20:00:36 <highvoltage> #startmeeting
20:00:36 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jul 28 20:00:36 2016 UTC.  The chair is highvoltage. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
20:00:36 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
20:00:47 <highvoltage> Agenda: https://cryptpad.fr/p/#JVllyL3qWwDR9mDQmfmNCN9n
20:01:02 <pollo> we could indeed skip the chair part
20:01:17 <lavamind> we have a big agenda, let's get on with it
20:01:18 <highvoltage> #topic New members welcome
20:01:24 <pollo> \0
20:01:27 <tumbleweed> o/
20:01:28 <cate> o/
20:01:29 <lavamind> \o/
20:01:29 <maxy> Hi
20:01:32 <LeLutin> /o/
20:01:35 <olasd> *wave*
20:01:36 <lavamind> \o\
20:01:37 <tamo> o/
20:01:40 <paddatrapper> \o
20:01:56 <nattie> o/
20:01:57 * madduck .
20:02:07 <madduck> (very far away)
20:02:08 <lavamind> so, to new members: welcome!
20:02:09 * luca is here
20:02:10 <pollo> tvaz: ??
20:02:16 <highvoltage> lavamind: thanks! next topic?
20:02:22 <Mithrandir> hoi
20:02:26 <DLange> o/
20:02:32 <nattie> anyone new actually there?
20:02:33 <lavamind> if you have any questions, about anything, feel free to ask me by email
20:02:38 <highvoltage> I meant,
20:02:42 <highvoltage> #topic New meeting schedule and remote participation
20:02:50 <highvoltage> nattie: it doesn't seem so
20:03:13 <pollo> well, I laid out some options for meeting on the pad
20:03:27 <DLange> Thursday 10pm UCT seems good
20:03:29 <madduck> really the most important thing is for MTL people to be there. We can discuss this endlessly and everyone will have preferences, but in the end, if you have a regular schedule that works for MTL, you'll be surprised how the rest of us will manage to fit in.
20:03:30 <pollo> I'm in favor of option 1
20:03:35 <lavamind> I like option #1
20:03:35 <tumbleweed> I think some things can only be done on IRC
20:04:07 <tumbleweed> for venue-related issues, and other things that only really need discussion within the local team, you can get away with in-person meetings
20:04:22 <lavamind> we seem to have lots of people on today, I suggest maybe we keep this schedule for IRC meetings every two weeks?
20:04:23 <tumbleweed> but if you include everyone, I think it'll build stronger teams
20:04:28 * LeLutin likes #1 too. also would be happy about some kind of fixed date/interval
20:04:41 <olasd> I've never seen mixed real-life / remote meetings work very well
20:04:48 <highvoltage> lavamind: sounds good
20:04:49 <nattie> 10pm?  i thought 8pm?
20:04:52 <madduck> they do not, olasd.
20:04:55 <lavamind> btw we already have a potluck lined up for the local team
20:04:56 <paddatrapper> Something always slips through
20:04:59 <cate> I like short meetings, any option is fine,
20:05:02 <olasd> even when the real-life team does very good real-time note-taking
20:05:03 <madduck> nattie: 2000 UTC, as in now.
20:05:18 <nattie> yeah, that'll be, i'm sure, a typo on DLange's part
20:05:19 <LeLutin> olasd: they are very tough to make work correctly. there's always stuff said in real life that doesn't move to IRC
20:05:21 <DLange> yeah, 10pm CEST
20:05:30 <pollo> I also go in favor of fixed meetings, but I can't commit atm since I don't have my univesity schedule yet
20:05:32 <DLange> ETIMEZONE
20:05:36 <lavamind> next meeting would be august 11 at 20:00 UTC
20:05:51 <paddatrapper> DLange: Well UCT time is 10pm at the moment :)
20:06:02 <highvoltage> pollo: you're important, so when your university schedule is released, we can adapt again
20:06:05 <nattie> ooh, hi Squishie
20:06:08 <DLange> paddatrapper++
20:06:25 <paddatrapper> hey nattie
20:06:26 <lavamind> pollo: I agree, the current schedule would be subject to adjustment obiously
20:06:37 <olasd> sounds like everybody agrees for option 1 and a fixed schedule of thursdays 8PM UTC
20:06:45 <olasd> once every second thursday
20:06:51 <pollo> \0/
20:06:52 <madduck> until MTL changes it.
20:07:02 <highvoltage> so is it agreed that we'll continue at every second thursday at 20:00 UTC until further notice?
20:07:06 <cate> yes
20:07:10 <tumbleweed> is every 2nd thursday often enough? (if work only happens before / after meetings)
20:07:16 <lavamind> highvoltage: yes
20:07:20 <pollo> tumbleweed: for now yes
20:07:25 <tamo> tumbleweed: I agree should be very week it seems to work well
20:07:28 <maxy> That's actually quite often.
20:07:29 <LeLutin> sounds good to me
20:07:34 <highvoltage> # agreed IRC meetings will continue every 2nd Thursday at 20:00 UTC on #debconf-team on oftc until further notice
20:07:39 <highvoltage> #agreed IRC meetings will continue every 2nd Thursday at 20:00 UTC on #debconf-team on oftc until further notice
20:07:42 <lavamind> tumbleweed: work will happen on other days, not worried about that
20:07:49 <tumbleweed> OK :)
20:07:54 <olasd> tumbleweed: this far out I think it's reasonable, but it should probably be tightened up closer to the conf
20:08:03 <pollo> +1
20:08:08 <LeLutin> +1
20:08:08 <lavamind> we will announce local flesh meetups on the list
20:08:19 <pollo> hmm, flesh
20:08:21 <olasd> flesh meetups, tasty
20:08:22 <luca> meatspace
20:08:34 <nattie> in the country, in the flesh
20:08:35 <madduck> do make an effort to send reports of those to the list for transparency reasons.
