17:58:49 <tzafrir> #startmeeting DebConf Team Meeting, agenda: https://deb.li/dc22meet
17:58:49 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jul  4 17:58:49 2022 UTC.  The chair is tzafrir. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:58:49 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:05 <tzafrir> #topic Roll Call
17:59:14 <pwaring> hi
17:59:24 <lenharo> Hello
17:59:25 <tumbleweed> hi
17:59:31 <DLange> \o/
17:59:32 <edonis[m]> Hi
17:59:36 <EnkelenaH[m]> hi
18:00:24 <tzafrir> #topic Map of room layouts
18:00:25 <nattie> hola
18:00:45 <terceiro> hi
18:00:51 <EnkelenaH[m]> I believe we cleared that.
18:01:02 <srud> Hi
18:01:22 <tumbleweed> yes, thanks
18:02:09 <tzafrir> #topic A/V and network
18:02:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> this one too? tumbleweed (IRC)
18:02:43 <tumbleweed> we met with the ISP
18:03:03 <tumbleweed> we'll have to run our own video team network
18:03:25 <tumbleweed> some planning for that is in progress: https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/22/Network
18:03:57 <tumbleweed> we're looking for network team volunteers
18:04:28 <tumbleweed> that's all on that topic
18:05:23 <tzafrir> #topic Bursary and registration status
18:05:34 <nattie> FYI room assignments are in progress
18:07:07 <tzafrir> Any other update on this topic?
18:07:37 <tumbleweed> no other updates, I don't think
18:08:07 <tzafrir> #topic Design: nametag
18:08:46 <EnkelenaH[m]> we will do the same what has been done in the last two debconfs.
18:09:06 <EnkelenaH[m]> a printed paper to be put inside a plastic holder
18:09:20 <tumbleweed> so, print on demand at the front desk?
18:09:29 <EnkelenaH[m]> yes
18:09:50 <tumbleweed> and the design of the name tag?
18:09:53 <nattie> if there's space, a few polite phrases in Albanian might be nice to include (say, on the back)
18:10:16 <nattie> (hello, please, thank you, that kind of thing)
18:10:38 <DLange> "we come in peace", "two beers please"
18:10:41 <EnkelenaH[m]> tumbleweed (IRC): lets wait two more days, our designer has almost finished stickers and such,, so we can call those images
18:10:49 <EnkelenaH[m]> but definitely need your help
18:10:52 <tumbleweed> OK
18:12:50 <tzafrir> The same applies for the design of the food vouchers?
18:13:08 <EnkelenaH[m]> it does, we will design that by ourselves and print it
18:13:27 <EnkelenaH[m]> we dont need tumbleweed (IRC) help in that case
18:14:10 <EnkelenaH[m]> one question
18:14:39 <EnkelenaH[m]> as my memory has failed me. When do we give out the name tags and other swag? First day of debconf?
18:14:45 <tumbleweed> when people check in
18:14:47 <nattie> on arrival
18:15:22 <nattie> or as close to that as possible, if things haven't arrived yet (such as t-shirts)
18:16:00 <EnkelenaH[m]> understood
18:16:41 <tumbleweed> but we probably need name tags and food tickets at the start of debcamp
18:17:26 <nattie> yeah, effectively (when we've had to wait for the arrival of things), we've given out the actual swag a day or two later, but the nametags are the most urgent things
18:18:16 <EnkelenaH[m]> okay
18:20:00 <tzafrir> #topic DEsign: T-shirt
18:20:01 <tumbleweed> that means we'll need: card for the nametags, holders, lanyards, and a colour laser printer
18:20:23 <EnkelenaH[m]> tzafrir (IRC): shall we go on faster please
18:20:33 <EnkelenaH[m]> tumbleweed (IRC): yes :)
18:20:52 <tzafrir> #undo
18:20:52 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Topic object at 0x116f410>
18:21:04 <EnkelenaH[m]> when you say card
18:21:09 <EnkelenaH[m]> did we not have plain paper?
