Started logging meeting in #debconf-video, times are UTC.
[16:27:13] <h01ger> #topic 0. agenda at
[16:27:15] <h01ger> remaining fosdem and debconf7 videos
[16:27:17] <h01ger> debconf8 planning
[16:27:19] <h01ger> team members planning to be at dc8
[16:27:24] <h01ger> hardware purchases
[16:27:26] <h01ger> donated/loaned hardware
[16:27:28] <h01ger> software
[16:27:30] <h01ger> any other business
[16:27:32] <h01ger> --
[16:27:34] <h01ger> anything to add?
[16:28:00] <h01ger> anything to add?
[16:28:09] <des> t-shirts
[16:28:10] <edrz> just next meeting time/date/
[16:28:46] <h01ger> done
[16:29:03] <h01ger> #topic 1. remaining fosdem and debconf7 videos
[16:29:21] <h01ger> any update on a video controller with access to the dc7 penta?
[16:29:49] <des> we need Ganneff to apply my patch and run the sql migration
[16:30:13] <edrz> any idea when Ganneff will be able to do that?
[16:30:36] <h01ger> Ganneff, ^^^ about dc7 videos.. we'd like to finish that "long" before dc8 starts...
[16:30:37] <Ganneff> this week, but not today. i just (today) had a big migration of an email server.
[16:30:40] <des> porting the importing scripts to the new schema (minor but ugly changes) is missing too, iiuc, I mentioned it to WombleToo already
[16:31:01] <h01ger> Ganneff, sounds great (the first two words :)
[16:31:10] <h01ger> next point?
[16:31:23] <Ganneff> des: keep pinging me, tomorrow *evening* and fr evening please.
[16:31:27] <des> yeap
[16:31:32] <des> Ganneff: ok
[16:31:49] <h01ger> thanx Ganneff
[16:31:59] <h01ger> #topic 2. debconf8 planning
[16:32:09] <h01ger> #topic 2.1 debconf8 planning - team members
[16:32:28] <h01ger>
[16:32:55] <h01ger> #action everbody should add him or herself at (either remote or local volunteers)
[16:33:22] <LarstiQ> what tasks are there for remote volunteers?
[16:33:45] <h01ger> LarstiQ, QA :)
[16:34:33] <dererk> h01ger, nice :)
[16:34:39] <h01ger> for the live streams and also for the recordings, i guess. we should have enough uplink so that you can download them remotly and the edit the data in penta
[16:35:03] <LarstiQ> cool, I can do that.
[16:35:18] <h01ger> great
[16:35:29] <h01ger> #topic 2.2 debconf8 planning - hardware purchases
[16:35:44] <edrz> i have 2 twinpacts now
[16:35:48] <h01ger>
[16:35:51] <h01ger> has all the info :)
[16:35:53] <edrz> purchased for -video
[16:35:59] <h01ger> xerakko bought a behringer mic
[16:36:30] <h01ger> and herman has this 75ft firewire cable (4 to 4 pins), it worked with windows. his linux laptop is broken, daven will test on the weekend (probably/afaik)
[16:37:50] <edrz> so, what else do we want to get in time for dc8?
[16:37:58] * h01ger does currently not really know if we will have 3 or 2 venues
[16:38:04] <h01ger> headphones we want
[16:38:14] <h01ger> 1 or 2 audio mixers (one 1622, see the wiki)
[16:38:26] <h01ger> another speaker mic, maybe 2 (if 3 venues)
[16:38:32] <h01ger> more long fw cables
[16:39:26] <daven> can we source microphone stands locally?
[16:39:40] <daven> they're fairly essential, but they're too bulky to transport easily
[16:39:41] <edrz> we'll have to, i think.
[16:40:09] <edrz> des, dererk ?
[16:40:27] <des> yes, we can
[16:40:43] <h01ger> for free or for money=
[16:40:44] <h01ger> ?
[16:40:50] <des> just be sure to include everything in a list somewere
[16:41:09] <h01ger>
[16:41:10] <des> h01ger: for money probably, although I could ask dererk's friend
[16:41:26] <h01ger> cause if we need money, that also needs to be in some list, somewhere ;)
[16:41:53] <des> h01ger: yes, I've seen that but amounts are missing for a lot of stuff (i.e. mic stands)
[16:42:17] <edrz> hmm. we'll need tapes, too, i suppose.
[16:42:55] <h01ger> yes
[16:43:14] <h01ger> hmmm... only lists two dvswitch machines, so we can only do two venues atm
[16:43:21] <h01ger> or we need another dvsiwtch machine
[16:43:49] <des> Yes
[16:43:49] <edrz> there doesn't seem to be a dedicated bof room, so we may not be able to cover any of those.