20:08:37 * highvoltage takes that as a queue for a topic change
20:08:40 <highvoltage> #topic Team roles review & membership
20:08:48 * tumbleweed hopes to attend one of those :)
20:08:52 <ginggs> *cue
20:09:04 <highvoltage> ginggs: ah yes, indeed.
20:09:04 <DLange> you're the meat, tumbleweed :)
20:09:05 <nattie> ginggs: how do you know there's not a huge line forming?
20:09:27 <pollo> yo people, fill out the wiki for the roles: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/LocalTeamRoles
20:09:30 <LeLutin> tumbleweed: would be happy to have you around sometime :)
20:09:33 <ginggs> nattie: we're not all british
20:09:33 <lavamind> the sign up page has seen some action lately
20:09:45 <madduck> regarding team roles, I think it's important to identify 1–2 MTL drivers for each of the roles and publish those names, so that whenever anyone wants to help out, they know whom to talk to
20:09:45 <luca> why aren't we talking about governance? at the very least to let newbies like me know what's what
20:09:50 <highvoltage> #action < pollo> yo people, fill out the wiki for the roles: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/LocalTeamRoles
20:10:06 <luca> if it's still being worked on, that's fine; just say so
20:10:07 <nattie> highvoltage: #action or #info?
20:10:18 <madduck> luca: it's being worked on.
20:10:37 <lavamind> we've had comments that the info on the page could be clearer, so until we fix that, feel free to ask about any of the roles here
20:10:39 <pollo> luca: yeah, I think we skipped that for this meeting
20:10:42 <highvoltage> nattie: action seems to better imply that someone has to do something
20:10:52 <nattie> highvoltage: fair enough
20:11:00 <lavamind> Signup == Lead(s)
20:11:04 <lavamind> Cooperation == Helpers
20:11:14 <nattie> oh, in that case i'd better move my thing in the wiki
20:11:20 <madduck> lavamind: might help to change the headers. It wasn't clear to me.
20:11:31 <pollo> lavamind: ditto
20:11:45 <LeLutin> lavamind: should we bug martin to be signup on network instead of helper?
20:11:49 <tumbleweed> o_O no video team
20:11:52 <luca> RACI-style would be good
20:11:52 <paddatrapper> and maybe the order?
20:11:55 <pollo> madduck: I don,t think we'll have enought people to fill out the whole team roles with local team though
20:12:10 <luca> Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed
20:12:11 <lavamind> LeLutin: I'll poke him about it
20:12:27 <madduck> pollo: some roles have natural born drivers
20:12:45 <luca> Responsible = helpers; Accountable = lead
20:13:11 <lavamind> luca: it's not clear whether lead actually has to do the work
20:13:13 <cate> tumbleweed: video team is an entity on his own, like bursaries
20:13:18 <lavamind> according to RACI he/she doesn't
20:13:33 <lavamind> if i understood the concept correctly
20:13:34 <madduck> lead == responsible. come on! ;)
20:13:41 <luca> lavamind: with RACI, you put names in both R and A if the lead also does work
20:13:42 <olasd> cate: registration too?
20:13:44 <tumbleweed> cate: registration team is too, but is listed
20:13:48 <madduck> responsible includes keeping helpers on board…
20:13:53 <tumbleweed> olasd: and no cheese team
20:14:02 <lavamind> luca: seems a bit convoluted for our purposes
20:14:11 <madduck> for the moment, neither cheese nor registration have much to do.
20:14:12 <luca> good thing it isn't a standard :)
20:14:14 <cate> olasd, tumbleweed: rgistration need a lot of contacts with other teams, local venue, etc.
20:14:19 <nattie> tumbleweed: cheese team is too important for a mere wiki page!
20:14:30 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: would it be overkill to add another heading and table for video team?
20:14:35 * tumbleweed is derailling conversation, and stops it
20:14:41 <pollo> can someone take the action to work on team wiki clarity?
20:14:44 <lavamind> normally we shoudl see everyone's names on this page
20:14:49 <tumbleweed> but I think the point is that this used to bea local teams list, and has grown
20:14:52 <tumbleweed> so it is missing some bits
20:14:53 <madduck> luca: especially since accountable and responsible mean the same thing ;)
20:15:10 <paddatrapper> highvoltage: Maybe just a link to the videoteam page with signup?
20:15:13 <luca> madduck: i refer the gentleperson to PMI
20:15:26 <olasd> pollo: someone who knows the intention behind that page should, yes
20:15:52 <luca> i'm happy to work on the wiki but i'll make it smell RACI-like
20:15:52 <pollo> can we agree on the fact that this list is now more than "mtl team" list?
20:15:56 <lavamind> the intention was to have a quick overview of who's committed to doing what
20:15:59 <highvoltage> #action (action is up for grabs) improve clarity of TeamRoles page and ensure all types of work are on there
20:16:16 <cate> and move the page, without "Local" on title
20:16:21 <olasd> pollo: it certainly doesn't look local
20:16:26 <nattie> cate: that's already been done, i think
20:16:31 <lavamind> however since then I have seen that there's overlap with https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/Teams
20:16:40 <cate> right.
