18:30:11 <tumbleweed> #startmeeting
18:30:11 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Apr 13 18:30:11 2016 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:30:11 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:30:19 * tumbleweed looks for the agenda
18:30:20 * bremner flees
18:30:44 <nkukard> bremner, you have fleas?
18:30:45 <ginggs> agenda is hidden
18:30:46 <indiebio> tumbleweed: I've jotted down stuff, but I would suggest people take a minute or two and list their things
18:30:47 * tumbleweed twiddles thumbs while stom loads
18:31:01 <tumbleweed> Agenda: http://deb.li/DC16meet1
18:31:09 <nattie> ginggs: agenda is a social construct!
18:32:54 <h01ger> agenda needs javascript :/
18:33:01 <tumbleweed> yeah, slow javascript
18:33:55 <tumbleweed> hang on
18:34:00 <tumbleweed> our agenda is split in two
18:34:03 <tumbleweed> there's a wiki agenda
18:34:07 <nattie> oy
18:34:09 * tumbleweed is confused
18:34:15 <indiebio> erm, the wiki is in draft
18:34:30 <cate> hmm so two meetings in parallel
18:34:32 <indiebio> this one, tumbleweed: http://deb.li/DC16meet1
18:34:35 <tumbleweed> what draft?
18:34:54 <tumbleweed> how is there a summary of the meeting already?
18:34:57 <indiebio> I've created the wiki minutes page to write up my feedback on the transport stuff
18:35:25 <indiebio> and the 6th has a meeting summary of last week: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Meetings/2016-04-06
18:35:31 <indiebio> it's not really that complicated, is it?
18:35:31 * larjona is here (mobile)
18:36:04 <tumbleweed> indiebio: no, that makes sense
18:36:21 <tumbleweed> we just don't actuually have an agenda :P
18:36:55 <nattie> while we wait, let's do a quick roll call?
18:37:00 <highvoltage> howdy o/
18:37:01 * h01ger sees an agenda being edited
18:37:06 <highvoltage> (sorry I was literally running late)
18:37:11 <indiebio> o/
18:37:18 <larjona> Hi
18:37:19 <ginggs> o/
18:37:27 <nattie> hola!
18:37:28 <superfly> \o
18:37:30 <tamo> O/
18:37:32 <indiebio> we didn't have numbers. we do have an agenda :P
18:37:33 <cate> o/
18:37:53 <h01ger> o/
18:38:03 <dumbassman> booyakasha!
18:38:30 <h01ger> everybody has the agenda open?
18:38:42 <tumbleweed> indiebio: sorry, I'm tired. figuring out what was feedback, and what was actually topics for discussion was taxing my brain :P
18:39:12 <indiebio> sorry tumbleweed, it was a bit messy, I didn't get round to last week's meeting until tonight.
18:39:13 <tumbleweed> # Topic weekly stats to CMC
18:39:27 <tumbleweed> #topic weekly stats to CMC
18:39:40 <tumbleweed> indiebio: and I didn't geat around to my action items at all :P
18:39:52 <tumbleweed> so, I'm working on doing one better here, and giving them a dashboard in wafer
18:40:05 <tumbleweed> this stalled since the weekend, so I am intending to ignore work today, and get that done
18:40:17 <indiebio> we need to figure out how to communicate well, so I'm taking your dashboard as a move in that direction
18:40:27 <tumbleweed> my planned data model is a separate table, one row per payment
18:40:28 <indiebio> well with CMC, that is, the poor people
18:40:37 <tumbleweed> indiebio: yep
18:40:56 <indiebio> can we pop stats in to the minutes somewhere for posterity? would that be doable or too much effort?
18:41:23 <tamo> tumbleweed: can we start the meeting? Not able to stay for the whole meeting
18:41:30 <superfly> tumbleweed: is there a way I can pull stats from wafer? can you show me what to do? I should be able to help?
18:41:30 <tumbleweed> tamo: we started a while ago
18:41:43 <tamo> tumbleweed: oh doesn't seem like it
18:41:45 <h01ger> tamo: we're at "weekly stats to CMC"
18:41:50 <highvoltage> iirc you can say #info and then add more info in that line so that it's easier to find
18:41:52 <tumbleweed> superfly: I'd love someone to help. It's demotivinting doing this on ones own
18:42:13 <tamo> tumbleweed: h01ger ok thanks
18:42:25 <superfly> tumbleweed: I can't promise the world, but I can try to lend a hand
18:42:29 <h01ger> tamo: agenda is at https://storm.debian.net/shared/pg75HcKvGVql2SS_PdlitmnPFMUTTYz4_A6mqT_LeDr
18:42:40 <tumbleweed> superfly: if nothing else, that'll keep me working on it :P
18:42:59 <h01ger> so the summary here is "tumbleweed is on it" but too busy to give us numbers now? :)
18:43:14 <tumbleweed> it'd take me 5 mins to get numbers
18:43:22 <nattie> so maybe at the end of the meeting
18:43:23 <tamo> h01ger: thanks!
18:43:23 <tumbleweed> I can have them by the end of the meeting, but I wouldn't want to stall on them now
18:43:32 <nattie> *nods*
18:43:33 <tumbleweed> we have  HUGE agenda
18:43:40 <tumbleweed> #topic trasport report back
18:43:50 <tumbleweed> summarised:
18:43:52 <tumbleweed> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Meetings/2016-04-13#Transport_feedback
18:43:53 <indiebio> ok, the bottom line here is yay!
18:44:06 <indiebio> transport on the shuttles is free, we just hop on
18:44:15 <ginggs> show your badger
18:44:18 <indiebio> we need the special trips finalised to have them give us prices
18:44:40 <tumbleweed> indiebio: will they run in evenings?
18:44:45 <h01ger> tumbleweed: can you do #save please and maybe #chair h01ger so i can help with sharing and free some thinking capacity on your side :)
18:44:53 <indiebio> I wrote the meeting up, the only thing to note is, we should have an emergency number on the badges
18:45:00 <highvoltage> oh that's awesome
18:45:01 <tumbleweed> h01ger: you never answered last time. What's the point of #save?
18:45:02 <indiebio> tumbleweed: they do, but not through the night
18:45:02 <tumbleweed> #save
18:45:16 <indiebio> so I think there we may need other alternatives. Uber is popular.
18:45:19 <h01ger> it updates the logs and summaries on meetbot.d.n
18:45:20 <tumbleweed> you keep asking for it, but I have no idea why
18:45:28 <indiebio> Cape Town is a bit shit on public transport after dark, TBH
18:45:47 <tumbleweed> h01ger: ah, so just for a half-way log. you're not worried about meetbot falling over. I get that.
18:45:48 <indiebio> so that's all I want to say there, we can chat about it after the meeting?
