Started logging meeting in #debconf-team, times are UTC.
[19:00:43] * marga is here, although a bit sick
[19:00:45] <MrBeige> so hi evernyone
[19:00:49] <moray> (hi)
[19:00:53] <sgran> lo
[19:01:01] <MrBeige> #topic decisions made since last meeting
[19:01:12] <MrBeige> #info - local legal entiety is ffis and logo is on website already
[19:01:21] <Ganneff> for some value of local
[19:01:27] <MrBeige> #info room allocation: Jonathan McDowell, Noodles
[19:01:28] <bgupta> I am here sorta, but I am also working in parallel. MrBeige, Hydroxide feel free to ping me, if somehting comes up where I can help.
[19:01:42] <MrBeige> (this is just for completeness to not silently remove agenda iems)
[19:01:51] <MrBeige> #topic organizational meeting follow-up
[19:01:54] * h01ger smses cek and anto
[19:02:01] <MrBeige> so we have the teams list at
[19:02:09] <MrBeige> it seems everyone is happy with that
[19:02:16] <moray> h01ger: thanks
[19:02:19] <MrBeige> are there any teams we think are under-powered ?
[19:02:22] <anto> eiiii, waves
[19:02:38] <h01ger> hi anto :)
[19:02:58] <MrBeige> so I take that as a no...
[19:03:07] <marga> MrBeige: local team?
[19:03:31] <MrBeige> marga: yeah... maybe we can discuss that more under local-issues
[19:03:33] <marga> I wrote to the localteam mailing list, to which we subscribed the people cek_ had mentioned, and got no replies :-/
[19:03:55] <MrBeige> but for now, are there any tasks which we can assign remote people to work on to help localteam out ?
[19:04:05] <anto> marga, sorry for this
[19:04:17] <anto> i full of job
[19:04:23] <MrBeige> #info marga has emailed localteam list (with new names from the venue on it), but no response yet
[19:04:32] <MrBeige> anto: what's their status ?
[19:05:12] <anto> marga please can you translate me?
[19:05:38] <ana> anto: marga pregunta sobre las preguntas que mando a localteam
[19:05:49] <ana> anto: que si las puedes responder, o cuando las vas a responder
[19:06:04] <anto> si si, i understand ana traduceme tu a partir de ahora
[19:06:08] <anto> de lo k diga
[19:06:15] <marga> anto: en realidad, se suponía que iban a ser varios, Carmen, Jesus, y alguien más que ahora no recuerdo. Y nadie contesto nada.
[19:06:17] <schultmc> hi
[19:06:27] <ana> anto: puedes responder ahora?
[19:06:35] <anto> tenemos problemas con la venue
[19:06:48] <ana> (there are problems with the venue)
[19:07:00] <anto> va a haber obras durante la conferencia
[19:07:08] <h01ger> anto, what kind of problems?
[19:07:13] <anto> y no habrá ni la mitad de lo prometido
[19:07:14] * MrBeige waits, don't rush for my account-- #info important information and let me know when to move on
[19:07:26] <anto> no habrá ascensor
[19:07:36] <ana> there will be building jobs while debconf so we won't have no even half of the promised
[19:07:37] <anto> mucho ruido, polvo .....
[19:07:39] <ana> no elevator
[19:07:43] <ana> a lot of noise and dust
[19:07:48] <marga> !!!
[19:07:51] <Ganneff> *sigh*
[19:07:51] <anto> tenemos reservado otro sitio ya
[19:07:58] <Ganneff> cant anyone hold up to what they said?
[19:08:04] <ana> but they have reserved another place
[19:08:06] <h01ger> no me lo puedo crer
[19:08:08] <ana> anto: y ese sitio es?
[19:08:49] <ana> anto: asi que cambiamos la venue o compaginamos :?
[19:08:58] <h01ger> another place where the accomodation places is more far away? can that venue be open 24/7?
[19:09:10] <anto>
[19:09:28] <ana> anto: esto parece un hospital?
[19:09:31] <anto> tenemos que cambiar, no me han dado alternativa
[19:09:41] <ana> so we _must_ change, they were not given another option
[19:09:45] <anto> es un centro tecnologico impresionante
[19:09:47] <MrBeige> ok
[19:09:54] <ana> and the place is
[19:09:57] <MrBeige> let's resume discussion of this under local team updates, shall we ?
[19:09:58] <Ganneff> how far away from accommodation?
[19:09:59] <moray> where is it? are the Junta paying?
[19:10:00] <ana> apparently a technological center
[19:10:04] <anto> centro de cirugia de minima invasion
[19:10:05] * Kinnison is now present (just back from tai chi)
[19:10:07] <Ganneff> they still pay?
[19:10:16] <anto> tenemos un auditorio con casi 400 plazas
[19:10:16] <Ganneff> we can do all the stuff with ourt cables, network, etc?
[19:10:19] <ana> anto: preguntan si la junta aun paga y como de lejos queda de la residencia?
[19:10:24] <anto> todo domotizado
[19:10:24] <Ganneff> how is it with acceessibility there?
[19:10:24] <marga> MrBeige: no, lets go on with this now that we are getting the info
[19:10:27] <MrBeige> actually, let's contiue this now since we are here
[19:10:33] <MrBeige> #topic local venue status updates
[19:10:33] <anto> esta lejos de la residencia
[19:10:41] <ana> (i am asking the questions little to little, he is only one and we are too many :) )
[19:10:47] <ana> it is far from the residence
[19:10:47] <moray> ana: sure
[19:11:01] <MrBeige> #topic problems with the venue - there willbe construction over the summer, we can't use it (we *must* move)
[19:11:06] <ana> the center has an auditorium for about 400 people
[19:11:07] <anto> pero el ayuntamiento nos pone autobuses
[19:11:15] <moray> no
[19:11:19] <marga> anto: qué tan lejos?
[19:11:20] <anto> y tres auditorios mas pekeños
[19:11:22] <MrBeige> oops
[19:11:26] <anto> plato de television
[19:11:27] <MrBeige> #info problems with the venue - there willbe construction over the summer, we can't use it (we *must* move)
[19:11:32] <ana> the town hall is paying(?) buses
[19:11:33] <anto> y todo muy bien preparado
[19:11:43] <ana> anto: los autobuses los *paga* el ayuntamiento?
[19:11:56] <anto> el coste es de unos 13.000? , lo pagaría la Junta
[19:12:00] <ana> apparently the venus is quite ok...
[19:12:07] <ana> it costs 13k euros and junta pays
[19:12:18] <MrBeige> #info new venue costs 13k euros and junta pays
[19:12:20] * h01ger considers going to caceres in may or early june
[19:12:21] <anto> si, los autobuses tb serian gratis, el ayuntamiento nos da unos 5000 ?
[19:12:22] <moray> is that the bus price or venue?
[19:12:27] <MrBeige> *: feel free to #info important things
[19:12:28] <Ganneff> is the town hall stuff fixed to pay?
[19:12:32] <h01ger> 24/7 access or at least longer than 20oo would be nice
[19:12:32] <ana> anto: asi que la junta paga y esta lejos de la residencia pero tenemos autobuses gratis?