[16:43:56] <dererk> h01ger, sincerely, I don't see the point of streaming the spare room or so, but well, it's just me :P
[16:44:17] <des> bofs look very difficut to cover this year, yes
[16:44:27] * h01ger thinks thats a pity
[16:44:28] <edrz> dererk: last year it was useful for some discussions where certain key people were not able to attend in person
[16:44:36] <h01ger> absoultly was edrz said
[16:44:46] <edrz> dererk: and could follow the streams + join in via irc.
[16:44:49] <des> but we might schedule the ones ppl are interested in the venues with video setup in any case
[16:44:58] <h01ger> even if the AV quality is not so good as in the main rooms, it was _pretty_ useful for development
[16:45:25] <h01ger> and now, less people come to .ar, so streams are even more important
[16:45:40] <des> I know, in fact, I tried to cover as many as I could
[16:45:50] * edrz remembers des doing so. :)
[16:45:52] <h01ger> but anyway, thats not hardware purchases anymore and i would really like to finish the meeting in 15 min (!)
[16:45:59] <edrz> sure
[16:46:07] <dererk> edrz, good point
[16:46:12] <h01ger> so the plan is, try to get a 3rd dvswitch machine and setup 3 venues
[16:46:18] <des> But I think we can handle that by scheduling them in the conference rooms and have a fuller schedule for those rooms
[16:46:59] <dererk> des, ^
[16:47:30] <h01ger> des, sounds good. i'd like to try that and the 3 venue setup ;)
[16:48:04] * h01ger will go over after the meeting and suggests next point now. agreed?
[16:48:26] <edrz> 3rd set of gear would be nice to have in case of any failures, too, of course, in the case of only covering 2 rooms.
[16:48:27] <des> Ok, is just that I don't see any room being any good for bofs, but I'll talk with localteam and see what others think
[16:48:31] <edrz> but, yes, next point now.
[16:48:44] <des> ok
[16:49:00] <h01ger> though, dererk your good news fits here
[16:49:13] <des> Ah, yes
[16:49:19] <h01ger> des, thanks for discussing this with localteam. remind them that 800 DDs will not be at dc8 :)
[16:49:19] <dererk> Ok, in fact it's des has them :)
[16:49:27] <des> I've talked with dererk's friend today
[16:49:37] <des> h01ger: sure
[16:49:56] <des> The cameras are the model we thought they were
[16:50:03] <des> (I don't recall exactly now)
[16:50:14] <h01ger> hehe
[16:50:20] <h01ger> how many?
[16:50:25] <h01ger> sony something, right?
[16:50:27] <des> He asked sponsored acomodation for him and an assistat
[16:50:44] <des> h01ger: panasonic M?-??9000
[16:50:51] <dererk> Mv9000 I think
[16:51:03] <des> He confirmed 3 of those
[16:51:12] <dererk> MD 9000
[16:51:13] <h01ger> pal
[16:51:17] <dererk> yes, pal
[16:51:27] <edrz> Panasonic NV-MD9000
[16:51:27] <des> and we'll talk about what else he can get
[16:51:32] <h01ger> with line in, right? xlr or small-audio?
[16:51:40] <des> He also have tripod for those 3 cameras
[16:51:45] <h01ger> nice!!
[16:51:49] * h01ger updates
[16:51:52] <des> I asked him for cables for those cameras too
[16:52:03] <h01ger> whats the name of your friend?
[16:52:07] <des> And for some radio mics if he can get them
[16:52:21] <dererk> the problem is that he told me at first he had 4 cameras available
[16:52:24] <edrz> great. so he brings an assistant as well?
[16:52:27] <des> Enzo Fiorencis
[16:52:29] <dererk> but now he told des he had 3 only
[16:53:01] <dererk> edrz, he told des to
[16:53:13] <edrz> ok. well, we can find a fourth camera somewhere, probably.
[16:53:13] <des> I asked him about the dates, he said that debcamp availability probably won't be a problem
[16:53:29] <h01ger> and from sat 2nd until 16th of august?
[16:53:32] <h01ger> hh
[16:53:32] <des> We still need to talk and arrange details, but everything seems fine?
[16:53:33] <h01ger> ah
[16:53:35] <des> s/?//
[16:53:36] <h01ger> good
[16:54:24] <dererk> h01ger, marga asked if getting them is worth than allocating 2 ppl
[16:54:27] <dererk> h01ger, does it?
