17:59:15 <pwaring> #startmeeting DebConf 22 Team meeting: https://deb.li/dc22meet
17:59:15 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May  2 17:59:15 2022 UTC.  The chair is pwaring. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:15 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:18 <pwaring> #topic Roll call
17:59:24 <pwaring> say hi if you're here :)
17:59:30 <EnkelenaH[m]> hello
17:59:36 <DLange> hi if you're here
18:00:13 <nattiemh[m]> Hola
18:00:22 <AbrahamRaji[m]> Hey
18:00:25 <arianit[m]> hello
18:01:15 <terceiro> hi
18:01:57 <pwaring> #topic In-person evening planning: Network infrastructure
18:02:07 <tumbleweed> ohi
18:02:23 <EnkelenaH[m]> We have the requirements list, which we have sent to the network provider.
18:02:39 <lenharo> Hi
18:02:45 <phls> ho
18:02:47 <phls> hi
18:02:52 <pwaring> #info Requirements list for networking has been sent to the network provider
18:03:14 <pwaring> Is there anything we need to decide/discuss on networking? We covered it in some depth last time
18:03:47 <tumbleweed> if they have any questions, we can discuss it with them. But no, I can't think of anything else for now
18:04:11 <pwaring> okay, let's move swiftly on then
18:04:22 <pwaring> #topic In-person evening planning: Logistics for COVID-19
18:04:56 <EnkelenaH[m]> Who added this? That person should ask questions, because I think we went through this last time
18:05:09 <pwaring> EnkelenaH[m]: the agenda tends to get copied across
18:05:14 <EnkelenaH[m]> oh
18:05:16 <EnkelenaH[m]> :)
18:05:20 <pwaring> if there's nothing to discuss/update, we can move on
18:05:25 <pwaring> and I'll take it off future ones
18:06:00 <DLange> +1
18:06:07 <pwaring> #topic In-person evening planning: Possibility of upgrading to single rooms
18:06:14 <arianit[m]> covid situation here seems stable. around 10 cases per day.
18:06:35 <nattiemh[m]> Across the whole country?
18:06:36 <pwaring> tumbleweed: is there support for the different accomodation prices?
18:06:59 <arianit[m]> nattiemh[m] (IRC): yes
18:07:04 <tumbleweed> yep, this was implemented
18:07:26 <pwaring> great, thanks
18:07:45 <pwaring> #info Registration now supports different accomodation prices for single/shared rooms
18:08:16 <pwaring> I'll take that off future agendas too
18:08:35 <pwaring> #topic Remote contingency planning
18:08:49 <pwaring> Is there anything we need to discuss around continency plans? Video team?
18:09:29 <terceiro> we will need to figure out what to do wrt the CfP is in-person goes down
18:09:50 <tumbleweed> the video team discussed this, last week
18:10:00 <tumbleweed> conclusion was that we can pivot to an online conference, given 1 month's notice
18:10:30 <pwaring> #info Video team can pivot to online with 1 month's notice if needed
18:11:14 <terceiro> we need to keep in mind that if we have to cancel, depending on how close that is to our original planned dates, we will need to even move dates
18:11:45 <DLange> the sponsors' team would like to ask for a large box of headache pills in the yet-another-year-online case
18:12:01 <terceiro> we will also need to confirm which speakers would be able/willing to present online etc
18:12:44 <terceiro> but TBH I don't even want to discuss that possibility, but as long as we need to think of a contingency plan ...
18:13:43 <EnkelenaH[m]> is there any written thing which tells us under what case would we cancel? Except Covid
18:13:48 <AbrahamRaji[m]> terceiro: suggestion: Could add this in the CfP form.
18:13:57 <pwaring> Given that we're ~2.5 months away from in-person, I think we're at the limits of what we can plan for
18:14:01 <DLange> I think we had something in the brochure not?
18:14:20 <EnkelenaH[m]> yeah but mostly related to covid
18:14:24 <EnkelenaH[m]> on which we had to do a poll
18:14:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> I was wondering if there is something else
18:14:41 <tumbleweed> EnkelenaH[m]: covid is basically why we're talking about this, yes
18:14:44 <terceiro> I don't think so. only covid
18:14:46 <DLange> yeah, the "war" option is new on the radar :(
18:14:48 <tumbleweed> if there was a border closure or serious lock-down
18:15:07 <EnkelenaH[m]> cool
18:16:26 <pwaring> okay, let's leave it as we are for now as I don't think we can do a lot more at this stage
18:17:11 <pwaring> #topic CfP stats and next steps
18:17:14 <terceiro> ok
18:17:19 <pwaring> terceiro: I think you added this item?
