18:00:17 <nattie> #startmeeting
18:00:17 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Mar 29 18:00:17 2021 UTC.  The chair is nattie. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:00:17 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:23 <nattie> #link https://deb.li/dc21meet agenda
18:00:29 <nattie> #topic roll call
18:00:37 <srud> o/
18:00:40 <nattie> as ever, say you're here
18:00:51 <terceiro> hi
18:00:54 <nattie> (you're here)
18:00:56 <anisa> hellooo
18:01:05 <join_subline> (^_^)/~ from toronto, canada
18:01:17 <tumbleweed> o/
18:01:21 <DLange> \o
18:01:34 <utkarsh2102> \o
18:03:12 <tzafrir_laptop> Here, sort of
18:03:15 <nattie> #topic last meeting's actions
18:03:30 <nattie> first, the localteam was to assess whether a partial hybrid conference was an option
18:03:33 <nattie> any news on that?
18:03:59 <tzafrir_laptop> That Haifa University replied that a local conference will not be possible.
18:04:11 <nattie> ah
18:04:27 <nattie> well, that addresses both of the action items
18:04:49 <terceiro> one less decision for us to make
18:04:55 <nattie> #info Haifa University has replied that a local conference will not be possible
18:05:14 <nattie> shall we move straight into item three?
18:05:19 <terceiro> I think so
18:05:23 <srud> Yup
18:05:46 <nattie> #topic Procedure for decision/announcement for DC21 and following DebConfs
18:05:52 <nattie> terceiro: the floor is yours
18:06:09 <terceiro> ok, so there are 2 items there, more or less independent
18:06:21 <nattie> shall i undo and subdivide?
18:06:29 <terceiro> 1 is we need to announce that dc21 will be online
18:06:44 <terceiro> I will be doing that soon.
18:06:58 <terceiro> I will draft an announcement and ask for feedback here
18:07:12 <nattie> *nods*
18:07:18 <terceiro> 2 is deciding what to do with dc22+
18:07:30 <nattie> #action terceiro to draft an announcement that DC21 will be online, and request feedback here
18:07:31 * tumbleweed wonders if we should call for a local team to run dc21
18:07:41 <nattie> local to the internet?
18:07:42 <tumbleweed> otherwise we'll basically get a rehash of dc20
18:07:44 <tumbleweed> yeah
18:08:02 <terceiro> I think so, we need to get an explicit team of volunteers
18:08:29 <tumbleweed> include that in the announcement?
18:08:35 <terceiro> sure
18:08:47 <DLange> are we sure we'll get a team?
18:08:53 <tumbleweed> not at all
18:08:57 <DLange> as in we announce online and then hunt for a team
18:09:09 <DLange> or get team first and then announce online (if team)
18:09:10 <terceiro> do you suggest we get a team first?
18:09:37 <DLange> I guess you folks (as in video team and content) know best
18:09:50 <DLange> those two are the really busy teams for an online edition
18:09:53 <olasd> if we're announcing that we're seeking a team, doesn't that mean that we're announcing that the conference will happen online anyway?
18:10:01 <tumbleweed> pretty much, yes
18:10:24 <terceiro> good point
18:10:43 <DLange> well, "we would like to do an online version if we can get a team, please send proposals to ..." is different from
18:11:00 <DLange> "we'll do an online edition, if you want to help send ..."
18:11:30 <tumbleweed> the reality is that we'll do a minimal effort dc20-clone if we don't get new volunteers
18:11:49 <nattie> so we push the "we love volunteers" angle in the announcement, then?
18:11:50 <DLange> ok, so that means we'll do an Online DC21, regardless
18:11:52 <tumbleweed> at least from video side. I guess content requires the same level of effort every year
18:12:02 <terceiro> yeah
18:12:03 <DLange> that's important for me to communicate to sponsors
18:12:11 <terceiro> I don't think video and content are going anywhere
18:13:41 <terceiro> anything else on dc21 for the moment?
18:13:44 <nattie> the other aspect is future events
18:14:19 <nattie> is anyone around to represent Team Kosovo just now?
18:14:28 <nattie> (or has heard from them recently?)
18:14:41 <DLange> I had a chat with Enkelena this week
18:15:03 <nattie> how are things there?
18:15:07 <terceiro> I think we don't need to make decisions now
18:15:16 <DLange> same Covid mess as everywhere else
18:15:21 * nattie mostly wanted to know they were still in touch
18:15:49 <DLange> yes, we are and Team India is even here
18:15:52 <nattie> which seems to be the case, so good
18:15:56 <terceiro> our self-imposed deadline for a dc21 decision was next meeting
18:16:07 <terceiro> which we are antecipating
18:16:37 <terceiro> so I think we can get in touch with the teams offline and the draft a plan, to be announced later
18:16:43 <DLange> sounds good
18:16:43 <nattie> oh, absolutely
18:16:46 <terceiro> *then draft
18:17:18 <nattie> #agreed teams for future events will be contacted, and a plan formulated and announced later
18:17:35 <nattie> it's good that we've begun to address it, anyway
18:17:48 <terceiro> I will be driving this process
18:17:51 <terceiro> as well
18:18:05 <nattie> #action terceiro to drive the process for planning with future teams
18:18:19 <nattie> #undo
18:18:19 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Action object at 0x12bf150>
18:18:26 <nattie> #action terceiro to drive the process for planning with Teams Kosovo and India
18:18:29 <nattie> is that better?
18:18:38 <nattie> the previous version seemed a bit vague
18:18:39 <terceiro> well Israel too
18:18:52 <nattie> #undo
18:18:52 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Action object at 0x12bf150>
18:19:03 <nattie> #action terceiro to drive the process for planning with Teams Haifa, Kosovo and India
18:19:07 <nattie> there
18:19:16 <terceiro> lgtm
18:19:33 <nattie> anything else before we confirm the next meeting and go to AOB?
18:19:36 <DLange> thanks for that, terceiro
18:19:48 <DLange> I think we should stay with the planned next meeting
18:19:51 <terceiro> do we want to brainstorm on dc21 online now, or leave it to the next meeting?
18:20:05 <DLange> and review the results from the team inquiries then
18:20:06 <tumbleweed> ideally we'd brainstorm that with the team that will drive it
18:20:16 <nattie> let's leave the brainstorming until later
18:20:18 <tumbleweed> (which I hope isn't us)
18:20:55 <nattie> #topic scheduling next meeting
18:21:05 <nattie> everyone fine with the next one being on 12th April?
18:21:28 <join_subline> 👍
18:21:42 <terceiro> wfm
18:21:45 <DLange> +1
18:21:59 <nattie> #agreed next meeting Monday 12 April 2021, 18:00 UTC
18:22:05 <nattie> #topic AOB
18:22:10 <nattie> owt else?
18:23:13 <nattie> looks like we're done for today
18:23:17 <nattie> thanks for attending, everyone!
18:23:20 <nattie> #endmeeting