usually have some 12 to 15 people
[20:43:01] <marga> Ganneff: can you assemble the talks team ASAP, please?
[20:43:03] <an3as> The thread was about scheduling
[20:43:04] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: ok. so gather more
[20:43:09] <Hydroxide> an3as: there were two
[20:43:11] <an3as> I'm fine with selection as last year
[20:43:14] <marga> Ganneff: for talks!? I think not so many.
[20:43:15] <Ganneff> marga: this week, yes. (usually needs a day or three for replies)
[20:43:26] <h01ger> aint scheduling and selection related?
[20:43:33] <MrBeige> #agreed and Kinnison andreas tille, etc, from the malinig list thread will work on scheduling
[20:43:36] <marga> h01ger: not that much.
[20:43:36] <sgran> not necessarily
[20:43:45] <an3as> H01ger: IMHO yes, that's why I'd join both
[20:43:48] <Ganneff> Hydroxide: no
[20:43:49] <MrBeige> #info note the difference between SELECTION and SCHEDULING ... they can work together
[20:43:50] <Ganneff> err
[20:43:51] <Ganneff> h01ger: no
[20:43:57] <Ganneff> scheduling and selection arent related at all.
[20:44:10] <an3as> Ganneff: technically no.
[20:44:15] <MrBeige> anyway
[20:44:17] <MrBeige> move on
[20:44:19] <marga> Ok, that's settled.
[20:44:20] <h01ger> they both deal with talks. and you should have scheduling in mind when doing selection
[20:44:21] <MrBeige> we know who to ping
[20:44:23] <h01ger> move on
[20:44:24] <an3as> But it makes sense if you know the talks for scheduling
[20:44:26] <Ganneff> MrBeige: one team missing - travel sponsorship ( so we hand out any)
[20:44:30] <MrBeige> #info sponsorship solicitation
[20:44:35] <MrBeige> #topic sponsorship solicitation
[20:44:38] <an3as> H01ger: YES
[20:44:39] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: he called that "sponsorship allocation"
[20:44:41] <MrBeige> Sledge leads this up ?
[20:44:42] <marga> I want to be on this one.
[20:44:56] <marga> I meant the other one
[20:44:56] <Ganneff> oh. did he.
[20:45:03] <MrBeige> (this is different from sponsorship allocation, which is next)
[20:45:06] <h01ger> which of the two are we talking about?
[20:45:07] <marga> We should come up with more different names :-\
[20:45:16] <h01ger> money in + out
[20:45:17] <Hydroxide> h01ger: we're talking about getting corporate sponsors
[20:45:18] <MrBeige> we mostly have sponsorship finding already working well
[20:45:34] <MrBeige> is Sledge teh point person for sponsorship finding ?
[20:45:40] * Sledge nods MrBeige
[20:45:53] <h01ger> yes. Sledge, anto and me, probably
[20:45:55] <marga> But I think he could use some help...
[20:46:02] <h01ger> anto for spanish sponsors
[20:46:05] <MrBeige> #agreed Sledge is the point man for sponsor-getting -- it's already going well
[20:46:06] <Sledge> although I'm not planning to do it again next year, I should warn you
[20:46:08] <MrBeige> oh yeah
[20:46:09] <MrBeige> spanish sponsors
[20:46:09] <Hydroxide> marga: several of us are already on that team...
[20:46:15] <marga> ok, great
[20:46:16] <Sledge> so having some people dive in would be good
[20:46:28] <marga> Hydroxide: so, you are on that team too?
[20:46:30] <MrBeige> Sledge: yes, this meeting is just for finding who is teh point-person
[20:46:31] <Hydroxide> marga: I think so.
[20:46:38] * h01ger thinks due to having most in svn this is relativly easy to join in
[20:46:38] <MrBeige> the other members can be worked out later
[20:46:56] <MrBeige> cek: and anto is the point-man for finding spanish sponsors ?