[19:12:34] <Ganneff> or just a promise they can forget again?
[19:12:40] <anto> envio a la lista el presupuesto y un dossier de informacion del sitio
[19:12:40] <moray> Ganneff: we can hardly believe anything from them now...
[19:12:52] <ana> anto: lo siguiente importante es saber como esta el tema de network alla, cables y demás
[19:12:59] <Ganneff> moray: having them tell us its a signed contract != just a promise.
[19:13:07] <Ganneff> at least i hope so
[19:13:09] <gwolf> UGH... Bad topic
[19:13:13] <anto> montariamos una linea , telefonica nos lo paga
[19:13:18] <h01ger> gwolf, hola. has a summary and links to full log
[19:13:25] <MrBeige> gwolf: sorry
[19:13:30] <anto> le he pedido una linea de 15/20
[19:13:30] <ana> anto: solo una o lo que pedimos en la lista?
[19:13:40] <gwolf> sorry for being late. /me goes to backlog
[19:13:53] <h01ger> moray, dont be so german ;)
[19:13:54] <ana> telefonica is still sponsoring line, he asked a 15/20 one
[19:14:07] <anto> yo pedi 8 lineas en total
[19:14:10] <Ganneff> 15 up, 20 down? mbit?
[19:14:11] <moray> h01ger: right, I'm sure you'll still tell me I was being pessimistic in worrying about stuff
[19:14:19] <anto> 6 para la venue y 2 para las residencias
[19:14:45] <anto> si pueden ponen una grande y si no las 6 pequeñas
[19:14:45] <ana> he asked 8 lines, 6 for the venue and 3 for the residence
[19:15:00] <ana> so they will put a big line or as fallback 6 "littles"
[19:15:03] <marga> anto: y con respecto a pasar cables dentro del lugar?
[19:15:05] <Ganneff> 2 for residence. :)
[19:15:10] <ana> yes, 2
[19:15:11] <ana> sorry
[19:15:11] <MrBeige> ok, this is getting divergent -- shall we try to group things together ? First talk about the new venue, then under localteam, get more updates on the different pieces ?
[19:15:32] <Ganneff> MrBeige: let them finish with anto first.
[19:15:52] * h01ger notes we still need info about accessbility, opening hours and distance to venue. and if we get a proper contract this time
[19:15:52] <ana> anto: entonces, en resumen, a ver si lo entendimos todo:
[19:15:58] <moray> MrBeige: no, in case he drops offline or something
[19:16:18] <ana> anto: ns mudamos a esa venue, la paga la junta, el ayuntamiendo nos paga autobuses, la conexion la sigue poniendo telefonica
[19:16:40] * MrBeige appoints ana subchair for this section
[19:16:46] <ana> anto: pero hay mas preguntas: ?Accesibilidad del sitio? ?podemos poner cables allá??Donde comemos??Cual son los horarios?
[19:16:46] <anto> si todo correcto, ana
[19:16:53] <ana> anto: ve respondiendo a tu ritmo :)
[19:17:04] <anto> el sitio esta muy bien preparado, es nuevo todo
[19:17:13] <ana> anto: como de nuevo?
[19:17:20] <anto> dos años
[19:17:24] <ana> segun el año sigue las leyes de accesibilidad o no
[19:17:39] <h01ger> \o/
[19:17:40] <ana> the place is 2 years old, so it is expected to follow latest accesibility laws (this last is my addition)
[19:17:47] <MrBeige> ana: can you #info important things ?
[19:17:58] <anto> es el mejor sitio de caceres, pero esta lejos de las residencias, por eso antes no lo planteamos alli
[19:18:02] <gwolf> anto: Respecto a los autobuses, ?pueden ser... muchos? Porque como sabes, los horarios a los que nuestra gente se mueve son muy variados... (How often can we have buses? Our people has very varied timetables)
[19:18:06] <Ganneff> MrBeige: now thats a little late, the whole part was important :)
[19:18:13] <anto> he enviado un dossier con las instalaciones a la lista
[19:18:16] <ana> the place seems very good but ut is far from everything
[19:18:20] <gwolf> anto says it's the best site in Caceres, but is far from the residences, that's why it wasn't originally suggested
[19:18:20] <ana> anto: cual lista?
[19:18:26] <Ganneff> how far?
[19:18:28] <gwolf> he has sent a dossier with the installation details to the list
[19:18:32] <anto> habra autobuses todo el dia funcionando de la residencia a la venue
[19:18:36] <h01ger> #info asked for 8 dsl lines, 6 for the venue and 2 for the residence
[19:18:36] <Ganneff> 1km, 10km, moon distance?
[19:18:39] <ana> gwolf:... traduces tu?
[19:18:42] <gwolf> there will be buses working all day long
[19:18:49] <gwolf> ana: puedo hacerlo, me sale casi natural :)
[19:18:55] <h01ger> #info the new venue is 2 years old, so it is expected to follow latest accesibility laws
[19:18:57] <gwolf> I can handle translation, sorry to step on your toes :)
[19:18:58] <anto> 2-3 km
[19:19:05] <ana> gwolf: a mi tambien, pero como de pronto empezaste, no se si es por ayudar o pq pensaste que lo hacia mal :)
[19:19:09] <gwolf> anto: ?qué significa todo el día?
[19:19:16] <ana> it is about 2-3 km far
[19:19:24] <gwolf> ana: sorry - You are not doing it wrong, I started asking bilingually, and my fingers kept moving :)
[19:19:30] <ana> gwolf: haha
[19:19:37] <anto> durante el horario de conferencia habra autobuses funcionando, el ayuntamiento nos ayuda con esto
[19:19:40] <ana> anto: es importante saber como seran los autobuses
[19:19:45] <gwolf> anto: Digamos, ?de 11AM a 1AM?
[19:19:50] <ana> porque con el solazo que hará o hay siempre o se nos achicharran
[19:19:58] <ana> gwolf: depende de cuando abra la venue
[19:20:01] <gwolf> During the conference hours there will be buses working, the city will help with this
[19:20:09] <gwolf> ana says: Depending on when does the venue open
[19:20:09] <ana> (We are discussing buses versus venue time opening)
[19:20:18] <Ganneff> i might have missed it, but is this sponsoring of the busses a fixed contract or just a promise?
[19:20:24] <anto> creo k no tan tarde , desde las 9:00 hasta las 23:00 quizás
[19:20:30] * gwolf agrees with Ana: The sun can be... Enough to kill more than one geek.
[19:20:31] <ana> Ganneff: promised, they say 5k euros for this
[19:20:36] <Hydroxide> actually, is *any* of this in a signed binding contract?
[19:20:36] <Ganneff> ok
[19:20:51] <gwolf> anto: No creo que mucha gente se mueva a las 9:00... I'd say few people would move as early as 9:00
[19:20:52] <ana> anto: nos ponen los autobuses o simplemente nos dan autobuses por 5 mil euros?
[19:20:57] <ana> Hydroxide: i tdo not think so...