20:16:42 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: I just grabbed and fixed the first bit of that
20:16:50 <lavamind> cate: there should be a redirect... https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/TeamRoles
20:17:26 <cate> lavamind: yes, I noticed later. i was checking only the URL
20:17:31 <lavamind> someone inverted the headers but not the content
20:17:33 <maxy> It might be better to drop the global teams, and keep only the ones that serve a function for the local team organization.
20:17:39 <madduck> lavamind: that Teams page is probably outdated. Don't follow it blindly. Whatever works for you…
20:17:58 <pollo> highvoltage: can you #action me on making it clearer?
20:18:03 <lavamind> madduck: some bits obviously are outdated, not everything
20:18:07 <highvoltage> so no objections to the statement that that wiki page is for the entire team, not just the local team?
20:18:10 <tumbleweed> maxy: I don't agree with that
20:18:17 <madduck> lavamind: sure.
20:18:20 <lavamind> highvoltage: none from me
20:18:25 <tumbleweed> fresh local teams often don't even know what existing teams there are in debconf
20:18:38 <tumbleweed> I certainly missed a few, and I've been around for a while
20:18:39 <highvoltage> #action pollo will work on and clear up https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/TeamRoles
20:19:02 <tumbleweed> that doesn't mean it has to list all the membership of all the teams, but pointing at leaders is useful
20:19:02 <pollo> calendar?
20:19:06 <highvoltage> #agreed https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/TeamRoles is used for the entire DC17 team.
20:19:23 <highvoltage> #topic Making a calendar for the year
20:19:33 <highvoltage> "DC16 had a timeline for the whole year (https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Timeline). Making something similar would be a very good idea"
20:19:45 <pollo> great, IMHO the best way to make on is to meat in meatspace in MTL over some beers
20:19:58 <madduck> i'll be happy to work with people on that. I think it's the most important resource we can create for DebConf orga.
20:19:58 <tumbleweed> I wouldn't spend a huge amount of time on it. But yes, you should copy-paste and read through it
20:20:00 <tamo> highvoltage: not that it was really stuck too? Was it?
20:20:01 <cate> This should be done off-meeting and commented in mailing list/next meeting
20:20:16 <pollo> cate: that was my intention yesy
20:20:21 <tamo> highvoltage: but def very good to have
20:20:32 <pollo> tumbleweed: why? can't we stick to it?
20:20:41 <tumbleweed> pollo: you'll quickly fall off it , and never refer to it again
20:20:48 <highvoltage> tamo: I'm missing some context, what was (or wasn't) stuck?
20:20:49 * Hydroxide realized that the meeting may be here and not in #debian-quebec - hello to #-team for the first time in years.
20:20:55 <tumbleweed> it's useful to plan your road ahead now, but it isn't worth a huge investment
20:21:05 <tamo> highvoltage: the timeline
20:21:12 <highvoltage> Hy droxide
20:21:14 <madduck> pollo: it's far from being reliable as in authoritative of sorts. It needs work, and dc17 will contribute your part, and we'll keep improving it beyond that
20:21:23 <LeLutin> I chances are this timeline won't be complete, but it should help give a good direction to what's needed when
20:21:30 <LeLutin> s/I //
20:21:36 <tumbleweed> it's also a good opporutinity to tweak things
20:21:38 <highvoltage> tamo: ah right. yes, there were mixed results.
20:21:39 <tamo> LeLutin: yup important I think
20:21:45 <lavamind> if someone wants to work on it
20:21:55 <lavamind> now would be a good time to volunteer
20:22:03 <pollo> madduck does, so do i
20:22:03 <madduck> so I agree with tumbleweed that it shouldn't govern your work too much, but I'd still like to create such a resource long-term. And stick to it, of course, if possible, or else it needs to be fixed.
20:22:03 <tumbleweed> i.e. the perennial problem of how we get bursaries done long enough in advance to buy cheap flights, without being too early for people to commit
20:22:22 <tumbleweed> the whole registration + bursary timeframe needs to be carefully worked out
20:22:31 <pollo> but I'd like another mtler at least
20:22:33 <tumbleweed> it's the most critical timeline you'll have to stick to
20:22:44 <tamo> agreed
20:22:45 <highvoltage> #info the whole registration + bursary timeframe needs to be carefully worked out
20:22:49 <LeLutin> tumbleweed: +1
20:22:55 <ginggs> yeah, it needs to be: register, bursaries, book flights, visa
20:23:03 <madduck> tumbleweed: yes, but it would not hurt to have things like "t-shirt quotes" in there early as it might mean someone with spare time picks it up early.
20:23:10 <LeLutin> pollo: I could help out with the timeline
20:23:17 <pollo> \0/
20:23:32 <highvoltage> #action LeLutin to help out with the timeline
20:23:33 <tumbleweed> madduck: I think doing everything as soon as possible is a reasonable approach (which never happens :P )
20:23:35 <pollo> great, we now have a calendar team
20:23:49 <pollo> highvoltage: +pollo +madduck
20:23:53 <lavamind> pollo, LeLutin, one of you create & assign this task to yourself on Kanboard and give it a 30 day timeframe
20:24:02 <cate> and the "venue need the exact numbers", "venue needs good estimate" and so on, so we can change registration and other timeliens
20:24:08 <tumbleweed> LeLutin: I'm happy to help with the registrations bits of that
20:24:16 <LeLutin> lavamind: will do, I'm already logged
20:24:17 <pollo> lavamind: I plan on assigning all the tasks on Kanboard after the meeting
20:24:20 <madduck> lavamind: the initial version, ok. There won't be a final version. The task will be endless ;)
20:24:21 <highvoltage> #action pollo and madduck to work on timeline as well
20:24:29 <lavamind> madduck: indeed
20:24:36 <LeLutin> pollo: ok then I wait and we'll add this after meeting
20:24:41 <lavamind> next topic
20:24:45 <highvoltage> #topic Launching sponsorship drive
20:24:55 <lavamind> aviau: ping!
