18:00:13 <nattie> #startmeeting
18:00:13 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jun  7 18:00:13 2021 UTC.  The chair is nattie. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:00:13 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:18 <nattie> #topic roll call
18:00:25 * amacater is here
18:00:31 <tumbleweed> o/
18:00:37 <pwaring> salutations
18:01:07 <mollydb> hi!
18:01:45 <nattie> anyone else?
18:01:51 <andi89gi> Hey
18:02:01 <DLange> wait for the roll call, she said
18:02:44 <nattie> Jegliches hat, as they say, seine Zeit
18:02:54 <nattie> #topic last meeting's actions
18:03:42 <nattie> mollydb: you've written the mail for community team, right?
18:04:05 <mollydb> nattie: yes!
18:04:11 <nattie> #info mail to encourage people to join community team is written, yet to be sent
18:04:15 <mollydb> Where should it be sent?
18:04:25 <nattie> we'll do that in the community team item :)
18:04:31 <mollydb> thumbsup
18:04:46 <nattie> tumbleweed: have you set deadlines and things in wafer?
18:05:07 <tumbleweed> yes!
18:05:09 <DLange> he has, esp. things
18:05:19 <nattie> #info deadlines for shirts, etc. are set in wafer
18:05:27 <nattie> things are important
18:05:38 <nattie> #topic Community Team
18:05:42 <nattie> now :)
18:05:57 <terceiro> hi
18:06:03 <nattie> where shall we send this mail?
18:06:47 <nattie> debconf-announce, elsewhere?
18:06:58 <mollydb> That's what I'm wondering. Since we want people familiar with Incident Response and/or DebConf, a debconf specific list makes sense
18:07:47 <DLange> debconf-announce then
18:08:06 <nattie> it still reaches a quite broad audience
18:08:23 <nattie> any other places it could be sent in addition?
18:08:27 <mollydb> do I have the power to do that or does someone else need to?
18:08:54 <terceiro> mollydb: it just needs a signed email (same as d-d-a)
18:08:55 <DLange> inline sign it and it will go through
18:09:40 <mollydb> I can do that
18:10:00 <nattie> #action mollydb to send email to debconf-announce encouraging people to join the Community Team
18:10:20 <nattie> mollydb, amacater: can you be here for the next meeting to let us know how response has been, then?
18:10:26 <mollydb> nattie: sure!
18:10:29 <nattie> yay!
18:10:35 <amacater> Yes
18:10:52 <nattie> #topic sponsorship tiers: where are we?
18:10:57 <nattie> DLange: the floor is yours
18:11:33 <DLange> we fixed the sponsorship tiers to be the same as DC20 because some people communicated like that upfront
18:11:45 <DLange> so no good option to change these any more
18:12:00 <nattie> #info sponsorship tiers remain the same as for DC20
18:12:02 <DLange> we will offer package deals for existing sponsors again the same as DC20
18:12:27 <nattie> #info existing sponsors will receive the same conditions as previously
18:12:43 <nattie> does that sound accurate, as i've written it?
18:12:52 <tumbleweed> is there anyone that should be removed at this point? or are we good?
18:12:55 <DLange> yes
18:13:43 <nattie> #topic logo/artwork selection
18:14:34 <tumbleweed> so, we've had some voting https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc21-online/-/issues/7#note_241931
18:15:07 <tumbleweed> the current leader is option F
18:15:22 <tumbleweed> some of the votes look like designer's friends
18:15:28 <tumbleweed> and some of the votes didn't vote for *any* option
18:15:33 <tumbleweed> so, pinch of salt needed
18:15:49 <terceiro> I just want to say that I don't like voting open to random people on the internet
18:16:08 <nattie> +1
18:16:15 <terceiro> also we wanted to distance ourselves from the "contest" model, but then we kind of did that?
18:16:21 <tumbleweed> we can select just the votes from people we consider to be team
18:16:50 <tumbleweed> or, we can look at the results, nominate a choice, and decide it here and now
18:17:00 <phls> I asked to some people from Brazil to vote, for instance, DC19 logo creater
18:17:10 <nattie> the swirl heart seems to be popular, and the curve seems to be popular
18:17:25 <nattie> so swirl heart on a curve, with option for diversity, perhaps?
18:18:28 <zleap> hello
18:18:36 <DLange> the swirl heart gives me pain looking at the broken base line kerning every time
18:18:52 <zleap> is there a meeting tonight ?