[20:47:21] <MrBeige> cek: can you find more people for that, too ?
[20:47:38] <cek> not really
[20:47:52] <marga> :-\. Maybe we can ask other Spanish DDs to help out there.
[20:47:54] <marga> Let's move on.
[20:47:55] <cek> its hard with crisis
[20:48:06] * Hydroxide notes that someone from the DC10 team has sent contacts to his free software acquaintances in Spain to see about DC9 funding
[20:48:10] <MrBeige> #info let's search for other spanish DDs to help find spanish sponsorship team
[20:48:25] <MrBeige> #info also the list Hydroxide is getting of possible spanish sponsors
[20:48:34] <MrBeige> #topic sponsorship allocation
[20:48:38] <Ganneff> i do volunteer to do the same money out work like last year (allocating and all the meetings and orga for that), *IF* at least one of dc10 joins this and volunteers to do the final step (actually doing the money hand out/getting paper data during dc9) together. i wont do anything like that for dc10, so we need some there.
[20:48:58] <MrBeige> we had ana volunteer on the list, and marga just now, for sponsorship allocation
[20:49:09] <Ganneff> allocation was the really large team.
[20:49:11] <schultmc> Ganneff: I'll volunteer for that, assuming that can happen at DebConf (I won't be at DebCamp)
[20:49:21] <Ganneff> schultmc: yes, it will only happen at debconf
[20:49:29] <MrBeige> oh
[20:49:31] <Ganneff> as people are not all there at dc
[20:49:40] <marga> Ganneff: I didn't like how it worked last year, there was talk about it on list, it'd be good if you replied.
[20:49:42] <Hydroxide> yes, schultmc really makes sense for this, assuming he plans to continue as SPI treasurer next year :)
[20:49:44] <MrBeige> there are two parts of this: deciding who gets what, also, writing the checks
[20:49:54] <MrBeige> we are talking about the "who gets what" part
[20:49:58] <Ganneff> marga: it didnt "work" last year, unfortunately.
[20:50:01] <schultmc> Hydroxide: I have to be reelected to the board - I'm willing but it's out of my hands :)
[20:50:04] * h01ger also volunteers for that again. its just 2-3 meetings in advance?
[20:50:05] <Hydroxide> :)
[20:50:07] <Ganneff> MrBeige: that is one part, actually
[20:50:13] <Ganneff> marga: and yes, i can read the list.
[20:50:22] <Ganneff> h01ger: its two (longish) meetings
[20:50:32] <h01ger> Ganneff, thoughts what the problems were last year and how to fix them?
[20:50:37] <Ganneff> marga: now. is it just changing some ways, or should i stay out at all?
[20:50:38] <h01ger> (+yes, looong)
[20:50:41] <sgran> h01ger: now isn't the time
[20:50:42] <MrBeige> h01ger: that is for the team, once we decide it...
[20:50:44] <Ganneff> h01ger: one, the biggest, was getting the money.
[20:50:46] <MrBeige> so, who heads this up ?
[20:50:54] <marga> Ganneff: changing how it works, not who.
[20:50:54] <MrBeige> we have 10 minutes
[20:50:55] * h01ger nods sgran + MrBeige
[20:50:57] <Ganneff> i want to, if people dont disagree
[20:51:02] <marga> Ganneff: but can I be the one that assembles the team?
[20:51:03] * Hydroxide suggests Ganneff head this one with schultmc as an assistant to learn for next year
[20:51:17] * h01ger is happy if Ganneff does
[20:51:20] <marga> Ok.
[20:51:31] <marga> Ganneff: please don't leave me out this year, though.
[20:51:32] <MrBeige> so Ganneff and marga are the co-leads for sponsorship allocation ?
[20:51:35] <Ganneff> marga: lets do it together then.
[20:51:40] <marga> Ok, good.
[20:51:44] <MrBeige> #info Ganneff and marga are co-leads for sponsorship allocation
[20:51:44] <h01ger> cheers
[20:51:49] <Ganneff> MrBeige: and schultmc, but yes.
