18:31:52 <tumbleweed> #startmeeting
18:31:52 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Mar 16 18:31:52 2016 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:31:52 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:32:05 <superfly> phew, just in time
18:32:39 <DLange> #link Agenda https://storm.debian.net/shared/pg75HcKvGVql2SS_PdlitmnPFMUTTYz4_A6mqT_LeDr
18:32:57 <tumbleweed> thanks
18:34:13 <tumbleweed> #topic Registration
18:34:18 <tumbleweed> #subtopic Timeline
18:34:20 <nattie> hello!
18:34:28 <tumbleweed> are subtopics a thing? I never remember
18:34:40 <nattie> not sure, think not
18:34:42 <DLange> not on meetbot
18:35:03 <tumbleweed> yeah, not a thing
18:35:06 <tumbleweed> onwards!
18:35:06 <cate> We don't need to put the subtopic in minutes, only the agree
18:35:06 <nattie> so i guess #topic Registration - timeline ?
18:35:13 <tumbleweed> #topic Registration: timeline
18:35:21 <nattie> woo yay
18:35:31 <cate> https://wafertest.debconf.org/dates/
18:35:59 <DLange> not to be confused with https://wafertest.debconf.org/dating/
18:36:02 <cate> I put dates without really checking things.  i think deadline for registration is too late
18:36:05 <tumbleweed> heh
18:36:54 <cate> Also the CfP deadline, do we have reconfirm? Do we publish also the first debcamp days?  And Do we have Open Days?
18:36:57 <tumbleweed> we have until 6 April to get final numbers to UCT, if we want a full refund
18:37:29 <nattie> how final are these final numbers?
18:37:42 <cate> tumbleweed: OTOH bursaries cannot decide for 6 april, so some people not sponsored will not arrive
18:38:11 <cate> nattie: just we need to pay some penalities in case of missmatch
18:38:46 <tumbleweed> cate: yeah, I get that
18:39:42 <tumbleweed> nattie: page 5 of accommodation/Commercial\ Groups\ Booking\ Form_15.pdf in git
18:39:45 <cate> Now I set it to 3 and half week. We can go to 4 April, so nearly 3 weeks
18:40:04 <tumbleweed> we only take a 10% hit, and only if we reduce, not if we expand
18:40:07 <DLange> I'm not sure about arrival days ... 100+ ppl will be there for Sat, 2 July. So why have them slob around for others that are not willing to be there (say) 11am?
18:40:42 <tumbleweed> DLange: I don't understand the question
18:41:18 <DLange> tumbleweed: the https://wafertest.debconf.org/dates/ page contains "arrival days" for DebCamp and Debconf on their first days
18:41:27 <DLange> and makes the second days first days
18:42:30 <DLange> I don't mind DebCamp but for DebConf ~40..50% of the people will be there at 1am and another (say) 20% will make it for a 10am or 11am welcome session
18:42:36 <cate> We can move the arrival day one day earlier.  But weekend was open days
18:42:37 <DLange> so why waste that day?
18:43:00 <tumbleweed> DLange: sorry, I'm struggling to understand this
18:43:03 <DLange> yes, so we want CPT students to have something to see Sat 10am
18:43:08 <tumbleweed> DLange: it says arrival day on 23 june, and 1st day on 24 june
18:43:15 <cate> DLange: do you think people will travel friday?
18:43:23 <DLange> Saturday, 2 July Arrival day for DebConf, first day for sponsored people
18:43:35 <nattie> DLange: i'm not sure where you're getting this figure of 100 people hanging around?
18:43:36 <DLange> cate: they will have to unless they are Africans
18:43:37 <tumbleweed> DLange: I think that means first sponsored night
18:43:52 <tamo> o/
18:44:31 <nattie> quite frankly, people will need to recover from the journey
18:44:43 <cate> But my dates are not final. I just put something, so let's decide when it is arrival day (so first sponsored date) nad when we will have opening cerimony
18:44:50 <DLange> tumbleweed: we should sponsor people that arrive for DebConf Fri evening already and ... what nattie says
18:45:14 <tumbleweed> DLange: yeah, usually the arrival day is the last day of debcamp
18:45:40 <ginggs> so debconf15 started on the Saturday, right?
18:45:42 * tumbleweed looks at our booking, again
18:45:59 <cate> tumbleweed: and when is the departure day in the booking ;-)
18:46:00 <DLange> first sponsored day for DebConf: Fri, 1 July // first day of DebConf (opening at say 10am) Sat, 2 July (which is also open weekend first day)
18:46:39 <DLange> ginggs: yes
18:46:40 <tumbleweed> DLange: we've booked them to arrive 1 July, so we'll have to change that
18:46:43 <tumbleweed> err 2 July
18:46:44 <cate> I find too early 10am to start, you want that we take more than one week holodays
18:47:24 <ginggs> i seem to recall people arriving all through the day, missing the actual opening
18:47:35 <tumbleweed> the international flights usually land in the morning, and so people should be at UCT by midday. I expect few people to be arriving in the evenings
18:47:52 <nattie> yeah...  the opening ceremony is kind of a nice-to-have in terms of attendance, but sometimes it's not practical to be in time for it
18:47:55 <ginggs> but our actual opening is on the Sunday?
18:47:56 <DLange> if we want to make an open weekend, we need to open Sat morning. A Debian welcome to DebConf session can always be later, if we want to.
18:48:26 <nattie> well, the people dealing with the open weekend would presumably be orga who are largely already there for debcamp?
18:48:29 <tamo> maybe give 2 days for people to arrive? Fri and Sat
18:48:32 <nattie> (or local?)
18:48:47 <DLange> ginggs: it was Sat. for DC15 and I recommend to make the same for DC16
18:48:56 <cate> DLange: open weekand are not DebConf days usually
18:49:04 <DLange> tamo: people will arrive whenever they see fit (and the airlines) anyways
18:49:11 <nattie> cate: isn't that a point for arguing semantics or something?
18:49:14 <tumbleweed> blergh, I thougght we'd nailed this stuff down months ago :(
18:49:15 <DLange> this is just about what we plan & communicate
18:49:34 <tumbleweed> people have been asking if debconf dates were final, so they could book flights
18:49:37 <tumbleweed> and we've been saying yes
18:49:40 <tamo> DLange: ok but was thinking registration could be over those 2 days perhaps
18:49:53 <DLange> tumbleweed: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/ is correct and always has been
18:50:08 <tumbleweed> DLange: ah, that's the bit of information, I'm missing here, then
18:50:11 <nattie> tamo: let's keep terms straight - registration is the stuff people do beforehand.