18:18:55 <tzafrir> Though any such logo should also work well enough in monochrome
18:19:01 <DLange> yes, running, zleap
18:19:05 <zleap> ok cool
18:19:07 <nattie> zleap: yes, and it started 19 minutes ago
18:19:14 <zleap> sorry i am late
18:20:09 <nattie> i would prefer a version of the logo where the numbers don't go through the curve but sit above it
18:20:34 <nattie> because to me, going through the curve breaks up the rainbow
18:21:05 <DLange> which is very 2020 / 2021. Metaphorically
18:21:48 <nattie> surely we're trying to send the message that through diversity we're strong and will prevail?
18:22:16 <DLange> dunno, to me this is a technical conference and not a LGBT one
18:22:37 <DLange> so I'm not too much into rainbows everywhere
18:22:56 <DLange> but I don't mind them either. I do mind broken fonts as in (F).
18:22:59 <phls> I think for this year, we could don't use the raibown again
18:23:11 <paddatrapper_> I agree. They look nice, but don't have to be everywhere
18:23:28 <tumbleweed> that'd make options A and F the strong contenders, to me
18:24:12 <terceiro> I don't care as long as we don't have the mask + blood stains
18:24:27 <DLange> +1 on the latter part
18:24:33 <paddatrapper_> F has a clearer 2
18:24:33 <nattie> A seems mostly good, though i think it should be slightly more obviously a 2
18:25:16 <phls> the ideia to draw a heart came from Valessio, because in his opinion, we are in a moment to show our love to people that loose someone
18:25:51 <tzafrir> I find it not elegant that G-I have to repeat the number 21 in the text. The text there is too long.
18:26:01 <DLange> I like the heart idea but we'd need to fix the baseline (the triangle made of the bottom strokes)
18:26:21 <tzafrir> (I like the idea, though)
18:26:29 <DLange> tzafrir: yes, the 21 could be dropped in the text
18:26:57 <terceiro> I suggest we apoint someone to own/approve the final logo (and get designers to make it right)
18:27:07 <nattie> DLange: if the issue is just the baseline, surely that can be tweaked a bit in practice, anyway
18:27:26 <DLange> nattie: yes they can. But the also need to.
18:28:36 <nattie> so now it feels like option G with some modifications for font, etc?
18:29:02 <DLange> if we can agree on that, I'd be fine with it
18:29:14 <tumbleweed> that sounds like modifications indiebio was tracking earlier, I wonder if she can shepard that over the line
18:29:21 <DLange> (also need to check that the fonts are Free)
18:29:36 <tumbleweed> indeed
18:29:51 <tumbleweed> and ideally carry the design through to website colours and layout
18:30:05 <DLange> action indiebio and me
18:30:11 <DLange> either of us will do it
18:30:58 <nattie> shall i first put an agreed that the final design should be based on option G?
18:31:18 <DLange> we can have a quick +1 / -1 on that one here
18:31:21 <DLange> +1 from me
18:31:26 <nattie> +1 from me
18:31:43 <terceiro> so we made a vote, the winners were A and F, and we are picking G? :-)
18:32:00 <paddatrapper_> +1
18:32:57 <tumbleweed> +1
18:33:03 <andi89gi> +1
18:33:15 <DLange> amacater, pwaring,  mollydb ^ your votes are missing
18:33:25 <DLange> was that a -1, terceiro?
18:33:28 <pwaring> -1
18:33:50 * amacater has no opinion
18:34:14 <amacater> no eye for these things
18:34:24 <terceiro> -1, but I don't think we need a consensus
18:34:32 <tumbleweed> terceiro: from my pov, I saw the vote as a poll. If I'd wanted the result to be binding, I would have selected voters
18:34:45 <terceiro> fair enough
18:35:21 <DLange> we have 5 : 1 : 2 here, so we can go with G fixed if we want to
18:35:36 <DLange> or we discuss this another round or set up a proper vote
18:35:39 <olasd> I'm happy to +1 a fixed G :p
18:35:48 <DLange> 6 : 1 : 2 now :)
18:36:35 <nattie> ok, i'm putting an agreed for G with modifications
18:37:04 <nattie> #agreed DC21 artwork to be based on option G with slight modifications for kerning
18:37:20 <nattie> #action indiebio and DLange to arrive at these modifications
18:37:26 <nattie> good on this?
18:37:55 <nattie> #topic registration status
18:37:59 <nattie> Registration is open!
18:38:08 <nattie> if you haven't registered, go register!
18:38:39 <nattie> #link https://debconf21.debconf.org/register/step-0 Go register if you haven't
18:38:47 <nattie> tumbleweed: do you have any stats already?
