19:00:29 <tzafrir> #startmeeting
19:00:29 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Feb 24 19:00:29 2020 UTC.  The chair is tzafrir. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:29 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:36 <tumbleweed> o/
19:00:43 <calhariz> o/
19:00:46 <tzafrir> #topic roll call
19:00:55 <anisa> o/
19:01:02 <tumbleweed> #link Agenda: https://deb.li/dc20meet
19:01:12 <DLange> \o
19:04:05 <h01ger> o/
19:05:39 <tzafrir> #topic Correction from last meeting
19:06:07 <tzafrir> #info The job fair will take place Sunday, 23 August 2020, 13:00 - 16:00
19:06:12 <tzafrir> (Right?)
19:06:30 <DLange> right
19:06:57 <tzafrir> #topic Last Meeting Actions
19:07:40 <tzafrir> Address from sponsors swags: sent to sponsors@
19:08:15 <nattiemh[m]1> Hi. On by phone
19:08:22 <DLange> do you have an idea from when we will accept sponsor material being sent in?
19:09:45 <tzafrir> This is basically Tamir's office. So as long as it does not take much space, I guess it will not be much of an issue.
19:10:16 <nattiemh[m]1> Oh, sweet summer child...
19:10:21 <DLange> ok
19:10:35 <tzafrir> But do they send so early?
19:10:41 <DLange> it typically is not too much stuff, a few cubic meters
19:10:51 <tumbleweed> earlier is better than arriving too late, because it's stuck in customs
19:10:56 <tumbleweed> we don't want to encourage them to be late
19:13:55 <DLange> any experience with how long customs processing + local shipping take in Israel?
19:14:41 <tzafrir> There is currently some lag with packages sent through regular Israeli Post.
19:14:50 <tzafrir> I guess it will get resolved
19:15:10 <nattiemh[m]1> In that case, sending early is probably a good idea
19:15:47 <tzafrir> But that does not apply to faster delivery methods.
19:15:57 <nattiemh[m]1> I'm guessing other carriers are an option, though? (DHL, FedEx, UPS...)
19:16:07 <tzafrir> yes
19:16:13 <nattiemh[m]1> Right
19:16:53 <tzafrir> So, next item?
19:17:02 <nattiemh[m]1> Sure
19:17:19 <tzafrir> More local sponsors
19:17:42 <DLange> or in other words: where is the rest of the local team?
19:17:51 <DLange> esp. the fundraising people...
19:18:16 <tzafrir> Lior cannot be here now, he'll join later in the channel
19:18:28 <nattiemh[m]1> Ok
19:19:19 <tzafrir> We made a few initial contacts (Lior can update on those), but nothing concrete.
19:20:24 <DLange> we have a technology hub country and zero local sponsors, that's a bit underwhelming
19:20:46 <DLange> so please put some emphasis on this week
19:21:23 * h01ger remembers how 'many local sponsors' was a selling point of the bid
19:22:00 <h01ger> (so i'm surprised now. thats all i want to say with that. and that there's lots of potential)
19:22:30 <DLange> yes, potential is abundant
19:22:46 <DLange> but we need to start getting that in now
19:24:09 <tzafrir> #action local team should try to get more sponsor contacts this week
19:24:16 <tzafrir> Is that right?
19:24:20 <DLange> yes please
19:24:42 <tzafrir> So, next item?
19:25:15 <tzafrir> #topic Bursary Team Update
19:27:06 <nattiemh[m]1> Anybody?
19:27:23 <tumbleweed> Asking DSA to update the bursaries aliases
19:27:58 <tumbleweed> DLange and gwolf will be admins, this year
19:29:10 <DLange> so we should have a bursary timing by the next meeting and hopefully know when we can open registration
19:30:07 <DLange> o/ George
19:30:34 <DLange> azeem and terceiro got me an update on the CFP
19:30:54 <kesaev> Hello, sorry for being late
19:30:59 <DLange> it hinges on some wafer upstream change that should be merged soon™
19:31:08 <DLange> o/ karina
19:31:27 <DLange> so they are confident we can get the CFP out "real soon now"
19:32:19 <karina> hello, sorry for being late
19:32:20 <DLange> tumbleweed has a list of things needed to open registration:
19:32:24 <DLange> #link https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc20/issues/14
19:33:10 <DLange> please priorize these so we get ready in about 4-6 weeks
19:33:35 <tzafrir> Do you want a separate topic on that?
19:33:52 <tzafrir> (blockers for reistration?)
19:34:02 <DLange> no, just that people work on their topics
19:34:10 <DLange> between meetings that is :)
19:35:05 <DLange> e.g. from when to we have accom for people coming in for DebCamp?
19:35:16 <DLange> from when for orga people?
19:35:27 <DLange> by when do people have to vacate the accom again?
19:35:52 <DLange> will you charge extra for the conference dinner, if so how much?
19:36:51 <tzafrir> Anything else on this topic, then?
19:37:23 <DLange> well may be mention: Which T-Shirt sizes are available (=find a supplier and the make of the shirts)
19:37:57 <DLange> also a topic which needs to be reflected in wafer as people choose their T-Shirt size during registration
19:38:00 <DLange> .
19:38:22 <tumbleweed> if we don't have the supplier yet, we can start with a conservative list of sizes
19:38:37 <tumbleweed> and mail people later to say: more sizes update / sizing charts now available
19:38:46 <tumbleweed> but no reason not to find a supplier ASAP
19:41:49 <DLange> AOB?
19:42:06 <tzafrir> #topic AoB
19:42:10 <tzafrir> Any?
19:43:24 <tzafrir> Next meeting: Mon. Mar-9. Is that OK?
19:43:39 <DLange> #link https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/debian/
19:43:49 <nattiemh[m]1> Should work
19:43:57 <DLange> if somebody want to submit another Outreachy project, deadline is tomorrow ^
19:44:19 <DLange> March 9 is fine
19:45:19 <tzafrir> #agreed Next meeting is Mon. Mar 9th 19:00 UTC
19:45:59 <tzafrir> #endmeeting