18:50:12 <cate> nattie: no, so we can have sessions on weeken but open cerimony later
18:50:14 <DLange> tumbleweed: if you go to - say - SXSW you don't arrive at day 2 either
18:50:34 <indiebio> tumbleweed: I'm going offline, please email if you need stuff.
18:50:37 <nattie> tamo: (not meant as criticism, just the same as the sponsorship/bursaries thing earlier)
18:50:51 <ginggs> 'night indiebio
18:50:56 <tumbleweed> thanks indiebio
18:51:02 * nattie waves at indiebio
18:51:19 <tamo> nattie: thanks nattie I was thinking more along the lines of people signing in etc
18:51:44 <nattie> tamo: yeah, i'm sure there's a term we can come up with.  not quite check-in or FD activities but something like that
18:51:49 <nattie> basically, my department :)
18:51:51 <ginggs> DLange: the way I read https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/ , debconf16 starts on Sunday
18:52:16 <DLange> ginggs: if you do not want to take part in the open weekend
18:52:33 <tamo> ginggs: that was my thought too
18:53:20 <tumbleweed> were we thinking that the wider open culture / hacking open weekend stuff would be on saturday, and more debian stuff on sunday?
18:54:12 <tamo> tumbleweed: I thought that the atual Conference with talks etc start on the Sunday
18:54:18 <ginggs> tumbleweed: yeah, that's what I thought, too
18:54:39 <azeem> do we have an Open Weekend or just a DebianDay on Sunday?
18:54:41 <tumbleweed> ginggs: the question is whether any of that will happen, without indiebio's involvement
18:54:58 <h01ger> indiebio left?
18:55:32 <DLange> somewhat
18:55:35 <tumbleweed> h01ger: you may have noticed she hasn't been very involved, for a few months. She's restricted herself to supporting some areas of debconf
18:55:45 <tumbleweed> but left the centre stage
18:56:01 <h01ger> ic
18:56:29 <DLange> so, how do we fix the dates now?
18:56:34 <tumbleweed> yes
18:56:39 * h01ger finds it hard to follow this years preparation as its very very much irc centric, hardly any mails. (i was thankful for azeem's last mail, btw)
18:56:42 <tamo> azeem: what is an open weekend?
18:56:43 <tumbleweed> we've been on the first agenda  item for half an hour, we have to pick up the pace
18:57:10 <nattie> tamo: open weekend is like what we had.  basically debian day x2
18:57:23 <DLange> tamo: http://debconf15.debconf.org/openweekend.xhtml
18:57:26 <azeem> maybe we can start on Saturday afternoon
18:57:40 <DLange> (no booths for DC16 though)
18:57:45 <tamo> nattie: ah ok would that be at teh begining of the conference?
18:57:49 <azeem> yeah
18:58:23 <tamo> DLange: thanks makes sense now
18:58:38 <DLange> https://summit.debconf.org/debconf15/2015-08-15/ <- Saturday, 10am opening ceremony
18:59:05 <DLange> we can move the opening ceremony to the afternoon, but I'd start the conference in the morning
18:59:21 <azeem> why?
18:59:26 <DLange> or we call Sunday "Debian day" and ditch the open weekend
18:59:41 <DLange> because it's hard to communicate an open weekend is closed 2/3 of Sat
18:59:48 <azeem> 1/2
18:59:51 <tamo> DLange: I would start it after lunch on the Sat afternoon gives people time to arrive
19:00:13 <azeem> well, we can still spillover to Saturday morning in case we have too many talks to allocate
19:00:28 <azeem> but maybe play it low for now
19:00:29 <DLange> o.k. sounds like a plan
19:00:46 <azeem> the job fair makes more sense on Saturday afternoon than on Sunday, though IMO
19:00:49 <DLange> so opening ceremony 14:00 and talks before that if we have a too dense agenda otherwise
19:01:26 <azeem> then again, maybe Sunday afternoon is just as well for the fair
19:01:39 <tamo> DLange: sounds good
19:02:25 <DLange> azeem: Sat worked well for DC15 but then the conference also started on Sat. I fear with the 2pm schedule people will "fly in lazy" and basically arrive for dinner on Sat.
19:02:48 <DLange> So to protect the sponsor experience, I'd prefer the job fair to be Sun. under these circumstances
19:03:42 <tamo> DLange: is the Job Fair normally so close to the beginning of the conference or do you have 2?
19:03:43 <tumbleweed> yeah
19:04:05 <tumbleweed> I think we have to move on
19:04:06 <azeem> tamo: last year's job fair was the first ever
19:04:07 <ginggs> why not both? (job fair Ssturday and Sunday)
19:04:16 <DLange> tamo: just one. The first one ever was at DC15 and then on the first day (Saturday) in the afternoon.
19:04:26 <DLange> ginggs: too long, sponsors need to man booth
19:04:32 <tamo> azeem:  DLange ah ok I see
19:04:44 <tumbleweed> IIRC we settled on the dates we did, so that people flying in from the US could leave on friday night, and arrive before things really got under way
19:05:03 <azeem> well, I think whatever the local team decides should work, but maybe check back with the sponsors team about the job fair
19:05:31 <highvoltage> h01ger: yes, working on the list is something that we should be fixing, it's been on my mind
19:05:51 <h01ger> just send mails
19:05:54 <tumbleweed> I'm partly responsible for less list traffic - I'm hardly keeping up with it, never mind posting...
19:06:14 <h01ger> also irc meeting summaries are good, very good even
19:06:15 <madduck> cate: the point of Open Weekend was precisely to make it part of DebConf, because we don't have resources to organise separate events, and a DebianDay with few people is just not good enough.
19:06:16 * cate is guilty.
19:07:01 <tumbleweed> I used to post meeting summaries, but I can't do everything
19:07:05 <tumbleweed> if someone can volunteer...
19:07:23 <tumbleweed> seriosuly
19:07:25 <tumbleweed> we're 40 min sin now
19:07:28 <DLange> we have meetbot, who's interested can click http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2016/ . Not that hard.
19:07:30 <tumbleweed> and haven't made a decsision on the first topic
19:07:32 <madduck> isn't that what meetbot is for?
19:07:35 <tumbleweed> we have 9 topics
19:07:42 <h01ger> DLange: meetbot doesnt send emails by itself
19:07:43 <cate> tumbleweed: so next topic
19:07:48 <highvoltage> ok I can at least volunteer to drive meetbot next time
19:07:57 <highvoltage> that would make the meeting notes easy
19:08:04 * h01ger apologies, didnt realize a meeting was taking place…
19:08:05 <tumbleweed> #chair highvoltage
19:08:05 <MeetBot> Current chairs: highvoltage tumbleweed
19:08:16 <tumbleweed> h01ger: slap :)
19:08:27 <madduck> tumbleweed: I pushed for proper minutes from the meetings for dc15, but generally the feedback was that meetbot is enough and everything on top a waste of time.