18:21:19 <DLange> A4 is a bit big
18:22:14 <EnkelenaH[m]> i think we had A4 last times
18:22:20 <EnkelenaH[m]> ?
18:22:48 <lenharo> we used A4 for DC19...
18:22:49 <nattie> i think we can check that outside the meeting and give you the info
18:23:17 <DLange> you can fold A4 twice (so A6 result)
18:23:28 <nattie> also there are probably existing design templates for badges from 18 and 19, which may be useful to your designer
18:23:30 <DLange> that is what people can carry around their neck if you want to
18:23:53 <tumbleweed> yeah I guess folded twice we don't want a heavy card
18:24:13 <tumbleweed> but not very thin paper, either. If it has a map on it, it must be able to survive going in and out of the holder a few times
18:24:31 <nattie> 80gsm is probably fine
18:24:43 <lenharo> please... think about to put a venue map
18:24:56 <EnkelenaH[m]> we are thinking
18:25:03 <DLange> and the bus lines that go (back) to ITP
18:25:04 <lenharo> \o
18:25:19 <EnkelenaH[m]> okay
18:25:35 <DLange> and nattie's phone number (i.e. the front desk SIM you are getting)
18:25:46 <DLange> #survivalinfo
18:26:58 <tzafrir> Anything else on this topic?
18:27:07 <nattie> shall we briefly discuss the details after the meeting?
18:27:30 <DLange> would be good to see a design once the designer is sufficiently done
18:27:50 <nattie> s/details/basic structure/
18:28:06 <nattie> (those interested please stay a few minutes after, thanks)
18:28:21 <lenharo> ok
18:28:44 <tzafrir> #topic T-shirt
18:29:46 <EnkelenaH[m]> t-shirts design is done. They will be printed soon. We will be having the staff and video team t-shirts right away while the atendee ones may be delayed
18:30:32 <tumbleweed> I guess you went with only straight cuts, no fitted cut shirts?
18:30:32 <DLange> that's actually good news as we can then look at the first batch and if there are issues left, they can fix them for the big set of attendee shirts
18:31:10 <tumbleweed> are the sizes close to the ones on our website?
18:31:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> no :( tumbleweed (IRC)
18:31:37 <EnkelenaH[m]> we cant make fitted cut
18:31:58 <EnkelenaH[m]> but the size itself yes
18:33:41 <srud> EnkelenaH[m]: how did you adjust fitted to straight size?
18:34:04 <nattie> it's probably 2-3 sizes difference
18:34:28 <tumbleweed> or more. XL fitted = S straight on our size chart: https://debconf22.debconf.org/about/t-shirts/
18:34:32 <EnkelenaH[m]> i would not say so, as I wore one and it seemed fine
18:37:29 <lenharo> is not good to send an announce about it? and people could select the proper size??
18:37:45 <tumbleweed> there probably isn't time for that
18:38:15 <tumbleweed> I mean we can ask them to select the right size, but we can't give them very long to do that
18:38:31 <tumbleweed> EnkelenaH[m]: what's your deadline for needing quantities?
18:38:41 <EnkelenaH[m]> passed
18:38:45 <tumbleweed> :)
18:38:52 <tumbleweed> let's move on, then
18:38:52 <DLange> at least we should order the size people specified and not just "M" regardless
18:39:04 <tumbleweed> DLange: we can't, for the fitted cuts
18:39:07 <EnkelenaH[m]> but there are like 70 fitted ones, and we are printing way more than needed
18:39:24 <lenharo> ack
18:39:25 <DLange> well, what size did you order for fitted ones?
