20:00:33 <darst> #startmeeting DebConf11 organizational meeting
20:00:33 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Jan 25 20:00:33 2011 UTC.  The chair is darst. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:00:33 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
20:00:43 <zlatan> I am a debian user from Banja Luka..student ;)
20:00:55 <darst> hi everyone
20:01:03 <moray> darst: though maybe get other new people to wave first anyway
20:01:10 <moray> zlatan: (hi!)
20:01:17 <darst> everyone say hi and introduce yourselves
20:01:19 <zlatan> moray:hi
20:01:29 <darst> i'm darst, I sent out mails about this meeting, been helping since DC9
20:02:06 <darst> #chair moray
20:02:06 <MeetBot> Current chairs: darst moray
20:02:10 <zlatan> i'm zlatan..found this list and i am from city where DC11 will be held
20:02:43 <darst> moray: ok, sure, let's start with local
20:02:44 <moray> hi, I'm Moray, organised DebConf7 and involved each year from before that until now (attended since DebConf3)
20:03:11 <gwolf> hi. I am Gunnar Wolf. I have (mostly) been part of DC orga teams since DebConf5, attended since DC3 as well
20:03:16 <AbsintheSyringe> zlatan, please send your introduction to local team list, it's quite odd to have someone at a meeting from local team that I have noting about
20:03:28 <AbsintheSyringe> now we're all going to introduce ourselves? :D
20:03:29 <darst> I know there are others here... new people... hi everyone
20:03:39 <vedran_omeragic> I'm Vedran, part of dc11 local team.
20:03:49 <darst> #topic About helping with DebConf
20:03:55 <darst> (people can keep introducing)
20:04:08 <darst> moray: speak up anytime
20:04:15 * e1th0r I'm Hector Colina from venezuela, latin american debian activist, participant in severals debconfs
20:04:21 <darst> so, DebConf is a big operation and needs lots of help
20:04:36 <darst> and we'd like new people to be able to help
20:04:51 <moray> Like most parts of Debian, the typical way to get involved in DebConf is simply to jump in and start helping with work -- this meeting is an opportunity to get teams started, though, and make getting involved easier
20:05:12 * leogg from the Nicaragua DC12 bid team... looking forward to meet you all in DC11 and see where I can be useful
20:05:17 <darst> we have a big list of different teams, and would like to get people involved in them
20:05:28 <muammar> hi. I am muammar, DD. I have attended Debconf7 and Debconf8. I'd like to help this time
20:05:33 <kanru> hi. I am Kan-Ru Chen. I saw darst's mail and thought if I can help something. I've no DC experiences though
20:05:42 <moray> yes, it might look big and scary, but that's because it's split up into compact units of what needs done
20:05:44 * h01ger waves and apologies for not really being here, i'll be back, have fun!
20:05:47 <darst> it's my desire to have a few new people on each team, and a at least one experienced person on each team to provide advice on past years
20:05:54 * brother- would be translated to Martin Bagge, swedish origin. visited dc10 and will probably go to dc11 and if so try to help out
20:06:00 <n0rman> Im Norman,  Nicaraguan Team, first time here :) and i hope to help DC11
20:06:12 <AbsintheSyringe> if everyone's doing it, I'm Adnan DebConf11 main organizer and local team leader :)
20:06:13 <zlatan> darst:I just jumped in list...but I can help DC until June... anything at all
20:06:16 * AbsintheSyringe waves :)
20:06:16 * an3as = Andreas Tille
20:06:27 <darst> some of the teams are more locally orinted, and you can't do much on them until DebConf starts unless you are local - but once DebConf starts, they will need lots of helping hands to do things
20:06:36 <moray> zlatan: right, helping with DebConf is the best way to learn how to run a future DebConf!
20:06:37 <AbsintheSyringe> zlatan, for starters introduce yourself to local team #debconf11-bosnia
20:06:48 * faw == Felipe Augusto van de Wiel, from Brazil, helping since DebConf6
20:06:54 <moray> er, that was for nomadium
20:07:00 <moray> er, n0rman
20:07:01 <darst> the global tasks are mostly to be done before debconf, and everyone can help with
20:07:15 <moray> (irssi completion doesn't automatically do leet-speak?)
20:07:37 <nomadium> Hi, I'm Miguel Landaeta from Venezuela. Informal contributor and packager. I have never been in a DebConf. I would like to attend and help.