19:08:29 <DLange> h01ger: you'd known about indiebio if you followed the ML, so don't hang it too high
19:08:32 <tumbleweed> h01ger: same time every week...
19:08:44 <h01ger> tumbleweed: just that i switched time zones :)
19:08:49 <tumbleweed> madduck: excellent, because it does wastequite a bit of time, writing summaries
19:08:50 <azeem> so what's needed to be decided re registration?
19:08:55 <tumbleweed> h01ger: aha, i'll see you tomorrow :)
19:09:00 <h01ger> also i would have maybe noticed if there were a meeting reminder by mail or meetbot pingall
19:09:03 <tumbleweed> anyway OT
19:09:11 <tumbleweed> meetings are early in the AM for me
19:09:15 <tumbleweed> so, I can't usually do reminders
19:09:20 <tumbleweed> I'm only just awake and at my desk, in time
19:09:24 <nattie> tumbleweed: i can do those if needed
19:09:26 <tumbleweed> but we *must* move on
19:09:51 <DLange> fixing the dates formally would be nice now. And fixing https://wafertest.debconf.org/dates/ afterwards then (as in after the meeting)
19:09:51 <tumbleweed> are we happy with the dates on https://wafertest.debconf.org/dates/ ?
19:09:57 <DLange> no
19:10:22 <DLange> I recommend: no reconfirmation (we have no time for this)
19:10:47 * h01ger lols
19:10:48 <cate> DLange: people who don't get sponsorship will maybe not cencel
19:10:55 <DLange> and then fix the arrival day for DebConf to be Friday with the Sat. 14:00 opening as we said earlier
19:11:02 <h01ger> no reconfirmation is a bad idea
19:11:05 <nattie> reconfirmation is useful
19:11:24 <highvoltage> those dates transition from debcamp to DebConf with no mention of debian day / weekend though
19:11:27 <nattie> far more people register than actually come
19:11:43 <DLange> but we're too late for this. Who registers now has to pay after beginning of April or we (as in DebConf) pay the fee
19:11:52 <tumbleweed> let's talk about why reconfirmation is useful
19:11:56 <tumbleweed> people haven't booked tickets yet
19:12:03 <tumbleweed> because they haven't been able to apply for sponsorship, etc
19:12:21 <h01ger> DLange: if there is no reconfirmation you will order more beds and more food than you need -> you waste money
19:12:27 <tumbleweed> reconfirmation can be a useful way to get final dates out of people
19:12:40 <tumbleweed> I don't know how hard it is to get people to reconfirm, though?
19:12:56 <DLange> h01ger: no, we underbook and who's late may not get a space if UCT fills up (which is unlikely though)
19:12:57 <h01ger> its not hard at all
19:13:02 <cate> DC13 had 14 day reconfirmation, so I think we have time
19:13:30 <DLange> cate: we need to pay the venue or cancel beds 45 days before DebCamp
19:13:54 <cate> So we book, we odn't sponsor people and we need to pay venue and food extra?
19:14:20 <cate> DLange: no reconfirmation doesn't mean that people will not cancel from DebConf, just they don't tell us
19:14:24 <DLange> yes, we could as well have sponsored them in that szenario
19:14:27 <highvoltage> #info Notice period to venue is 45 days before DebCamp. We need good numbers to work with by then
19:14:34 * nattie agrees with cate
19:14:58 <DLange> cate: which is why madduck has said for month there should be a fee
19:15:12 <h01ger> a fee for what?
19:15:13 <madduck> not only madduck
19:15:22 <tumbleweed> for registering for accom and not turning up
19:15:26 <DLange> any registration fee to make people show up
19:15:29 <cate> We are late on opening registration, so things don't go as programmed
19:15:43 <DLange> right, so now we need to adjust
19:15:48 <tumbleweed> we will be billing people for accom, if they aren't being sponsored
19:15:59 <tumbleweed> maybe we really need reconfirmation from sponsored attndees?
19:16:20 <cate> We could hide the reconfirmation on dates, and think it later
19:16:21 <DLange> and that means getting as good data as possible to the venue within three weeks and then who's later may have an issue
19:16:24 <madduck> h01ger: the idea is: registration costs X (which can be waived, of course) and the money is refundable on site, for vouchers, swag, towards the bill, or paid out in cash.
19:17:04 <h01ger> people who will not show up will not pay fees
19:17:06 <madduck> tumbleweed: maybe we need fine print saying that sponsored people who don't show up will be invoiced in full?
19:17:32 <cate> Does madduck volunteer to track payments with SPI? and to help people without a credit card?
19:17:38 <ginggs> perhaps everyone can be charged a deposit for accommodation?
19:17:50 <DLange> you need the money up front, madduck. It's not about sanctioning people but about making them think, plan and communicate
19:17:52 <tumbleweed> madduck: I think we forgot about that plan somewhere along the way, yes
19:17:56 <ginggs> and then those that arrive and are sponsored can be refunded
19:18:00 <madduck> cate: there are providers for this.
19:18:01 <highvoltage> in all honesty I think that discussion is big and would be better suited for outside this meeting
19:18:06 <tumbleweed> yeah
19:18:09 <azeem> well, it really boils down to what h01ger said: so far we never invoived people who didn't show up at all AFAIK
19:18:10 <tumbleweed> we're not going to get through this meeting
19:18:14 <h01ger> reconfirmation is much easier
19:18:15 <ginggs> sponsored people are expected to pay for their own transport
19:18:22 <azeem> if start doing that, it should be *very clear*
19:18:23 <ginggs> (and then get a refund)
19:18:26 <azeem> +we
19:18:27 <madduck> ginggs: that is essentially the same as the idea with charging for registration.
19:18:36 <madduck> azeem: yeah, it's too late for such a big change, I think
19:18:38 <cate> Sponsored people not showing up will have penalities.  just last year someone mixed the badges on final day, so we need to reconstruct them
19:18:53 <highvoltage> can I action a discussion for how payment will work for no-showers, or if it's a good idea for DebConf at all?
19:18:58 <madduck> cate: do you have a list of people who abused our financial aid programme in the past?
19:18:59 <h01ger> also, reconfirmation is a way for people to say they are (not) coming. this is needed, with fee or without.
19:19:15 <h01ger> a fee gives no advantage whatsoever, but yet increases the work and will piss people off.
