14:29:33 <medicalwei[m]> #startmeeting
14:29:33 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Feb  1 14:29:33 2018 UTC.  The chair is medicalwei[m]. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:29:33 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:30:04 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Roll call
14:30:09 <nattie> hello!
14:30:15 <szlin> hi~
14:30:16 <czchen> hi
14:30:19 <zumbi> o/\o
14:30:31 <gavin> hi~
14:30:51 <tumbleweed> o/
14:30:56 <medicalwei[m]> Please say hello if you join this meeting, and check the meeting agenda in http://deb.li/3OYuV
14:31:13 <nattie> medicalwei[m]: keep it moving, a bunch of us have to leave in half an hour
14:31:13 <tzafrir> hi
14:31:16 <znoteer_> hello
14:31:16 <olasd> hi
14:31:23 <paddatrapper> \o
14:31:39 <medicalwei[m]> So let's just go ahead
14:31:45 <medicalwei[m]> #topic DebConf Website unmaintained
14:31:51 <tumbleweed> what?
14:32:03 <tumbleweed> let's make it be maintained :)
14:32:13 <cate> hello
14:32:56 <medicalwei[m]> #info We have DC website unmaintained and we will remove and redirect to dc18.dc.o or keep it updated
14:33:39 <medicalwei[m]> Anyone want to say something to this topic?
14:33:45 <nattie> i suggest we make it a place to keep the permanent things
14:33:49 <nattie> such as the CoC etc
14:33:55 <olasd> it is already that, and it's not working
14:33:56 <cate> medicalwei[m]: what you are meaning for DebConf website?
14:34:11 <nattie> i know people have said the visual aspect is an issue
14:34:13 <medicalwei[m]> #info Or, only keep the permanent content at dc.o
14:34:14 <tumbleweed> cate: www.debconf.org
14:34:17 <medicalwei[m]> cate, www.dc.o
14:34:22 <olasd> I don't see the point of a separate website when we already have trouble having people maintain the website for the current conference
14:34:47 <cate> I think it is good to have a index of past and future conferences.  Especially if we can link also the video and slides ;-)
14:35:04 <medicalwei[m]> We probably should will leave the further debate after the meeting...?
14:35:17 <olasd> and I think the three useful pages can easily be moved to the current conference website and carried over to the next one
14:35:25 <tumbleweed> the confeerence websites usually link to the previous ones
14:35:28 <olasd> with appropriate redirects for the old links
14:35:28 <cate> If we link to DebConf18, we will no place to write about DebConf19 decision
14:35:48 <olasd> sure, on the DebConf18 website
14:36:19 <nattie> medicalwei[m]: yes, let's discuss it later, but at least we've touched upon it
14:36:24 <nattie> if we put it in the minutes, we can be reminded
14:36:48 <tumbleweed> the qeustion here is really whether there's enough long lived content that survives across conferences, that we want a separate site for it
14:36:55 <olasd> the www.dc.o website has been updated for DC18, it's fine, we can talk about it again in a year
14:37:13 <medicalwei[m]> #info the www.dc.o website has been updated for DC18
14:38:16 <medicalwei[m]> Okay. let's move on?
14:38:20 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Fundraising
14:38:26 <olasd> (tumbleweed: in my opinion, no)
14:39:15 <nattie> well?
14:39:20 <zumbi> On the fundraising topic, we have 9 sponsors so far
14:39:31 <tumbleweed> \o/
14:39:35 <zumbi> 6 silver, 1 bronze and 2 supporter
14:39:42 <medicalwei[m]> #info 9 sponsors has agreed, 6 silver, 1 bronze and 2 supporter level
14:39:43 <tumbleweed> really need some gold :)
14:39:59 <medicalwei[m]> tumbleweed: pun intended
14:40:08 <zumbi> czchen, pollo, henrich and I will try to be more active during next week to increase sponsor numbers
14:40:35 <zumbi> then czchen is going to talk to NTCU to find an address for sponsors to send "stuff"
14:40:51 <zumbi> that's all, unless czchen wants to add something else
14:41:02 <medicalwei[m]> #action czchen, pollo, henrich and zumbi to find more sponsors
14:41:19 <medicalwei[m]> That is, actually, topic about the venue... IMHO
14:41:20 <czchen> nothing for fundraising from me right now
14:41:24 <nattie> just FYI, our usual platinum sponsor is unavailable
14:42:20 <nattie> shall we move on to visas?