20:07:40 <darst> though some global tasks deal with personal information about attendees, and thus a certain level of trust within Debian is important
20:08:00 <darst> (and thus are better suited to experinced debian members)
20:08:09 * Caroll , from Brazil, wants to help in DC11 :)
20:08:12 * dkg is Daniel Kahn Gillmor, currently in NYC, i helped out with DC10.  i'm hoping to make it to banja luka
20:08:34 <moray> you can also learn about what some of the teams do by reading http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Jobs
20:08:44 <darst> #link http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Jobs
20:08:57 <jaqm> Hi all, I'm Jose Antonio Quevedo, debian user since 5 years, I've attended DC's since DC9
20:09:13 <joeyh> is Joey Hess, I did some DebConfNewbies work for DC10 unaffiliated with the DebConf team and am still interested in finding ways for getting more 1st time attendees to DebConf
20:09:39 <e1th0r> jeje
20:09:42 <moray> most DebConf-organising discussion happens on the debconf-team list, so it's a good idea to subscribe if you haven't already
20:09:50 <darst> joeyh: awesome, if there is anything we can do to help, just ask / let us know
20:10:03 <moray> #link http://lists.debconf.org/mailman/listinfo/debconf-team
20:10:04 <darst> #info debconf-team list is important to be on: http://lists.debconf.org/mailman/listinfo/debconf-team
20:10:31 <darst> moray: let's start with global / local teams, then local sub-teams, and then global sub-teams.  does that sound good ?
20:10:34 <moray> there is also a 'localteam' list each year, and some separate lists for specific things like video
20:10:43 <moray> darst: sure
20:10:51 <darst> #topic "Global team"
20:11:13 <moray> "global" team and "local" team is DebConf jargon
20:11:21 <darst> I guess on the teams list this is sort of misnamed... everyone in this channel is on the "global team"
20:11:25 <moray> which kind of relates to two separate things
20:11:39 <moray> one is that "local" people are those who live near the venue, "global" is everyone else
20:12:08 <darst> but this list item referrs mostly to those who try to make sure nothing gets forgotten, and can accept complaints/comments from the outside and see to it that they get handled by the right peolpe
20:12:09 <moray> the other aspect is that "local" focus on local arrangements while "global" focus on things that can be done from anywhere
20:12:29 <moray> but you can have "local" people on "global" teams, and "global" people helping out with "local" tasks
20:12:49 <darst> Since moray and I are running this meeting, we are probably your most important peolpe there
20:13:32 <darst> #info moray / darst "global team", you can direct questions, comments, complaints to them and they make sure things don't get forgotten
20:13:45 <darst> but of course, you can go to anyone for help / advice
20:14:06 <moray> for completeness, the *other* DebConf jargon use is that "global" meetings are for everyone and all issues, "local" meetings only for "local" work
20:14:23 <darst> Ganneff and schultmc run the debconf infrasttructure (lists / pentabarf / video team relays / etc)
20:14:46 <darst> #info Ganneff and schultmc (and h01ger) are the currently the most active machine admins
20:15:01 <darst> anything else here?
20:15:32 <darst> #topic local team
20:15:39 <moray> while I'm explaining stuff: also note that some jobs start from now, while other jobs have little to do until much nearer the conference -- and some others are at dates between
20:16:30 <darst> AbsintheSyringe: who are the most important local peolpe for making sure things aren't forgotten and taking comments from the outside ?
20:17:13 <AbsintheSyringe> myself, vedran_omeragic, (velimir) his missing and EnisDonKing at the moment at least
20:17:30 <AbsintheSyringe> could I report the status of what's happening right now and what we are working on as a local team?
20:17:54 <darst> a report isn't necessary right now, but you should update us on the lists
20:18:05 <AbsintheSyringe> k, that works as well
20:18:10 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: well, we don't want to delay the meeting just now with actual status -- about how many people do you have as "local team" so far, though?
20:18:15 <darst> #topic Local tasks
20:18:44 <AbsintheSyringe> I'd say about 15 to 20
20:18:59 <darst> The local tasks here, so far, are things to be set up before peolpe arrive
20:19:00 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: normally you need to start poking local team members around this time, to get people who promised to help to actually start work :)
20:19:02 <jimbodooors> I'm Eduardo, Nicaragua Team, and i hope to help DC11
20:19:03 <AbsintheSyringe> with the ones I mentioned above being the most important ones
20:19:05 <edgar> hi, im jergas, aka edgar becerra, i helped with the mexican debconf and resurfaced last year in new york, this will be my first debconf which involves a plane ticket
20:19:08 <aroundthfur> hi, sorry im late
20:19:29 <AbsintheSyringe> vedran_omeragic, maybe we should start poking them with todo list?
20:19:32 <darst> but once DebConf starts, there will be a meeting and everyone should attend that to provide on-site helping hands
20:19:33 <AbsintheSyringe> on our local team
20:19:34 <AbsintheSyringe> list
20:19:47 <darst> #topic travel team
20:20:17 <darst> listed on website right now is: Vedran Omeragic and Velimir Iveljic
20:20:34 <aroundthfur> that's me
20:20:41 <moray> this is "Coordinating arrivals/departures, finding best routes, mapping...