19:19:18 <azeem> I think I agree with h01ger, it's too late this year to start experiments
19:19:40 <DLange> it's too late to do as every year
19:19:47 <cate> madduck: we tracked them (the non-sponsored people with no-show. but I remember only one in dc12 which were no show in dc11 so sponsorship was denied
19:19:58 <highvoltage> so maybe a discussion should be scheduled now for Montréal
19:20:02 <h01ger> we want people to be happy.
19:20:15 <tumbleweed> h01ger: if we have to pay a fee, it's only fair to pass it on
19:20:25 <tumbleweed> but I'd like to table this discussion
19:20:30 <tumbleweed> and move on
19:20:34 <DLange> +1 on that
19:20:37 <tumbleweed> #topic Registration - Form feedback
19:20:47 <cate> https://titanpad.com/DC16-registration-form-feedback from line 190
19:21:00 <highvoltage> #action Schedule a meeting to discuss no-shows and what their responsibilities/penalties would be.
19:21:12 <h01ger> tumbleweed: if there is no reconfirmation, how should people tell there are not coming? that fee is in a fact just a poorly designed reconfirmation system which is painful for everyone. us and them.
19:21:15 <cate> no new questions if not really necessary, just check inclusiveness and clearness
19:21:18 <tumbleweed> h01ger: we've moved on
19:21:19 <h01ger> s#tumbleweed#
19:21:52 <h01ger> tumbleweed: and forgot to finish the "timeline" subject? ;)
19:22:08 <tumbleweed> h01ger: we can't there is'n time to finish this discussion and, get to everything else on the agenda
19:22:11 <DLange> as said earlier, we need the invoice address for UCT as well (they need to have it on file for credit card payments in the no card present case)
19:22:13 <tumbleweed> I should have moved us on half an hour ago
19:22:20 <cate> h01ger: tumbleweed will do an executive decision about dates.
19:22:47 <tumbleweed> no, we can discuss it after the meeting
19:22:50 <tumbleweed> but we cant't derail the meeting with it
19:22:58 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: I tried the registration form last night, it's very nice already
19:22:59 <tumbleweed> now, can we all please go back to the topic
19:23:00 <cate> DLange: the billing address is already there, or you mean other billing address?
19:23:20 <cate> line 306
19:23:25 <DLange> cate: no the same, just not only for prof and corp attendees but also for non-sponsored people in general
19:23:45 <cate> ah, so to increase the visibility cases?
19:24:18 <DLange> yes, too, I'd move it up to after the radio buttons where you select the attendee level
19:24:19 <tumbleweed> DLange: ah, have they told us they need the address?
19:24:31 <tumbleweed> I didn't see any such discussion
19:25:08 <DLange> tumbleweed: they have it in their form
19:25:35 <tumbleweed> OK
19:25:58 <tumbleweed> anything else here?
19:26:25 <cate> next topic before we have other questions ;-)
19:26:37 <tumbleweed> #topic Registration - Inoframition for attendees
19:26:39 <tumbleweed> grr
19:26:42 <tumbleweed> tyop
19:26:52 <DLange> smirk
19:26:59 <DLange> oh, sorry sirmk
19:27:02 <tumbleweed> cate: I started working through your titanpad this morning, but haven't got very far
19:27:12 * TyopFiary blesses tumbleweed
19:27:14 <cate> DLange: do you have the links on titanpad?
19:27:27 <tumbleweed> https://titanpad.com/DC16-registration-text-editing-session
19:27:32 <DLange> #link https://titanpad.com/DC16-registration-text-editing-session
19:28:15 <madduck> DLange: links are automatically picked up, even without #link fyi
19:28:45 <DLange> madduck: thy
19:28:52 <DLange> (what is #link for then?)
19:28:55 <tumbleweed> nafc
19:29:05 <tumbleweed> well, we all just need to have a look through that afterwards?
19:29:12 <cate> So there were some question on when, how people will pay conference fee, accommodation, bed sheets, and food organisation
19:29:26 <tumbleweed> yeah
19:29:30 <highvoltage> so for those attendee info pages, I want to convert a whole bunch of things we would've put on the wiki for web pages so that it's all on one place
19:29:56 <cate> The rest should be standard, but please check
19:29:59 <highvoltage> not sure how that would fit in with tamo's design ideas so perhaps some extra design would be needed or maybe we can re-use some existing layouts
19:30:07 <DLange> that makes total sense. But it's fine if that happens -say- until next weekend
19:30:18 <tumbleweed> I could have sworn bedding was available for vacation bookings of the residences. We must ask them
19:30:25 <highvoltage> I've been meaning to get in touch with tamo again, will do tomorrow or friday
19:30:47 <tamo> highvoltage: sure we can def relook it to fit in with the info
19:31:14 <tamo> tumbleweed: as far as I know bedding is included?
19:31:34 <highvoltage> #action confirm status of bedding with uct accomodation
19:31:36 <tamo> tumbleweed: we can double check that though
19:31:51 <tamo> tumbleweed: if it is not what then?
19:32:09 <tumbleweed> tamo: yeah, good question
19:32:21 <DLange> tamo: put it on the packing list for people and/or offer a cheap buying option on-site
19:32:39 <tumbleweed> it's shitty to have to buy bedding, we'd want hire I guess
19:32:54 <tumbleweed> this is winter, you want to be warm, too
19:32:57 <tamo> DLange: sure will do, we could also look into cheap bedding
19:33:15 <DLange> couldn't hire 200 of these in Germany, but we'll see
19:33:16 <tumbleweed> is anyone taking this action item?
19:33:19 <highvoltage> or buy / donate to charity perhaps (might make people feel better about having to pay for temporary bedding)
19:33:20 <DLange> it's no dealbreaker now
19:33:23 <tamo> tumbleweed: hire def but pep stores have cheap stuff! haha
19:34:17 <tamo> tumbleweed: like the option of giving it to charity they def could use it, but maybe UCT would buy it from us?
19:34:41 <tumbleweed> let's talk to them before we have this discussion, otherwise it isn't very useful
19:34:44 <highvoltage> let's cross that bridge if and when we get there, should be quick to check what the actual status of bedding is.
19:34:55 <DLange> highvoltage++. Let's move on.
19:34:56 <tamo> tumbleweed: lets find out first I'll send an email to Kristen tomorrow to find out
19:35:06 <tumbleweed> tamo: thanks
19:35:07 <cate> tamo: could you cross check the food part?
19:35:27 <tamo> cate: what do you mean?
19:35:29 <tumbleweed> the food part of https://titanpad.com/DC16-registration-text-editing-session that is
19:35:55 <ginggs> we can have Debian duvets made
19:36:03 <ginggs> who wouldn't buy one of those?
19:36:04 <cate> yeah, I was already on next subsubtopic
19:36:38 <tumbleweed> #topic Registration: opening
19:36:42 <tumbleweed> when we're ready?