18:46:17 <tumbleweed> indiebio: does that mean the answer to my question is no?
18:46:44 <indiebio> tumbleweed: I think the service reduces after 18:00, and last one may be around 22:00
18:46:52 <tumbleweed> OK
18:46:53 <h01ger> tumbleweed: i constantly forget whether just naming an url is enough to get it in the summary. checking http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2016/debconf-team.2016-04-13-18.30.html after #save to confirm :)
18:46:55 <indiebio> they don't have their long vac schedules on the website at the moment
18:47:09 <indiebio> h01ger: I think the magic is #link
18:47:10 <tumbleweed> can someone get this information up on our site? or do we wait for them, here?
18:47:17 <tumbleweed> indiebio: #link isn't necessary
18:47:45 <tumbleweed> if the URL is on its own line
18:47:48 <indiebio> tumbleweed: I can keep checking and post the link on to the wiki FAQ. Would you need the data actually manually copied over?
18:47:49 <tumbleweed> my agenda URL got missed
18:48:13 <tumbleweed> indiebio: That sounds fine
18:48:27 <tumbleweed> #topic accessibility report back
18:48:31 <indiebio> my bottom line would be: Jammies are great for getting around. going partying needs a back up plan.
18:48:36 <highvoltage> on the topic of transport, who's doing the transport guides?... oh damn I missed the topic
18:48:41 <tumbleweed> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Meetings/2016-04-13#Accessibility_feedback
18:48:52 <highvoltage> (nkukard wanted to and I said I'd help but it went quiet)
18:48:53 <tamo> indiebio: Uber works very well
18:49:16 <tumbleweed> many debian people are not uber fans, and won't like us promoting it
18:49:19 <indiebio> Accessibility: we've dealt with the queries, not doing sign language people, all good.
18:49:22 <tumbleweed> (a few of them are in this channel)
18:49:28 <h01ger> sorry to be late: but for what do we need "transport"? for daytrip? arrival/departure? every day?
18:49:47 <indiebio> h01ger: day trip, which needs specific venue for a quote
18:49:56 <indiebio> arrival departure I would recommend the myciti
18:50:06 <tumbleweed> whoah
18:50:14 <tumbleweed> most of the feedback here is about jammie shuttels
18:50:18 <h01ger> regarding uber uber uber: are taxis worse (than uber)? or why is everybody uber?
18:50:21 <tumbleweed> which are just regularly run bus services by the university
18:50:29 <indiebio> every day hobnobbing: jammies are free, but getting from accomodation to conference venue is very close, walkable.
18:50:35 <tumbleweed> they won't be that useful for social or daytrip or arrival/departure
18:50:37 <highvoltage> h01ger: taxis are better, uber is cheaper
18:50:47 <tumbleweed> myciti is useless for the airport, because it doesn't get to UCT
18:51:00 <indiebio> it does get you closer, but I would say ...
18:51:07 * h01ger nods… so its mostly about daytrip… anyhow… accessibility topic ;)
18:51:15 <indiebio> #action indiebio (and help!) to investigate airport transport options
18:51:24 <tumbleweed> yes
18:51:26 <tumbleweed> accessibility
18:51:30 <tumbleweed> thanks indiebio
18:51:41 <indiebio> as I said, not much to say on accessibility, but it's all good. VERY helpful people at the Accessibility Centre.
18:51:48 <h01ger> cool
18:51:54 <indiebio> the write up is there, and I've updated the FAQ
18:51:59 <indiebio> so, next topic?
18:52:08 <tumbleweed> hang on, we have to read the write-up
18:52:15 <tumbleweed> so we can ask you any necessary estions
18:52:18 <h01ger> #info indiebio> as I said, not much to say on accessibility, but it's all good. VERY helpful people at the Accessibility Centre. the write up is there, and I've updated the FAQ.
18:52:24 <indiebio> ok, sorry
18:52:34 <tumbleweed> h01ger: is that *that* useful for the logs? we already have the link
18:52:50 <h01ger> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Meetings/2016-04-13#Accessibility_feedback
18:53:40 <tumbleweed> nattie: based on this, do we need to persue graca machel?
18:53:46 <h01ger> tumbleweed: when i miss meetings i very often only read http://meetbot.debian.net/debconf-team/2016/debconf-team.2016-04-13-18.30.html (=the summary, not the full log) - here i just noted: all fine with a18n, in indiebio's word
18:53:59 <tumbleweed> h01ger: yes, and I pasted the link after #topic
18:54:22 <nattie> tumbleweed: not currently - the one wheelchair user who has been in touch can get on well enough in the room available in Fuller
18:54:27 <h01ger> hah. sorry for the noise then
18:54:32 <indiebio> anyways, moving on?
18:54:37 <tamo> indiebio: Please add Debconf Dinner to the Agenda
18:54:52 <nattie> however, if someone with a more acute / higher need gets in touch, we might have to open that up again
18:55:03 <tumbleweed> nattie: excellent
18:55:13 <indiebio> tamo: go to http://deb.li/DC16meet1, please add it yourself?
18:55:39 <tumbleweed> #info the one fuller accessible room meets the current needs
18:55:44 <tamo> indiebio: done didn't wnat to just add
18:55:47 <tumbleweed> nattie: we have already passed the "guaranteed accom" deadline
18:55:59 <tumbleweed> #topic Dining options and DebConf dinner
18:56:12 <indiebio> tamo: the agenda is for anyone to add what they feel is important.
18:56:21 <tamo> indiebio: ok
18:56:24 <tumbleweed> so, there was no feedback to tamo's post on the list
18:56:44 <tamo> tumbleweed: nope nothing
18:56:48 <tumbleweed> the first question that comes to mind for me is: do we need some low-budget, simple options?
18:56:51 <indiebio> link please? or ultra short summary?
18:57:10 <tamo> tumbleweed: like what tumbleweed
18:57:15 <tumbleweed> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20160406.204501.65f15813.en.html
18:57:22 <indiebio> My question is, do we need dining options that requires everyone to dine all at once? Seeing that we do have cultural differences on when people want to eat and all that?
18:57:35 <tumbleweed> indiebio: that's usually the aim at the conference dinner
18:57:48 <indiebio> If e.g. UCT Sports Club is willing to have a long window for lunch, dinner, then people can eat when they want?
18:57:57 <indiebio> tumbleweed: sure, but that is a separate, special event
18:58:06 <tamo> indiebio: Sports Centre?
18:58:18 <tumbleweed> indiebio: ah, we're talking cross purposes, then
18:58:25 <tumbleweed> sorry, i picked up the dinner - the second half of the topic
18:58:28 * h01ger giggles at the last two paragraphs of that mail
18:58:51 <tamo> tumbleweed: are we talking dinner or catering?