[19:20:58] <dam> #info new venue 2-3km from residences
[19:21:00] <moray> thre's a map on,com_wrapper/Itemid,173/lang,es/
[19:21:04] <gwolf> anto: pregunta Hydroxide, ?algo de esto está en un contrato firmado vinculante?
[19:21:08] <anto> bueno eso lo veriamos, ahora no lo vamos ahablar
[19:21:18] <ana> anto: ok
[19:21:20] <gwolf> anto: de acuerdo, son detalles..
[19:21:27] <ana> so the buses stuff will be detailed later
[19:21:35] <moray> the map shows it's outside the town, in a different direction from the 'old' venue
[19:21:58] <ana> moray: yes, it is old of everything
[19:22:00] <gwolf> anto: Pero la sede, ?sí está SEGURA por escrito y todo? Is the new venue SECURED in writing?
[19:22:03] <anto> no tenemos otro sitio en la ciudad, pero el sitio os va a encantar, eso seguro
[19:22:09] <ana> that is why being supposedly better, it was discarded
[19:22:13] <ana> s/old/far/
[19:22:17] <gwolf> we have no other place in town, but you will love this one, that's for sure.
[19:22:28] <ana> anto: se preocupan de si esto esta todo ya por escrito o no
[19:22:36] <ana> anto: es que como hagamos otro cambio nos matas a todo :)
[19:22:37] <anto> si, tengo la reserva ya hecha, pendiente de la firma de la junta para que acepte eñl presupuesto presentado
[19:22:40] * gwolf has one more reason to travel along with bike to Spain :)
[19:22:56] <moray> can we get photos of the rooms etc. approximately tomorrow?
[19:22:57] <ana> the reservation is done, it is pending the signature from somebody from the Junta accepting it
[19:23:00] <gwolf> Yes, we have the reservation made, it's pending for the Junta's signature so they formally accept the presented quote
[19:23:04] <ana> (the venue reservation)
[19:23:20] <gwolf> anto: pregunta moray, ?podríamos tener fotos de los lugares en cuestión? (MAÑANA de ser posible)
[19:23:21] <Ganneff> gwolf: please add a or so in front when you translate
[19:23:29] <anto> envío el presupuesto a la lista
[19:23:32] <gwolf> Ganneff: will (try to) do
[19:23:34] <Ganneff> gwolf: or speak in thrid person.
[19:23:36] <MrBeige> #info the reservation is done, it is pending the signature from somebody from the Junta accepting it
[19:23:39] <anto> he enviado un dossier
[19:23:41] <Ganneff> gwolf: otherwise you confuse a lot :)
[19:23:46] <dam> #link venue location:,com_wrapper/Itemid,173/lang,es/
[19:23:46] <ana> he is sending the quote to the list
[19:23:57] <ana> anto: algun cambio mas de lo hablado hasta ahora?
[19:24:24] <ana> anto: algo nuevo en las residencias?
[19:24:26] <gwolf> anto: Dado que esto es si entiendo bien un hospital... ?La gente con problemas de movimiento/movilidad/visión/etc, ?podrían dormir en el venue? (will sight/movement disabled be able to sleep at the venue, given it is a hospital?)
[19:24:55] <ana> gwolf: hay un centro para eso en caceres
[19:25:18] <ana> gwolf: y creo que no es un hospital en plan de dormir, sino un centro de "dia"
[19:25:25] <ana> anto: lo sabes tu mejor? :)
[19:25:39] <anto> hay una residencia para investigadores, pero es muy cara
[19:25:44] <gwolf> ok. (ana says this is not a sleep-over hospital, just an external care center, but there is an adequate center for disabled in Cáceres)
[19:25:48] <moray> I don't think hospitals normally work as hotels for random people anyway
[19:25:56] <gwolf> anto says, there is a residence for researchers, but is quite expensive
[19:26:02] <anto> lo mismo podemos llegar a un acuerdo con ellos , en julio hay poca gente
[19:26:27] <anto> es un centro tecnologico impresionante, los auditorios estan mejor preparados que en la venue de antes
[19:26:28] <ana> since july is not high season we might reach an agreement with them for the researchers residence
[19:26:31] <gwolf> anto: ?cuánto es "muy"? Si vamos a pagar a uno o dos cuartos de discapacitados, puede valer la pena... How much is "very expensive"? If we are hosting one or two disabled people, it can be a good way ought
[19:26:33] <gwolf> out
[19:26:50] <ana> but i guess this is few beds, just for people with special needs (nothing sure here, just a possibility)
[19:26:56] <marga> Ok, this is getting a bit long...
[19:26:58] <anto> si, lo pregunto, creo que podemos llegar a un acuerdo
[19:26:59] <gwolf> anto says: It is an impressive technological center, the auditoriums are much better prepared than in the previous venue
[19:27:15] <moray> marga: well, it's a lot more important than the other points...
[19:27:20] <ana> anto: vale, te creemos en que es muy bueno
[19:27:21] <gwolf> anto will ask and try to get an agreement on this point
[19:27:22] <marga> anto: podrás comentarnos estos temas a la lista de localteam, que es en castellano, así podemos seguir viendo lo que tenemos y lo que nos falta?
[19:27:24] <ana> pero necesitamos ahora detalles :)
[19:27:40] <anto> si, escribo informando
[19:27:45] <cek> hello all, sorry for the delay
[19:27:49] <h01ger> hola cek
[19:27:49] <ana> ok, he is going to send an email to the list with more info
[19:27:51] <ana> cek: hombre
[19:27:53] <gwolf> cek:!
[19:28:01] <ana> anto: mandalo en español y ya marga o yo traducimos
[19:28:09] <cek> was driving and not able to connect from my car... :)
[19:28:34] <MrBeige> should we make a plan for how to discuss more details on-list or something, and continue with this point later ?
[19:28:45] <marga> MrBeige: I think so.
[19:28:50] <MrBeige> ok
[19:29:02] <MrBeige> #action follow up on important details on the new venue
[19:29:11] <MrBeige> and now back to our regularly scheduled programe...
[19:29:22] * Kinnison perks up as 'schedule' highlights
[19:29:28] <MrBeige> #topic updates from teams
[19:30:07] <MrBeige> can a rep from each team do "#info Team -- we have done " to put it in the record, and then we'll move on ?
[19:30:28] <MrBeige> on the agenda is budget team, sponsorship teams, talk selection/scheduling, and t-shirts
[19:30:45] <MrBeige> (I don't want ot get into a detailed discussion of these teams, since they can be mostly handled on list
[19:30:48] <Ganneff> #info travelsponsorship|paperselection team - mails have been sent out gathering people.
[19:30:48] <Sledge> #info sponsors: money coming in, most previous sponsors are talking to us and matching previous amounts so far
[19:30:48] <MrBeige> )
[19:31:08] <Kinnison> #info Sheduling Team -- We have discussed what we want to do wrt. deadlines and lead-time on accepting talks during camp/conf. We're awaiting selection to begin our scheduling.