19:36:47 <tumbleweed> it sounds like we have lots of details to get through
19:36:56 <tamo> tumbleweed: cate you mean the breakfast? No not yet but on my list for this week
19:37:22 <cate> tamo: I really don't know. It was done today by DLange, but he had also some questions
19:37:35 <DLange> tumbleweed: I'd open tomorrow. What gets fixed by when you wake up tomorrow is fixed, the rest we do during the next day or two.
19:37:39 <tamo> cate: ok
19:37:54 <cate> We need something sensible, we can adjust/expand later
19:38:13 <tumbleweed> DLange: I wake up early tomorrow :)
19:38:28 <DLange> right, so we say R300 for food and give the details on a wiki page when we have it
19:38:31 <tumbleweed> OK, so we aren't seeing any blockers, yet
19:38:41 <tamo> ginggs: :) that would be cool
19:38:48 <tumbleweed> I'm sure we're going to get feedback from early signups
19:38:53 <DLange> the form is done once you move up the invoice field so we can go with it
19:39:01 <tumbleweed> I can do that now
19:39:08 <highvoltage> ginggs: I like the way you think
19:39:23 <DLange> and then we need the export and further fixing of the support pages within a very short timeframe
19:39:25 <tumbleweed> the next agenda item links to a private sandstorm grain
19:39:30 <cate> tumbleweed: we forgot about conference fee. Do we pay at the site?
19:39:37 <tumbleweed> cate: we're working it out
19:39:41 <cate> ah ok
19:39:49 <tumbleweed> cate: I think we'll be able to do it by e-mail between registration and arrival
19:40:02 <tumbleweed> #topic Registration - announcement
19:40:08 <tumbleweed> can anyone post a public link?
19:40:12 <tumbleweed> or should we just move on?
19:40:40 <cate> https://storm.debian.net/shared/XwJVKQxdy-FzWvu_0Y9cVOtt50pKp7I2-i7nIMGf_4v
19:41:15 <cate> Because we have no new question on the form, we can already open (IMHO) and just prepare final text befor to announce
19:41:20 <tumbleweed> OK this depends on us getting our dates in a row
19:41:25 <tumbleweed> (so does opening registration :P )
19:41:57 <cate> I should update the deadline in the announce
19:42:16 <cate> But than I think we should put the thing to larjona and publicity, right?
19:42:41 <tumbleweed> yep
19:42:50 <tumbleweed> and we must also advertise it within south africa (and africa)
19:42:54 <tumbleweed> indiebio had some ideas here
19:42:57 <highvoltage> cate: would you like that to be an action or are you noting that for yourself?
19:43:59 <tamo> tumbleweed: who would your target market be in the advertising?
19:44:08 <cate> highvoltage: an action, but I would not like to put the ball on larjona if she doesn't agree
19:44:46 <tumbleweed> tamo: geeks, debian users - basically, just the tech scene
19:46:17 <cate> so let's see with larjona, or we will find tomorrow an alternate way
19:46:53 <tamo> tumbleweed: ok so would you want technical collages and universities as well as companies maybe someone could research and put a list together
19:46:53 <tumbleweed> #action larjona (or cate) to get the registration announcement out
19:48:07 <tumbleweed> tamo: discuss that with the press team?
19:48:08 <nattie> tamo: we could also get in touch with Yvonne who was in Heidelberg who knows about reaching African women
19:48:17 <highvoltage> tamo: for debian day/weekend we want as many people as possible who might be interested in Debian. For DebCamp we certainly don't want randoms to show up that want to be entertained, it's strictly for people who want to use that time to work on debian
19:48:31 <highvoltage> (anyone correct me if I'm wrong about debconf)
19:48:36 <highvoltage> (I mean debcamp)
19:48:36 <tamo> nattie: yup sure we are still in contact almost every month
19:48:44 <nattie> tamo: awesome!
19:49:01 <tamo> tumbleweed: sure
19:49:06 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: you are reminding me that maybe debcamp is a little too prominent in the registration form
19:49:09 <DLange> highvoltage: completely correct
19:49:10 <tumbleweed> but we can talk about that, later
19:49:18 <nattie> highvoltage: sounds about right.  i mean, there will also be orga people about doing stuff, but that's the same
19:49:47 <tumbleweed> moving on
19:49:55 <tumbleweed> #topic Call for Papers
19:50:12 <tumbleweed> wendar said we should be good to open submissions immediately
19:50:19 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: not really, but debcamp should certainly not be marketed at the general public
19:50:22 <tumbleweed> do we have a call for papers in progress?
19:51:08 <cate> What is the deadline for CfP?  We will announce together with registration? or one day delay?
19:51:21 <tumbleweed> no reason not to announce it with registration
19:51:31 <tumbleweed> (to my mind?)
19:52:24 <cate> just for visibility. Some time we did together, so we can also do it this year
19:53:04 <wendar> tumbleweed: we have the text for the CFP ready
19:53:43 <DLange> gotta link, wendar?
19:54:19 <wendar> https://titanpad.com/1YVOp0C6vG
19:54:46 <wendar> It's in email, larjona asked for it
19:54:49 <madduck> if the cfp is ready to go, why not just send it now?
19:54:54 <cate> long, so I think we need to mails
19:55:02 <cate> two
19:55:17 <tumbleweed> madduck: because talk submission isn't open? :)
19:55:36 <madduck> but that's not dependent on registration, right?
19:55:43 <tumbleweed> nope, it isn't
19:55:58 <wendar> madduck: tumbleweed and I have just been getting the talk submission form ready to open this week
19:56:05 <tumbleweed> just saying, turn it on before you send the mail
19:56:12 <DLange> I'd send that 2-3 days after reg opening but because - as cate said - it's long
19:56:13 <wendar> madduck: i.e. it wasn't ready yet when I sent out the CFP text, that was just a step on the way
19:56:33 <madduck> wendar: great.
19:56:37 <DLange> but it is very well written so it will be great as a communications tool
19:56:40 <madduck> thank you.
19:56:45 <wendar> We can certainly mention that talk submissions are open when we launch registration, or vice versa.
19:57:06 <DLange> yes, sounds good
19:57:10 <cate> yea I agree
19:57:42 <tumbleweed> ok, on
19:57:48 <tumbleweed> the next topic we've covered
19:57:52 <tumbleweed> #topic next steps
19:58:09 <tumbleweed> badges, t-shirts, day-trip, conference dinner, etc
19:58:29 <cate> I think tamo is doing most of it, right?