20:20:41 <AbsintheSyringe> I'm helping each team so I didn't put my name anywhere, but I'm in there as well
20:20:56 <darst> it's this team's job to basically make sure that people can get to and from the venue safely and with low stress
20:21:00 <moray> (not 'travel sponsorship/bursaries', in case anyone's confused)
20:21:19 <AbsintheSyringe> we have this handled, we just didn't report to anyone yet :)
20:21:22 <moray> this year this may have extra work, as there are plans for buses etc. :)
20:21:28 <AbsintheSyringe> yes
20:21:31 <AbsintheSyringe> plan is to
20:21:38 <darst> who should we poke / prod on IRC and the lists for status updates here?
20:21:47 <darst> and who else wants to help?
20:21:48 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: so are those the names you expected to be there?  (Vedran/Velimir)
20:21:51 <AbsintheSyringe> have organized buses to pick people up from airports in Zagreb and Sarajevo at the peak when everyone's getting to Debconf/Debcamp
20:21:58 <aroundthfur> dam, vedran_omeragic and me
20:22:10 <vedran_omeragic> moray, darst, we're working on mapping the area, we are monitoring visa/customs law... As for actual routes, it still too early to
20:22:11 <darst> AbsintheSyringe: this isn't about what will happen, it's about who should be updating us
20:22:23 <vedran_omeragic> but yes, we're working on  making travel arrangements
20:22:26 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, yea two of them, you can add me as well
20:22:39 <darst> #info dam, vedran_omeragic, aroundthfur are point contacts of travel team
20:22:42 <moray> aroundthfur: can you add the other names on the wiki page?
20:22:57 <AbsintheSyringe> however, this is my suggestion
20:22:58 <moray> putting nicks there in general might be useful, too
20:23:01 <aroundthfur> moray, yes, but you need to tell me which names?
20:23:09 <aroundthfur> moray, will do
20:23:16 <AbsintheSyringe> that to every team, where should be one person from global team, that has experience from previous debconfs
20:23:23 <AbsintheSyringe> just to monitor things if anything
20:23:23 <darst> AbsintheSyringe: adding you to every team is not useful at this point, try to have the other people do the talking for teh sub-teams
20:23:39 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, got it
20:23:44 <moray> right, AbsintheSyringe doesn't need to be in every team
20:23:53 <AbsintheSyringe> I'm trying not to really :)
20:23:54 <darst> (and we'll hilight them, not you)
20:24:02 <AbsintheSyringe> okay
20:24:27 <moray> and I'd say we don't need previous people in every single team -- for things like travel it's just important to update (not today!) the global team on what's happening, and they can comment that way
20:24:34 <darst> aroundthfur: whoever wants to be there, if there are some people who want to be constantly poked about it and take questios, put them in bold
20:24:37 <darst> #topic Visa team
20:24:46 <aroundthfur> dam, k
20:24:54 <moray> right, we hope that visas will be easy this year
20:25:05 <moray> but it needs someone who is trusted to take personal information to deal with this
20:25:07 <darst> there was some discussion about tihs before, setting up a visa@ alias and that the government would handle things
20:25:18 <vedran_omeragic> darst, could you please elaborate more on this team. what exactly is their responsibility?
20:25:21 <darst> but we need to know who to poke
20:25:29 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, yes that's correct
20:25:32 <moray> darst: I think we need a Debian gatekeeper
20:25:55 <moray> darst: for one thing, we tend to get a few fake registrations asking for visa help, and we need someone who can filter those out
20:26:20 <darst> #info visa team: answers visa@debconf.org, answering attendee questions, provides invitation letters, makes sure they can get approved to enter
20:26:21 <aroundthfur> moray, i can help there
20:26:23 <darst> moray: oh right
20:26:43 <AbsintheSyringe> aroundthfur, if it's not going to be too much, otherwise I have someone else in the plan
20:26:55 <darst> *: who would like to be a global person on the visa team?  Mainly filtering obviously fake developers out so we don't provide free immigration help?
20:26:56 <aroundthfur> AbsintheSyringe, i can certanly help
20:27:01 <aroundthfur> but not do everything
20:27:08 <AbsintheSyringe> aroundthfur, that's what I'm saying :)
20:27:25 <aroundthfur> AbsintheSyringe, recruit that someone else
20:27:26 * gwolf is sorry, I'm basically just present for the log :(
20:27:32 <gwolf> work sucks sometimes :)
20:27:35 <aroundthfur> and put me in as a helping hand :)
20:27:38 <AbsintheSyringe> or I can be the "middle" man
20:27:38 <aroundthfur> or not
20:27:39 <moray> maybe there's an international DD who can help on this?  (shouldn't be much work)
20:27:43 <AbsintheSyringe> debian - middle man - goverment
20:27:56 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, that could work too
20:28:21 <moray> possibly someone who would like to help on the travel bursaries side later, as the emails tend to get misdirected between them teams by attendees :)
20:28:32 <darst> #help We need a international DD-type person to follow visa requestors
20:28:39 <AbsintheSyringe> gwolf, you wanna do this?
20:28:52 <darst> ok, which names should be on this list for now, to be poked for status updates?