18:59:00 <tumbleweed> yeah, my experience is that cape town generally doesn't care about dress code. Although I can imagine shimmy club would
18:59:07 <nattie> tamo: catering i think
18:59:07 <indiebio> tamo
18:59:10 <tumbleweed> tamo: they were lumped into one agenda item
18:59:15 <tumbleweed> let's break it up
18:59:18 <indiebio> tamo: you clearly don't hang out in the same places I do!
18:59:19 <tumbleweed> #topic catering
18:59:21 <h01ger> breaking++
18:59:22 <tamo> tumbleweed: They do for the places liste but not Qay 4
18:59:33 <indiebio> I will definitely object to Shimmy Club
18:59:39 <tumbleweed> guys
18:59:44 <tumbleweed> let's come back to dinner
18:59:45 <nattie> let's get on with it
18:59:48 <tumbleweed> hte topic
18:59:52 <indiebio> Catering: Do people have to eat all at the same time?
18:59:57 <h01ger> is catering now
18:59:57 <highvoltage> nice disambiguation there
19:00:08 <indiebio> because if not, then UCT Sports Club is my best option.
19:00:09 <nattie> indiebio: i don't think they do
19:00:24 <tumbleweed> indiebio: they don't but it keeps queues down, and meals shorter
19:00:26 <cate> indiebio: no
19:00:27 <indiebio> I was annoyed at DC15 to have to eat lunch in a set time.
19:00:28 <nattie> but a long window would be ideal.  i have a tendency to leave eating until the last possible moment, myself
19:00:41 <tumbleweed> DC15 had a tighter schedule than your average DC
19:00:51 <h01ger> .oO( this is actually why its a good idea to let the chair(s) edit the agenda once the meeting has started ;)
19:00:56 <indiebio> If I know there is a long window, then if there's a queue, I'll just come back later
19:00:57 <tamo> indiebio:  Lunch or dinner should be at a set time 12pm - 2pm or 6-8pm and people come and go as they please
19:01:12 <h01ger> lunchbreak in the schedule is 2h? or more?
19:01:13 <tumbleweed> h01ger: :)
19:01:32 <tamo> Lunch or dinner should be at a set time 12pm - 2pm or 6-8pm and people come and go as they please
19:01:39 <h01ger> does dinner start when the last events end or 30min earlier/later?
19:01:40 <cate> 2h is very optimal
19:01:47 <indiebio> h01ger: we could get around the schedule by allowing meetings, and strongly advising people to only attend one meeting in lunch time, if that makes sense
19:02:02 <tumbleweed> indiebio: "meetings" ?
19:02:04 <indiebio> meetings = BoF
19:02:11 * h01ger advises against shceduling things during lunch
19:02:17 <tamo> indiebio: but why that doesn't amke sense keep it simple?
19:02:18 <tumbleweed> yeah, I'm with h01ger here
19:02:19 <cate> Beer of Freedom?
19:02:23 * h01ger advises against shceduling things during lunch - because this will happen anyway and people need rest too
19:02:28 <indiebio> 'k
19:02:38 <tumbleweed> people have BoFs around food, during mealtimes :)
19:02:39 * nattie thirds or fourths not scheduling stuff in lunchtime
19:02:42 <tumbleweed> (i.e. dining bofs)
19:02:47 <h01ger> leave breaks so things can develop…
19:03:02 <indiebio> but we're OK with 2 hours for lunch, dinner, which would allow UCT sports club to accommodate everyone?
19:03:03 <h01ger> so what are the catering questions to discuss now?
19:03:09 * highvoltage fifths and/or sixes
19:03:20 <tamo> tumbleweed: why have anything during lunch people need the break to focus on the talks etc
19:03:23 <tumbleweed> h01ger: so, where we dine defines catering questions
19:03:37 <tumbleweed> we don't have a kitchen, so UCT sports club (which is smaller) is looking like the way to go
19:03:51 <tumbleweed> tamo: exactly
19:03:53 <tamo> UCT Sports Club indiebio is this now an option did you talk to them?
19:03:58 <h01ger> indiebio: we usually need to 2h, some people can only come late, some need to leave early… the question is because UCT doesnt work if its only 90min or why?
19:04:02 <highvoltage> tamo: I found 2 food carts, not sure if that's still something up for consideration
19:04:09 <indiebio> That's the pub, tamo.
19:04:10 <h01ger> how far is that club?
19:04:19 <tumbleweed> h01ger: bottom right of the map
19:04:25 <tumbleweed> 2 mins walk from the residence, and no hill
19:04:26 <h01ger> in meters?
19:04:27 <h01ger> thanks
19:04:32 <tumbleweed> some metres :P
19:04:33 <indiebio> about 100m, I'd say
19:04:41 <h01ger> so that not more than 23min, even with chatting on irc
19:04:50 <nattie> sprinters can cover that distance in 10 seconds ;)
19:04:51 <tumbleweed> and it has wifi
19:04:54 <h01ger> accessable?
19:04:57 <indiebio> and a fire place and beer on tap
19:04:58 <tumbleweed> yep
19:05:01 <Sicelo> a map of the place is available somewhere?
19:05:10 <tumbleweed> yes, there is
19:05:26 * indiebio goes looking for her new venue wiki page
19:05:27 <Sicelo> i would appreciate a link :)
19:05:28 <tumbleweed> https://debconf16.debconf.org/about/debconf/
19:05:31 <tumbleweed> I'm finding the link
19:05:32 * nattie waves at Sicelo
19:05:35 <tamo> tumbleweed: indiebio I am confused we are still deciding on Caterers and nothing has been talked about the Pub indiebio did you speak to the Engineering faculty
19:05:36 <h01ger> but they need 2h because the place is small?
19:05:41 <tumbleweed> will link you to https://www.uct.ac.za/images/uct.ac.za/contact/campusmaps/big/uctuppercampus.jpg
19:05:53 <Sicelo> thanks
19:05:59 <indiebio> Matt Fox, tamo
19:06:08 <indiebio> h01ger: yes, only 140 seats
19:06:10 <tumbleweed> indiebio: seems more like 250m :)
19:06:22 <indiebio> with beer, everything is shorter
19:06:25 <tumbleweed> or 150
19:06:31 <tumbleweed> guessing from openstreetmap
19:06:39 <tamo> indiebio: YES but still not understanding that, that is if we can't find a venue for teh Caterers Matt Fox in second option
19:06:59 <h01ger> this map is mostly only useful if you have seen the place for real…
19:07:00 <indiebio> well, matt fox is my first option, as I said.