20:25:02 <madduck> fundraising drive ;)
20:25:03 <pollo> lavamind: we tried to let people assign themselves on Kanboard and they don't, so I'll do it
20:25:10 <DLange> how's the sponsorship brochure coming along?
20:25:20 <madduck> fundraising brochure ;)
20:25:34 <DLange> same thing :)
20:25:37 <highvoltage> oh wow that question again /o\
20:25:38 <tumbleweed> and we need a placeholder website up :P (presumably blocked on me a bit)
20:25:40 <lavamind> could someone send a reminder on the list about using this sponsorship list
20:25:51 <pollo> Christina from MTL was also interested for this, but I haven,t heard back from her yet
20:25:55 <lavamind> I lost the git URL and I think I remember seeing a wiki page about it
20:26:01 <lavamind> but I couldn't find the info
20:26:23 <pollo> tumbleweed: a website stub would be of great help indeed
20:26:25 <lavamind> madduck and aviau are assigned to work on a sponsorship brochure
20:26:33 <madduck> oh?
20:26:41 <lavamind> flyer
20:26:49 <highvoltage> lavamind: use the sponsorship list for... a contact point for sponsors? a place to work on fundraising?
20:27:18 <lavamind> highvoltage: fundraising
20:27:40 <lavamind> how to look at who is point on which sponsors, etc
20:27:45 <pollo> indiebio also wanted to work on fundraising
20:27:46 <madduck> lavamind: the brochure needs a local to invest 1–2 hours to beef it up with relevant text and update quotes. I considered my work done, just to fix up expectations…
20:27:58 <LeLutin> should taht website be setup on debconf17.debconf.org or some other place?
20:28:01 <pollo> madduck: I'll ping aviau then
20:28:04 <lavamind> madduck: so this is done? https://debconf17-kanboard.univers-libre.net/project/2/task/28
20:28:11 <tumbleweed> LeLutin: yes
20:28:27 <highvoltage> #info reminder that debconf-sponsors list is the place to discuss fundraising topics
20:28:35 <cate> LeLutin: on debconf17.debconf.org is better. We can keep it forever
20:28:48 <LeLutin> cate: ok great
20:29:06 <lavamind> #action pollo to ping aviau about fundraising flyer / brochure
20:29:20 <lavamind> not sure why this bit hasn't progressed since dc16
20:29:30 <pollo> life
20:29:42 <madduck> lavamind: can't look. My account doesn't work anymore. I created a compiling tex base with most info and some TODOs
20:29:45 <cate> rm life
20:29:51 <highvoltage> this topic contains some items that will need further discussion some later time.
20:29:55 <lavamind> madduck: use the reset password link
20:30:08 <madduck> lavamind: of course.
20:30:19 <madduck> cate: echo debconf > life you meant? ;)
20:30:28 <pollo> tumbleweed: do you want to work on the website stub?
20:30:48 <tumbleweed> pollo: I can get the infrastructure up, but I'm not a website design person
20:30:50 <pollo> you have access to the debconf servers & all
20:30:53 <tumbleweed> unless you like the 90s web
20:30:57 * highvoltage did a website stub last time and it wasn't very fancy but will be happy to do it again
20:30:59 <madduck> tumbleweed: ++
20:31:05 <lavamind> tumbleweed: a 90s web stub is fine
20:31:11 <tamo> tumbleweed: I can always help with teh deisgn if you need it?
20:31:22 <LeLutin> tumbleweed: I was planning to get involved with the website but I'm unfortunately not a design person either
20:31:34 <pollo> can't we ask superfly to make a us single-pager?
20:31:36 <madduck> get the content up and let people work on design in parallel
20:31:37 <tumbleweed> we really need someone to play the role superfly did last year
20:31:41 <lavamind> tamo and I are happy to work on the design part
20:31:44 <nitrane> lavamind: How can I create my accound on the kanboard?
20:31:52 <lavamind> nitrane: coming up
20:31:56 * superfly 's ears burn
20:32:03 <tamo> lavamind: yes def!
20:32:04 <nattie> who da fly?  he da fly!
20:32:08 <madduck> tumbleweed: he set a high standard, but we can also make websites of the 90s and the conference will work ;)
20:32:20 <tumbleweed> yep
20:32:21 <highvoltage> superfly: ah, I was just about to ask tumbleweed if we have you again this year :)
20:32:31 <tumbleweed> and you shouldn't block on a pretty website for fundraising. That was a mistake we made
20:32:36 <LeLutin> tumbleweed: during dc16 I said I could take on superfly's role for the website
20:32:51 <superfly> I can help, but I'm not going to be "full time"
20:32:55 <tumbleweed> sensible :)
20:32:59 <pollo> LeLutin: can we action you on dc17.d.o then?
20:33:04 <highvoltage> cool.
