17:59:50 <pwaring> #startmeeting Debconf 22 Team meeting
17:59:50 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Feb 21 17:59:50 2022 UTC.  The chair is pwaring. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:50 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:57 <pwaring> #topic Roll call
18:00:07 <pwaring> as always, please introduce yourself if you're here (I'm Paul)
18:00:12 <EnkelenaH[m]> hello
18:00:36 <DLange> ~ Hello ~
18:00:37 <eraha1[m]> Hi, I'm Era :)
18:02:08 <edonis[m]> Hello
18:02:11 <terceiro> hi
18:02:13 <valmirio[m]> Hello :)
18:03:18 <pwaring> #topic In-person event planning: Tracks and talk types
18:03:35 <pwaring> At the last meeting we agreed to populate the track and talk types
18:04:14 <EnkelenaH[m]> I have copy pasted the ones from last year, and Terceiro has activated the page for submitting proposals, with those listes
18:04:17 <EnkelenaH[m]> listed*
18:04:47 <pwaring> great!
18:04:57 <pwaring> #info Track and talk types have been populated based on the previous year
18:05:26 <pwaring> #topic In-person event planning: Call for Papers
18:06:04 <pwaring> Is the proposals page ready? The website says it has not been opened
18:06:17 <EnkelenaH[m]> I have created a MR, with the CFP page on the website.
18:06:31 <EnkelenaH[m]> <KGB-0 "DebConf 22 main EnkelenaH * [ope"> here
18:06:55 <EnkelenaH[m]> Once this is merged, we can send out the email to the announce mailing list
18:07:01 <EnkelenaH[m]> With that text
18:07:06 <pwaring> #info Merge request is pending for the CFP page
18:07:08 <pwaring> #link https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/websites/dc22/-/merge_requests/5/diffs
18:07:36 <pwaring> hopefully it will get merged soon :)
18:08:14 <pwaring> #topic In-person event planning: Important dates
18:08:16 <EnkelenaH[m]> Should I, or someone from the international content team send out the email
18:08:24 <EnkelenaH[m]> sorry pwaring (IRC)
18:08:41 <pwaring> I'm not sure what the process is for sending it out
18:08:46 <pwaring> does anyone know?
18:09:04 <DLange> send to the various -announce lists
18:09:12 <pwaring> can anyone do that?
18:09:36 <DLange> Only with a DD gpg signature
18:09:56 <EnkelenaH[m]> ok we need a volunteer
18:10:20 <DLange> I can do it if I am around
18:10:32 <DLange> but I am sure terceiro or tumbleweed would as well
18:10:45 <DLange> just see whom you can catch at your convenience
18:10:46 <EnkelenaH[m]> great
18:10:55 <pwaring> thanks for volunteering
18:11:19 <pwaring> #action CFP to be sent to -announce once merge request reviewed
18:11:45 <DLange> #link https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2021/05/msg00003.html
18:11:49 <DLange> ^Same from last year
18:11:55 <DLange> *Sample from...
18:12:14 <pwaring> for important dates, there is a skeleton list on the website, some of which are coming up soon
18:12:19 <pwaring> #link https://debconf22.debconf.org/schedule/important-dates/
18:12:29 <EnkelenaH[m]> Regarding important dates. The open day is a bit confusing. I am not sure if it should be the 16th of July or 17th of July.
18:12:30 <pwaring> can we agree fixed dates for any of them now
18:12:34 <terceiro> I can send the cfp
18:13:45 <EnkelenaH[m]> I guess tumbleweed has perfectly put it on the list, so I agree on leaving it as it is, on 17th
18:13:51 <DLange> EnkelenaH[m]: we typically put the "arrival day" in that list so more people are actually *there* on the 17th
18:14:15 <DLange> otherwise a lot of people find out it actually takes the best part of a day to travel to places :=
18:15:04 <EnkelenaH[m]> so arrival day should be 16th, opening day 17th
18:15:29 <DLange> yes
18:15:30 <EnkelenaH[m]> DLange (IRC): if I understand you clearly
18:15:33 <EnkelenaH[m]> cool :)
18:16:09 <pwaring> the dates that are coming up that we need to specify are: Decision on having physical conf, CFP opening, Registration opening
18:16:37 <pwaring> probably in that order, as the decision might affect CFP + registration
18:17:25 <EnkelenaH[m]> on the content team room, we spoke about April 15 being the day for CFP to be closed
18:17:30 <EnkelenaH[m]> so consider that
18:18:23 <pwaring> ok, so that will be 'Last day for submitting a talk that will be considered for the official schedule.'
18:18:34 <EnkelenaH[m]> yep
18:18:35 <pwaring> (on the current list, we can of course change the descriptions)
18:19:21 <pwaring> if we work back from that, giving people a month to submit would mean CFP opening by 14 March
18:20:01 <pwaring> so we could do: March 7 - decision on physical conf (i.e. our next meeting in two weeks), March 14 - CFP open, registration open
18:20:29 <pwaring> do those sound like reasonable dates?
18:21:21 <EnkelenaH[m]> sounds good
18:21:30 <nattie> +1
18:22:21 <arianit[m]> +1
18:24:14 <pwaring> #agreed Important dates: March 7: Decision on physical conference; March 14: CFP open, registration open; April 15: CFP closed
18:25:09 <pwaring> #topic Remote contingency planning: Feedback from others
18:25:34 <pwaring> At the last meeting we asked everyone to solicit feedback/input from anyone who had been involved in remote confs (inc. Debian ones)
18:25:57 <pwaring> does anyone have anything they would like to bring up on that?
18:29:18 <arianit[m]> Matrix solution for Fosdem was nice. I don't know if you would like to imitate them.
18:30:13 <arianit[m]> https://matrix.org/blog/2022/02/07/hosting-fosdem-2022-on-matrix
18:30:24 <pwaring> #link https://matrix.org/blog/2022/02/07/hosting-fosdem-2022-on-matrix
18:31:49 <pwaring> shall we discuss this in more detail at the next meeting, once we've taken the physical/remote decision?
18:32:30 <DLange> yeah, and when the Video team have had a discussion, too
18:32:51 <pwaring> sounds good
18:33:01 <pwaring> #topic Meeting schedule
18:33:30 <DLange> March 7 and then 21?
18:33:51 <pwaring> #info Next meetings will be Monday 7th March and Monday 21st March, 18:00 UTC
18:34:14 <pwaring> as we get nearer the time we might go to more frequent meetings, but I think we're still a way off that point
18:34:53 <EnkelenaH[m]> of course :)
18:35:11 <pwaring> #topic AOB
18:35:17 <pwaring> anything else that people want to discuss?
18:37:13 <pwaring> okay, thank you all for coming and see you in two weeks!
18:37:16 <pwaring> #endmeeting