[20:51:59] <MrBeige> #info also schultmc
[20:52:02] <MrBeige> #topic video team
[20:52:13] <MrBeige> #agreed h01ger is in charge, he assembles volunteers closer to time
[20:52:15] <MrBeige> h01ger: right ?
[20:52:19] * Hydroxide pops away momentarily - back real soon
[20:52:43] <MrBeige> #topic accessibility
[20:52:47] <h01ger> yeah
[20:52:56] <MrBeige> hector oron and tiago offered to work on this.
[20:53:09] <MrBeige> are they the designeated leads? any objections ?
[20:53:19] <h01ger> they both volunteered
[20:53:23] <tiagovaz_> yep
[20:53:24] <marga> No objections, but we'll need prodding there.
[20:53:30] <h01ger> yeah
[20:53:33] <MrBeige> #agreed hector oron and tiago are the leads
[20:53:33] <h01ger> hi, tiagovaz_!
[20:53:36] <marga> prodding the venue, that is.
[20:53:47] <tiagovaz_> h01ger: :)
[20:53:48] <h01ger> and accom and...
[20:53:55] <MrBeige> marga: right, we work on that
[20:53:58] <MrBeige> #topic website
[20:54:03] <MrBeige> so Tincho volunteered again
[20:54:07] <marga> We need more content providers.
[20:54:14] <MrBeige> but we need peolpe to say what to do for it
[20:54:32] <MrBeige> so, prodders are in charge of poking people to give Tincho stuff
[20:54:44] <moray> I volunteered to do stuff on the website too, no time this week though
[20:54:44] <marga> We should find a way to get in contact with Spanish volunteers...
[20:54:51] <MrBeige> Tincho focuses on integrating stuff
[20:54:53] <angasule> I just added two nice hotel lists to the wiki page
[20:54:56] <MrBeige> marga: about the website ? or in general ?
[20:54:58] * h01ger is not convinced a spanish version is needed. its nice, but
[20:55:00] <moray> (conference deadline on Monday I'm hoping to submit something for...)
[20:55:12] <marga> MrBeige: mostly website, but other stuff too.
[20:55:15] * h01ger also notes anybody can add content to the website. its in debconf-data svn
[20:55:26] * Hydroxide returns
[20:55:28] <Ganneff> *adding* content is simple. we need people to *GATHER* content
[20:55:34] <marga> h01ger: the problem is not adding content, but generating content.
[20:55:41] <MrBeige> #agreed Tincho and moray are webmasters, BUT, they aren't responsible for creating content -- we (such as prodders) get the other teams to create content
[20:55:46] <Ganneff> the website itself is more than easy enough to modify
[20:55:53] <moray> MrBeige: no, I do plan to gather content
[20:56:00] <moray> I did a little, but no time currently, is all
[20:56:01] <MrBeige> moray: that's what I said
[20:56:04] <h01ger> there is lots flying around on the lists & here. it mostly just scrolls by :(
[20:56:31] <MrBeige> moray/ Tincho: can you two monotor the lists/irc, and add stuff as it goes by ?
[20:56:43] <MrBeige> is that "not creating it" enough ?
[20:57:01] <h01ger> :)
[20:57:07] <marga> It's still kind of hard
[20:57:12] <MrBeige> marga: finding local volunteers would go under the "local coordination" part of things
[20:57:12] <moray> MrBeige: I said, I'm happy to go and actively gather it, I just don't have time this week
[20:57:19] <marga> But we can try to ping them whenever something useful comes up.
[20:57:22] <MrBeige> moray: yeah, that's fine... next week works
[20:57:49] <MrBeige> #agreed we try to monitor irc/lists for useful information, and get webmasters to add content as it goes by
[20:58:11] <MrBeige> #topic mailing list replying
[20:58:24] <Ganneff> we need someone appointed to reply to mailinglist threads?