20:33:05 <LeLutin> pollo: yep
20:33:07 * superfly has a lot to sort out in the next year
20:33:32 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: action me too
20:33:54 <LeLutin> great. having more than 1 person is going to help me getting bootstrapped :)
20:34:06 <highvoltage> #action LeLution responsible for dc17.d.o, superfly can help out, tumbleweed is doing stub and general webiness
20:34:18 <madduck> so regarding fundraising, I think the brochure should get done and then we have a fundraising meeting to kickstart.
20:34:41 <lavamind> madduck: action on getting a meeting going?
20:34:42 <olasd> I'd be glad to shadow tumbleweed on the code/deployment part of the website to avoid a unit bus factor
20:34:54 <madduck> i am happy to help aviau or whomever to make it happen, but I am about to leave for holidays, so time is limited.
20:35:04 <madduck> lavamind: once the brochure is done; yes.
20:35:12 <lavamind> ok
20:35:13 <pollo> yeah. better bug aviau to get the brochure first
20:35:22 <lavamind> me and pollo with bug aviau about it
20:35:41 <pollo> next topic?
20:35:47 <lavamind> this has to be done within the next week or so
20:35:49 <highvoltage> #action pollo: get in touch with aviau regarding sponsorship brochure
20:36:00 <highvoltage> #topic Content team participation
20:36:00 <tamo> madduck: do you need help on the design of the brochure or are you doing your own thing? Happy to help there too
20:36:16 <pollo> as you can see, no one on the wiki for the content team yet
20:36:33 <maxy> I'm planning to work on the content team.
20:36:34 <pollo> is anyone from MTL down for this?
20:36:44 <cate> tamo: this year the sponsorship brochure is in LaTeX, so... we need latex gurus more than a designer
20:36:50 <highvoltage> is wendar on board for dc17 content team?
20:36:55 <tamo> cate: ah ok
20:37:01 <maxy> But it's still not clear to me if I need to add myself to the wiki..
20:37:12 <pollo> maxy: yes!
20:37:26 <lavamind> afaict no one from Mtl is on content yet
20:37:27 <olasd> isn't there an existing content team? shouldn't that team drive the recruiting?
20:37:29 <madduck> tamo: (brochure) I am a content person with interest to have something to send around ASAP. If you want to brush it up, we'll likely switch to it.
20:37:32 <pollo> I can be mtl on content too
20:37:43 <pollo> but not lead
20:37:55 <olasd> I'm external to this so I'm sorry if I ask a possibly dumb question
20:37:56 <DLange> highvoltage: no, she'll help with the sponsors team
20:38:07 <tamo> madduck: okidoke well as soon as you have the content then great
20:38:10 <madduck> maxy: yes. add yourself. I am also interested in working on content.
20:38:24 <madduck> tamo: you can start already. That's the magic of LaTeX… ;)
20:38:27 <pollo> is there a list I should suscribe to?
20:38:51 <cate> pollo: ask Ganneff. it is an alias
20:38:53 <tamo> madduck: cool will chat to you out of meeting are you available tomorrow?
20:38:56 <madduck> pollo: it's an alias I think. We'll have to give Ganneff the list…
20:39:21 <madduck> tamo: please just try to ping, or leave a note and I'll get back to you.
20:39:22 <olasd> probably the current members of the alias should collegially do that?
20:39:29 <cate> But if it is enough to signup to wiki to enter in a team... you will get surprises..
20:39:39 <tamo> madduck: sure thing!
20:39:40 <highvoltage> #info content team mail contact is an alias, list of updated members can be handed to Ganneff
20:39:48 <cate> I think you need a lead and then select people who can work together
20:40:03 <olasd> highvoltage: I don't think that's correct
20:40:17 <highvoltage> hmm, now how do I uninfo something
20:40:17 <madduck> I think this relates to topic #9 and it'd be great if a local took the lead.
20:40:27 <madduck> you don't.
20:40:30 <tumbleweed> because nobody else seems to be taking lead
20:40:45 <highvoltage> #info (UNDO) content team mail contact is an alias, list of updated members can be handed to Ganneff
20:40:51 <highvoltage> (just doing it outlook style then)
20:41:00 <madduck> haha
20:41:21 <lavamind> tvaz, poke?
20:41:22 <pollo> well, we are 3 atm so I guess we'll see
20:41:25 <cate> let's ask azeem (who is not online yet)
20:41:40 <olasd> I don't think it was clear that the page was for global teams to sign up too; while I have no idea if any of the current team members want to lead I don't think you should replace them just yet
20:41:47 <highvoltage> pollo, lavamind: I suppose topic #9 can then be deferred to the next meeting.
20:42:05 <lavamind> highvoltage: yes
20:42:11 <pollo> +1
20:42:12 <tumbleweed> olasd: wasn't it discussed in person at the handover session, and there weren't people? I may be misremembering, though
20:42:13 <madduck> olasd: nobody is being replaced. But yes, highvoltage, #info that the current team needs to be consulted.
20:42:18 <highvoltage> #topic hosting Owncloud/Nextcloud & Kanboard on the Debconf servers
20:42:33 <pollo> woot, Kanboard is nice
20:42:44 <pollo> Owncloud can be replaced by storm Davros though
20:42:54 <lavamind> no objections from us on moving these to debconf infra
20:43:07 <madduck> can we operate with existing hosting for dc17 and see if it works and only then impose work on infra?
