17:59:34 <pwaring> #startmeeting Debconf 22 Team meeting
17:59:34 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov 15 17:59:34 2021 UTC.  The chair is pwaring. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:34 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:43 <pwaring> #topic Roll call
17:59:48 <EnkelenaH[m]> hi
17:59:52 <pwaring> if you're here, please introduce yourself! (I'm Paul)
18:00:02 <tumbleweed> o/
18:00:13 <arianit2[m]1> hello
18:00:16 <DLange> \o/ Hi Paul
18:01:33 <pwaring> #topic DC21 additional t-shirt printing
18:01:49 <pwaring> anything to update on this from the last meeting (waiting for addresses was the last update)
18:02:33 <DLange> nattie sent regrets. Probably nobody else knows.
18:02:57 <tumbleweed> what I know is no progress
18:03:06 <tumbleweed> an email needs to be sent asking if people want
18:03:12 <tumbleweed> nattie will do that
18:03:26 <pwaring> #info t-shirts are still in progress
18:03:45 <pwaring> #action nattie to send email asking if people would like t-shirts
18:03:51 <pwaring> #topic Logo design
18:04:20 <DLange> #link https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/-/blob/main/fundraising/brochure/img/DebConfOfficialLogo.png
18:04:52 <DLange> I have asked for the font in the Logo. EnkelenaH identified it as "Rilindja Technical".
18:05:04 <DLange> Do you have a feedback on the license already?
18:05:19 <EnkelenaH[m]> Yes we spoke to the designers, they said we can use it for our needs
18:05:26 <DLange> that is not enough
18:05:26 <EnkelenaH[m]> Debian people...
18:05:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> We will bug them one more time
18:05:40 <tumbleweed> can we get an SVG for the logo?
18:05:57 <DLange> Brochure is CC BY-SA 4.0 so we need a compatible font license
18:05:59 <EnkelenaH[m]> we need to confirm that we all like the logo
18:06:03 <EnkelenaH[m]> and they will do the whole branding
18:06:18 <EnkelenaH[m]> so we will have the images on svg
18:06:28 <tumbleweed> OK
18:06:43 <EnkelenaH[m]> so do we all like the logo? :)
18:06:48 <EnkelenaH[m]> and the colors?
18:06:56 <arianit2[m]1> we believe it's open, their leader is a free culture guy but me we'll make sure it's done properly.
18:07:06 <DLange> Just ask them to confirm _in writing_ that the logo is CC BY-SA 4.0 (or a compatible license) including the font (or the glyphs used)
18:07:23 <pwaring> #info logo has been designed, waiting for confirmation of font license
18:07:34 <EnkelenaH[m]> will do ;)
18:07:43 <DLange> yeah, I saw it on their website but they don't say anything regarding their fonts license-wise and they don't offer a download either
18:07:50 <DLange> at least not on the English pages :-)
18:07:54 <pwaring> #action EnkelenaH[m] to confirm font license
18:07:57 <DLange> (My Albanian is a bit ... rusty :))
18:08:28 <arianit2[m]1> true. he was busy these days, should have more time this week and on.
18:08:32 <pwaring> are we good to go with the logo then, subject to confirmation of license?
18:08:50 <EnkelenaH[m]> our side is
18:08:55 <tumbleweed> no objections here
18:09:12 <EnkelenaH[m]> we can provide info on the motives if needed
18:09:25 <DLange> I have no clue on logos, so I'll abstain
18:09:36 <pwaring> ok, that leads onto the related topic of...
18:09:39 <pwaring> #topic Fundraising brochure / flyer
18:09:41 <DLange> you could put that in the brochure, EnkelenaH[m]
18:09:47 <DLange> (the motive elements)
18:09:48 <EnkelenaH[m]> i have
18:09:50 <EnkelenaH[m]> oh
18:09:52 <EnkelenaH[m]> sure
18:10:08 <EnkelenaH[m]> https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/-/tree/main/fundraising
18:10:26 <pwaring> #link https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/-/tree/main/fundraising
18:10:37 <EnkelenaH[m]> the sponsorship brochure and flyer has been updatet, with the design also
18:10:38 <arianit2[m]1> are we near to sending it out? can we plan that process?