[19:31:22] <MrBeige> #info budget team - no real updates since before, but we'll have to revise things based on the new venue
[19:31:46] <MrBeige> I guess t-shirts isn't really a team, it can be discussed on list
[19:31:54] <MrBeige> all these teams seem to be worknig well
[19:32:14] <MrBeige> #topic registration/CfP status
[19:32:19] <MrBeige> who has information on these things ?
[19:32:38] <Ganneff> registration is open and will be until end of time. but sponsored one is closed.
[19:32:42] <ana> penta :? :)
[19:32:46] <moray> Ganneff: can you get the per-day accomm numbers?
[19:32:50] <Ganneff> and events added after this wont be for the "official" track/sponsorship
[19:33:01] <Ganneff> moray: ask me outside meeting.
[19:33:16] <MrBeige> the status of CfP is, you can still submit papers, but as time goes on it'll get to be too late to add it to official program/be in the proceedings ?
[19:33:21] <ana> i have a question regarding accomidation and register
[19:33:35] <ana> do we have enough beds for all the people who asked for sponsored accomodation?
[19:33:41] <ana> and for the peope who are paying
[19:33:43] <Ganneff> MrBeige: you can add it always, but they are no longer, since closing, considered ok to vote in favor of travel sponsorship
[19:33:44] <Noodles> I wondered about that.
[19:33:45] <MrBeige> ana: want to bring it up in "any other business" ?
[19:33:51] <Kinnison> MrBeige: Essentially until the selection team say "this set of papers is it" you can submit and it might get in. Beyond that, it's dependent on how nice we feel and what time we have.
[19:34:07] <Ganneff> and proceedings - there they are at least marked "unofficial", if they are in time to get printed with them.
[19:34:10] <ana> MrBeige: ok
[19:34:14] <MrBeige> #info more papers always accepted, but may be in a less-official track, and won't be considered for travel sponsorship after this point
[19:34:20] <Kinnison> nod.
[19:34:22] <moray> Kinnison: and traditionally there have been spare spaces for more informal stuff arranged during the conference
[19:34:25] <MrBeige> ok
[19:34:26] <Ganneff> that deathtime will be set by those preparing the proceedings, but usually is a week before or so
[19:34:28] <Kinnison> Ganneff: How much time do we need pre-conf to get the proceedings done?
[19:34:31] <Kinnison> moray: yes, we have that
[19:34:37] <MrBeige> #topic local team updates
[19:34:37] <Ganneff> Kinnison: depends. weeks to get the data from people
[19:34:41] <MrBeige> well, we basically already did this
[19:34:42] <Ganneff> Kinnison: days to print them
[19:34:42] <Kinnison> Ganneff: nod.
[19:35:04] <MrBeige> what about housing status -- anything to add about that ?
[19:35:07] <ana> anto says:
[19:35:19] <MrBeige> (not sure if we already discussed this)
[19:35:20] <ana> the local sponsors he has, they will have a place in the debianday
[19:35:24] <ana> i am asking what kind of place
[19:35:36] <MrBeige> ana: this is about housing ?
[19:35:37] <Ganneff> s/will/want to/ then?
[19:36:05] <ana> MrBeige: i do not know if he meants stand or talk... waiting
[19:36:24] <Ganneff> can be done later, go on? :)
[19:36:30] <MrBeige> ana: yes, let's disucss later
[19:36:38] <ana> ok
[19:36:41] <MrBeige> what about visa letter status ?
[19:36:51] <ana> anto: y las cartas de invitacion y las visas?
[19:37:01] <anto> no news from the junta
[19:37:12] <MrBeige> #info visa letters - no news from the Junta
[19:37:28] <ana> anto: puedes preguntar a la gente que lo lleva? en algunos paises necesitan meses para esto
[19:37:29] <gwolf> anto: ... y... ?esperamos que haya?
[19:37:34] <MrBeige> anto: we're waiting for them to find a time to sign the letters, then they can be sent out ?
[19:37:51] <gwolf> anto: ?o les sugerimos a todos que sencillamente intenten tramitar una visa a España por su cuenta?
[19:37:59] <ana> personal: i think we should do this stuff xternally, signed by the "DPL"
[19:38:01] <moray> on the letters ... do we need to just send them ourselves like in previous years?
[19:38:01] <gwolf> porque pueden quedarse esperando... y eso resulta en contra.
[19:38:31] <gwolf> (I said: Should we expect the Junta to send them, or just instruct the people to try to get a tourist visa as soon as they can by themselves?)
[19:38:37] <anto> entiendo, si esta semana no contestan las invitaciones las puede firmar mi fundacion, fundecyt
[19:38:43] <gwolf> to avoid them just standing wiating
[19:38:47] <anto>
[19:38:56] <ana> so if this week the junta does not answer, the letter could be signed by anto's work
[19:38:58] <gwolf> anto says: If this week they don't answer, his work foundation can send them
[19:39:00] <ana> s/work/office/
[19:39:06] <ana> anto: lo podrias hacer ya?
[19:39:19] <MrBeige> #info if the Junta can't sign visa letters, anto's work can sign visa letters
[19:39:23] <ana> anto: alguna gente pare que les pague su jefe/universidad el viaje necesitan la invitacion
[19:39:33] <anto> k tambien sera sponsor de la conferencia, aunque aun no se como
[19:39:45] <MrBeige> #info open question - should we just send the visa letters ourselves ?
[19:39:53] <ana> anto: pasa el logo y lo ponemos
[19:40:03] <anto> ok, envío el logo
[19:40:14] <gwolf> anto says fundecyt will also be a DebConf sponsor, although the exact "how" is not yet specified.
[19:40:15] <moray> gwolf: *some* letter is useful/important, to show it's a real conference etc.
[19:40:19] <gwolf> he will send the logo.
[19:40:25] <ana> we need to put anto's work as ssupport sponsor
[19:40:30] <ana> so he is sending the logo
[19:40:38] <anto> es mejor esperar a la Junta, esto lo tienen k hacer ellos y no kieron k se enfaden
[19:40:40] <gwolf> moray: Agree - ana added that some people need the letter also to get the permission/money from their boss/university
[19:40:42] <ana> gwolf: suport
[19:40:47] <moray> gwolf: but I've been worried for a while about how it will work getting the Junta to do it, especially when people suddenly ask for one later on
[19:40:52] <MrBeige> #info anto's work will also be a debconf sponsor - details later
[19:40:52] <gwolf> ana: ok
[19:40:54] <ana> anto: ok
[19:41:06] <ana> anto: algun detalle que consideres importante por ahi?
[19:41:13] <gwolf> anto says: It's better to wait for the Junta, that should ideally be done by them and I don't want them to be angry
[19:41:15] <anto> sobre este tema nada mas
[19:41:17] <MrBeige> #action ok, so summary here is that visa letters need more discussion - continue it on-list
[19:41:27] <ana> i have asked him if he does know any detail more we should know
[19:41:30] <ana> anto: gracias!
[19:41:30] <gwolf> anto... Pero... Si se siguen demorando, no es que se enfaden, es que resulta contraproducente! :(
[19:41:34] <MrBeige> or can we come to an agreement right now ?