20:43:15 <tumbleweed> +1 to that
20:43:37 <pollo> but aren't debconf machines being moved to DSA this year?
20:43:38 <lavamind> we can
20:43:43 <highvoltage> #agreed local team agrees that cloud file storage and kanboard should live on DC infra
20:43:45 <madduck> pollo: they have been for 5 years ;)
20:43:46 <tumbleweed> pollo: "this year" :P
20:44:01 <pollo> I just think we need to do it before
20:44:03 <cate> only some services. I don't think we can move all to DSA
20:44:10 <madduck> pollo: why?
20:44:28 <pollo> madduck: to be clear on what services we need?
20:44:40 <lavamind> the keyword is "should", not "must" nor "shall"
20:44:49 <pollo> I'd feel bad arriving 1 year later with a bunch of new stuf for them to host
20:44:51 <madduck> well, for now, we are going to try to use kanboard, right?
20:45:04 <pollo> yup
20:45:05 <madduck> pollo: but then it'd be for dc18
20:45:28 <lavamind> I tend to agree that the best time to move these things is in between dc's
20:45:35 <madduck> and we kinda agreed in person that Git is the place where development happens, if possible, and we use owncloud for file exchange for now?
20:45:41 <DLange> kanboard runs on storm.d.n as well, just sayin'
20:45:48 <LeLutin> we still have a small amount of tasks in kanboard. if it's possible to get an instance on dc infra we can hand-move what is already there
20:45:50 <pollo> DLange: wekan does
20:45:51 <tumbleweed> and there's wekan on storm
20:45:52 <madduck> lavamind: it only makes sense to move them if we as a team can work with them.
20:45:53 <lavamind> madduck: that has been agreed officially, actually
20:45:54 <pollo> not kanboard
20:45:59 <highvoltage> owncloud is so that we don't end up with a monstrous git again
20:45:59 <madduck> lavamind: good.
20:46:10 <DLange> o.k., pollo
20:46:11 <madduck> highvoltage: sounds good indeed.
20:46:31 <DLange> similar but not the same (functionaliy wise)
20:46:40 <pollo> wekan is much simpler
20:46:44 <madduck> and slower
20:46:49 <madduck> on storm
20:47:00 <pollo> I've looked at Davros and I really like it. I think we should scrap Owncloud
20:47:05 <lavamind> let's not dwell on infra any more
20:47:10 <DLange> storm isn't making things fast exactly (DO VM)
20:47:31 <madduck> pollo: set it up, get people to use it instead if you can.
20:47:33 <luca> at DC15, it was determined that DSA should be more involved with DC infra; some work was done; but work has stalled; at DC16 DSA BOF, we mentioned that we would like to proceed with completing the migration
20:47:34 <lavamind> pollo: we would lose common logins
20:47:46 <madduck> Davros & Owncloud are more like caches for us. So we can switch easily.
20:47:47 <luca> this takes willingness on the part of DC folks
20:47:50 <madduck> s/are/should be/
20:48:02 <highvoltage> I think the vim vs emacs of kanboard software and file hosting can be continued off-meeting.
20:48:09 <lavamind> #info you can use your Kanboard account to log in the DC17 ownCloud instance https://debconf17-owncloud.univers-libre.net
20:48:24 <madduck> luca: I am not trying to stop you, just trying to prevent you from having to do work that might not pay off.
20:48:55 <luca> madduck: i get that; i'm saying that even the existing stuff is stuck
20:49:04 <luca> madduck: let alone introducing new stuff
20:49:09 <madduck> luca: I think DC folks are generally very interested moving stuff for sake of reliability
20:49:12 <luca> madduck: so this needs A Plan
20:49:15 <cate> luca: the problem is that nobody know exactly what it means. For us dc machines are black boxes
20:49:44 <pollo> should we organise a meeting in the next month to talk about this?
20:50:01 <madduck> i think you guys should work on dc17 primarily.
20:50:02 <luca> DSA are willing to apply bleach as necessary to achieve transparency and redundancy
20:50:03 <cate> probably yes, with DSA and Ganneff
20:50:14 <pollo> madduck: i wasn't talking about myself :p
20:50:34 <madduck> child alarm. bbiab.
20:50:39 <pollo> but I can poll and organise a meeting if it helps
20:51:41 <cate> The meeting is going to fast.  50 min and we discussed a lot of topics. This is amazing
20:51:41 <highvoltage> pollo: that's a meeting for moving dc infra to debian infra?
20:51:50 <pollo> highvoltage: yup
20:52:05 <pollo> seems both sides needs to talk about what needs to be done
20:52:14 <cate> is video team infra also "dc infra"?
20:52:21 <olasd> yes
20:52:23 <luca> yes
20:52:24 <tumbleweed> yep
20:52:25 <highvoltage> #action pollo coordinate a meeting to (re-)kickstart discussions and put together a plan for moving DC infra to debian infra
20:52:39 <pollo> good
20:52:41 <highvoltage> #agreed video team infra is also dc infra
20:52:59 <luca> arguably, that was already agreed a year ago
20:53:07 <olasd> video team will (probably) organize a sprint in the fall to lay out some of the ground work
20:53:18 <highvoltage> luca: sure, but it's good to state it again for the record to put everyone on the same page
20:53:19 <luca> the whole point is to not have to stand this stuff up in a rush every year
20:53:33 <luca> highvoltage: PMI would call that a Decision Log
20:53:34 <pollo> +1
20:53:37 <highvoltage> 7 minutes left
20:53:44 <highvoltage> #topic DC16 leftover
20:53:57 <lavamind> highvoltage: you mean, 67 minutes left
20:54:03 <pollo> :p
20:54:05 <tumbleweed> finances, final report, photos
20:54:14 <ginggs> lavamind: depends on timezone :)
20:54:19 <highvoltage> yikes. can someone else chair for the last hour? :)
20:54:22 <lavamind> ginggs: ;)
20:54:47 <cate> Who will publish the group photos?