20:28:54 <moray> (and it's useful to know for the letters whether we're giving people travel help or not)
20:28:57 <AbsintheSyringe> we need someone who's familiar with visas issues
20:29:02 <edgar> i could help, but i dont want to be the only one
20:29:11 <gwolf> let em read a second
20:29:27 <AbsintheSyringe> edgar, let's see what gwolf says
20:29:28 <gwolf> Ok... Well, the visa team depends a lot on how your country is
20:29:39 <AbsintheSyringe> what do you mean?
20:29:44 <gwolf> It has varied a lot - We do get several (not many) phony requests
20:29:48 <aroundthfur> edgar, i'll help
20:29:57 <moray> gwolf: we have locals to do the work for this year, we just need a (maybe DD) volunteer who is interested in general travel issues
20:29:58 <AbsintheSyringe> ah right
20:30:03 <e1th0r> gwolf, maybee including persons of each country could be help
20:30:04 <aroundthfur> with the more "intimate" things for bosnia
20:30:05 <gwolf> so you should first work to see who is really coming for DebConf... and who is looking for a way out of that country
20:30:12 <AbsintheSyringe> well we discussed that shouldn't be a problem for Bosnia as it would be for other countries such as USA or UK
20:30:20 <darst> so edgar checks for legimiticey and then aroundthfur for local issues ?
20:30:24 <darst> (we should hurry up!)
20:30:32 <gwolf> for better or worse, we cannot divert our resources to getting visas for random people - and we are to be held responsible for whatever is needed!
20:30:45 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, yea set two of them
20:30:49 <gwolf> Some countries are extremely visa-friendly - i.e. AFAIK argentina required no visas at all
20:30:52 <e1th0r> for example, I could be help for Venezuelan people
20:30:52 <edgar> sure, i could do that
20:30:59 <gwolf> Some other countries can... be a real PITA
20:31:08 <gwolf> But you will have to get to know well the tramits
20:31:09 <darst> #info edgar for checking peolpe, edgar for local interface with government
20:31:16 <darst> #topic BL liasons
20:31:20 <gwolf> get in touch with gov't people, explain the profile fo the conference
20:31:25 <moray> darst: typo in last info
20:31:25 <darst> #info these people are in BL and answer questions about there
20:31:36 <gwolf> ...ok :)
20:31:38 <aroundthfur> darst, you mean me for local interface?
20:31:55 <darst> #info visa team: edgar for checking peolpe, aroundthfur for local interface with government
20:32:00 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: this should be easy to tell us?  who is actually *in* BL for questions
20:32:08 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, we already decided those, but then they just got lost
20:32:12 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, ^
20:32:13 <darst> #info Bojana Borkovic and vedran_omeragic are listed now
20:32:18 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, right now only zlatan I think
20:32:26 <vedran_omeragic> darst, not me, another vedrannn
20:32:31 <vedran_omeragic> I'm not in BL
20:32:31 <darst> #and zlatan is in BL
20:32:33 <darst> whoops
20:32:34 <AbsintheSyringe> Bojana's not here
20:32:42 <AbsintheSyringe> yea, Vedran Novakovic
20:32:47 <vedran_omeragic> yes
20:32:52 <moray> later there will be questions like "please re-measure the size of this room", so actual locals are useful to know
20:32:53 <darst> #info vedran_omeragic isn't in BL, it is another vedran (vedrannn)
20:32:57 <zlatan> dars:yes I am in BL
20:33:02 <jaqm> Could I help edgar checking people asking for Visa?
20:33:05 <darst> #info Vedran Novakovic
20:33:09 <zlatan> darst:yes I am in BL
20:33:23 <aroundthfur> jaqm, yes:)
20:33:30 <aroundthfur> ill put you on the list :)
20:33:34 <jaqm> nice :)
20:33:43 <darst> #info jaqm also helps checking visa peolpe
20:33:46 <edgar> yeah, darst, the second one sounds right, i live in canada
20:33:54 <darst> #topic Venue, hacklabs, talk rooms
20:34:04 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: who is this?  (not you)
20:34:25 <darst> #info these people answer questions from others about what facilicies we'll have, for example so the video team and scheduling team can do their work
20:34:30 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, didn't get that one
20:34:33 <darst> quickly: two people, who ?
20:34:46 <AbsintheSyringe> I think I have to be on that one
20:34:55 <AbsintheSyringe> at least one of two people
20:34:58 <darst> you don't _have_ to be
20:35:01 <moray> they will need to work out which room is used for what, present the plans to global team to be checked, etc.
20:35:20 <AbsintheSyringe> there's two more guys from Banja LUka
20:35:32 <AbsintheSyringe> they are not present, one is Atankovic, he did a great deal of help
20:35:42 <darst> do you see the actual rooms and facilities more than anyone else ?
20:35:59 <moray> so probably people from BL + others with DebConf experience for them to speak to
20:36:25 <moray> in the past we usually had one venue-contact for each building used, internal to this work
20:36:57 <AbsintheSyringe> that's why I said this one should be me, along with someone from govt. maybe
20:37:06 <zlatan> darst:I can check tomorrow hotels,parking lots,buses,taxi..