19:58:54 <highvoltage> on that line, I still have around 200 lanyards from DC15 (I should probably go do a tally again, and someone else has a bunch too)
19:59:40 <tumbleweed> something else here is to get beer consumption figures from past debconfs (dc13, maybe, hug said he had some) to Matt at the uct club
20:00:00 <DLange> madduck has the dc15 numbers
20:00:01 <tamo> cate: YES! haha Conference Dinner half way through the summary tried or this meeting but ran out of time so will send that tomorrow
20:00:06 <tumbleweed> dc15 was very big, though
20:00:22 <DLange> divide by attendee count
20:00:35 <tumbleweed> yeah
20:00:43 <tamo> tumbleweed:  cate Day trip waiting for 2 more quotes then can present ideas to everyone an dthey can add
20:01:23 <tumbleweed> ok, so we can talk about those, next week
20:02:00 <tumbleweed> are we ready to go back to talking about dates and fees and all that fun? :)
20:02:11 <tamo> tumbleweed: badges we still have  afew left over but can get more done, they are reasonably cheap
20:02:25 <tumbleweed> tamo: he means nametags
20:02:39 <DLange> badge != buttons
20:02:40 * cate is hungry
20:02:43 <tamo> tumbleweed: ah ok
20:02:44 <madduck> tumbleweed: for dc15 we calculated 1.25l/person/day and it was too much, IIRC
20:02:49 * DLange has apple cake with cream
20:02:55 <nattie> DLange: regional usage
20:03:10 <tumbleweed> madduck: can you get some more accurate figures to tamo?
20:03:22 <madduck> I will take this on with tamo, yes.
20:03:26 <tumbleweed> ginggs: do we want to try get a nice brewery to open a bar for us in the sports club?
20:03:44 <tumbleweed> tennis club
20:03:45 <highvoltage> people might be slightly less thirsty during the winter.
20:03:53 <tumbleweed> yeah, they might
20:04:04 <nattie> a bar is nice
20:04:09 <tamo> ginggs: waht about Mark?
20:04:12 <nattie> especially with bacon from the bacon tree ;)
20:04:17 <tumbleweed> but the usual problem with debconf is that the bar runs out of beer every day for the first week
20:04:28 <tamo> madduck: thanks madduck
20:04:29 <highvoltage> nattie:20:04:44 <ginggs> tumbleweed: you mean in addition to the sports club?  Matt said he would look at getting craft beer in for us
20:04:58 <tumbleweed> ginggs: ah if he's going to get craft beer, that's fine
20:05:16 <DLange> do we get back to dates or shall I get myself a beer and call it a day?
20:05:26 <tumbleweed> yeah, let's do dates
20:05:35 <tumbleweed> if we're all tired enough, maybe we can come to agreement :)
20:05:48 <tumbleweed> #topic timeline (again)
20:06:00 <tamo> tumbleweed: Matt is going to be well stocked he is very aware of our needs ;)
20:06:18 <ginggs> DLange: get a beer and do dates
20:06:46 <tamo> tumbleweed: :)
20:08:02 <tumbleweed> tamo: excellent. I just want to be sure we give him some good advance information of our needs
20:08:24 <tumbleweed> So
20:08:58 <tamo> tumbleweed: haha yes we made it very clear that  he must be well stocked and he is happy to gte in some craft beers too, would people buy a coupon like in Germany?
20:09:17 <highvoltage> I have to go to bed, will catch up in a few hours (g'night!)
20:09:31 <DLange> I think DC16 (currently) looks small enough to pay cash
20:09:51 <tumbleweed> we can always switch to coupons of cash proves to be a problem
20:09:54 <tumbleweed> *if
20:09:57 <tamo> tumbleweed: to change the subject but did you all get the Catering invoices?
20:10:12 <tumbleweed> tamo: I saw an e-mail, haven't got anywhere near it, yet
20:10:15 <tamo> tumbleweed: DLange cool
20:10:24 <nattie> i like the coupon idea actually, i thought it worked well
20:10:38 <tumbleweed> tamo: maybe discuss coupons with matt?
20:10:43 <tamo> tumbleweed: ok I asked them to let us pay in phases and they are happy with that
20:10:58 <tumbleweed> I want to get back to the timeline
20:10:59 <madduck> nattie: it also made lots of people donate to use their unused drinks ;)
20:11:07 <madduck> (like 600€ or so IIRC)
20:11:19 <tamo> tumbleweed: ginggs and i did already and he was happy to do that but we said we would get back to it closer to the time
20:11:32 <tumbleweed> tamo: ok
20:11:50 <tumbleweed> now, I don't want to be rude, but
20:11:55 <tumbleweed> CAN WE PLEASE ALL STICK TO THE TOPIC :)
20:13:00 <tumbleweed> we are currently booking the main arrival and food from 2 July
20:13:07 <tumbleweed> is this something we think we want to change?
20:13:48 <DLange> I'd say we ask people to come for the 1st
20:13:53 <tamo> tumbleweed: :) sure
20:14:02 <DLange> then we see how things are at ~April 1st
20:14:15 <DLange> and then we change the reservation with UCT
20:14:30 <DLange> because then we have the first useful data
20:14:41 <tumbleweed> content team (wendar, azeem) you've been fairly quiet on this
20:14:53 <tumbleweed> are you planning two days of open weekend?
20:15:03 <tamo> tumbleweed: the Debcamp went up to teh 2nd and actual catering starts on the 3rd but can change
20:15:36 <tumbleweed> tamo: we need actual catering to start, whenever people arrive
20:15:41 <tumbleweed> which is either 1st or 2nd
20:15:42 <azeem> I don't think it's a -content decision
20:16:05 <tumbleweed> azeem: it is if we're talking about people arriving on friday, so they can have 2 days of open weekend
20:16:07 <tamo> tumbleweed: ok sure so maybe the 2nd when the numbers are bigger
20:16:49 <tamo> tumbleweed: the 1st they can still do The Pub dinner - but I guess we will know this when the numbers are more solid
20:16:58 <cate> DLange: you are requiring people to take an additional day of holidays, I don't think it is so easy for a lot of people (non job-sponsored or with families)
20:17:33 <tumbleweed> tamo: that is true, a staggered pub dinner could work
20:17:38 <tumbleweed> tamo: it may be a big lunch, too
20:17:44 <DLange> cate: people fly ~20 hrs to CPT from US or Europe if they take a cheap route. So they will have to leave Friday in any way
20:18:16 <cate> no, they will arrive late
20:18:19 <tumbleweed> we're not really talking about requiring it
20:18:26 <tamo> tumbleweed: yup there is the choice of the buffet on the 1st, but we can have  aproper luch on teh 2nd
20:18:27 <DLange> right, it is their choice
20:18:32 <tumbleweed> but making it an option for sponsored attendees
20:18:54 <DLange> but we should not ditch half of open weekend just because we *assume* more people want to come on a Sunday
20:19:12 <DLange> or we do, call it Debian day and are fine with it
20:19:31 <cate> yeah, right
20:19:34 <tumbleweed> coming from europe, flying friday night, and arriving saturday early is quite normal
20:19:56 <wendar> tumbleweed: if bernelle is still interested in driving an open day, we can do it, but I don't know that we have the bandwidth to do it otherwise
20:20:40 <tumbleweed> yeah, and I don't know if that's the case or not
20:20:58 <cate> BTW this should not be a discussion DLange vs cate, but mainly within local team
20:21:37 <cate> so cate will stop arguing for dates.