[19:41:34] <ana> MrBeige: next point
[19:41:36] <Ganneff> no matter if they get angry, if they cant do it this week we need a different way
[19:41:46] <Kinnison> I need to vanish, is there any more scheduling stuff or can I vanish? I am being summoned :-(
[19:41:48] * gwolf said: If they are still delaying, it's not that they get angry, is that they end up working against us
[19:41:50] <MrBeige> #topic set dates for reconfirmation
[19:41:57] <ana> personal: i think we should send the invitation in our way and if we get after the junta ones, well, better
[19:41:59] <Ganneff> and this way should be .es based, otherwise what is a visa helpong letter worth if its from a random place in the world?
[19:42:05] <MrBeige>
[19:42:07] <moray> Ganneff: indeed
[19:42:24] <moray> Ganneff: originally, that should have been the .es local organisation
[19:42:37] <MrBeige> *: what dates are good for this? someone decide...
[19:43:04] <Ganneff> reconfirmation should start soon and end 2 til 4 weeks before dc9, i think.
[19:43:06] <MrBeige> what is usually done for reconf ?
[19:43:10] <MrBeige> ok
[19:43:15] <marga> June 15th ?
[19:43:16] <ana> we have people depending on travel sponsorship
[19:43:32] <Ganneff> ana: well. we do it like in the past. we always had this "problem"
[19:43:33] <moray> ana: well, even by previous years that won't work
[19:43:52] <marga> ana: in the past, we've asked them to reconfirm if they were sure they'd come in case they were sponsored
[19:43:54] <moray> ana: I mean, if they *really* need the money for travel, getting it a while after DebConf won't work for them
[19:44:01] <Ganneff> especially as we never know if we can sponsor those people until usually way after reconfirm
[19:44:04] <ana> Ganneff: moray: yes, but we can work on the "possibility" of sponsorship part already
[19:44:16] <moray> Ganneff: exactly
[19:44:17] <ana> aka the queue
[19:44:27] <MrBeige> ok
[19:44:29] <Ganneff> with the current "hickup" i wouldnt bet on *any* money for anyone until debconf starts and we see how it really stands
[19:44:36] <Ganneff> sure we will have the queue much earlier
[19:44:36] <ana> also, i am concerned for people who did not choose any "category" in penta
[19:44:48] <MrBeige> so, dates ?
[19:44:53] <MrBeige> or postpone deciding for later ?
[19:44:54] <Ganneff> im just waiting for answer from my other two team members before approaching the rest...
[19:44:57] <ana> some people are not: independent, corportate or whatever
[19:45:06] <Ganneff> MrBeige: start mid mai, end mid june
[19:45:12] <gwolf> Ganneff: Has there been any hiccup-less years so far? :-}
[19:45:20] <MrBeige> is that agreed with what Ganneff says ?
[19:45:28] <Hydroxide> gwolf: there have been hiccup-fewer years.
[19:45:28] <marga> ana: do you oppose to June 15th ?
[19:45:29] <MrBeige> (any objections?)
[19:45:31] <Ganneff> gwolf: not with such sick messages this years local team comes up
[19:45:32] <moray> however long before it was previous years...
[19:45:33] <Kinnison> Okay, I have to vanish, if anyone has any scheduling team bits, please be sure to email me. Ganneff: I got your mail
[19:45:35] <ana> MrBeige: i think it is too late
[19:45:46] <gwolf> Hydroxide: Agree... But there are always problems with _something_
[19:45:47] <ana> marga: i think it is too late
[19:45:50] <moray> Kinnison: I'm sure we can do it by mail if neeeded
[19:45:51] * Hydroxide nods at gwolf
[19:45:54] <gwolf> Anyway, I agree with the assessment...
[19:46:03] <MrBeige> Ganneff/ana: is may 15-june15 too late ?
[19:46:10] <Ganneff> no. ending is fine. imo
[19:46:21] <marga> ana: May 31st sounds too soon for me. I think a lot of people will reconfirm and then de-register.
[19:46:31] <Ganneff> ay.
[19:46:35] <ana> i will do "soft" and "hard"
[19:46:44] <MrBeige> #info current proposal for reconfirmation is may 15 - june 15, will discuss more later
[19:46:45] <ana> soft until 1 June, and hard from 1 to 15
[19:46:50] <Ganneff> huh?
[19:46:55] <ana> soft: people do in penta
[19:46:58] <Ganneff> what soft/hard?
[19:47:01] <MrBeige> #topic travel sponsorship - people who didn't fill in amount requested by the deadline
[19:47:01] <ana> hard: they can not change, we do
[19:47:07] <ana> or something like that
[19:47:11] <Ganneff> umm.
[19:47:12] <MrBeige> we should move on to have this end on time
[19:47:15] <Ganneff> not sure that works out
[19:47:26] <ana> ok, then 7th June?
[19:47:40] <Ganneff> MrBeige: no, lets finish one topic, for once. :)
[19:47:45] <MrBeige> is 7th june deadline for reconf agreed on then ?
[19:47:46] <Ganneff> i can live with 7th.
[19:47:47] <Ganneff> marga?
[19:47:54] <marga> Ganneff: yeah
[19:47:55] <moray> MrBeige: I think there's an obvious reason for being late in the meeting today
[19:47:59] * h01ger nods
[19:48:07] <ana> my rationale is we could need extra beds...
[19:48:09] <Ganneff> ok. fine. so 7th june will end reconfirm.
[19:48:10] <schultmc> june 7th is fine w/ me
[19:48:12] <MrBeige> #agreed reconf deadline -- will be june 7th
[19:48:17] * gwolf does not care for meetings finishing tight on schedule... better to sort out what's needed!
[19:48:20] <Ganneff> and start may 15th
[19:48:29] <ana> yes, 15th may is fine
[19:48:34] <MrBeige> #agreed reconf period starts on may 15th
[19:48:46] <MrBeige> woo! we made an agreement!
[19:48:46] <Ganneff> people who didnt fill in money values on time should be shot. and ignored, unless they have *GOOD* reasons.
[19:48:48] <Ganneff> imo
[19:49:06] <moray> Ganneff: I don't think we were clear that the money value was compulsary by the deadline
[19:49:06] <MrBeige> other opinions? who thinks they should be accommodated ?
[19:49:10] <ana> my proposal is put then on the end of the queue
[19:49:10] <moray> we were clear previous years, not this time
[19:49:11] <Ganneff> its not like its invisble. and its not like, if you want/need something, you shouldntopen your exyes.
[19:49:28] <ana> Ganneff: yes, but they reason to "tight" prices is ok
[19:49:29] <moray> Ganneff: where did we say about the amount being needed before the deadline?
[19:49:36] <Ganneff> and putting them on end of queue most certainly means we promise them something they wont get anyways cos we dont have the money (most likely)
[19:49:40] <ana> some people just asked for a bunch of money insteas, with i do not think is a good idea either
[19:49:40] <Ganneff> so getting up false hopes.
[19:49:41] <moray> Ganneff: I couldn't find anything when I looked at this year's message
[19:49:45] <MrBeige> #info some people think we should be firm on sponsorship amounts, however, some people think we weren't very clear on ito
[19:49:53] <Noodles> If we can't meet all sponsorship requests then putting badly filled out requests on the end of the queue seems reasonable to me.