18:10:56 <EnkelenaH[m]> I asked Nattie to proofread it :)
18:11:09 <EnkelenaH[m]> as DLange (IRC) suggested
18:12:49 <pwaring> should people open a pull/merge request if they have comments? (I'm not sure what the process is)
18:13:12 * pwaring will try and take a look over the next couple of days
18:14:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> they can I assume :)
18:14:36 <pwaring> also should we set a deadline for comments, say 22nd November (so one week)
18:14:41 <EnkelenaH[m]> and it will be welcome
18:14:46 <DLange> arianit2[m]1: I'd say give it a few days for people to proof-read. Then adjust the image sizes (the Prizen image is all blurry and the T-Shirt image is uselesslyy huge). And then we put it on media.debconf.org for public linking.
18:15:30 <EnkelenaH[m]> one week should be ok for what you both said I think
18:15:39 <DLange> Sending it via email is always an option but sending a link is often more useful as people will otherwise delete your emails faster (companies don't often have generous email inbox allowances).
18:16:00 <pwaring> #info comments for brochure by 22nd November
18:16:33 <pwaring> anything else on the brochure before we move on?
18:16:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> I assume we send it to the previous sponsors?
18:16:45 <DLange> yes, and any other lead you have
18:17:50 <arianit2[m]1> ok good valmirio will propose the rest
18:18:11 <pwaring> #topic Website
18:18:24 <pwaring> is there anything specific that needs to be done on the website at this point?
18:18:35 <pwaring> other than uploading the logo and brochure once complete
18:18:39 <EnkelenaH[m]> We need to push some info
18:19:04 <EnkelenaH[m]> eraha1: has already made some drafts, I need to create a PR on git
18:19:06 <tumbleweed> there are a number of FIXMEs in the source where we know info is needed
18:19:07 <pwaring> EnkelenaH[m]: do you have the permissions you need to do that?
18:19:26 <tumbleweed> MRs are the best way for the website, and anyone can fork it and propose
18:19:55 <pwaring> #info any website changes should go through merge requests on Salsa
18:21:19 <pwaring> anything else on the website that needs to be decided here?
18:21:55 <tumbleweed> don't think so
18:22:00 <arianit2[m]1> who looks at the website content from your side?
18:22:09 <arianit2[m]1> who can provide feedback
18:22:39 <tumbleweed> terceiro[x] and me
18:23:12 <tumbleweed> and nattie is a good person to ask for general english content review
18:23:35 <arianit2[m]1> noted cc Era Hamiti
18:24:03 <pwaring> #topic Meeting schedule
18:24:37 <EnkelenaH[m]> I propose again two weeks from now please
18:24:43 <pwaring> Next two meetings would be 29th November and 13th December, then I guess we break for the Christmas period? (27th Dec and 4th Jan will be bank holidays in some parts of the world)
18:25:18 <DLange> sounds good
18:25:39 <tumbleweed> +1
18:25:51 <pwaring> #agreed next two meetings will be 29th November, 13th December
18:25:55 <pwaring> #topic AOB
18:26:00 <pwaring> anything else?
18:26:17 <arianit2[m]1> on the visa process, we learned there is a process to recieve visas on arrivals. we need the list at least a month ahead of time.
18:26:44 <tumbleweed> that's good news
18:27:16 <DLange> that's good. We should put that into the registration info and ask for confirmation ~6 weeks before the conference (with a 10 day deadline).
18:27:23 <pwaring> #info visas can be received on arrival, subject to at least a month's notice
18:27:26 <EnkelenaH[m]> the list and all the participant's official data.
18:27:27 <tumbleweed> Would you like to make that part of the registration process? e.g. a question asking whether the attendee will need an arrival visa? or just have them contact the visa team?