20:37:14 <darst> #info AbsintheSyringe can take questions about venue, Atankovic also (?)
20:37:23 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, yes most def
20:37:24 <darst> #topic < zlatan> I can check tomorrow hotels,parking lots,buses,taxi..
20:37:28 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: if you are the current contact, you should be on the team, though consider passing on the contact job :)
20:37:38 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, that's what I thought!
20:37:46 <AbsintheSyringe> put me in for now, I'll pass it on to someone else
20:37:48 <darst> #topic day trip
20:37:50 <AbsintheSyringe> when times's right
20:38:01 <darst> So this can be almost anyone who knows the area
20:38:12 <AbsintheSyringe> there was already one guy
20:38:20 <AbsintheSyringe> talking to the people where we thought we wanted day trip
20:38:21 <darst> no DebConf experience required (besides knowing to make it accessible)
20:38:25 <moray> who will organise an amazing, disabled-accessible day trip, listening carefully to -team views on what's a good idea?
20:38:26 <darst> names / irc nicks ?
20:38:35 <AbsintheSyringe> forgot his name, and he could be the most appropriate one
20:38:40 <AbsintheSyringe> can't remember at the moment
20:38:46 <darst> #info AbsintheSyringe knows someone but can't remember the name for now
20:38:52 <AbsintheSyringe> :)
20:39:03 <darst> AbsintheSyringe: just let us know / put it on wiki once you remember
20:39:07 <darst> #topic Conference dinner
20:39:10 <AbsintheSyringe> darst, sounds good
20:39:18 <darst> this is a slightly nicer dinner or event one night
20:39:23 <moray> if we have money left :)
20:39:36 <AbsintheSyringe> we'll have money left
20:39:43 <moray> yes, this year should be no problem I hope
20:39:44 <zlatan> darst:I will be if you want a first hand informer because I live in center of Banja Luka
20:39:44 <darst> any names here yet ?
20:39:45 <aroundthfur> yeah :D
20:39:49 <AbsintheSyringe> I was planning to have it organized with team that we'll have for dinner and fun time
20:39:56 <AbsintheSyringe> none of them are here tho
20:40:15 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: so do you know yet who will take on the job, or should we skip it for now and hear from you later?
20:40:22 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, I know
20:40:29 <aroundthfur> AbsintheSyringe, give me name
20:40:37 <aroundthfur> names* so i can put them on the wiki page
20:40:50 <AbsintheSyringe> aroundthfur, I'd rather skip the names right now
20:40:57 <AbsintheSyringe> but we have that solved
20:41:01 <aroundthfur> AbsintheSyringe, will you put them on there?
20:41:03 <moray> it's polite to let them agree to it before we put their names
20:41:07 <AbsintheSyringe> aroundthfur, yea
20:41:08 <darst> moray: take over for a wes  seconds
20:41:08 <aroundthfur> ooh ok
20:41:14 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, excatly
20:41:47 <moray> darst: I think we're done on local jobs?
20:41:53 <darst> yes
20:42:13 <edgar> who should we liase with on the visa team, or how do we get in touch with the visa team?
20:42:35 <moray> #topic Video team
20:42:46 <Ganneff> . (sorry, im LATE). can someone later on update me on who gets which mail alias? :)
20:42:53 <moray> the video team are normally quite self-contained, so I don't know if we have volunteers for it in this meeting?
20:43:09 <moray> is there anyone who was previously part / wants to be part this time?
20:43:14 <moray> they always accept volunteers :)
20:43:57 <moray> otherwise we can skip it, but anyone can join the video team nearer to DebConf
20:44:04 <brother-> I'll be joining the video team. but I guess the things are sorted via the usual ml
20:44:15 <edgar> i was in video team last year
20:44:20 <edgar> anyone else here?
20:44:20 <moray> brother-: yes, I just want to check no one is wanting to join it but lost :)
20:44:43 <brother-> then we're all good
20:44:43 <AbsintheSyringe> can we just say one more thing
20:44:50 <AbsintheSyringe> we need that from global team, help
20:44:56 <moray> #info for video-team queries, use the debconf-video list: http://lists.debconf.org/mailman/listinfo/debconf-video
20:45:15 <AbsintheSyringe> everyone who's good with inkscape or generally with graphics please let us know because we need your help to finish up our website and sponsorship brochure
20:45:24 <moray> #topic Design team
20:45:31 <AbsintheSyringe> tnx moray
20:45:32 <leogg> AbsintheSyringe, I can help with that
20:45:35 <moray> AbsintheSyringe is summarising this team there ^
20:45:44 <AbsintheSyringe> leogg, awesome
20:45:47 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: did you ask valessio to join it?
20:45:54 <AbsintheSyringe> anybody else? we need help with website and sponsorship brochure
20:46:00 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, aroundthfur sent him email, don't know what happened
20:46:02 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: website is a separate point
20:46:03 <AbsintheSyringe> later
20:46:12 <aroundthfur> he didnt answer
20:46:18 <moray> for design, valessio is usually very helpful though, with good results -- try poking him again
20:46:30 <AbsintheSyringe> leogg, what can you help with?