19:07:20 <indiebio> Sicelo: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Venue#DebCamp_at_the_Club
19:07:21 <tamo> indiebio: well not what we have been discussing he is doing DebCamp
19:07:34 * h01ger is also a bit concerned about meeting speed. we're at 40 mins and one the first half of the fourth agenda topic
19:07:42 <indiebio> tamo. What I am asking is if they could be an option for DebConf.
19:07:47 <Sicelo> indiebio: ty
19:07:54 <indiebio> h01ger: this is the hairiest item though...
19:08:02 <tumbleweed> h01ger: if I go faster, people drag topic items through the next topic
19:08:05 <tumbleweed> yeah, this is a big one
19:08:13 <h01ger> ic. i dont get this hairyness from far away…
19:08:18 <tumbleweed> but also, it's a big agenda. I don't exxpect us to finish this in an hour
19:08:33 <h01ger> what are the options? pit falls?
19:08:40 <indiebio> tumbleweed did take random notes and put them in the agenda :) Can I take some out again?
19:08:44 <tamo> indiebio: we have had this discussion weeks ago and decided on Matt Fox for Debcamp and TBC for DEbconf if the Engineering faculty can't accomodate us then we move to another option
19:08:52 <h01ger> do we need to decide now or can we delegate to a team to decide or prepare a decision?
19:08:54 <tumbleweed> indiebio: I'm confused
19:09:22 <tumbleweed> tamo: it sounds very likely that the engineering faculty can't accommodate us
19:10:01 <indiebio> so I'm saying, matt fox is my 'another option'
19:10:08 <tamo> indiebio: you said you were finding out did you?
19:10:19 <tamo> indiebio: otherwise I can send them a mail
19:10:25 <indiebio> and ginggs answered you
19:10:40 <tamo> indiebio: nope he said you were onto it
19:10:51 <h01ger> does it matter?
19:10:56 <h01ger> what are our options?
19:10:59 <indiebio> OMG, he said they won't like the noise. He works there. He should know.
19:11:11 <tumbleweed> h01ger: let me try to explain
19:11:27 <tumbleweed> h01ger: we thought we'd get dining in fuller, and so we were exploring external caterers
19:11:37 <tumbleweed> they pulled the plug on that, and said they won't give us kitchen or dining space
19:11:40 <tamo> indiebio: that was his opinion but we need to see what the Faculty says who knows they might agree
19:11:43 <h01ger> dining means breakfast, lunch + dinner?
19:11:48 <tumbleweed> (because they want us to use their caterer, who can't cater to our needs)
19:11:51 <tumbleweed> no, just lunch + dinner
19:11:55 * h01ger nods
19:11:56 <tumbleweed> we're using the venue caterer for breakfast
19:12:08 <indiebio> tamo: I'll follow up, but that was their concerns from the beginning.
19:12:18 <tamo> indiebio: i will not to worry
19:12:20 <tumbleweed> h01ger: so, we've been looking for other places on campus that we could eat
19:12:35 <indiebio> I'd prefer if you don't tamo, not to duplicate communications
19:12:36 <tumbleweed> h01ger: nothing great is really appearing
19:12:42 * h01ger nods
19:12:45 <indiebio> they already forwarded your email to me.
19:12:57 <tumbleweed> however, the UCT Pub (who are catering our lunch + dinner during debcamp) could also do debconf
19:13:00 <h01ger> and the status is: "the search continues, indiebio is on it"?
19:13:01 <tumbleweed> they're just small
19:13:10 <tamo> indiebio: well I have been taking this on so I would like to see it finished and talk to them eprsonally not going on opnions
19:13:11 <tumbleweed> or we could use the shitty venue caterer, and send people with special needs to the pub
19:13:14 <h01ger> can solving this wait for next week?
19:13:34 <indiebio> fine.
19:13:44 <h01ger> "send people with special needs" translates to those who eat meat or other strange food?
19:13:53 <tumbleweed> yeah
19:13:58 <indiebio> in SA, people who don't eat meat are strangew
19:14:03 <tumbleweed> well, who eat anything except what they provide
19:14:06 * h01ger likes if everybody eats together
19:14:15 <tumbleweed> yes, that is the best
19:14:24 <tumbleweed> but it sounds like "together" is going to be two shifts of together
19:14:25 <indiebio> let's get back onto this next week.
19:14:31 * highvoltage knows many local vegeterians and they are well accepted
19:14:34 <tumbleweed> indiebio, tamo: take it back to e-mail?
19:14:38 <indiebio> I'll try to compile a wiki like we did for the venues during the bid
19:14:39 <h01ger> #info "the search continues, indiebio is on it"
19:14:46 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: I don't think they cater to vegitarians in the res, even
19:14:53 <cate> tumbleweed: but people can select the shift and go with friends
19:14:57 <nattie> *boggle*
19:14:58 <h01ger> indiebio: thanks for working on the most important part! f000d! :)
19:14:59 <tumbleweed> #topic DebConf dinner
19:15:01 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: then it's they who are weird.
19:15:02 <indiebio> #action indiebio to make a comparison wiki for catering. all to contribute
19:15:09 <indiebio> h01ger: that's tamo, actually
19:15:14 <tamo> h01ger: the pub can only accomodate 180 at a time so we need to eat in intervals 12-1pm and 1pm - 2pm etc
19:15:19 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: quite. But the university treats undergrads as dirt, so ... :P
19:15:20 <indiebio> next topic please
19:15:38 <indiebio> I vote Aquarium
19:15:41 <tumbleweed> back to conference dinner options
19:15:49 <tumbleweed> yeah, of the options, I like it the most
19:15:50 <h01ger> indiebio: tamo: thank you both then.
19:15:52 <nattie> that's the frontrunner, isn't it?
19:16:03 <tumbleweed> tamo: would you consider a wine farm? (e.g. simons at groote constantia)
19:16:24 * highvoltage just came from simons
19:16:30 <indiebio> the people at the Aquarium are also very helpful, and all sorts of strange eating is encouraged ;) (they're hippies, there's raw, vegan ....)
19:16:33 <tumbleweed> but the aquarium is probably better for dispersing to pubs
19:16:41 <highvoltage> (doesn't look like they could quite take debconf's numbers, depending on how many people will end up attending)
19:16:44 <tamo> h01ger: I've been dealing with all this
19:17:24 <tamo> tumbleweed: sure but no view in Winter so you'd be driving in the dark and leaving in the dark
19:17:30 <tumbleweed> that's true
19:17:36 <tamo> tumbleweed: unless we get there earlier
19:17:37 <tumbleweed> aquarium++ :)
19:18:14 <tamo> tumbleweed: or ther is Constantia Glen if we left at 3pm we'd get a good view
19:18:20 <highvoltage> In summer I would push for the farms but in winter I think the aquarium is just so much more interesting and easier
19:18:44 <nattie> sounds like we have an agreement then :)
19:18:49 <tamo> highvoltage: Yup Aquarium is awesome
19:19:04 * cate votes Moyo, just to be different ;-)
19:19:34 <cate> [really bacause a botanical garten wins in any case ;-) ]
19:19:43 <superfly> My vote is for Aquarium
19:19:44 <tumbleweed> oh, the botanical garden is spectacular
19:19:49 <tumbleweed> but also, a day, not evening thing
19:19:58 <tamo> cate: yup but dark in Winter can't see anything :(
19:20:00 <tumbleweed> and moyo's food isn't as good as it used to be :/
19:20:05 <indiebio> cate: the botanical garden *is* spectacular, but you don't get to see that much from Moyo...