20:21:57 <ginggs> I understood local team had decided opening ceremony on sunday
20:23:05 <tumbleweed> from everything I can see, treating saturday as the arrival day is still the right thing to do
20:23:31 <tamo> tumbleweed: is the start of the Camp on the 23rd? So we need food provided on the 23rd I had asked Matt to do it from the 26th for whichever reason so we need to add 3 days to the quote
20:23:36 <tumbleweed> we can have open day content on it, if someone is prepared to make it happen
20:23:48 <tumbleweed> tamo: one thing at a time
20:24:04 <tamo> tumbleweed: okidoke sorry!
20:24:24 <tumbleweed> DLange: do you still feel differently?
20:24:36 <DLange> https://titanpad.com/DC16-dating proposal without reconfirmation and arrival days moved out of the DebCamp / -conf timing
20:24:55 <DLange> feel free to discuss and edit :)
20:25:45 <DLange> (I dropped all the redundant days where nothing special happens to it's easier to get an overview)
20:26:08 <tumbleweed> DLange: erm, we should be editing the markup
20:26:14 <tamo> DLange: debconf dinner on teh Fri?
20:26:51 <DLange> tumbleweed: this is just for discussion, it's easy to get it back into wafer afterwards. We don't have links and everything in this one.
20:27:21 <tumbleweed> ok
20:27:58 <ginggs> I recall someone suggesting last year to have the dinner after the day trip, i thought it was a good idea
20:28:27 <nattie> ginggs: we had it that way at DC13
20:28:30 <ginggs> i think it was doko, while we were burning stuff
20:28:34 <DLange> don't we have a braai planned after the day trip?
20:28:41 <tamo> ginggs: we thoughts maybe the Braai after the day trip becuase people arrive at different times
20:28:46 <tumbleweed> it kind of sucked for us at DC13, because our bus was stuck in traffic, on the way back from the daytrip
20:28:47 <nattie> and DC14, come to think of it
20:29:02 <nattie> yeah, and the thing is one is often *exhausted* after the day trip
20:29:03 <tumbleweed> So we got a very reduced dinner
20:29:17 <nattie> that said at DC14 it was OK because we had plenty of time and the dinner was super casual
20:29:47 <nattie> which points at the braai being a good idea
20:29:50 <ginggs> braai after day trip sounds good too
20:30:32 <tamo> ginggs: nattie tumbleweed was thinking the Dinner on teh friday so it is quite special and everone can enjoy teh Cape nightlife if they want t
20:30:35 <nattie> there was a bbq after the day trip at DC15, so it would be in the spirit of things
20:30:57 <tamo> *to - sorry quite tired
20:30:58 <DLange> but everybody only one sausage :)
20:31:03 <tumbleweed> DLange: your schedule has departure on the day before our accom departure
20:31:24 <DLange> that's from cate, but pls. fix it
20:31:56 <cate> tumbleweed: I didn't see other information,
20:31:56 <tumbleweed> wel the question is whether the last day is the departure day, really
20:32:01 <cate> so departure day is on 10?
20:32:59 <tamo> cate: I agree with that
20:33:01 <tumbleweed> with our current accom booking, it is
20:33:18 <DLange> I think it is fine for people to arrive during DebCamp
20:33:23 <jcristau> oops.  dropped http://paste.debian.net/hidden/e65bbc1a/ from the dc-team@ mod queue.
20:33:42 <DLange> many people will schedule with their Debian tribes and come when they have their sprints and stuff
20:33:54 <jcristau> might need to be resent, if it wasn't spam.
20:34:05 <cate> tamo: could you resend the mail that jcristau dropped?
20:34:09 <DLange> so nobody needs to be there at 10:00 on Thurs. 23rd. There is no opening ceremony and no raffle.
20:34:34 <ginggs> DLange: you could bring something to raffle
20:34:37 <cate> DLange: only you, because you need to put on the network ;-)
20:34:54 <jcristau> sorry about htat
20:35:05 <tamo> cate:  sure do I sen it to the same address?
20:35:09 <cate> yes
20:35:19 <DLange> cate: nah, only power strips. We *hope* the network of UCT will suffice for attendees.
20:35:32 <DLange> (video will get some stuff as usual we *guess*)
20:36:06 <tamo> cate: ok sent
20:36:34 <cate> approved, this time
20:36:42 <tamo> cate: great!!
20:38:29 <tumbleweed> DLange: people have always arrived during debcamp, yes
20:39:37 <tumbleweed> we usually have multiple start dates for debcamp
20:39:40 <tumbleweed> I mean, the official start date
20:39:50 <tumbleweed> and the date orga pitches up, a couple of days before that
20:42:41 * nattie waves at jcristau
20:43:14 <tumbleweed> this is all structured around a saturday starting, still
20:43:29 <tumbleweed> it doesn't sound like a 2 day open weekend is happening
20:43:56 <tumbleweed> so, I'm gonig to re-jig it to a saturday arrival day
20:44:05 * tumbleweed wonders if everyone has just gone to bed
20:44:16 * nattie is just about awake still
20:44:30 * cate also awake but doing other dc stuffs
20:45:18 <tamo> tumbleweed: haha everything is tarting to get a little blurry
20:45:30 <bremner> umm, if nothing else is going on, can I ask a question about debcamp sponsorship?
20:45:33 <tamo> *starting
20:45:53 <nattie> go on then
20:45:55 <ginggs> tumbleweed: so i agree with saturday being the arrival day, and sunday the opening
20:46:09 <tumbleweed> I've edited it to say that
20:46:22 <ginggs> the open day could be on the saturday still?
20:47:11 <tumbleweed> it could
20:47:22 <tumbleweed> but the content team needs help, if that's going to happen
20:48:12 <ginggs> yup, and i still think we could have the job fair / stands for both days
20:48:30 <tamo> tumbleweed: hust a question the open day is the Job Fair? or is that the day that all the people come to see what it is all about?