20:46:35 <aroundthfur> moray, will do
20:46:45 <aroundthfur> he helped a lot with the logo design
20:46:54 <leogg> AbsintheSyringe, I can help with some Inkscape-fu
20:46:56 <aroundthfur> i guess he is just busy atm
20:46:57 <moray> #info leogg volunteers for design team, in addition to Aurélio A. Heckert and Miroslav Remetic
20:47:08 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, Remetic is out
20:47:23 <aroundthfur> leogg, so, i should add you to wiki list then?
20:47:37 <moray> #info < AbsintheSyringe> moray, Remetic is out
20:47:40 <leogg> aroundthfur, yes, please!
20:47:45 <aroundthfur> leogg, done :)
20:47:46 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: please update the wiki yes
20:47:53 <aroundthfur> leogg, ill explain what we need later
20:47:56 <moray> #topic Talks
20:48:01 <leogg> aroundthfur, great!
20:48:16 * moray waves to *global* people again (in addition to local ones)
20:48:22 * an3as volunteers in talks team as stated on wiki page
20:48:27 <moray> so, talks are obviously an important aspect of DebConf
20:48:36 <moray> some people have already signed up as volunteers on the wiki page
20:49:03 <moray> the talk selection team may need to look for some non-debconf-team help later to ensure it's representative
20:49:06 <aroundthfur> ill add myself there to (scheduling)
20:49:09 <luciano> it could be great know the speakers before the travel assigment
20:49:21 <moray> *scheduling* is important and needs work during the conference as well as before
20:49:32 <moray> (therefore the two points)
20:50:09 <aroundthfur> moray, :D
20:50:16 * darst back
20:50:26 <an3as> IMHO *scheduling* and *talks* are different topics
20:50:37 <moray> #info several talk selection/scheduling volunteers already on wiki page -- selection may need some non-debconf-team people too, to ensure representativeness
20:50:38 <an3as> talk selcetion comes first
20:50:41 <moray> an3as: yes
20:50:44 * n0rman can help on talks
20:50:59 <moray> an3as: but we already have many volunteers for selection on the page, so I was pushing them together in this discussion
20:51:13 <an3as> QUestion:  Do we want to propose certain sections / categories before talks can be submitted
20:51:18 <moray> normally it's not hard to get people who want to choose the talks :)
20:51:29 <an3as> moray: yes :-)
20:51:38 <moray> an3as: that's really a topic for another meeting -- or can you post on debconf-team to start a discussion?
20:51:51 <an3as> moray: yes, I'll post to the list
20:51:53 <moray> great
20:52:33 <moray> #topic Registration
20:52:53 <moray> this job has several aspects: "Announcements about registration. Set up pentabarf, help people with pentabarf, produce estimates of attendance
20:53:13 <moray> it's easier if it's someone who Ganneff trusts to give enough access to penta :)
20:53:48 <darst> this job especially deals with personal information, so to do internal registration work, you need to be involved in debian long enough
20:53:53 <Ganneff> well.
20:53:55 <darst> (or in debconf)
20:54:14 <Ganneff> 400 peoples personal data...
20:54:47 <darst> but you can also get that permission by helping enough, and there is plenty of non-private work to do like help with announcements / communication with people
20:54:54 <moray> Ganneff: who did it last year?
20:55:11 <Ganneff> moray: jimmy had access.
20:55:22 <darst> last time was roughly me, ana, marga, jimmy, + schultmc for payment related things
20:55:45 <moray> right, maybe some of those can help again
20:55:51 <darst> *: are there any DDs here who would like to be the registration desk ?
20:55:54 <Ganneff> (access here as direct host access! pentabarf admins we have few more than that)
20:56:01 <Ganneff> edrz also with host access
20:56:19 <darst> most of the past team would not like to help again, and I would prefer new people but I can advise
20:56:39 <darst> any DDs listening ?
20:56:53 <kanru> i could help. needs to know more about the works though
20:56:56 <Ganneff> it should be max. 1 or 2 people with host access (that includes ability to change code). and some more actually inside pentabarf webinterface
20:57:20 <darst> Ganneff: I think we are focusing mostly on web interface people now...
20:57:37 <moray> darst: meetbot needs a "ping DDs in the channel" option!
20:57:42 <Clint> no it doesn't
20:57:45 <Ganneff> darst: ah. fine. a handful there then. some global members who had access in past still do have that too.
20:58:16 <darst> Ganneff: there is a "pentabarf category", too
20:58:39 <Ganneff> k
20:58:42 <moray> darst: probably we should focus on the practical web part and hope people graduate from that
20:58:51 <darst> or anyone want to nominate DDs to be on this team ?
20:59:21 <darst> kanru: are you a DD or been involved in Debian a long time?