19:20:10 <indiebio> I'd rather make it a day-trip
19:20:21 <indiebio> where-as the aquarium is right there!
19:20:21 <highvoltage> imho moyo at kirstenbosch was never good
19:20:35 <h01ger> ok. capetown in winter is probably similar to northern egypt in winter. works for me :)
19:20:36 <tumbleweed> #agreed conference dinner at the aquarium is the favourite
19:20:42 <tamo> tumbleweed: ok so are we decided on teh Aquarium?
19:20:47 <tumbleweed> tamo: I think so
19:20:52 <DLange> +1
19:21:01 <tamo> tumbleweed: cool I will contact her and book it
19:21:10 <nattie> super :)
19:21:17 <tumbleweed> #action tamo to book the aquarium
19:21:24 <tumbleweed> #topic preferred hotel
19:21:24 <cate> +1  (and I will day a trip to botanical garden some non-busy day)
19:21:29 <tamo> tumbleweed: we may need a deposit but lets get a final quote/invoice
19:21:30 <tumbleweed> do we even have to talk about this?
19:21:35 <tumbleweed> isn't there something on the wiki?
19:21:45 <tumbleweed> tamo: yeah, hopefully we'll have some money by then :P
19:21:45 <indiebio> well, in that case we know the budget for the buses: R2530 per 60-seater bus, nkukard
19:21:59 <tumbleweed> indiebio: err, what are we talking about?
19:22:05 <indiebio> dunno, but I'm hoping for Protea Hotel Mowbray
19:22:16 <tumbleweed> no, I mean, bus-wise?
19:22:19 <indiebio> was just wondering if there is something somewhere, think highvoltage was on it?
19:22:36 <indiebio> so, if we direct people (e.g. families) to a hotel, surely we want them all in the same one?
19:22:38 <tumbleweed> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Accomodation/External
19:22:59 <tumbleweed> I don't know if we link to that prominently enough?
19:23:02 <indiebio> tumbleweed: sorry, the Jammie guy just gave an example price for a bus, but the one he used was for the V&A.
19:23:11 <indiebio> so we have that quote for the budget then :)
19:23:14 <tamo> highvoltage: didn't you put a nice list together of B&B's and Hotels in the area
19:23:19 <tumbleweed> indiebio: oh, is that in reference to the dinner?
19:23:22 * h01ger off-topicly wows at https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16 - nice work! (the look!)
19:23:24 <indiebio> yes, tumbleweed
19:23:42 <indiebio> h01ger: highvoltage is a wow-machine :)
19:23:43 <highvoltage> h01ger: thanks :)
19:23:52 <DLange> we probably just need to give recommendations, people can make up their own minds and book their guesthouses / hotels themselves (or coordinated with friends)
19:24:09 <tumbleweed> we could ask for a group discount from one of them
19:24:16 <tumbleweed> do we care? is it too late for that, even?
19:24:17 <tamo> highvoltage: nice!
19:24:27 <indiebio> 'K, that's fine then. move on.
19:24:40 <h01ger> its also nicer is debconf people stay with other debconf people…
19:24:43 <DLange> tumbleweed: if you feel you can get that. Ask for 10 rooms and as long as we have no obligation...all fine.
19:24:44 <tamo> tumbleweed: not too late and can be done
19:24:46 <h01ger> can we recommend 1-3?
19:25:05 <h01ger> can we recommend 1-3 hotels?
19:25:07 <tumbleweed> I'm guessing if we recommend a hotel, it's the protea?
19:25:48 <tumbleweed> ah, I see the guest houses already offered discounts
19:26:12 <nattie> we could do it like fosdem, provide the information but say it's strictly third-party?
19:26:14 <highvoltage> guest houses were more willing to accomodate special requests and discounts
19:26:17 <indiebio> except that apparently debconfers will hate the corporate-ness of it.  Those guesthouses are really close, so I'm happy with just sharing that link
19:26:23 <tumbleweed> yeah
19:26:24 <tumbleweed> let's move on?
19:26:29 <indiebio> yup
19:26:30 <tumbleweed> #topic final accomm numbers
19:26:41 <tumbleweed> so, sunday was the deadline we set for people to be guaranteed accom
19:26:44 <cate> highvoltage: we have also corporate people, who like coorporate hotels
19:26:44 <h01ger> i think it would be nice if someone adds 1-2 recommendations
19:27:00 <highvoltage> I hated dealing with the hotels. they forwarded my mail to a whole chain of people who just wanted to dodge the questions like a hot potato
19:27:09 <cate> Yes, one for families and one typical for corporations
19:27:10 <indiebio> #info <h01ger> i think it would be nice if someone adds 1-2 recommendations
19:27:17 <h01ger> for you in the know its easy to say "protea" or "guesthouse accross the street" but will people find those via the net?
19:27:19 <highvoltage> cate: No problem, tell their people to get in touch with my people and we'll sort something out.
19:27:22 <h01ger> indiebio: thanks
19:27:22 <indiebio> I'll try my corporatey friends for recommendations :)
19:27:29 <h01ger> indiebio: cool
19:27:49 <indiebio> how do debian people feel about airbnb?
19:27:54 <h01ger> like it
19:27:59 <tumbleweed> TOPIC!
19:28:02 <indiebio> sorry tumbleweed, we're badf
19:28:03 <h01ger> topic final accom numbers
19:28:04 <tumbleweed> but of course, we don't have a reconfirmation, so do we even trust our numbers?
19:28:14 <h01ger> what are the numbers?
19:28:17 <tumbleweed> heh
19:28:18 <tumbleweed> well, yes
19:28:21 * tumbleweed grabs some
19:28:22 <tumbleweed> you talk
19:28:25 <DLange> we have 33 reg for DebCamp and 214 for DebConf now
19:28:26 <indiebio> I would think so, the long flight makes it so
19:28:26 <h01ger> :)
19:28:26 <cate> indiebio: "debian people" flames, don't have optinion. for sure no common opinion
19:28:37 <DLange> so I suggest reducing the booking for DebCamp
19:28:40 <indiebio> lols, I see that cate ;)
19:29:00 <highvoltage> cate: debian people wouldn't even agree on the definition of "debian people"
19:29:11 * h01ger is sad he will miss debcamp again
19:29:18 <indiebio> ok, I would also say, reduce DebCamp to 50?