14:42:20 <medicalwei[m]> #info our usual platinum sponsor is unavailable
14:42:31 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Visa
14:43:45 <znoteer_> This is something that is probably best adressed by czchen
14:43:50 <nattie> ok
14:43:55 <nattie> czchen: any news?
14:44:00 <medicalwei[m]> #info szlin and czchen and I am trying to see if eVisa code can be easily issued from government to us
14:44:22 <szlin> Let's move on
14:44:28 <medicalwei[m]> ouch and I forgot something about fundraising
14:44:39 <medicalwei[m]> #info our MEET TAIWAN fund has passed
14:45:00 <medicalwei[m]> (is that old news?)
14:45:15 <szlin> nope
14:45:26 <nattie> do you mean it's an application that was approved?
14:45:31 <medicalwei[m]> Yes
14:45:48 <tumbleweed> for some grant?
14:47:12 <medicalwei[m]> I will put the info after the meeting
14:47:17 <medicalwei[m]> Can't find the email rn
14:47:23 <szlin> The Bureau of Foreign Trade grant our application
14:47:23 <medicalwei[m]> Also
14:47:23 <DLange> o/ sorry for being late, work...
14:47:24 <nattie> ok thanks
14:47:55 <szlin> We got about $500,000 with it
14:48:06 <szlin> oops, it's NTD
14:48:06 <zumbi> NTD? or USD?
14:48:23 <medicalwei[m]> #info FYI, all applications of entry permit from China visitors applied from NCTU has been rejected recently
14:48:25 <zumbi> cool.. I almost jump up the chait
14:48:29 <zumbi> chair*
14:48:51 <szlin> USD 17,086
14:49:04 <czchen> According to OCF, eCode is difficult to get
14:49:08 <medicalwei[m]> We probably need to put a string to the website indicating that this event has been funded by MEET TAIWAN
14:49:13 <zumbi> so, overall we got 50USD raised so far
14:49:21 <zumbi> 50k USD I meant
14:49:31 <czchen> From OCF, Most attendees can apply for the Visa exemption program. The attendees from the designated Countries and China can apply for the Visitor Visas.
14:49:33 <medicalwei[m]> #action medicalwei[m] to put a string to the website indicating that this event has been funded by MEET TAIWAN
14:49:34 <DLange> very nice!
14:49:46 <DLange> another $50k and we're there(ish)
14:49:59 <czchen> The eVisa program is for special cases. If attendees are from the following countries, they would need our help to apply an eCode for them to apply Taiwan e-Visa.
14:50:12 <zumbi> tbh, I am expecting more than that ;)
14:50:14 <medicalwei[m]> Next topic...
14:50:41 <czchen> Will try to see if we can get eCode for these countries
14:50:55 <DLange> zumbi: you shall be right and we shall be happy :)
14:51:15 <czchen> I don't have country list in English right now. Will get one after meeting.
14:51:31 <medicalwei[m]> We should notice people that need to apply eVisa ecode to register early for the visa
14:51:47 <medicalwei[m]> At least they have time if it fails
14:52:12 <medicalwei[m]> I think that's all?
14:52:17 <czchen> okay, will reach Audrey to see if she can do something about it.
