18:33:26 <tumbleweed> #startmeeting
18:33:26 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Feb 24 18:33:26 2016 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:33:26 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:34:03 <cate> hello
18:34:29 <highvoltage> https://storm.debian.net/grain/jgvogmAWzqxPLpCbpbKggA/
18:34:32 <tumbleweed> thanks
18:34:38 <tumbleweed> it's still loading here...
18:34:58 <tumbleweed> only thing in the agenda is wafer
18:35:03 <tumbleweed> #topic wafer
18:35:18 <tumbleweed> I've been sick
18:35:22 <tumbleweed> but that's over now :)
18:35:47 <tumbleweed> do we give up on pre-registration and dive straight into fullblown registration?
18:35:48 <highvoltage> didn't realise but glad that it's over!
18:36:08 <tumbleweed> just the last 5 days or so, but meant I wasn't doing anything productive last weekend
18:36:15 <tumbleweed> and have been catching up on work since
18:36:44 <highvoltage> if full-blown registration won't take longer than pre-registration to land, then there's probably no good reason to split it at this time?
18:37:01 <tumbleweed> well, it means we need to think through the registration form more
18:37:06 <tumbleweed> so, yes, it probably does take longer
18:37:09 <superfly> I've been sick and busy :(
18:38:20 <tumbleweed> and besides registration, we have some sponsors work to do
18:38:38 <tumbleweed> highvoltage, superfly: I'm guessing between you two that can happen?
18:38:55 <tamo> hi was able to make it
18:38:59 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: What needs to be done there?
18:39:15 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: see the pre-meeting chatter
18:39:21 <tumbleweed> currently /sponsors is a static html page
18:39:24 <dumbassman> I am glad to see some sponsors on the site, interesting ones
18:39:41 <tumbleweed> but wafer understands about sponsors, we jsut need to load them all into it, and then maybe do some design work on the page
18:40:27 <tumbleweed> nattie: before you run away, do you guys need to do anything to prepare for registration openinng?
18:41:04 <highvoltage> righto
18:43:00 <nattie> tumbleweed: can i get back to you on that one, please?
18:43:33 <tumbleweed> nattie: of course
18:43:40 <superfly> tumbleweed: yup, can do
18:43:50 <highvoltage> superfly: I can co-add you to the action for sorting out sponsors stuff on the website?
18:43:59 <highvoltage> (ah snap)
18:44:02 <superfly> highvoltage: yes
18:44:20 * superfly is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel
18:44:34 <superfly> (in other words, it's time to turn around and head back in :-P )
18:44:36 <highvoltage> #action highvoltage and superfly should get sponsors list in wafer to get it to display on production site
18:45:25 <highvoltage> #action nattie / frontdesk should provide some feedback on whether they need to do anything for registration opening
18:45:38 <superfly> tumbleweed: can we chat post-meeting about how sponsors work?
18:45:57 <tumbleweed> sure
18:46:16 <superfly> ta
18:46:30 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: hope it's ok of I action things as we go along
18:46:41 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: please :)
18:46:43 <tamo> tumbleweed: superfly, highvoltage just a question the design that was proposed covered all teh sponsers lists as well as a suggestion for teh registration form is any of that going to be used?
18:47:02 <superfly> tamo: we'll see
18:47:33 <tamo> superfly: ok well then what was the idea behind the website design?
18:47:43 <superfly> tamo: it depends on what we get from wafer. I don't see it being a huge problem
18:48:25 <superfly> tamo: I just put something up there for now, my intention was always to try to stick as closely as possible to your designs
18:49:21 <highvoltage> tamo, superfly: I'm available again for another Monday evening session if you two are
18:50:17 <superfly> highvoltage: I'll have to tell you closer to the time. I first want to get myself re-acquainted with everything.
18:50:24 <tamo> highvoltage: yes next Mon is good for me
18:50:50 <tamo> superfly: ok
18:51:15 <highvoltage> ok let's see how it goes, next week I have nearly every evening open or can make it so
18:51:37 <highvoltage> in the meantime I'll poke at that sponsors list
18:52:55 <tumbleweed> OK
18:54:11 <tamo> superfly:  when will we know is the website becomming quite a priority now?
18:54:32 <superfly> tamo: it's my top priority. later this week.
18:55:33 <tamo> superfly: ok
18:56:07 <tumbleweed> #topic anything else
18:57:23 <ginggs> hi, i have something :)
18:57:25 <tumbleweed> I guess it's time to prod UCT again
18:57:28 <tumbleweed> ginggs: yeah?
18:57:28 <highvoltage> I suppose there isn't any news on the contract and venue stuff? and that it's still...
18:57:35 <highvoltage> (ah there it comes)
18:57:35 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: ^5
18:57:39 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: ^5 :)
18:58:08 <highvoltage> ginggs: sharing is caring
18:58:41 <ginggs> superfly: you said a while back you had contact at mybroadband for an article / press release for debconf, is anything happening there?
18:59:05 <nkukard> that would be very nice
18:59:12 <superfly> ginggs: I do. I haven't actioned anything yet cause I'm not the press team, as it were.
18:59:26 <tumbleweed> larjona: ?
18:59:44 <larjona> It's early probably. Better when CfP is out, IMHO
18:59:47 <larjona> Not sure if Call for proposals is the same as Open for registration. In any case, please coordinate with publicity team (list) for publishing (dates, channels, content...)
19:00:49 <tumbleweed> we need registration open first
19:01:17 <ginggs> ok, thanks for clearing that up
19:01:48 <tumbleweed> also, in other news, tamo  and dumbassman are investigating food options
19:02:11 <dumbassman> yip, tamo has made great progress
19:02:29 <dumbassman> Plans to meet next week
19:02:35 <dumbassman> tamo: care to elaborate
19:02:36 <tumbleweed> Great
19:03:02 <tamo> Hi tumbleweed yes as Imentioned earlier I have meetings set up next week with 5 Food Trucks to explore that option as well as a Caterer that looks promising and 2 Vegan caterers
19:03:46 <tamo> tumbleweed: dumbassman and I will meet them together and hera what they have to say
19:04:04 <tamo> tumbleweed: then we can put a list together of options and pricing and take it from there
19:04:43 <tamo> tumbleweed: the question I have: is if we get the food trucks in, do I speak to Belinda to find out if they are allowed on the premises
19:04:57 <tamo> tumbleweed: would they need permits etc from UCT
19:05:04 <tumbleweed> tamo: yeah, belinda is the person to talk to
19:05:47 <tamo> tumbleweed:  great thanks ok will chat to her
19:06:11 <tumbleweed> right, are we done?
19:07:30 <tumbleweed> #endmeeting