19:29:27 <h01ger> so whats the topic about? ah.
19:29:29 <indiebio> and DebConf to 230? 250?
19:29:49 <indiebio> 238 I think is the limit of Fuller. We should try stick to that.
19:29:50 <highvoltage> h01ger: we're giving tumble(nohiglight)weed 5 minutes to crunch numbers
19:29:57 <indiebio> else they get all antsy and stuff
19:30:03 <h01ger> did many locals apply after the recent article?
19:30:14 <DLange> yes, I'd take all of Fuller so we have the benefits of the shared spaces etc.
19:30:19 <h01ger> highvoltage: ah
19:30:37 <highvoltage> h01ger: doubtful, the article was announcing that registration was now open... at the end of the registration period
19:30:43 <tamo> DLange:+1
19:30:44 <superfly> I'm not sure. I know a few of my colleagues are intending coming, but they knew about DebConf since last year already ;-)
19:30:49 <h01ger> highvoltage: well its still open…
19:31:05 <h01ger> superfly: they registered? :)
19:31:06 <highvoltage> h01ger: ah! then then there might just be.
19:31:09 <DLange> And Debcamp -> 35 and who's coming later, is out of luck. But 35 is the number of regs we have to count spouses and kids etc.
19:31:12 <tamo> tumbleweed: do we need to register?
19:31:13 <DLange> (if any)
19:31:20 <superfly> h01ger: I know of at least 1 who has
19:31:35 <h01ger> tamo: yes we need to register ourselves too :) (or what was teh question?)
19:31:39 <superfly> oh that reminds me, I must tell my boss about open day or job fair or whatever it's called
19:32:20 * tumbleweed has run some numbers, and catches up with the conversation
19:32:40 <tamo> h01ger: yes if we are going to be around Debconf etc as Volunteers
19:32:55 <tumbleweed> tamo: you haven't registered? :)
19:33:04 <h01ger> tamo: yes we do need to register
19:33:09 <tamo> tumbleweed: nope didn't think I had to?
19:33:25 <tumbleweed> if you want accomm on site, you need to
19:33:26 <h01ger> tamo: we'll probably grant you free food anyway ;-p
19:33:27 <tumbleweed> or food
19:33:30 <tumbleweed> or you won't be counted in
19:33:42 <h01ger> so, numbers?
19:33:45 <h01ger> (+1)
19:33:45 <DLange> that's fair, she eats little :)
19:33:51 <tumbleweed> so, 184 want accom for debconf
19:33:57 <tamo> tumbleweed: h01ger ah ok I see won't need accomodation :)
19:34:00 <tumbleweed> but 134 are applying for a bursayr for it
19:34:06 <tamo> DLange: haha
19:34:08 <tumbleweed> tamo: doesn't hurt to register ASAP:)
19:34:17 <tamo> tumbleweed: okidoke will do
19:34:19 <indiebio> https://wiki.debconf.org/action/edit/DebConf16/Catering?redlink=1
19:34:24 <indiebio> https://wiki.debconf.org/action/edit/DebConf16/Catering
19:34:25 <tumbleweed> debcapm is at 87 accom (63 bursary)
19:34:28 <tumbleweed> 62
19:34:55 <h01ger> what were the assumed numbers in the budget?
19:35:02 <madduck> tumbleweed: holy moly… the ratios keeps increasing. We need to be better at telling people that this isn't really making our lives easier and people should pay for themselves by default, unless that isn't possible.
19:35:16 <madduck> not something we can fix now, obviously, but for the future
19:35:48 <madduck> if we have the money for it, fine, but we won't always and we need to manage expectations over this.
19:35:54 <tumbleweed> h01ger: for what?
19:36:17 <madduck> h01ger: I think we were at around 40% IIRC?
19:36:17 <tumbleweed> we don't have the money for it. I'd assume the majority won't get their bursaries
19:36:22 <indiebio> h01ger: 100 ,  250
19:36:23 <h01ger> this is real data now, for the first time. before that he had a budget with assumptions
19:36:34 <DLange> tamo: 62 is headcount?
19:37:03 <tumbleweed> DLange: 62 is the people who askde for a bursary for debcamp accom
19:37:06 <tamo> DLange: ok thanks for Bursaries
19:37:19 <h01ger> indiebio: thats two numbers. there must be four assumptions: real numbers are 184/134 for debconf and 87/62 for camp…
19:37:42 <tumbleweed> h01ger: those numbers indiebio gave you were not for bursaries, but for rooms
19:37:54 <DLange> tumbleweed: I only have 33 records with debcamp=TRUE ... wondering ...
19:37:57 <tumbleweed> I mean, our budget has never been balanced against income
19:38:11 * h01ger wants to know if this has become more expensive than assumed (due to the high numbers requesting sponsorhip) or lower (do to lower registration numbers)
19:38:18 <highvoltage> what does accomodation at UCT cost? I chose 'bursary' for that at registration time just because I couldn't find that figure at the time. I'll happilly revoke that though.
19:38:19 <tumbleweed> DLange: 94
19:38:20 <indiebio> uh. please tell me what the numbers are? We were working on roughly 100 people attending debcamp, and 250 attending debconf. are you talking sponsored/total or something?
19:38:35 <indiebio> highvoltage: just less than R300 per night
19:38:37 <madduck> indiebio: sponsored ratio or total for each
19:38:44 <tumbleweed> DLange: clearly we aren't looking at the same data :P
19:38:55 <DLange> yep, either attendee_report is broken or what you look at is broken. Can't be both right.
19:39:06 <h01ger> indiebio: your (wanted) numbers are 87 and 184, _if_ i understand correctly
19:39:25 <tumbleweed> DLange: what is attendee_report?
19:39:29 <indiebio> h01ger: I want nothing to do with money, thanks very much ;)
19:39:36 <h01ger> :)
19:39:38 <madduck> where is nkukard anyway?
19:39:49 <DLange> tumbleweed: ./manage.py wafer_registered_attendees
19:39:56 <tumbleweed> DLange: that's what I'm looking at
19:40:06 <h01ger> indiebio: 87 will attend debcamp and 184 debconf, plus those who register from now on
19:40:11 <highvoltage> madduck: I think he's been traveling
19:40:18 <indiebio> yeah, so those are 'my' numbers, yes.
19:40:41 <madduck> h01ger: could you run your question by nigel once he's back then?