14:52:23 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Website update
14:52:37 <medicalwei[m]> \Audrey/
14:52:41 <tumbleweed> I've been doing a bunch of hacking this week at the video team sprint
14:52:53 <olasd> tumbleweed has been pushing hard so that we can replace the static debconf18.dc.o site with wafer
14:53:01 <tumbleweed> it needs a lot of content, still
14:53:05 <olasd> mostly prompted by the content team pushing for a CFP
14:53:13 <tumbleweed> and before we can open registration, we need prices for packages, rooms, food
14:53:17 <medicalwei[m]> #info tumbleweed has been pushing hard so that we can replace the static debconf18.dc.o site with wafer
14:53:33 <olasd> which means being able to accept proposals, which means having a reasonable wafer site running
14:53:40 <medicalwei[m]> #info website content is not yet ready to put the website online
14:53:50 <nattie> medicalwei[m]: i'm happy to sit with you and a few others to discuss content outside the meeting
14:53:53 <nattie> so that it's ready soon
14:53:53 <tumbleweed> you can see what we have at https://wafertest.debconf.org/
14:53:58 <medicalwei[m]> #info prices for packages, rooms, food are needed
14:54:06 <tumbleweed> those quotes on the front page are getting dated now
14:54:10 <tumbleweed> we need to get the sponsors into it
14:54:27 <olasd> the main priorities are : moving the current content; getting sponsor data
14:54:29 <DLange> is the CFP part ready?
14:54:30 <tumbleweed> most of the pages should be reviewed
14:54:35 <tumbleweed> DLange: what's the CFP part?
14:54:37 <medicalwei[m]> #action someone to put sponsors into the wafer site
14:54:39 <olasd> then I whink we should be able to go live?
14:54:48 <tumbleweed> you mean talk submission?
14:54:49 <DLange> call for papers/participation/presentation
14:54:57 <medicalwei[m]> #info wiki needs heavy content update
14:54:59 <tumbleweed> that's basically ready to go, when we cut the next wafer release
14:55:03 <tumbleweed> (maybe today)
14:55:12 <tumbleweed> https://wafertest.debconf.org/about/visiting-hsinchu/ is still very empty :)
14:55:32 <medicalwei[m]> Ouch and I will do this part
14:55:41 <czchen> by the way, anyone can help to review this PR? https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/dc18.dc.o/merge_requests/2
14:55:55 <zumbi> is delib helping with content?
14:55:55 <medicalwei[m]> We will get this done off meeting
14:56:03 <DLange> can we say the website will be ready to go in two weeks and you'll get the prod instance up, too
14:56:11 <tumbleweed> I'd encourage people to try the registration process on wafertest, and report issues with it
14:56:13 <zumbi> if you need help she'd be happy to help if you explain her how and what
14:56:18 <tumbleweed> DLange: I think we can get it up before then
14:56:27 <DLange> even better
14:56:29 <DLange> one week?
14:56:35 <DLange> I love deadlines :)
14:56:42 <tumbleweed> I mean, is there anything stopping us putting it up now?
14:56:53 <zumbi> go go go
14:56:53 <tumbleweed> if we're OK with pages that are clearly incomplete
14:57:01 <DLange> your release, no install on the prod VM, not tested
14:57:02 <olasd> tumbleweed: moving the content from the static thing and making sure the deeplinks still works
14:57:13 <olasd> DLange: the wafertest install is on the prod vm
14:57:15 <tumbleweed> fortunately there is verely little content there
14:57:24 <tumbleweed> very
14:57:24 <olasd> tumbleweed: sure :)
14:57:27 <medicalwei[m]> #action all people should try registration on the wafertest
14:58:18 <DLange> o.k., so we'll test and complete wafertest for a week and then meet next week to see whether we are ready to go live?
14:58:39 <tumbleweed> going live doesn't necessarily mean opening registration
14:58:47 <tumbleweed> but as soon as the site is up, we can take talk proposals
14:58:50 <DLange> no I just mean going life
14:58:59 <medicalwei[m]> #info the website should be reviewed next week and probably go live
14:58:59 <tumbleweed> (if the content team is ready)
14:59:06 <DLange> cfp first, registration once we have visa sorted out and prices etc.
14:59:14 <tumbleweed> yeah
14:59:16 <olasd> I think we (website team) can assess if we're ready to go live or not by ourselves
14:59:29 <olasd> once Content is ok with opening proposals
15:00:19 <DLange> I prefer everybody to test and then nobody to find issues. Testing your own stuff is usually not too good.
15:00:23 <olasd> I can poke at moving the content from the static site tomorrow
15:00:33 <olasd> if noone else looks before that
15:02:01 <olasd> assessing if we're ready depends on other people looking at what we're doing, yes
15:02:08 <olasd> thanks for the reminder
15:02:16 <medicalwei[m]> I think that's roughly all on the website?