20:54:48 <lavamind> so, dc16-only meeting? will this work?
20:54:53 <cate> Now we have them, and the license
20:54:55 <pollo> anyone from MTL working on DC16 final report?
20:55:14 <lavamind> I'm willing to put some time in to help with the report, if I can get my bearings with it
20:55:16 <pollo> at least one of us should
20:55:53 <tamo> lavamind: that would work we do need one
20:55:56 <cate> pollo: according history no:  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/LocalTeamRoles
20:55:59 <cate> ops
20:56:02 <highvoltage> I think our final report will be fairly simple. I'm going to do a "Pollito's final report" on DC16 that might lend some inspiration.
20:56:06 <cate> https://wiki.debconf.org/action/history/DebConf16/FinalReport
20:56:22 <pollo> cate: lavamind now is
20:56:40 <madduck> regarding final report, I think collecting content on the wiki is most important. We also need a LaTeX document and a concept to make a shorter PDF report.
20:57:04 <madduck> for us, the wiki has a lot of details; our sponsors care little about 70 pages. They want to know about finances and some candy on top.
20:57:11 <DLange> tumbleweed: can you send UCT the issues with the invoice back? They asked again via email today.
20:57:16 <pollo> cate: can't publicity team publish the photos?
20:57:21 <tumbleweed> DLange: yes, I'm half way through that stuff
20:57:29 <LeLutin> lavamind: as a post-dc16/pre-dc17 we should make a pollito travel pdf like what highvoltage did. I could help out with that if I get the pollito photos of our return
20:57:37 <tumbleweed> I really wanted to get this done before I left cape town, but we didn't have all the invoices yet :(
20:57:37 <cate> pollo: publicity team is in holiday in this perios
20:57:40 <DLange> tumbleweed: great, thanks. ETA?
20:57:54 <tumbleweed> DLange: today. ALthough it's middday and it odesn't feel like I've woken up, yet
20:57:55 <lavamind> LeLutin: poke me about the photos after meeting
20:58:02 <LeLutin> lavamind: ack
20:58:11 * DLange injects coffee into tumbleweed
20:58:26 <madduck> pollo: I think one of  the dc16 people should publish the photo. like ginggs or highvoltage?
20:58:27 * lavamind snaps the booster cables
20:58:42 <tumbleweed> DLange: but yes, I'm also not touching final report until this stuff is all wound up :)
20:59:05 <DLange> for the team / orga photo we still need a better gimp than what cate and me came up with
20:59:23 <DLange> tamo, valessio or aigarius are the people to ask probably...
20:59:28 <tumbleweed> did we ask aigarius?
20:59:37 <lavamind> I would find it useful to have a quick final report sprint on IRC some time
20:59:38 <DLange> nope
20:59:44 <tumbleweed> lavamind: +1
20:59:47 <lavamind> it's not clear to me how I can help
20:59:48 <olasd> to be fair I think your gimp was fine
20:59:55 <madduck> we have not traditionally "published" that photo, used it mostly for the brochure actually. And there, we don't need a complete photo, at least not worth to block on.
20:59:56 <pollo> +1
20:59:59 <tamo> DLange: can do if you send all?
21:00:05 <lavamind> I can poke dc16 people about that in the next few days
21:00:06 <tumbleweed> IRC sprints seem to be the best way to commit time to it
21:00:17 * highvoltage is scheduled for software upgrades for the next 30 minutes so if someone could chair for that period that would be great
21:00:29 <DLange> tamo: sure, I'll send you a batch tomorrow. Thank you.
21:00:36 <madduck> highvoltage: i can. #addchair
21:00:43 <tumbleweed> madduck: traditionally we've had a photo wiki page that identifies everyone (that chooses to be identified)
21:00:43 <cate> highvoltage: end meeting and we continue "off-meeting"
21:00:44 <highvoltage> #addchair madduck
21:00:47 <tamo> DLange: sure tomorrow is the perfect day
21:01:06 <pollo> cate: +1
21:01:22 <lavamind> the recommendation letter os for the final report or fundraising brochure?
21:01:23 <tumbleweed> it'd be nice to put the photo up on the website, before we archive it
21:01:28 <madduck> highvoltage: that did not work. no idea how it works. looking.
21:01:36 <tumbleweed> #chair
21:01:37 <DLange> #action DLange to send tamo the group picture for cate enlightenment, Nigel inclusion and logo works
21:01:37 <tamo> ginggs: have we got the group photo yet?
21:01:38 <luca> okay, gentlepeople, i depart; i'll need input from people on budget and tools since i'm the newbie; i'm assuming nkukard?
21:01:59 <DLange> tamo: yes, we have all images from Jurie
21:02:00 <cate> DLange: ??