19:40:56 <h01ger> will try to remember
19:41:13 <madduck> bursaries will decide based on what the budget is
19:41:55 <h01ger> #info 87 will attend debcamp and 184 debconf, plus those who register from now on
19:42:06 <tumbleweed> h01ger: not exactly correct
19:42:11 <tumbleweed> that's accom, not attendance
19:42:12 <madduck> minus those who won't show up
19:42:18 <h01ger> #info 62 applied for accom bursary for debcamp and 134 debconf, plus those who register from now on
19:42:21 <tumbleweed> attendance is 94, 214
19:42:22 <cate> + tamo
19:42:28 <madduck> h01ger: no, bursaries is closed.
19:42:42 <h01ger> #info 62 applied for accom bursary for debcamp and 134 debconf, bursary is closed
19:42:43 <madduck> tumbleweed: our assumptions were pretty damn right then ;)
19:42:52 <tumbleweed> madduck: assuming 100% turnout :)
19:42:59 <tumbleweed> or I guess, lower turnout + late reg
19:43:04 <tumbleweed> (e.g. tamo :P )
19:43:15 <madduck> tumbleweed: it looks good.
19:43:17 <h01ger> tumbleweed: not sure how to put your correction into #info… could you do please?
19:43:36 <tamo> tumbleweed: what about me?
19:43:39 * tumbleweed has no idea, either
19:43:41 <h01ger> or move on to whatever comes out of this
19:43:58 <tamo> Yes + me please
19:44:01 <tamo> :)
19:44:15 <tumbleweed> #info correction: 94 people have registered attendance for debcamp, and 214, debconf.
19:44:18 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: cool! those are good numbers so far imho
19:44:18 <nkukard> madduck, here
19:44:24 * h01ger thinks its nice that debian and debconf can sponsor beds and food for people who work their asses off. i'd be happy if we would need to spend double the amount :)
19:44:37 <madduck> #info correction: right now, 94/214 plan to attend debcamp/debconf
19:44:52 <tamo> I can also put 2 people up at my flat??
19:44:53 <tumbleweed> #toomanychairs? :)
19:45:00 <larjona> Plus invited speakers? (Not sure if "invited" means travel+accom paid from budget, or not)
19:45:01 <tumbleweed> tamo: lol
19:45:11 <madduck> larjona: separate budget line(s)
19:45:19 <larjona> Ah ok
19:45:19 <h01ger> tumbleweed: thats not chairing, thats merely helping with writing the summary…
19:45:34 <h01ger> tumbleweed: the topic is?
19:45:42 <tumbleweed> madduck: separate budget line of 0
19:45:52 <tumbleweed> h01ger: no, I mean 3 of us are #infoing the same things
19:46:10 <tumbleweed> h01ger: you apparently had a question for nkukard?
19:46:13 <madduck> tumbleweed: I think now you are not talking budget but spending. ;)
19:46:16 <h01ger> thats not a problem… its redudancy only really
19:46:17 <tumbleweed> I didn't see what the question was
19:46:41 <h01ger> my question was how much diff this is in money from our assumptions
19:46:51 <tumbleweed> madduck: budget:outreach:invited = 0
19:46:59 <cate> #save
19:47:13 <madduck> tumbleweed: let's not discuss this now, but I could comment on that…
19:47:15 <h01ger> no one from outreach invited or what does that mean?
19:47:42 <tumbleweed> h01ger: I'm still not sure on the question
19:47:48 <tumbleweed> are we talking about bursary budget?
19:47:52 <tumbleweed> or accomm budget?
19:47:58 <tumbleweed> madduck: ok
19:48:32 <madduck> nkukard: second question: assuming the two numbers from question 1 are x and y, is x/100 and y/250 more expensive or less than 62/87 and 134/184 ?
19:48:33 * DLange wonders why I see less data than tumbleweed, exports again
19:48:45 <tumbleweed> DLange: I see 216 rows
19:48:55 <cate> DLange: wrong machine? wrong database?
19:48:56 <h01ger> tumbleweed: you should define what we are talking about. eg, tell me not to talk about bursary numbers now, this is accom budget. now i got it, for me this topic had drifted into (general) "budget"…
19:48:58 <madduck> that's sponsored accom vs. total accom
19:48:59 <tumbleweed> DLange: ~wafer/registered-attendees.csv is my dump
19:49:01 <highvoltage> madduck: nkukard doesn't seem to be present at present
19:49:04 * superfly reaches out to Obsidian directly, since we've been talking about numbers and sponsorship
19:49:05 <nkukard> heh
19:49:16 <highvoltage> oh there you are
19:49:16 <madduck> highvoltage: he is ;)
19:49:38 <tumbleweed> I'd like to bring us back to the topic
19:49:40 <madduck> let's not answer this now, and move on ;)
19:49:43 <h01ger> hi nkukard :)
19:49:44 <nkukard> when my IRC chat scrolls faster than anything else, and I am currently at work it is hard to keep up, sorry
19:49:48 <tumbleweed> no, we aren' tready to move on
19:49:51 * h01ger looks at tumbleweed
19:50:00 <tumbleweed> do we adjust our accomm bookings?
19:50:08 <madduck> what are they?
19:50:17 <tumbleweed> 100 for debcamp, 200 for debconf
19:50:34 <nkukard> the budget is based on maximum numbers we can accomodate
19:50:37 <tumbleweed> err 300 for debconf
19:50:42 <tumbleweed> or did we adgjust that down again
19:50:48 <cate> tumbleweed: after you and DLange reconciliate the numbers, I think it is sensible thing to do
19:50:51 <tumbleweed> the pdf says 300
19:51:04 <madduck> tumbleweed: why not make them 92/186 or whatever now while we can? we can probably add rooms later, I'd assume.
19:51:19 <nkukard> the last update I received was 250 max for debconf, and 100 max for debcamp
19:51:20 <madduck> and if not, people just luck out if they wait this long.
19:51:22 <h01ger> tumbleweed: can we sideline the topic for 2-5min where we have nkukard attention now (if / should we need it)? /me dont wanna chair but just observing
19:51:23 * DLange grabs tumbleweed's dump
19:51:25 <nkukard> ref http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc16.git/tree/budget/budget.ledger
19:52:09 <nkukard> summary is here https://storm.debian.net/shared/pg75HcKvGVql2SS_PdlitmnPFMUTTYz4_A6mqT_LeDr , +- 1 page down
19:52:20 <tumbleweed> nkukard: thanks
19:52:51 <tumbleweed> madduck: well, it isn't that simple
19:52:59 <tumbleweed> we have 56 with a bursary_need of "unable"
19:53:17 <tumbleweed> so, it's hard to justify adjusting to exactly 92/186
19:53:18 <madduck> ah.