20:59:47 <kanru> i'm a DD
21:00:11 <darst> ah, great
21:00:55 <darst> can we have kanru start on the team, and find more as time goes on?
21:01:02 <moray> for the "announcements" part we'd normally have some local part to the team too
21:01:18 <aroundthfur> moray, me?
21:01:32 <moray> but we still have some areas to cover, so should probably move on anyway
21:01:52 <darst> #info kanru volunteers, will find more people later
21:01:55 <vedran_omeragic> moray, I'll help out
21:02:10 <darst> also, the room assignments team eventually gets on this alias to coordinate
21:02:14 <moray> #info Travel bursaries looks covered, I think that group will recruit more if needed later
21:02:43 <moray> #info Room assignments also looks covered
21:03:13 <darst> would any _new_ people like to help with these teams ?
21:03:29 <aroundthfur> darst, i can help there too
21:04:15 <moray> aroundthfur: right, add yourself
21:04:26 <darst> aroundthfur: where?  for these teams, knowing people within Debian well is important
21:04:27 <aroundthfur> k
21:04:34 <moray> these teams should be mostly people who know previous attendees / know about DDs, but some local part could be useful too
21:04:45 <moray> for knowing about Bosnians who have never come before, for example
21:04:47 <aroundthfur> as a local part
21:04:56 <aroundthfur> i don't know a lot of debian ppl
21:05:04 <aroundthfur> yeah
21:05:09 <aroundthfur> ill be that guy then ;)
21:05:16 <moray> aroundthfur: right -- you could note 'local contact' on the wiki page
21:05:19 <aroundthfur> yea
21:05:24 <aroundthfur> i was about to do that :)
21:05:31 <moray> #topic Sponsorship team
21:05:44 <moray> ok, now I really would like people who haven't joined teams yet to wake up :)
21:06:16 <moray> maybe someone could find any names in scrollback and poke...
21:06:35 <moray> This team raises sponsorship money from companies etc.
21:06:44 <darst> #save
21:06:53 <moray> I see we have quite a few locals listed already, but it's good to have some more international people too
21:07:14 <aroundthfur> moray, i agree
21:07:17 <moray> the actual work is typically phoning up contacts at companies regularly until they give in and agree to pay us :)
21:07:33 <moray> so not appealing to all geeks, but extremely important
21:07:36 <vedran_omeragic> moray, agreed, we'd appreciate help if some previous sponsorship team members could assist
21:07:46 <vedran_omeragic> pablo duboue said he would
21:08:14 <darst> yes, DrDub is definitely in
21:08:19 <moray> and for e.g. phoning an office in San Francisco, it's easier to have team members spread around the world rather than just Europe
21:08:34 <aroundthfur> moray, yup!
21:08:48 <aroundthfur> i can write an email to the -team list
21:08:52 <aroundthfur> asking for help?
21:08:57 <aroundthfur> or not?
21:09:14 <moray> if people aren't volunteering now, then yes :)
21:09:24 <Clint> keep in mind that companies often prefer to keep these discussions confidential
21:09:27 <moray> or we could consider debconf-announce about that
21:09:55 <moray> right, again it needs to be 'trusted' people, not so much for our sake, but people that the companies trust
21:09:56 <n0rman> moray, what volunteers need to do in the sponsorship team?
21:09:57 <aroundthfur> moray, ok i can poke you tomorrow here on -team so we can talk about it more?
21:10:44 <darst> a debconf-announce about asking for help with sponsorship would be a good idea, I bet
21:11:00 <Clint> n0rman: once the sponsorship brochure and the final report are finished, the volunteers will try to find companies and get them to promise money
21:11:03 <moray> n0rman: mostly: think of companies who might help DebConf, discuss those in the team, find contact details for the right people in those companies, phone them repeatedly (but not too frequently of course)
21:12:58 <moray> #topic Budgeting
21:13:31 <darst> budgeting needs peolpe who can pay non-stop attention to it...
21:13:36 <moray> AbsintheSyringe will be a local contact here I assume, but it's good to have someone separate doing accounting
21:14:07 <AbsintheSyringe> yep
21:14:23 <darst> track things from lists/irc, and keep good records... and not drop it during or after the conference
21:15:00 <AbsintheSyringe> k
21:15:27 <moray> ideally this would be someone "global" who has treasurer-type experience (or just did accounting on their own behalf previously)
21:15:52 <darst> moray: maybe this would be a place for me?
21:16:10 <moray> darst: if you're expecting to have time then yes
21:16:18 <AbsintheSyringe> yea, I could def use some help with this
21:16:25 <AbsintheSyringe> myself and someone from the global team
21:16:28 <darst> heh, time... what a joke
21:16:33 <AbsintheSyringe> with experience, so yea dam if you're up for it :)
21:17:16 <moray> #info darst to lead on budgeting
21:17:19 * schultmc has experience with accounting but not a plethora of time
21:17:46 <moray> schultmc: maybe you can join the team as an extra hand then?