[19:50:07] <marga> Yes, me too
[19:50:10] <Ganneff> moray: you have to register. to register you have to fill out data. if you want travel sponsorship it should be more than common sense/clear that you have to fillout THAT data too
[19:50:16] <marga> Ganneff: it's better than not giving anything.
[19:50:25] <gwolf> We have used thresholds in the past, tellling people "you are in the queue but will probably get nothing"
[19:50:41] <moray> Ganneff: if you'd never come to DebConf/got conf. sponsorship before, it might not be obvious
[19:50:44] <ana> so people who asks a lot of money is better than people who waitd because they want to ask for a fair amount?
[19:50:45] <Ganneff> gwolf: thats what will happen to all those people here too.
[19:50:56] <moray> anyway, maybe we'll have *no* travel sponsorship
[19:50:57] <Ganneff> but fine, if you really insist. i think i made my position clear. :)
[19:51:01] <moray> which would make this a pointless discussion
[19:51:05] <marga> Ganneff: we haven't yet had the evaluation meetings and so on. I think it's reasonable to allow corrections, with corresponding changes in priority
[19:51:16] <marga> moray: it doesn't look that way
[19:51:22] <Ganneff> marga: so why do we ever set deadlines? :)
[19:51:33] <gwolf> Ganneff: That's what I say - We should inform them as much as possible (i.e. "you are in position 55, we have money to cover up to position 16, and need ?5000 to get to your level" or so)
[19:51:36] <moray> I definitely don't think we should ignore the deadline
[19:51:50] <ana> they did it inside the deadline, they did not put the amount because they dd not know
[19:51:51] <moray> but I could understand if we tell people with zero there, "please fill it in *today*"
[19:51:52] <Ganneff> gwolf: we ainformed people about their queue position in the past..
[19:51:59] <marga> Ganneff: it means that those who screwed up get de-prioritized. But we give them a little extra time to correct mistakes.
[19:52:07] <gwolf> Ganneff: Yup - I'm rehashing it so we don't forget to do it this time.
[19:52:14] <Ganneff> and i already said - if you insist, fine, do it.
[19:52:17] <moray> people with other problems/who didn't apply yet -- that's their fault
[19:52:23] <MrBeige> can people give a -2,-1,0,+1,+2 on "accomodate people who didn't fill out sponsirship amounts", to tri to come to agreement ?
[19:52:26] <moray> but a personal message to people with zero seems fair to me
[19:52:31] <ana> honestly, if it were not my first debconf, i would find the whole process and penta instructions totally confusing
[19:52:41] <ana> because it is
[19:52:47] <Hydroxide> ana: s/if it were not/if it were/
[19:52:52] <ana> Hydroxide: :)
[19:52:58] <Ganneff> .oO(we are a conference for computer people. i expect them to be able to grasp more than the average user) :)
[19:53:00] <Hydroxide> but, yes, i agree it's confusing
[19:53:01] <Noodles> ana: But you can ask before the deadlines come up.
[19:53:09] <Ganneff> that too.
[19:53:12] <marga> MrBeige: I give a +2 to: "Allow people who didn't fill in an amount to fill it in by May 1st. Those people get de-prioritized to the end of the queue"
[19:53:14] <ana> Noodles: that was not clear in penta
[19:53:17] <Ganneff> anyway, fine. lets do this and go on. no need to discuss it to death
[19:53:20] <MrBeige> I also think that some peolpe, if you were active working with us before, then we'll be slightly more accomodating
[19:53:27] <ana> only "i ask travel sponsorship"
[19:53:33] <Hydroxide> that said, I'm happy to let the rest of y'all decide thi issue...
[19:53:46] <moray> ana: and we said they needed dates ... but didn't state they needed the amount
[19:53:59] <Ganneff> anyway, fine. lets do this and go on. no need to discuss it to death
[19:54:05] <moray> ana: because we mentioned they needed to fill in the dates, they might have thought the other fields *weren't* needed yet
[19:54:06] <ana> i am more pissed out for people asking A LOT OF money
[19:54:11] <moray> ah
[19:54:12] <MrBeige> so how about we let people fill it in late, and the allocation team can decide, with the understanding that it'll most likely mean they don't get any? is this ok ?
[19:54:13] <Ganneff> mr.chair please.
[19:54:16] <ana> moray: yes
[19:54:22] <Ganneff> yes
[19:54:43] <ana> MrBeige: i had the hope of deciding it here, so this info was public
[19:54:44] <MrBeige> #agreed sort-of agreed: how about we let people fill it in late, and the allocation team can decide, with the understanding that it'll most likely mean they don't get any.
[19:54:45] <marga> MrBeige: yes. But only till May 1sr
[19:54:56] <MrBeige> #agreed but deadline is may 1st to re-fill it in
[19:55:00] <Ganneff> MrBeige: just write it as agreed please.
[19:55:02] <ana> and you could point people: we decided this in the orga meeting, sorry.
[19:55:03] <MrBeige> who announces this to the list ?
[19:55:04] <Ganneff> its not worth discussing anymore
[19:55:07] <moray> yes, if it's a special message to people with zero
[19:55:11] <moray> MrBeige: no, it should not be the list, IMO
[19:55:15] <moray> MrBeige: a direct message
[19:55:22] <moray> otherwise everyone will want a new deadline
[19:55:25] <MrBeige> #info announce this via direct messages
[19:55:28] <MrBeige> ok
[19:55:28] <Ganneff> yes. whoever volunteers to mail them, contact me to get the list of people
[19:55:31] <marga> Ganneff: can you give me a csv of the people in this situation?
[19:55:39] <marga> I volunteer :)
[19:55:40] <MrBeige> #topic booth at OpenDay for what sponsor categories ?
[19:55:43] <Ganneff> marga: remind me after meeting please.
[19:55:46] <marga> Ganneff: ok
[19:56:26] <gwolf> marga: Maybe include also people with values that are outstanding? (i.e. people who apparently got it wrong, requesting 1/10th of their travel value, or requesting over $3000 or so, we always have several such cases)
[19:56:37] <MrBeige> new topic
[19:56:41] <Ganneff> gwolf: stop. :)
[19:56:44] <MrBeige> booths at OpenDay
[19:56:49] * gwolf stops
[19:56:55] <MrBeige> what price?
[19:57:12] <Ganneff> 3 million dollars.
[19:57:14] <marga> Well, I had already stated that I consider that the sensible thing to do is charge whatever Spanish conferences charge.
[19:57:22] <MrBeige> who knows what that price is ?
[19:57:25] <marga> And have it be COMPLETELY apart from sponsoring.
[19:57:29] <marga> ana: do you know?
[19:57:38] <MrBeige> I like marga's idea
[19:57:39] <moray> marga: sure, sounds sensible
[19:57:44] <ana> moray: i can find out
[19:57:44] <MrBeige> but maybe say, a high enough sponsor gets it free
[19:57:47] <marga> ana: if you don't, do you know who could know?