21:02:09 <cate> DLange: group photo is not orga photo
21:02:10 <tamo> DLange: perfect tahnks
21:02:13 <madduck> highvoltage: try #chair
21:02:23 <DLange> cate: get the shadow softened that hides most of your face
21:02:30 <pollo> luca: yes, and billux from MTL tea i think
21:02:37 <tamo> cate: yup I know, that is separate for adding nkukard
21:02:40 <highvoltage> #chair madduck
21:02:40 <MeetBot> Current chairs: highvoltage madduck
21:02:46 <madduck> ta
21:02:53 <cate> :-(
21:02:55 <luca> pollo: okay; i'll check in with you about it later
21:02:59 <luca> o/
21:03:08 <DLange> cate: true. Can you send the high-res picture(s) from Tolef to tamo please?
21:03:10 <madduck> luca: i'll be helping with accounting too.
21:03:17 <luca> madduck: .
21:03:24 <tamo> DLange: ooh yes please
21:03:41 <cate> yes. But I have only two.  The other photo, you can send the tiff
21:03:52 <madduck> what else? shall I #info final report on wiki and latex template & concept
21:03:58 <DLange> please send her what you have, cate
21:04:07 <DLange> we can always ask Tolef for more
21:04:27 <madduck> #info final report texts being collected on https://wiki.debconf.org/action/history/DebConf16/FinalReport
21:04:56 <cate> really not that link, but anyway ;-)
21:04:58 <lavamind> end meeting?
21:04:59 <madduck> #info we need a concept for a short brochure and then someone to amend the existing latex file to that (should be easy…)
21:05:10 <madduck> cate: damn. Sorry ;)
21:05:17 <tamo> DLange: Tolef took loads of pics, I asked him to ekae of the main events, so if we are needing pics he should have that
21:05:26 <tamo> take sorry
21:05:29 <madduck> are there other dc16 leftovers?
21:05:48 <madduck> #action tumbleweed settles finances, invoices etc.
21:06:05 <tumbleweed> if there are any changes need to happen to the website, let me know
21:06:13 <madduck> make it static?
21:06:15 <tumbleweed> superfly: I just deployed your last changes, sorry, those were quite old
21:06:19 <tumbleweed> yes beforce that happens
21:06:25 <madduck> ok
21:06:32 <tamo> tumbleweed: DLange, highvoltage should I draft up thank-you letters and someone can proof read or edit?
21:06:36 <DLange> when do you plan to do that?
21:06:38 <madduck> #info final website request changes to tumbleweed before he freezes the site.
21:06:41 <tumbleweed> tamo: that'd be great
21:06:47 <highvoltage> tamo: sounds good.
21:06:57 <cate> tamo: you can copy the content from old editions
21:07:01 <tamo> tumbleweed: highvoltage perfect will do
21:07:07 <highvoltage> we should also thank people who provide feedback. but that can be more or less a one-liner
21:07:11 <tumbleweed> DLange: dunno, but it's part of bringing up the dc17 site
21:07:12 <madduck> #action tamo drafts thank you letters to sponsors.
21:07:14 <tamo> cate: ok sure where do I get that?
21:07:24 <lavamind> I have not been getting any feedback mail
21:07:32 <lavamind> even though I signed up for the alias
21:07:37 <madduck> i have all feedback mail and can send it on.
21:07:37 <tumbleweed> there hasn't been any :)
21:07:37 <DLange> tumbleweed: o.k., so in a few weeks I guess
21:07:42 <cate> tamo: difficult question. Somewhere in the terabyte of debconf git.  But I think we will find them
21:07:43 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: there has been a few
21:07:43 <madduck> yes there has been
21:07:46 <tumbleweed> at least, there were one or two immediately after
21:07:49 <tumbleweed> and some sent individually to us
21:08:05 <ginggs> tumbleweed: i think i saw azeem comment that the wording on the dc16 site still makes it seem as if it is ongoing
21:08:06 <madduck> you probably are not signed up, lavamind. Can you ask Ganneff again with a list of changes?
21:08:19 <lavamind> I have an attendance certificate svg also, if its any use, we should commit it to dc16-data git
21:08:27 <tumbleweed> ginggs: yes, but I don't think that's true any more
21:08:27 <tamo> lavamind: yup some have sent in emails but hasn't been much
21:08:29 <madduck> lavamind: definitely.
21:08:44 <lavamind> I don't thik I have commit rights though
21:09:10 <lavamind> who is the bestower of repository rights?
21:09:17 <madduck> \#action lavamind to contact Ganneff to update feedback@; madduck or Ganneff can provide the received mails. ??
21:09:21 <tamo> cate: ok
21:09:22 <madduck> lavamind: I can give you access.
21:09:31 <madduck> lavamind: sign up on alioth and request it there.
21:09:34 <cate> lavamind: ask alioth debconf-data group
21:09:50 <DLange> madduck: can't you write a quick feedback summary?
21:10:01 <pollo> can we #endmeeting?
21:10:04 <madduck> could.
21:10:11 <DLange> pls consider :)
21:10:21 <madduck> #action madduck to write a quick feedback summary.
21:10:27 <DLange> thky
21:10:34 <madduck> are we done?
21:10:38 <DLange> yes
21:10:41 * tumbleweed just dug throughg the e-mails
21:10:49 <tumbleweed> there were two forwarded by indiebio
21:10:55 <madduck> \#endmeeting in 30
21:10:56 <tumbleweed> and a discussion about group photos
21:10:57 <tumbleweed> that's it
21:11:03 <highvoltage> thank you debconfies
21:11:14 <lavamind> great meeting all, thank you!
21:11:21 <DLange> o/ thanks and bye
21:11:24 <madduck> #endmeeting