21:17:55 <schultmc> moray: that'd be fine with me
21:17:57 <moray> great
21:18:00 <AbsintheSyringe> so what about me now?
21:18:05 <darst> schultmc: can I talk with you about best practices and then try to work together / get new people to do things ?
21:18:11 <moray> AbsintheSyringe: you will be needed there as local contact
21:18:12 <schultmc> darst: sure
21:18:15 <AbsintheSyringe> k
21:18:34 <moray> #info schultmc to help on budgeting
21:19:04 <moray> darst: I'm not sure it makes sense to allocate 'Transactions' separately for now?
21:19:16 <moray> darst: that seems like something that will get worked out in practical terms
21:19:20 <darst> moray: yeah, let's include that in budgeting for now
21:19:31 <moray> #topic Website
21:19:47 <moray> I see there are several locals onto this already
21:19:51 <darst> we should come up with some procedures for recording transactions that everyone will follow
21:20:24 <moray> I can volunteer to do my usual job of finding obscure information that should be added to the website :)
21:20:25 <Ganneff> webapp?
21:20:48 <moray> Ganneff: what are you wanting there?
21:21:33 <Ganneff> forget me
21:21:49 <vedran_omeragic> moray, obscure?
21:21:55 <jimbodooors> I can help with the website
21:22:18 <moray> vedran_omeragic: off-topic for now, I just mean I normally think of extra information that could be put there
21:22:21 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, we got plenty of that "obscure" info :)
21:22:34 <AbsintheSyringe> vedran_omeragic, ^ jimbodooors
21:22:37 <moray> jimbodooors: thanks
21:22:47 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, I def agree
21:23:02 <AbsintheSyringe> other day I had to explain infrastructure to Linaro
21:23:08 <AbsintheSyringe> if that info was on the website it would be better
21:23:17 <AbsintheSyringe> or having Plan and Program document up there
21:23:22 <AbsintheSyringe> or bunch of other information
21:23:31 <AbsintheSyringe> how we handled internet and so on
21:23:36 <moray> jimbodooors: is your plan to help with content or web design, or both?
21:23:41 <vedran_omeragic> jimbodooors, what exactly could you help with?
21:23:42 <AbsintheSyringe> we got bunch of cool stuff no one knows about
21:24:11 <jimbodooors> moray, content
21:24:30 <leogg> I can help with content and/or web design
21:24:35 <AbsintheSyringe> vedran_omeragic, that's what we need
21:24:47 <aroundthfur> leogg, i'll need you then :D
21:24:52 <AbsintheSyringe> leogg, jimbodooors either way I think you could do a lot to help with the website
21:25:01 <leogg> :)
21:25:05 <moray> #info jimbodooors, leogg volunteer to help with the website -- leogg for design as well as content
21:25:07 <AbsintheSyringe> especially brochure and design and all that
21:25:12 <aroundthfur> leogg, i'll tell you about it later ;)
21:25:24 <leogg> aroundthfur, cool ;)
21:25:37 <vedran_omeragic> leogg, please join #debconf11-bosnia after the meeting
21:25:37 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, it's pretty off topic
21:25:50 <AbsintheSyringe> but Linaro is interested in having their next spring on DebConf11!
21:25:53 <leogg> vedran_omeragic, k
21:26:03 <darst> ok... are we mostly done here?
21:26:03 <jimbodooors> :)
21:26:12 <vedran_omeragic> jimbodooors, you too please
21:26:24 <AbsintheSyringe> sprint* >_<
21:26:30 <darst> #topic Final words
21:26:49 <jimbodooors> vedran_omeragic, I'm already there
21:26:53 <darst> so, we have peolpe in teams now
21:26:57 <AbsintheSyringe> as I said, Linaro expressed their interest in having their at DebConf11
21:26:58 <moray> Sorry we're a bit over our normal meeting length -- if anyone fell asleep, it's not too late to join teams later on :)
21:27:02 <Ganneff> "next spring?"
21:27:17 <AbsintheSyringe> first it would be additional 80 people and most of them are debian devels but how would this be handled
21:27:22 <AbsintheSyringe> Ganneff, slipped sprint*
21:27:37 <Ganneff> ubuntu sprint? god no. (but offtopic right now)
21:27:48 <darst> if you are on a team, mail debconf-team and ask on IRC for any questions yo uhave
21:28:02 <darst> and don't be afraid to start working
21:28:25 <moray> or to ping other team members
21:28:26 <AbsintheSyringe> Ganneff, no Linaro
21:28:33 <darst> it's your team, and we hope you take initiiative, since there aren't enough of us to watch everything
21:29:07 <darst> anything else?
21:29:10 <Ganneff> AbsintheSyringe: same reaction.
21:29:18 <AbsintheSyringe> Ganneff, heh
21:29:21 <moray> and thank you to everyone who attended the meeting!
21:29:32 <AbsintheSyringe> moray, darst tnx for chairing :)
21:29:55 <darst> #endmeeting