18:27:42 <DLange> wafer (the IT system that we use for registration) can do that out of the box (as much as it does things out of boxes :))
18:28:02 <EnkelenaH[m]> 6 weeks is not enough time, it would be better more than 2 months before
18:28:19 <EnkelenaH[m]> both would be good, so poeple dont forget
18:28:23 <DLange> we should probably ask for the visa-required info (passport numbers come to mind) for people that need visa in the registration form
18:28:27 <arianit2[m]1> yes, it should be part of the registration process
18:28:40 <tumbleweed> we'll need to take it into account in our timeline, then
18:28:41 <EnkelenaH[m]> great
18:28:54 <pwaring> #agreed visa data collection will be part of the registration process
18:28:56 <tumbleweed> e.g. a registration deadline for people needing arrival visas of 2 months in advance
18:29:11 <tumbleweed> and we'll need to know how someone knows whether they need it
18:29:33 <EnkelenaH[m]> its on the ministry's website, which we will provide the link for
18:29:43 <tumbleweed> probably a link to a list of countries that are visa exempt
18:29:50 <tumbleweed> I assume it's available for all other countries
18:30:03 <pwaring> presumably we'll also need to link to any COVID-related info
18:30:08 <tumbleweed> or will some people need to get one in-person?
18:30:10 <pwaring> e.g. do you need a vaccination proof
18:30:12 <tumbleweed> pwaring: yeah, probably
18:30:21 <EnkelenaH[m]> yes
18:30:46 <tumbleweed> can we prioritise writing these pages for the website? visa & covid-19 restrictions
18:31:03 <EnkelenaH[m]> sure
18:31:17 <tumbleweed> one of the things for vaccination proof is what will be accepted
18:31:25 <pwaring> #agreed visa and COVID-19 restrictions to be prioritised for website
18:31:46 <tumbleweed> e.g. will you accept my paper hand-written vaccine card? or must I get it converted into some Kosovo document / an EU QR code
18:32:24 <arianit2[m]1> <pwaring "#agreed visa and COVID-19 restri"> still too early, this is a moving target. currently both doses required.
18:32:47 <DLange> well, update the web page as things change
18:32:49 <pwaring> I think it would be good if we put the current info on now though, we can always update it
18:32:50 <DLange> not that hard to do
18:32:50 <tumbleweed> we should probably start with what we've got, and update it as they change
18:32:53 <arianit2[m]1> it will be something along the global standard.
18:33:00 <pwaring> it makes it look like we've thought about it
18:33:02 <tumbleweed> I'm not aware of any global standard
18:33:08 <tumbleweed> there's an EU standard
18:33:33 <arianit2[m]1> so antivaxxers don't have a chance
18:33:54 <arianit2[m]1> countries seem to be coalescing around similar rules
18:34:15 <tumbleweed> my experience so far is that there are 2 relevant sets of rules
18:34:30 <DLange> country of origin and country of destination?
18:34:36 <tumbleweed> for arrival in a country, most other countries vaccine proof is accepted (sometimes the vaccine has to be one that is approved locally)
18:34:44 <DLange> (and then the US if you happen to stopover there)
18:35:05 <tumbleweed> for attending events, one often needs the local vaccine passport. So if you're a foreigner, you have to get yours converted, somehow
18:35:37 <tumbleweed> I've got mine converted to Canadian. And am trying to get it converted to EU, but this is messy...
18:36:11 <pwaring> is there an official gov website we can point to start with? plus 'please check your own country's entry/exit requirements'
18:36:35 <pwaring> I don't think we need huge detail now, but we do need to show that we've thought about it and are keeping up to date
18:36:35 <tumbleweed> and I guess we'll also need to tell people where they can get tested, on the way back home (if necessary)
18:36:38 <arianit2[m]1> Era Hamiti: this is relevant for you. Entry visa requirement rules and Covid entry rules.
18:36:52 <eraha1[m]> Noted
18:37:05 <arianit2[m]1> it's a bit messy, we'll copy info from the MoH decision
18:37:14 <pwaring> ok, cool
18:37:17 <pwaring> anything else?
18:38:42 <pwaring> ok, thank you all for coming, see you in 2 weeks!
18:38:46 <pwaring> #endmeeting