18:40:18 <DLange> XL fitted = S straight (tumbleweed's logic) or XL fitted = XL straight (the more simple approach)
18:40:35 <EnkelenaH[m]> the more simple yes
18:40:47 <tumbleweed> they'll probably be too big for many people :)
18:40:48 <EnkelenaH[m]> but I think we have enough for both cases
18:42:00 <DLange> so, we'd like the fitted cut people to feast and the other ones to go on a slim diet for two weeks please :-)
18:42:20 <tumbleweed> :P
18:42:26 <EnkelenaH[m]> we can probably change it
18:42:29 <EnkelenaH[m]> lets try tomorrow
18:42:38 <DLange> good idea, please try
18:42:39 <EnkelenaH[m]> Valmir will send the new numbers
18:43:00 <DLange> look at the size chart and then order the matching sizes (err on too large if you have to)
18:43:00 <EnkelenaH[m]> so lets just do -3?
18:43:12 <DLange> no, see the line above
18:43:25 <DLange> use the size chart and compare to the one from your T-Shirt printer
18:43:36 <tumbleweed> the supplier may also have advice about converting from our size chart to their shirts
18:43:58 <DLange> they will have a size chart if they use branded shirts
18:44:01 <EnkelenaH[m]> okay, valmirio will handle it
18:46:55 <tzafrir> Anything else on this topic?
18:47:31 <tzafrir> #topic Swag order data
18:48:22 <EnkelenaH[m]> its ordered. Just these adjustements
18:51:12 <tzafrir> #topic Job fair
18:52:53 <tzafrir> Anything on the job fair?
18:54:54 <DLange> We'd need to send potential participants from the sponsors some info.
18:55:11 <DLange> E.g. when, what we provide, what they need to bring etc.
18:55:14 <EnkelenaH[m]> yeah, I will send that maybe tomorrow
18:55:33 <DLange> cool. Ask for feeback who wants to participate.
18:55:41 <DLange> That way you know how big (or small) to plan.
18:57:07 <EnkelenaH[m]> okay
18:57:45 <tzafrir> #topic Info mail to attendees
18:57:50 <tzafrir> Info mail to attendees with latest info on travel, regulations (vaccination, food import) and local number for front desk
18:58:22 <nattie> could someone from localteam please talk to me about this?
18:59:18 <nattie> after the meeting, that is
18:59:55 <arianit[m]> I can do this through might need to collect all the info
19:00:07 <arianit[m]> *though
19:00:57 <nattie> arianit[m]: thanks.  i'll talk to you afterwards, and we can see which info we already have and what needs finding
19:01:32 <arianit[m]> ok
19:02:03 <tzafrir> #topic Next meeting
19:02:39 <tzafrir> Debcamp?
19:02:42 <EnkelenaH[m]> in person
19:02:55 <tumbleweed> tzafrir: I just injected an agenda item
19:03:11 <tumbleweed> can we review https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/websites/dc22/-/merge_requests/75 ?
19:03:31 <tzafrir> #undo
19:03:31 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Topic object at 0x15c3350>
19:03:53 <tzafrir> #topic Update to COVID-19 policy
19:04:09 <tumbleweed> whoops, a mistake was spotted
19:04:51 <tumbleweed> can a local confirm that that is correct
19:04:51 <DLange> looks good tumbleweed (with gregoa comment applied)
19:06:00 <arianit[m]> I will confirm tomorrow
19:06:11 <tumbleweed> thanks
19:06:21 <gregoa> thanks tumbleweed!
19:06:43 <gregoa> will there be enough tests available for "we recommend … every 2 days during the conference"?
19:07:42 <DLange> we can always buy more
19:07:54 <DLange> they are available in every drug store
19:08:36 <arianit[m]> yeah
19:10:26 <tumbleweed> shall we finish up?
19:10:31 <tumbleweed> (I'm getting hungry)
19:10:37 <tzafrir> #topic Next meeting
19:10:42 <nattie> in person!
19:10:47 <DLange> yeah!
19:10:48 <tzafrir> Great
19:10:53 <tumbleweed> \o/
19:11:18 <tzafrir> #topic AoB
19:11:44 <tzafrir> Any?
19:11:48 <nattie> i would just like to wish everyone safe and pleasant travels :)
19:12:21 <arianit[m]> see you soon in Prizren
19:12:35 <tzafrir> #endmeeting