15:02:18 <medicalwei[m]> #save
15:02:22 <olasd> yes
15:02:35 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Venue (NCTU)
15:02:42 <medicalwei[m]> czchen: your turn
15:02:53 <czchen> NCTU want a contact window for easy communication
15:03:20 <olasd> a contact window?
15:03:23 <medicalwei[m]> #info czchen is the canonical contact window to NCTU.
15:03:30 <olasd> ah, I see
15:03:33 <szlin> unfied contact window
15:03:35 <nattie> i have offered to be contact for NCTU along with, for example, czchen
15:03:42 <szlin> s/unfied/unified
15:04:02 <czchen> ok, no problem for me.
15:04:49 <czchen> second, we need to finalize the room we needed so that NCTU can help to book them.
15:05:07 <czchen> See deb.li/3OYuV for all the rooms right now.
15:05:35 <medicalwei[m]> #info 12 rooms has been listed in the venue, from B1 to 8F of the MIRC building
15:05:38 <czchen> there are 4 backup rooms, one is for childcare. Do we need all other three?
15:06:01 <medicalwei[m]> #info s/12/15/
15:06:45 <DLange> meeting / sitting / coding room for team, front desk, NOC / video team, one storage room close to front desk
15:06:54 <DLange> makes 4 :)
15:07:26 <tumbleweed> ideally separate noc and video team
15:07:41 <medicalwei[m]> it is listed separated.
15:07:44 <czchen> Right now we have 3 hacklab, 1 fd, 1 NOC, 2 storage, 1 video
15:07:57 <tumbleweed> orga team needs a space too
15:08:12 <czchen> so add one childcare, one orga team ?
15:08:48 <czchen> Then can we just book all rooms except ES518, EC411 ?
15:08:57 <medicalwei[m]> #info we have 3 hacklab, 1 fd, 1 NOC, 2 storage, 1 video team rooms, and add 1 childcare, 1 orga meeting room
15:09:01 <czchen> We also have 3 meeting rooms
15:09:14 <czchen> 1 open space
15:10:00 <czchen> If no objection, I will book 3 hacklab, 1 fd, 1 NOC, 2 storage, 1 video team rooms, and add 1 childcare, 1 orga meeting room, 3 meeting room, open space
15:10:05 <medicalwei[m]> I think that's probably enough...
15:10:30 <DLange> sounds good czchen
15:10:53 <czchen> next one is physical address for shipment, plan to start receiving shipment from Jul 1, is that okay?
15:10:53 <medicalwei[m]> #agreed czchen will book 3 hacklab, 1 fd, 1 NOC, 2 storage, 1 video team rooms, 1 childcare, 1 orga meeting room, 3 meeting room, open space
15:11:08 <olasd> are meeting rooms for ad-hoc BoFs or are those separate?
15:11:10 <medicalwei[m]> would ping pollo for this
15:11:16 <olasd> (just checking)
15:11:19 <medicalwei[m]> olasd: separated
15:11:47 <medicalwei[m]> ad-hoc bof rooms can be in hacklab since it is large enough
15:12:33 <nattie> just FYI, i have to leave this location now
15:12:35 <medicalwei[m]> I am not sure if Jul 1 is good for receiving packages though
15:12:39 <nattie> some of us may be ircing from phones now
15:13:38 <medicalwei[m]> #action czchen and pollo to check if Jul 1 is good for start receiving packages
15:13:44 <czchen> Do we need to move earlier?
15:14:18 <medicalwei[m]> pollo is not online, and i think this should be discussed after the meeting
15:14:24 <czchen> okay,
15:14:28 <tumblingweed> This is one off thing
15:14:32 <czchen> nothing here now.
15:14:33 <olasd> a three week window for receiving sponsor stuff looks alright to me
15:15:08 <medicalwei[m]> i am moving to next topic...
15:15:11 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Swags
15:15:48 <medicalwei[m]> #action medicalwei[m] to quote prices from t-shirt printers, badges, swag bags. dining tools and other swags are in lower priority.
15:16:21 <czchen> Do we have estimate price for T-shirt, badges, swag bags ?