[16:54:39] <des> I talked to her
[16:54:41] <dererk> s/them/them borrowed/
[16:54:55] <des> And we made some numbers and we think it is
[16:55:02] * h01ger thinks so. having three same cameras and tripods is really useful
[16:55:13] <h01ger> do they have audio line in? which kind?
[16:55:19] <dererk> Ok, I just forwarded his question :)
[16:55:23] <h01ger> dererk, thanks
[16:55:30] <dererk> h01ger, I remember him telling that, yes
[16:55:32] <des> yes, I don't know which kind though
[16:55:34] <dererk> (line in)
[16:55:35] <edrz> h01ger: they look to have 2 channels xlr input.
[16:55:38] <h01ger> #topic 2.4 debconf8 planning - software
[16:55:39] <des> but the specs are on the web
[16:56:20] <h01ger> dererk, des: great, so lets assume they have 2 xlr inputs and it would be nice if you could confirm by asking, but then, these models should be specific and unique :)
[16:56:40] * h01ger suggests to move the software topic to next week when Womble2 is hopefully there...
[16:56:42] <h01ger> agreed?
[16:56:48] <des> h01ger++
[16:56:57] <edrz> yup.
[16:57:05] <h01ger> #topic 2.4 debconf8 planning - thirts
[16:57:18] <des> I've talked with the localteam and...
[16:57:19] <h01ger> #agreed move the software topic to next week when Womble2 is hopefully there...
[16:57:51] <des> we get same desing, different t-shirt color and s/volunteer/video team/
[16:57:58] <h01ger> cool
[16:58:02] <h01ger> des, thanks!
[16:58:09] <edrz> \o/
[16:58:09] <h01ger> until when do we say how many?
[16:58:27] <des> I asked for 20, I think it'll be enough
[16:58:48] <h01ger> everybody: please add your tshirtsizes to too :)
[16:58:51] <des> the only thing is that ppl shoudn't get a volunteer AND a video team t-shirt
[16:59:02] <des> Or we'll run out of t-shirts
[16:59:05] <h01ger> des, great, estupendo! muchas gracias!
[16:59:17] <h01ger> des, yup
[16:59:17] <des> so they get yo chose, v-t or volunteer
[16:59:18] <edrz> h01ger: shirt size is in penta, isn't it?
[16:59:30] <h01ger> right
[16:59:40] <h01ger> so ignore me, please :)
[16:59:44] <dererk> heh
[16:59:49] <h01ger> #topic 3. any other business
[17:00:30] <dererk> not any? :)
[17:00:34] <h01ger> #topic 4. next meeting, when?
[17:00:37] <edrz> there are some diagrams of the space available:
[17:00:56] * h01ger suggests later, so Womble2 can participate. WombleToo seems to be busy at this time :)
[17:01:30] <edrz> yes, later would be better. it's also too early for karora
[17:01:40] <h01ger> microzine is the 2nd talk room?
[17:01:56] <edrz> h01ger: yes
[17:02:02] <dererk> Yes and its microcine :D
[17:02:03] <h01ger> edrz, are the more diagrams?
[17:02:09] <dererk> cine == cinema :)
[17:02:19] * h01ger no puede leer
[17:02:22] <h01ger> +s
[17:02:24] <dererk> but, hey, 'microzine' rulz
[17:02:24] <edrz>
[17:02:27] <h01ger> ah
[17:02:39] <h01ger> each map on another server? ;)
[17:02:44] <edrz> that second is the hacklab/dining area floor
[17:02:44] <dererk> heh
[17:03:01] <edrz> h01ger: don't look at me, des gave me these URLs
[17:03:21] <h01ger> great that we have them!
[17:03:31] <edrz> yup
[17:03:43] <h01ger> 18 utc or what time is better? 19?
[17:04:11] <edrz> this will be 2 July?
[17:04:51] <edrz> i guess we really need to know from WombleToo Womble2
[17:05:07] <h01ger> yeah
[17:05:14] <h01ger> so lets discuss this on the list
[17:05:30] <h01ger> edrz, can you send a mail about this, please?
[17:05:35] <h01ger> or someone else :)
[17:05:39] <edrz> ok.
[17:05:54] <h01ger> thank you, edrz
[17:06:08] <h01ger> #topic meeting is over, yay
[17:06:14] <des> yeah, there are better versions than those though (including .svg's)
[17:06:20] <h01ger> thank you all!
[17:06:27] <des> that's all
[17:06:30] <h01ger> des, do you know where?
[17:06:34] <edrz> des: are they available?
[17:06:54] <des> I think they are, but I don't have the urls handy, I'll look and mention it here
[17:07:08] <h01ger> cheerio
[17:07:15] <h01ger> #endmeeting

Meeting ended.

Information on meetbot is available at