18:39:13 <tumbleweed> yeah: https://debconf21.debconf.org/register/statistics/
18:39:38 <tumbleweed> payments have been coming in
18:39:47 <tumbleweed> and 150 odd people registered
18:39:49 <andi89gi> registration is open?
18:39:53 <nattie> #link https://debconf21.debconf.org/register/statistics/
18:40:00 <DLange> andi89gi: yes
18:40:03 <nattie> andi89gi: yep!  since a few days ago
18:40:07 <tumbleweed> did see some errors in the log that we haven't got to the bottom of, yet
18:40:11 <DLange> as in Sunday
18:40:12 <tumbleweed> but nothing significant
18:40:36 <andi89gi> nattie: cool - then I'll do it
18:41:00 * nattie thinks we should pay particular attention to the food statistics
18:41:02 <tumbleweed> some people were confused by AoE, we'll have improved explanations, soon
18:41:22 <peb> DLange, tumbleweed: jumping in: I'm quite happy to handle any bursary request for amounts in euros (or other currency if Jonathan approves)
18:41:23 <tumbleweed> maybe we should have made state/province optional? (Q_ seemed to think so)
18:41:35 <tumbleweed> not sure what restrictions the couriers will be under
18:41:41 <peb> saw the quote in github issue, didn't find the time to reply, sorry
18:41:42 <tumbleweed> peb: thanks!
18:41:49 <peb> you're welcome
18:41:52 <nattie> peb: ok to stick an action on you for that?
18:41:57 <peb> I saw some stripe payments comming in btw
18:42:05 <peb> nattie: what do you mean? :)
18:42:18 <tumbleweed> nattie: no action needed
18:42:22 <DLange> peb: will be USD 50 typically
18:42:24 <nattie> OK fair enough
18:42:32 <DLange> (that's what the wafer system tells people)
18:42:35 <peb> DLange: Stripe? yep, i'm used to now :p
18:42:47 <DLange> awesome
18:42:49 <peb> I was just warning that... It works!(TM)
18:42:55 <peb> i got one 200$ already
18:43:01 <peb> and 6 50$ I think
18:43:12 <nattie> hurrah!
18:43:19 <DLange> those go on the fundraising team
18:43:33 <DLange> sent supporters to register for the paying options
18:43:39 <DLange> easier than separate invoices :)
18:44:12 <nattie> anything more about registration for the moment?
18:44:21 <tumbleweed> DLange: and more confusing when we do the books :P
18:44:31 <DLange> what's the T-Shirt deadline?
18:44:40 <nattie> 25th of July, i believe
18:44:50 <DLange> o.k., make it an #info?
18:45:03 <nattie> #info deadline to register for a t-shirt is 25 July
18:45:14 <peb> DLange: should i categorize differently the first 50USD or not?
18:45:16 <DLange> thanks!
18:45:16 <andi89gi> nattie: Where can we register?
18:45:42 <nattie> andi89gi: https://debconf21.debconf.org/register/step-0
18:45:44 <DLange> peb: nah, all fine, we don't have to pay taxes differently on which cost center we account to
18:45:47 * amacater is registered
18:46:29 <tumbleweed> nattie: done here, from my PoV
18:46:39 <nattie> #topic Scheduling the next meeting
18:46:57 <nattie> 2 weeks from now puts us on the 21st.  woo yay, midsummer!
18:47:09 <terceiro> it's not
18:47:19 <nattie> or midwinter
18:47:34 <nattie> for those of a southerly disposition
18:47:46 <terceiro> :)
18:48:00 * nattie will remember to be geographically inclusive :)
18:48:06 <andi89gi> ah not for me ;) Germany - half German/half Filipino :D
18:49:23 <terceiro> I think biweekly is good enough for now, so that's it
18:49:29 <DLange> +1
18:49:36 * nattie leaves the midsummer/midwinter decision up to individual choice
18:49:41 <nattie> same time, same channel?
18:49:54 <nattie> #agreed next meeting 21 June 2021, 18:00 UTC
18:50:00 <nattie> #topic AOB
18:50:10 <nattie> anything else before i close?
18:50:47 <amacater> nattie - do you want a song written?
18:51:13 <amacater> or at least lyrics
18:51:51 <nattie> if you wish to write something, that's entirely up to you :)
18:52:39 <DLange> depending on the lyrics you envision ... be sure to talk to her husband first :)
18:53:32 <nattie> i think we can call it now - thanks everyone for attending!
18:53:34 <nattie> #endmeeting