[19:57:50] <ana> marga: i can find out
[19:57:55] <gwolf> There are all sorts of conferences... Does Hispalinux or so have booths?
[19:57:58] <ana> gwolf: no
[19:58:04] <moray> a commercial conference rate
[19:58:06] <ana> both usually here are not very popular
[19:58:07] <gwolf> we cannot charge what a enterprise-minded conference charges
[19:58:11] <Noodles> Do we think we'll get people wanting to buy a booth that wouldn't consider sponsoring DebConf?
[19:58:11] <moray> not a hobbyist conference one
[19:58:14] <marga> MrBeige: sure, let's say Gold and Platinum get it free... In my experience, they won't use it.
[19:58:20] <MrBeige> so we need two decisions, everyone say their thoughts: a) price of a booth b) what sponsor level gets a free both ?
[19:58:21] <ana> but i will find out about latest hispalinux's conference in caceres
[19:58:41] <marga> Noodles: that was the case last year.
[19:58:43] <ana> it is one day, right?
[19:58:51] <MrBeige> a) price of a booth b) what sponsor level gets a free both ?
[19:58:58] <ana> and we put the "booth"?
[19:58:58] <marga> ana: yes
[19:59:00] <Noodles> marga: Fair enough. In that case charge away. :)
[19:59:16] <MrBeige> want to decide "price of booth" = whatever typical spanish booth is, won't be decided now
[19:59:16] <ana> the booth usually are more pain than good, but well
[19:59:22] <marga> MrBeige: a) I'd like ana to find out first b) Gold + Platinum
[19:59:27] <MrBeige> b) gold + platinum
[19:59:44] <MrBeige> ok
[20:00:04] <marga> Sledge, h01ger: any points on this?
[20:00:11] <ana> FWIW, in spain usually are called "stands"
[20:00:12] <MrBeige> #agreed booth cost typical spanish conf cost (will be researched later), but free for gold+platinum sponsors
[20:00:21] <MrBeige> #topic recommended list of hotels, etc
[20:00:24] <ana> (just in ase you see the english word and get confused)
[20:00:42] <moray> ana: in the UK they're usually called stands
[20:00:54] <MrBeige> all we can realyl do on this point is to appoint someone to make the list
[20:00:56] <MrBeige> who wants to ?
[20:00:58] <ana> local sponsors would want something ike:
[20:01:06] <ana> and *we* have to pay that structure
[20:01:06] <MrBeige> new topic
[20:01:13] <Noodles> Presumably the list of hotels changes as the venue has changed.
[20:01:15] * gwolf wonders... If a booth costs $x and there is a $x sponsor level - shouldn't the booth "purchaser" be awarded said sponsor level right away?
[20:01:25] <ana> Noodles: now all the hotels are far from the venue
[20:01:38] <Noodles> Joy.
[20:01:47] <gwolf> ana: That structure is (in .mx) rented for ~US$100 per day... So, yes, add US$100 to my $x inmy previous line
[20:01:57] <Noodles> Do we have enough beds for sponsored people? I counted 214, but saw a suggestion of 328 attendees?
[20:02:08] <MrBeige> new topic
[20:02:14] <moray> and the 'far' residence becomes the 'slightly less far' one
[20:02:14] <MrBeige> hotel list
[20:02:22] <ana> Noodles: MrBeige added that to "other stuff" point
[20:02:29] <Noodles> IT ties into the hotel stuff IMO.
[20:02:47] <MrBeige> let's make a short list of: a) a cheap hotel b) a medium hotel, c) a fancy hotel
[20:02:57] <MrBeige> but we can't do this now
[20:03:00] <moray> (let's, but not in the meeting)
[20:03:12] <gwolf> cek, anto: You are still here? ( siguen por aquí/ )
[20:03:17] <cek> yes
[20:03:18] <MrBeige> who shall take charge of this? kicking it to the localteam isn't the best idea
[20:03:27] <MrBeige> but maybe that's all we can do
[20:03:39] <marga> cek: can you propose someone from Caceres to make a list of possible hotels?
[20:03:40] <gwolf> cek: Could you push somebody to do this list MrBeige says?
[20:03:51] <marga> cek: someone who's not you nor anto, but who will reply.
[20:04:00] <MrBeige> cek: < MrBeige> let's make a short list of: a) a cheap hotel b) a medium hotel, c) a fancy hotel
[20:04:21] <cek> I can do so
[20:04:35] <cek> by the end of the week
[20:04:36] <MrBeige> (we'll also have a big list of lots of other options, in case someone needs that)
[20:04:39] <moray> ok -- please do that and send to the mailing list?
[20:04:40] <cek> I will send an email
[20:04:48] <cek> on Friday probably
[20:05:03] <MrBeige> #action cek handles making a list of hotels
[20:05:05] <cek> let me call during the week
[20:05:18] <MrBeige> #info a short list of: a) a cheap hotel b) a medium hotel, c) a fancy hotel so attendees can cluster together
[20:05:49] <MrBeige> #topic Do we have enough beds for sponsored people? I counted 214, but saw a suggestion of 328 attendees?
[20:06:00] <MrBeige> cek: any thoughts on this point ?
[20:06:01] <moray> some of those will cancel later
[20:06:05] <ana> so anto has told me we could look at rest another residence
[20:06:26] <Noodles> As well or instead?
[20:06:39] <cek> we have to see if we can use another residence, camping, whatever
[20:06:44] <ana> but nothing sure in this point, but all you that have google about residences in caceres nos there are more students recisende in the city...
[20:06:44] <Noodles> Also, is it decided which residence is the hack lab?
[20:06:46] <cek> hotels would be more expensive
[20:06:59] <moray> Noodles: it was the one next to the venue
[20:07:01] <MrBeige> moray: enough to get down low enough where we could fit them in what we have now ?
[20:07:02] <ana> cek: youtgh hostel?
[20:07:06] <ana> youth*
[20:07:07] <moray> now the other might make more sense?
[20:07:12] <moray> as it's nearer to the hospital?
[20:07:15] <moray> and in the centre of town?
[20:07:23] <cek> ana, could be
[20:07:29] <ana> moray: i think all the lodging is now FAR from the venue
[20:07:38] <moray> ana: sure
[20:07:42] <cek> yes, everything is far now
[20:07:43] <ana> so.. it is not longer important :( just need it cheap
[20:07:49] <gwolf> ana: Youth hostels are usually easier to find in more... touristic cities...
[20:07:57] <ana> gwolf: there is a small one in caceres
[20:07:59] <gwolf> I don't expect many hostels in Cáceres
[20:08:01] <cek> more touristic? lol
[20:08:04] <ana> and caceres is a touristic city
[20:08:08] <ana> all extremadura is
[20:08:14] <gwolf> oh, sorry.. didn't think so
[20:08:27] <MrBeige> so we can find overflow housing ?
[20:08:32] <MrBeige> how much notice do we need for this ?
[20:08:39] <MrBeige> like, can it be done one month in advance ?
