17:59:32 <pwaring> #startmeeting Debconf 22 Team meeting
17:59:32 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov 29 17:59:32 2021 UTC.  The chair is pwaring. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:32 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:39 <pwaring> #topic Roll call
17:59:48 <EnkelenaH[m]> hi
17:59:53 <pwaring> as always, if you're here please introduce yourself (I'm Paul)
17:59:54 <tumbleweed> o/
18:00:32 <arianit2[m]1> hi
18:01:06 <valmirio[m]> Hi
18:01:16 <DLange> \o/
18:01:52 <pwaring> #topic DC21 additional t-shirt printing
18:01:55 <pwaring> anything to update on this?
18:02:19 <pwaring> last time there was an action to send email asking if people would like t-shirts
18:02:35 <tumbleweed> nattie?
18:03:29 <nattie> hello
18:04:19 <nattie> we will take some time to write that on Thursday and get that out
18:04:48 <pwaring> ok cool, I don't think there's anything else that needs to be said :)
18:04:50 <nattie> (also, hi, i'm Nattie)
18:05:03 <pwaring> #topic Logo design
18:05:28 <pwaring> #info font licence is CC 4.0 BY
18:05:37 <pwaring> is there anything else we need to discuss about the logo?
18:05:55 <EnkelenaH[m]> we have gotten the confirmation from designers. I forwarded the email to @Dlange
18:06:03 <pwaring> great
18:06:05 <pwaring> thanks for that
18:06:15 <DLange> yep, and I added the info as per above to the agenda
18:06:18 <DLange> team work :)
18:06:21 <tumbleweed> can we get the logo artwork into https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/ ?
18:07:01 <DLange> (this is tumbleweedish for ... Please get the logo artwork into ...^)
18:07:06 <EnkelenaH[m]> this? https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/-/blob/main/fundraising/brochure/img/DebConfOfficialLogo.png
18:07:10 <tumbleweed> the SVG
18:07:19 <EnkelenaH[m]> sure
18:07:23 <tumbleweed> usually we have an "artwork" folder in the top of the repo
18:07:26 <tumbleweed> with the sources for the logo, etc.
18:07:43 <EnkelenaH[m]> okay
18:07:54 <tumbleweed> thanks!
18:07:59 <DLange> we have https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/websites/dc22/-/blob/671a5e89e7951508be7439fcc81dec8b716ae4e4/assets/img/dc22-logo.svg
18:08:08 <DLange> should probably be the same file then
18:08:33 <DLange> may be we should put the font there as well, bit hard to find for non-Albanians
18:08:52 <DLange> (non-Albanian speakers)
18:09:05 * DLange needs to make sure to differentiate the two
18:09:32 <tumbleweed> yeah
18:10:08 <pwaring> would anyone like to take the action to put the SVG + font into the relevant place on Salsa?
18:10:21 <EnkelenaH[m]> I will do that
18:10:32 <pwaring> #action EnkelenaH[m] to add SVG and font for logo into Salsa
18:10:33 <pwaring> thanks
18:10:38 <pwaring> let's move on!
18:10:46 <pwaring> #topic Fundraising brochure / flyer
18:11:06 <EnkelenaH[m]> https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/-/tree/main/fundraising
18:11:16 <pwaring> #link https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc22/-/tree/main/fundraising
18:11:28 <pwaring> I proof-read it, couldn't find any problems :)
18:11:33 <EnkelenaH[m]> I have put a clearer picture of Prizren.
18:11:39 <EnkelenaH[m]> thanks pwaring (IRC)
18:12:02 <pwaring> is there anything that needs to be done on the flyer, or is it good to go now that we've confirmed the logo?
18:12:18 <pwaring> the deadline for comments was 22nd Nov
18:12:27 <EnkelenaH[m]> If we confirm it, we would like to start the process of sending emails to previous sponsors
18:12:46 <pwaring> okay, can I have a +1 from everyone happy to confirm the brochure please
18:12:47 <DLange> sounds good
18:13:01 <DLange> I'll put the flyer and brochure on media.dc.o so you can link there
18:13:10 <EnkelenaH[m]> thanks DLange (IRC)
18:13:43 <DLange> Note to self: https://debconf22.debconf.org/sponsors/become-a-sponsor/ needs to have the link updated then, too
18:13:59 <pwaring> #agreed brochure is ready to go
18:14:11 <pwaring> #action DLange to upload flyer and brochure to media.dc.o
18:15:00 <pwaring> #topic Website
18:15:31 <tumbleweed> I see an MR, thanks!