[20:58:26] <marga> MrBeige: ??
[20:58:28] <h01ger> everyone?
[20:58:32] <Ganneff> in debian?
[20:58:34] <MrBeige> so I tihnk each team should be responsible for replying to stuff related to their area... prodders work on poking them if need be
[20:58:35] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: it hasn't been happening enough
[20:58:37] <h01ger> höhö
[20:58:41] <Ganneff> thats new. i thought DDs can flame without a role for it
[20:58:45] <MrBeige> sound good, what I said ?
[20:58:55] <Hydroxide> Ganneff: questions have been going unanswered. really. :)
[20:59:08] <h01ger> MrBeige, yes, prodding soudns good, halfly. on the other hand, just replying shoudl work too
[20:59:15] <h01ger> thats also proddign and asking to be corrected
[20:59:17] <Ganneff> so you do want someone taking care of that, not of replying.
[20:59:33] <Hydroxide> can someone go through the list archives, noticing which questions still need to be answered?
[20:59:36] <MrBeige> #agreed each team should be responsible for replying to stuff related to their area... prodders work on poking them if things are going unanswered, or getting someone else to answer
[20:59:37] <Ganneff> question gathering, putting up somewhere (hello website and FAQ)
[20:59:56] <MrBeige> Ganneff: good point
[21:00:02] <h01ger> btw, did someone check the accomodation page i made?
[21:00:16] <MrBeige> does anyone want to volunteer to be a "question answerer/FAQ creater/website content putter-upper ?"
[21:00:25] * h01ger realizes he is too jumpy
[21:01:11] * marga needs to go.
[21:01:13] * MrBeige notices the silence after his call for a volunteer....
[21:01:21] <MrBeige> marga: thanks for coming, and thanks for your help...
[21:01:23] <marga> h01ger: which is that page?
[21:01:32] <marga> MrBeige: minutes should be almost ready to send out.
[21:01:35] * cek has to leave :)
[21:01:45] * schultmc also needs to go - I'll check scrollback later
[21:01:46] <MrBeige> #action we'll talk about a designated information-collector
[21:01:49] <h01ger>
[21:01:52] <cek> see ya folks
[21:01:52] <angasule> h01ger: I just noticed it (is it a good idea to have links invisible unless hovered over?), I added two hotel links to the wiki:
[21:01:54] <h01ger> marga, ^
[21:02:02] <angasule> chau cek :)
[21:02:04] <MrBeige> #topic summary
[21:02:11] <MrBeige> so, let's try to close up soon
[21:02:11] <h01ger> angasule, can you please put those on ?!
[21:02:25] <MrBeige> was this usuful? now, we know who to ask about things on the to-do list
[21:02:35] <sgran> yes, I think so
[21:02:40] * angasule gets on it
[21:02:40] <MrBeige> it isn't all that understaffed, and we know where we can fit more peolpe in
[21:02:44] * h01ger thinks so too
[21:02:45] <Hydroxide> yes, useful.
[21:02:46] <Ganneff> update the wiki team page with the data gathered please
[21:02:49] <Hydroxide> thanks for thinking of it.
[21:02:52] <Hydroxide> MrBeige: ^^
[21:03:00] <h01ger> MrBeige, ^^ :)
[21:03:12] <Ganneff> and finish this here. we are done. :)
[21:03:13] <MrBeige> #action we should all try to get more people to fill in the holes we need -- for example, local peolpe for accomotadion/wiring, etc
[21:03:22] <MrBeige> #topic any other business ?
[21:03:29] <Hydroxide> MrBeige: just do #endmeeting :)
[21:03:33] <Ganneff> no other
[21:03:34] <Hydroxide> it's been over an hour and people are leaving
[21:03:35] <Ganneff> not in this.
[21:03:35] <MrBeige> #info next global meeting, April 27, 19UTC
[21:03:39] <MrBeige> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at