20:48:48 <tamo> sorry just eish
20:49:04 <tumbleweed> tamo: open day is content targetted at users, rather than developers
20:49:17 <tumbleweed> it's probably the best day for the job faire, because it has a wider audience
20:50:26 <tamo> tumbleweed: ah ok yup was wondering about that especially with the Job Fair I am sure the businesses that are there would want as much exposure especially if they are sponsoring
20:52:45 <tumbleweed> bremner: what did you want to talk about?
20:52:49 <bremner> so I want to add the following to the bursaries instructions. any objections to the spirit? we can wordsmith later http://paste.debian.net/416076/
20:53:09 <tumbleweed> yeah
20:53:17 <bremner> there's been some confusion / evolution about what bursaries decides for debcamp.
20:53:20 <tumbleweed> we could also a do a debcamp plans field, if you want
20:53:21 <DLange> that's fine. Something similar was in the DC15 form as well.
20:53:52 <bremner> tumbleweed: It seems like it might be better to keep the form simple and hope people read the instructions/
20:54:21 <bremner> dunno. I guess something like 25% of attendees typically attend debcamp? so optimizing for the common case
20:54:46 <tumbleweed> I have always assumed the "debcamp plans" field put people off debcamp
20:54:47 <bremner> the other implicit question is, are people happy with "anybody can attend debcamp, if they pay"
20:55:08 <tumbleweed> that's the form's current model...
20:55:24 <bremner> yes, I just want it to be a decision, not an accident ;)
20:55:51 <DLange> I'd say yes. They will be grabbed by groups for there is a lot of work needed in basically any sprint I've seen.
20:55:53 <tumbleweed> I'm ok with that
20:56:02 <DLange> "We need to really clean up those wiki pages..."
20:56:12 <tumbleweed> we could probably be better at kicking people out of hacklabs if they're being noisy
20:56:32 <DLange> and kids out of the quiet hacklabs
20:56:33 <cate> and we should remember to close the meeting
20:56:42 <tumbleweed> we haven't come to decisions, yet
20:56:50 <DLange> that was an issue during DC15 which is why the quiet hacklabs were inventen
20:56:51 <tumbleweed> I'm still treating this as a meeting
20:57:18 <cate> DLange: we had quiet hacklab also on previous debconfs
20:57:52 <DLange> wasn't planned on DC15. Obviously something we missed from previous experience then.
20:58:41 <nattie> they kind of happened organically though
20:59:18 <tumbleweed> yeah
20:59:23 <DLange> do we have a decision on the dates now?
20:59:30 <tumbleweed> was about to say... :P
20:59:33 <DLange> :)
21:00:02 <cate> I think debcamp start date should be removed.
21:00:11 <tumbleweed> removed?
21:00:13 <tumbleweed> you mean moved?
21:00:14 <cate> But we should not have an arrival day for DebCamp
21:00:36 <cate> 23 First day of DebCamp
21:00:57 <DLange> you invented that arrival day but ack from my side
21:01:03 <cate> Do we have booked venue on night 22 to 23?
21:01:28 <cate> DLange: I invented a lot of things ;-)
21:02:19 <tamo> cate: yup but we hav eto think about catering too so should ahve a date
21:03:03 <cate> tamo: early debcamp is very informal, people could go out in groups, or so.
21:03:24 <tamo> cate: okidoke good idea
21:03:40 <tumbleweed> cate: ah yes, not having an arrival date for debcamp makes sense
21:04:17 <tamo> tumbleweed: but what date should most people be there abouts?
21:04:55 <DLange> tamo: start of DebConf. Everything before that is - as cate said - very informal
21:04:56 <tumbleweed> tamo: they'll arrive slowly during debcamp
21:05:03 <DLange> but you will get headcounts for the caterers
21:05:06 <DLange> just not yet
21:06:12 <tamo> DLange: yup but that is my concern for teh first 3 days it would be fine for people to randomly find a place to eta etc, but from a set date then there should be catering hence Matt from the 26th
21:06:35 <tamo> .... or so
21:06:52 <cate> tamo: are there public places for few people in or around UTC?
21:06:52 <DLange> yes, agreed. Pizza service budget before that.
21:06:53 <nattie> yeah
21:07:19 <tamo> cate: no not in the Holidays hence the pub
21:07:20 <cate> Just give vegetarian option, or nattie will get mad
21:07:27 <DLange> so is https://titanpad.com/DC16-dating o.k. for everybody now?
21:07:38 <cate> tamo: and the staff and researcher?
21:07:44 <DLange> shall we completely remove the Wed. 22 June line
21:07:59 <DLange> ? (earliest possible arrival day for DebCamp)
21:08:54 <tamo> cate: staff and researcher?
21:09:18 <tumbleweed> sorry, I've got a work emergency taking my concentration
21:09:48 <tumbleweed> what date should I restrict the arrival field to? 22nd?
21:10:01 <cate> tamo: staff, profesors and phd are still working at UTC, also during holidays, so I expect something open
21:10:11 <tamo> DLange: from my side I think teh 26th would work that is the Sunday and people trickle in from the 23rd
21:10:50 <tamo> cate: yup some but they sort themselves out or go to the Pub for the Buffet
21:11:35 <DLange> tumbleweed: no 20st as you have it is fine. For orga. Everybody else won't show up before 22nd anyways.
21:12:00 <tamo> cate: for dinner options it is only the pub and you can go out of UCT for dinner in town or teh surrounding suburbs
21:12:05 <bremner> I guess it's important people know the earliest days for sponsored accomodation
21:12:27 <tumbleweed> bremner: "start of debcamp" ?
21:12:35 <DLange> that's 22nd as 23rd is start of DebCamp
21:12:41 <bremner> ok.
21:14:23 <tamo> ok boys and girls I can't concentrate much longer and need to spend an hour on some work. Will catch up later and please let me know about the deposits
21:15:13 <cate> bye.
21:15:22 <tamo> bye and thanks!
21:15:46 <cate> I think we should also finish the meeting. I think we agreed to last point.
21:16:15 <cate> IMHO we can do a short meeting tomorrow, just to check list all things before to sent the announce mail
21:17:15 <nattie> sounds like a plan
21:19:12 <DLange> tumbleweed: could you #endmeeting please?
21:19:51 <DLange> cate: full ack but I can't be there. I'm on a business meeting. Just FYI.
21:20:37 <cate> DLange: you know where the thing are, so yo could check them early
21:21:23 <tumbleweed> #ndmeeting
21:21:34 <cate> nice try ;-)
21:22:43 * DLange grants tumbleweed another e
21:22:44 <cate> tumbleweed: you forgot the e
21:22:53 <DLange> as in tumbleweeed :)
21:23:20 <tumbleweed> #endmeeting