18:15:34 <tumbleweed> I'll review it now
18:15:36 <pwaring> excellent
18:15:51 <terceiro> sorry I missed all movement on the website front so far
18:15:52 <EnkelenaH[m]> tumbleweed (IRC): we need some help with the colors
18:15:56 <pwaring> I guess as the website is live, it's just a rolling work in progress?
18:16:16 <EnkelenaH[m]> I put the main color, which is greenish but for the purple one if you could decide where and how should it go
18:16:21 <EnkelenaH[m]> :)
18:16:39 <pwaring> #link https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/websites/dc22
18:17:38 <tumbleweed> pwaring: yeah, it'll continue to roll
18:17:46 <tumbleweed> but I'm guessing these early stages will set the design
18:18:03 <tumbleweed> brb, need to go measure something
18:18:17 <pwaring> okay now we have the really exciting topic of...
18:18:22 <terceiro> EnkelenaH[m]: can you open a discussion thread on the MR ?
18:18:22 <pwaring> #topic Plan B
18:18:47 <terceiro> ok, this topic was me
18:18:49 <pwaring> the question on the agenda is whether we should be thinking of a plan B (presumably in case we can't do in person)
18:19:09 <terceiro> I don't like to insist on this, but I feel like I have to
18:19:20 <nattie> alas
18:19:26 <terceiro> the news about the n-th wave in Europe are a bit concerning
18:19:30 <nattie> things are locking down again
18:19:35 <DLange> #link https://coronalevel.com/Kosovo/
18:20:12 <arianit2[m]1> we had two cases today, but you never know when your luck will run out
18:20:28 <terceiro> yes, we can't foresee the future, by definition :)
18:20:37 <terceiro> the point is being prepared
18:20:54 <terceiro> i.e. we don't want to wait until the very last minute before eventually cancelling
18:21:00 <pwaring> even if there are few cases in the location, cases elsewhere might make travel difficult
18:22:06 <DLange> can we discuss that in - say - April? When we have at least a chance to guesstimate what things may look like three month later?
18:22:21 <EnkelenaH[m]> I agree
18:22:29 <valmirio[m]> Agree
18:22:33 <terceiro> so we leave any planning to then?
18:22:48 <arianit2[m]1> yes, in the meanwhile we should have some criteria on how we will decide go/no-go
18:22:55 <pwaring> presumably we have the infra from last year which we can re-use?
18:22:56 * nattie thinks a framework of preparations should be in place, in case
18:23:00 <DLange> any non-conference-on-location planning, I'd say
18:23:01 <pwaring> if we have to go virtual
18:23:55 * EnkelenaH[m] < https://matrix.debian.social/_matrix/media/r0/download/matrix.debian.social/BbjzhbbuOsMTeJbfAKXLSWcQ/message.txt >
18:24:00 <EnkelenaH[m]> this if from last year
18:24:06 <EnkelenaH[m]> we used the same on the brochure
18:24:42 <DLange> sounds good, EnkelenaH[m]
18:24:47 <DLange> NB: https://debconf22.debconf.org/schedule/important-dates/ says March for deciding on "having the physical conference"
18:25:00 <DLange> so we should review that in March 2022 then
18:25:44 <tumbleweed> back
18:25:53 <terceiro> ok.
18:26:01 <terceiro> I hope everything works out
18:26:11 <terceiro> but we need to be aware that it might not
18:26:24 <nattie> terceiro: +1 on all that
18:26:31 <EnkelenaH[m]> I agree
18:26:37 <pwaring> #agreed review situation before March 2022 and make a go/no-go on in-person then
18:27:00 <terceiro> and if we need to do online again, we probably need to/should change the model to be smaller/less tiresome
18:27:12 <pwaring> #topic Meeting schedule
18:27:45 <pwaring> Next meeting will be 13th December, but the following one would be 27th December (which will be a bank holiday in some places)
18:28:03 <DLange> let's skip that one
18:28:23 <pwaring> any objections to skipped 27th?
18:28:29 <pwaring> next one would be 10th January
18:28:36 <EnkelenaH[m]> no problem for us
18:28:37 <tumbleweed> +1
18:29:02 <pwaring> #agreed Next two meetings: 13th December, 10th January
18:29:09 <pwaring> #topic AOB
18:29:17 <pwaring> anything else that we need to cover?
18:30:17 <EnkelenaH[m]> nothing from our side. Just that we will be focused on the sponsorship and also budget
18:30:18 <EnkelenaH[m]> until next meeting
18:30:54 <arianit2[m]1> we worked on content some EnkelenaH ?
18:31:00 <arianit2[m]1> website that is
18:31:06 <EnkelenaH[m]> we have a MR yes
18:31:08 <EnkelenaH[m]> :)
18:31:12 <pwaring> ok, thank you all for coming, see you in two weeks!
18:31:15 <pwaring> #endmeeting