[20:08:47] <cek> sure
[20:08:49] <cek> it can be done
[20:08:59] <cek> otherwise we can use hotels
[20:09:06] <moray> we can't pay for that though
[20:09:06] <ana> cek: but we can not afford hotels
[20:09:09] <Ganneff> when we find someone to pay for them
[20:09:09] <ana> from the debian POV
[20:09:12] <cek> there are plenty of beds in Cáceres
[20:09:20] <ana> and i have seen a lot of events in summer in Caceres
[20:09:24] <moray> maybe we need to just decide we only sponsor the fixed amount of accommodation?
[20:09:25] <ana> courses, meetings, etc
[20:09:28] <cek> ana, so some people would have to pay if they want to come
[20:09:29] <MrBeige> #info we can find overflow housing if we need to, on a short notice (1 month) (says localteam -- what guarentees do we have on this ?)
[20:09:33] <cek> we do not have a lot of sponsors...
[20:09:33] <Hydroxide> we have been told "sure" / "it can be done" about many things before
[20:09:34] <moray> or some fixsed amount at least
[20:09:41] <Hydroxide> and many of them are no longer happening
[20:10:28] <Ganneff> so. next?
[20:10:37] <MrBeige> #topic any other business
[20:10:42] <MrBeige> was there anything else ?
[20:11:00] <MrBeige> how should we handle the local-venue and team situations ?
[20:11:17] <moray> did we get any explanation of how these emails to local helpers got lost?
[20:11:19] <cek> Hydroxide, everything will be done, but there are a lot of problems, like the f.... money
[20:11:26] <cek> this year is hard as hell
[20:11:37] <MrBeige> I think waiting for these global meetings to get all local info isn't the best
[20:11:52] <moray> no, I'd rather an email had been sent for this news earlier
[20:11:58] <marga> MrBeige: I sent mail to the localteam mailing list, and got no reply
[20:12:06] <marga> moray: it was done
[20:12:06] <MrBeige> perhaps we can get the best updates on the mailing list in advance ?
[20:12:09] <MrBeige> yes
[20:12:15] <moray> marga: I mean, about the venue problems
[20:12:26] <moray> marga: I saw *your* email, and the lack of reply
[20:12:35] <MrBeige> #agreed we'll try to get advance updates on the localteam mailing list, in order to make these meeting go smoothly
[20:12:41] <MrBeige> #topic next meeting
[20:13:21] <MrBeige> we should discuss not only when next, but if should be a "global team" meeting just like this, or perhaps have a sooner meeting for local updates
[20:13:39] <MrBeige> but that spawns more and more meetings which is never fun
[20:14:00] <MrBeige> what about a) localteam meeting in one week b) full global meeting in two weeks ?
[20:14:00] <ana> uhm, we did not talk about the sponsorship/papers teams and when is the meeting?
[20:14:02] <marga> Yes
[20:14:05] <marga> localmeeting in spanish
[20:14:15] <marga> Only Spanish, then we send minutes in English
[20:14:24] <MrBeige> marga: is one week a good time for that ?
[20:14:25] <cek> ok MrBeige
[20:14:31] <MrBeige> cek: --^
[20:14:42] <moray> can we get photos/any extra details about now?
[20:14:43] <ana> anto: vamos a hacer un meeting en español, vale?
[20:14:46] <cek> marga, I agree
[20:14:54] <marga> MrBeige: it's ok for me.
[20:14:56] <moray> we really need to check for any potential big problems with this new venue
[20:14:57] <MrBeige> ana: I think those teams should create separate meetings sometime, at least for implementation details
[20:14:58] <Ganneff> ana: i mentioned that back then :)
[20:15:06] <marga> anto, cek: el lunes que viene, puede ser?
[20:15:07] <anto> ok, si, es necesario
[20:15:07] <Ganneff> ana: both are in preparation
[20:15:09] <moray> we can't just assume it's all fine, when we spent months checking stuff about previous ones
[20:15:10] <MrBeige> and everyone is OK with a global team meeting in two weeks ?
[20:15:20] <Sledge> ack
[20:15:28] <Noodles> 11th May?
[20:15:31] <MrBeige> #agreed localteam meeting (in spanish) in one week at 19UTC, global team meeting in two weeks at 19UTC
[20:15:43] <Ganneff> MrBeige: write out dates please.
[20:15:43] <ana> Ganneff: i do wonder about the teams first :)
[20:15:44] <cek> mmm, marga, I am in Madrid, not sure if I will have wifi there...
[20:15:51] <MrBeige> #agreed localteam: 4 may, globalteam: 11may
[20:15:59] <cek> i will be back on the 13th
[20:16:07] <cek> ups, sorry
[20:16:07] <moray> cek: I'm sure Madrid has at least one cybercafe
[20:16:07] <MrBeige> cek: when do you leave for madrid ?
[20:16:10] <ana> cek: marga: we can discuss the localteam details in the localteam mailing list
[20:16:13] <anto> ok for me
[20:16:19] <cek> next week is ok for me
[20:16:27] <cek> I meant in two weeks
[20:16:38] <MrBeige> cek: can you get internet connection in madrid ?
[20:16:46] <cek> moray, yes, but I have a formal dinner, hard to be connected there
[20:16:49] * gwolf acks
[20:17:00] <moray> MrBeige: no, Madrid has no internet
[20:17:14] <MrBeige> moray: oh noes
[20:17:19] <Noodles> Good job we're not having DebConf there.
[20:17:24] <Ganneff> now. end?
[20:17:30] <gwolf> cek: It can be at a different time, so you can be there?
[20:17:32] <MrBeige> there don't seem to be major objections to the proposed meeting dates
[20:17:41] <cek> MrBeige, I leave on the 10th and on the 13th I am back
[20:17:44] * gwolf thinks cek's presence is important
[20:18:04] <cek> not sure if I have dinners, and other stuff during those days
[20:18:05] <marga> Ok, so the 4th is fine
[20:18:14] <MrBeige> cek: would may 13th at 19 UTC work ?
[20:18:15] <gwolf> cek: At which _time_ would it be easiest for you to attend on the 11th?
[20:18:33] <MrBeige> yes, same question as gwolf
[20:18:52] <cek> on the 11th? probably not able to connect
[20:18:58] <gwolf> cek: We are at a stage where local information is vital.
[20:18:59] <cek> no matter which time
[20:19:07] <moray> gwolf: can we *add* a meeting if we need it?
[20:19:22] <moray> gwolf: we can do that closer to the time, when cek will know his plans better
[20:19:28] <marga> Well, if we have a local meeting next week, I guess we can handle no cek on the other week.
[20:19:35] <gwolf> ok, right.
[20:19:46] <gwolf> But we should then plan having the info without cek :)
[20:19:48] <MrBeige> #info we might re-schedule the 11th may meeting as time gets closer, so cek can make it ... or not, we'll see
[20:20:00] <MrBeige> #info plus, we *will* get details on the mailing list beforehand
[20:20:07] <moray> gwolf: well, they should send it by email before
[20:20:09] <MrBeige> #topic speak up or meeting endsss
[20:20:14] <MrBeige> -ss
[20:20:27] <MrBeige> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at