18:17:21 <terceiro> we have 91 talks submitted so far
18:17:25 <terceiro> yes, it was me
18:17:46 <terceiro> I just created the review aspects in the system, and will ping the content team to start reviewing
18:18:01 <pwaring> #info 91 talks submitted as of today
18:18:06 <peb> o/
18:18:37 <terceiro> one thing we are doing different this time is that we now have a pre-approval for things we know we want to have (e.g. Bits from X etc), to save time for the reviewers
18:18:50 <terceiro> Y BoF
18:18:55 <terceiro> etc
18:19:19 <tumbleweed> nice
18:19:20 <terceiro> so this is pretty much it
18:19:32 <peb> I met an issue you could help me with
18:19:34 <arianit[m]> is 91 good?
18:19:43 <EnkelenaH[m]> thats a way lower number then other in-person times, is it not?
18:20:09 <peb> I did not receive later discussions between sponsor@ and sponsors, as DF treasurer it's a bit frustrating, as I discovered stuff when I received google's contract to sign
18:20:21 <peb> could someone ask dsa on RT to add me to sponsors@?
18:20:35 <DLange> do it, peb
18:20:49 <DLange> you are DSA trainee
18:20:52 <peb> for traceability I can't add myself without a ticket
18:20:54 <peb> :)
18:21:11 <terceiro> arianit[m]: EnkelenaH[m] it is a bit on the low side
18:21:13 <DLange> you have a public meeting log, paste it in a ticket
18:21:14 <peb> maybe I missed such a ticket?
18:21:30 <terceiro> but we can also add more stuff
18:21:43 <terceiro> and there are late submissions, adhoc activites etc
18:21:56 <nattiemh[m]> There's always time for more lightning talks ;)
18:22:12 <pwaring> have we closed the CfP? I can still get to the Talk Submission form
18:22:26 <terceiro> I don't we need to bother with closing it TBH
18:22:39 <terceiro> we accept late submissions, so
18:22:43 <tumbleweed> we usually leave it open for ad-hoc submissions during the event
18:22:54 <tumbleweed> in fact, somebody just noticed that we'd left dc21 open until yesterday :P
18:22:59 <terceiro> haha
18:23:07 <DLange> smirk
18:23:20 <terceiro> I think we can close it just to be able to review without the list growing
18:23:21 <DLange> did we get any good late submissions? :)
18:23:25 <terceiro> and reopen later?
18:23:51 <tumbleweed> terceiro: or you change the status to "under review" for the ones that have been received
18:23:54 <tumbleweed> and just review those
18:24:03 <DLange> +1 on that proposal
18:24:15 <tumbleweed> err, Under Consideration, I think is the status
18:24:16 <terceiro> k
18:24:17 <DLange> let's not make things more complicated than necessary
18:25:11 <terceiro> I think we are done with this item
18:25:12 <pwaring> #agreed CfP to remain open in case of late submissions, 91 submissions already in the queue will be reviewed
18:25:23 <pwaring> #topic Bursaries stats and next steps
18:25:48 <phls> I already approved bursaries for: video team, debconf-ctte, front-desk team, local team, accommodation only,  food only (except for one person filled the filds with "?"
18:25:56 <phls> Now people need to accept
18:26:05 <phls> And I'm working on food + accommodation only requests
18:26:53 <DLange> you need to get people spammed for the info that they can accept granted bursaries
18:26:57 <tumbleweed> we should probably send confirmation emails for those
18:27:11 <pwaring> #info Bursaries other than food + accomodation approved and waiting acceptances
18:27:30 <phls> but I'm worried becausa I think utkarsh2102 hasn't send the call for referees
18:27:48 <DLange> neither have I
18:27:54 <DLange> where did you send it?
18:27:56 <EnkelenaH[m]> Something I discussed privately with phls (IRC) is to have a way to leave the bursaries requests open for food and accommodation only
18:28:15 <tumbleweed> EnkelenaH[m]: not at the moment, no
18:28:29 <EnkelenaH[m]> I know there is no such thing on the website so far. But maybe find a way and let people know about it. Maybe email bursaries@debconf
18:28:32 <phls> DLange, we talked with Gunnar to invite first referees from previous year (2019)
18:28:45 <DLange> aah, o.k.
18:29:05 <phls> we (I, Gunnar and  Utkarsh)
18:29:36 <tumbleweed> EnkelenaH[m]: yes, for now that's the best option
18:30:29 <DLange> phls: totally fine for me, just typically it goes no the distribution list and there I did not see it (obviously if you semt direct mails)
18:30:31 <phls> I think when we publish the news about bursaries approved, we can add a line saying people can ask for food and/or accommodation yet
18:30:59 <phls> sending an email to bursaries@....
18:32:14 <EnkelenaH[m]> works I think
18:34:57 <pwaring> anything else on bursaries?
18:35:00 <phls> no
18:35:35 <pwaring> #topic Meeting schedule
18:35:48 <pwaring> #info Next meeting will be Monday 16th May 2022 at 18:00 UTC
18:35:55 <pwaring> #topic AOB
18:36:03 <pwaring> anything else that needs to be discussed/agreed?
18:39:11 <pwaring> okay, thank you all for coming and see you in two weeks!
18:39:17 <pwaring> #endmeeting