19:53:27 <tumbleweed> never mind no-shows
19:53:33 <madduck> so what you are saying is that bursaries needs to make decisions ASAP
19:53:38 <madduck> deadline?
19:53:47 <tumbleweed> bursaries team doesn't even exist yet :P
19:53:50 <madduck> it does
19:54:11 <tumbleweed> there is no hard deadline
19:54:15 <nkukard> very sure it does, bremner and his team of virtual badgers
19:54:16 <tumbleweed> it just gets more expensive to decrease rooms
19:54:25 <highvoltage> hmm, last year there was a discussion about no-shows and saying there should be some info or something saying that sponsored no-shows will get a mark or something for following sponsorship requests
19:54:26 <madduck> bremner: realistically, bursaries is grunt work, but how quick can we do it if we tie ourselves to chairs?
19:54:29 <tumbleweed> nkukard: no, I mean, I don't think the team is full, yet
19:54:34 * h01ger cant find the summary in that sandstorm :(
19:54:41 <nkukard> tumbleweed, I got that impression too
19:54:42 <madduck> tumbleweed: when does it start to get more expensive?
19:54:47 <DLange> tumbleweed: in your file I see 33 attendees with DebCamp=True. Either my LO import is broken or yours.
19:54:53 <indiebio> tumbleweed: I would fix DebCamp at 238. more than that we need to use some other acc. in terms of total attending, I don't know.
19:55:08 <indiebio> ag, sorry. I mean for DebConf, and those needing acc
19:55:25 <indiebio> and at that number, we have exclusive use of the res
19:55:46 <tumbleweed> DLange: I have 121 with False
19:55:47 <nkukard> indiebio, but 238 would assume everyone stays at fuller?
19:56:05 <indiebio> sure. that's just the only number I have
19:56:22 <tumbleweed> madduck: 45 days prior to arrival, we pay 10% of the contracted amount
19:56:25 <tumbleweed> 29 days, 50%
19:56:30 <tumbleweed> so, 29 days is the big one
19:56:59 <madduck> tumbleweed: so mid-may. We can easily do this and get pretty accurate numbers by then…
19:57:12 <indiebio> tumbleweed, DLange: can you put the numbers you (hopefully) agree on in the agenda? IRC too much noise
19:57:22 <madduck> and since we're talking a decrease, we can also push out to people the message that they should request accom now or they will be on their own.
19:57:23 <tumbleweed> indiebio: 238 sounds *way* bigger than courrent registration
19:57:28 <DLange> tumbleweed: there must be something wrong with the LO import. Let's go with your data and I'll check with you in priv.
19:58:09 <tumbleweed> DLange: ~stefanor/registered-attendees-3.ods on itchy
19:58:15 <h01ger> what does "roomboard" mean in different words?
19:58:25 <DLange> tumbleweed: grabbing
19:58:28 <tumbleweed> room and board means a room and food
19:58:57 <madduck> h01ger: "vollpension"
19:59:12 <tumbleweed> madduck: yeah, we could send a mail saying there is still venue accomm available, register now...
19:59:26 <tumbleweed> OK, it sounds like this can slide a little longer
19:59:29 <tumbleweed> let's move on
19:59:31 <madduck> \o/
19:59:38 <tumbleweed> #agreed finalize numbers by mid-may (ideally early may)
19:59:47 <nkukard> when does the budget need to be submitted to DPL?
19:59:48 <tumbleweed> #topic new meeting time
19:59:48 <madduck> bremner: ^
19:59:51 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: anyquorum?
19:59:53 <h01ger> madduck: thanks, but still doesnt make sense. will ask you in query…
19:59:58 <highvoltage> https://framadate.org/71BvMlgaDogvKBDO
20:00:11 <tamo> tumbleweed: I agree keep it open as long as possible
20:00:12 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: we don't have a quorum defined for the meeting time
20:00:17 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: but we do have consencus
20:00:22 <highvoltage> consensus, even
20:00:36 <highvoltage> Thursdays ar 16:30 UTC
20:00:49 <highvoltage> until the end of May
20:00:52 <cate> nkukard: when you are ready. When you need money
20:01:10 <highvoltage> If there's any good objection against that, please speak now or forever hold your peace.
20:01:20 <tumbleweed> wednesdays 18:30 still are the overall winner including ?s
20:01:32 <tumbleweed> I think?
20:01:58 <tumbleweed> shall we switch to thursday?
20:02:09 <DLange> tumbleweed: o.k., I can confirm your data, I had a filter in the spreadsheet that hid valid users
20:02:11 <tamo> highvoltage: is that 18:30 SA time
20:02:12 <highvoltage> over the whole period thursdays looked better. personally I think either are good
20:02:17 <madduck> i won't be able to attend at all, while I will try to make more wed meetings.
20:02:24 <madduck> tamo: yes.
20:02:27 <highvoltage> tamo: that is correct. 16:30 UTC is 18:30 SAST
20:02:47 <tamo> highvoltage: ok thanks Thursday 18:30 is a no for me :(
20:02:56 <tumbleweed> madduck: you could fill it in, and we'd see what happened :P
20:02:59 <tamo> madduck: thanks
20:03:04 <madduck> tumbleweed: it has tooooo many columns!
20:03:05 <madduck> ;)
20:03:08 <tumbleweed> yeah, it does
20:03:11 <highvoltage> ok, +1 for me for Wednesdays then
20:03:12 <tumbleweed> it's spread over too many weeks
20:03:15 <h01ger> is there a favorite for those most active? or are those those who voted anyway?
20:03:24 <indiebio> tumbleweed: it's specially for larjona, she's doing a lot and can't really make wednesdays
20:03:25 <tumbleweed> it sounds like we either need more input, or we need to stay where we are
20:03:45 <tamo> highvoltage: +1 Wed
20:03:52 <larjona> Well I'm managing to be here on mobile, or catch up later
20:03:58 <tumbleweed> I think we stick to wednesday for now
20:04:00 <tumbleweed> check this again in a week
20:04:11 <larjona> I would prioritize tamo (local) over me
20:04:14 <tumbleweed> #action no change yet. FILL OUT THE POLL, PEOPLE
20:04:23 * h01ger better likes 1630…
20:04:27 <tumbleweed> larjona: yeah, that's my thinking too
20:04:32 <tamo> larjona: shame larjona that's kind
20:04:35 <tumbleweed> OK, are we done?
20:04:40 <tumbleweed> #topic any other business?
20:04:41 <highvoltage> yep
20:05:03 * tumbleweed has people waiting for me, to go to lunch :P
20:05:04 <h01ger> highvoltage: please answer pollo's question on #-video :)
20:05:10 <highvoltage> (that was a late 'yep' we are done with that topic)
20:05:23 <tumbleweed> it appears no other business
20:05:25 <tumbleweed> #endmeeting