15:16:21 <medicalwei[m]> #info if the price of t-shirt and swag bags are too expensive, we would do them from the usual printer of Mexico
15:16:34 <DLange> badges are easy, too. T-Shirts and bags have lead times.
15:16:56 <medicalwei[m]> We have the price of DC17 t-shirts and swag bags listed in the git repo
15:17:29 <medicalwei[m]> #topic DC17 Status Update
15:18:35 <medicalwei[m]> pollo is not here so I will just log for meeting minutes
15:18:39 <medicalwei[m]> #info dc17 website is now static
15:18:43 <medicalwei[m]> #action DC17 team started to work on the final report
15:18:46 <medicalwei[m]> #info accounting is still waiting for SPI (sponsors update and bursaries) to be completed
15:19:30 <medicalwei[m]> #topic DSA Migration
15:20:08 <czchen> Do we need to move dc18 repo to salsa?
15:20:25 <olasd> wafertest moved to the DSA machine; we should probably have pollo go through the guest account motions so he can migrate kanboard
15:20:30 <tumblingweed> We need to move everything to salsa.
15:20:43 <tumblingweed> Ganneff offered to, but no progress yet
15:20:52 <medicalwei[m]> #action Ganneff to migrate DebConf git repos to salsa
15:21:05 <Ganneff> ack, will take time this weekend
15:21:14 <medicalwei[m]> #info wafertest moved to the DSA machine
15:21:21 <tumblingweed> Thanks
15:21:21 <Ganneff> its in prod now, something DLange mentioned would make him feel safer
15:21:31 <olasd> cool, thanks
15:21:33 <Ganneff> tumblingweed: btw, wafertest moved, can i kill off one or more vms of the old?
15:21:42 <medicalwei[m]> #action pollo to migrate kanboard to DSA machine
15:22:06 <tumblingweed> One, I would like to grab some of the db from the prod one
15:22:19 <Ganneff> fine. mail me when you are done on them
15:22:27 <tumblingweed> Sure, thanks
15:22:30 <Ganneff> no big hurry here
15:23:15 <medicalwei[m]> #action tumbleweed to dump and drop rod VM of the old machine
15:23:26 <medicalwei[m]> s/rod/prod/
15:24:08 <DLange> I'm ok with you moving stuff Ganneff
15:24:13 <medicalwei[m]> #topic Miscellaneous
15:24:41 <DLange> please make sure you have groups for the teams (visa, bursaries) as discussed earlier
15:24:54 <Ganneff> ay
15:25:01 <DLange> thank you!
15:25:05 <Ganneff> had some structure last time, need to dig through old emeting log to get it again.
15:25:07 <szlin> I will continue to spread out the debconf 18 news in local media
15:25:09 <Ganneff> if not i msg people in here.
15:25:21 <medicalwei[m]> #action Ganneff to make salsa subgroups for permission control (visa, bursaries)
15:25:45 <czchen> Next meeting time, Feb 15 is bad for all Taiwan members. It is Chinese New Year's Eve.
15:25:46 <medicalwei[m]> #action szlin to spread the news of dc18 in Taiwanese media
15:26:33 <medicalwei[m]> So we should probably postpone it to 3 weeks later, Feb 22?
15:26:53 <czchen> 22 is good for me
15:27:05 <szlin> +1
15:27:05 <tumblingweed> OK
15:27:11 <olasd> snowcamp meeting ;)
15:27:37 <medicalwei[m]> either new years eve or Feb 22 are okay to me
15:27:39 <DLange> ok, please get the prof wafer up next week though
15:27:39 <znoteer_> no objections to 22 here
15:27:48 <DLange> no meeting then for this, just chatter here
15:27:59 <DLange> read: you all test please!
15:28:04 <medicalwei[m]> #agreed Next meeting will be at Feb 22, 14:30 UTC
15:29:01 <medicalwei[m]> #info DC18 in local news media: https://www.ithome.com.tw/pr/120997
15:29:20 <medicalwei[m]> Other things missing in this meeting?
15:29:38 <czchen> no for me
15:29:47 <zumbi> nothing here
15:30:07 <szlin> nope
15:30:23 <znoteer_> all good
15:30:28 <medicalwei[m]> #endmeeting