18:00:13 <pollo> #startmeeting
18:00:13 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Nov  9 18:00:13 2017 UTC.  The chair is pollo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:00:13 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:22 <pollo> #topic Roll Call
18:00:28 <wouter> o/
18:00:30 <pollo> please say hello if you are here for the meeting!
18:00:48 <pollo> in the meantime, please review the proposed agenda: http://deb.li/8eyj
18:00:49 <olasd> hello if you are here for the meeting!
18:01:05 <wouter> olasd: booh :P
18:01:08 <olasd> (it's been a while since the last time this joke was made)
18:01:08 <pollo> I'm getting rusting it seems, I'm forgetting my meetbot commands :D
18:02:17 <highvoltage> moo
18:02:39 <olasd> well this is going to be a short meeting
18:02:41 <pollo> let's wait until 05 to actually start
18:03:01 <pollo> maybe tumbleweed, ivodd and the other will join?
18:03:10 <wouter> "the other"?
18:03:15 <pollo> s/other/others/
18:03:20 <wouter> ;-P
18:03:34 <pollo> that random person who's been hanging around, you know
18:04:56 <pollo> #topic Confirming people's arrival time
18:05:07 <olasd> I'll be arriving monday end of day
18:05:09 <tumbleweed> o/
18:05:11 <olasd> like, eeeeeeeend of day
18:05:18 <olasd> (driving from Toulouse)
18:05:25 <wouter> won't be there, unfortunately
18:05:31 <wouter> trying to update the wiki, but can't remember my password
18:05:42 <olasd> I've found someone to share the wheel up to Paris so it's going to be fine
18:05:56 <pollo> my plane lands in London at 7:30 am, so I'll be at the AirBnB for 15:00
18:06:03 <tumbleweed> I'm arriving midday sunday
18:06:55 <pollo> tumbleweed: do you know when ivodd arrives sunday?
18:07:16 <olasd> in the evening I believe
18:07:42 <pollo> ok, so I guess I'll be the first one there
18:07:48 <pollo> anything to add on this topic?
18:08:08 <pollo> #topic Last check on Hardware List
18:08:37 <pollo> Can we please have a last look at the HW list:  https://wiki.debian.org/Sprints/2017/DebConfVideoteamSprint20Nov2017#Hardware_list ?
18:09:44 <pollo> does anyone see anything we are missing for a full room setup?
18:09:48 <olasd> our audio kit isn't backup, it's what we have to use if we want audio
18:09:54 <pollo> yeah, true
18:10:25 <pollo> I wrote that before sledge got back to me
18:10:29 <olasd> we made a bag of "cables that we need for the cambridge minidebconf" last sprint, so we should be fine
18:11:38 <pollo> #topic Review of team's agenda for the sprint
18:11:53 <olasd> I've expanded my agenda on the wiki, I think I have enough on my plate for the week
18:12:12 <pollo> yeah, looks good. I'll try to flesh my part out a little bit today
18:12:49 <tumbleweed> I will look at my bit too
18:13:24 <pollo> #topic AoB
18:13:41 <wouter> if anyone cares, I hope to have SReview in the archive by sometime next week
18:13:43 <highvoltage> how will remote participation work?
18:13:46 <olasd> I'll talk to DSA to see whether there's stuff we need to setup beforehand; the two things on my mind are "where would the streaming setup scripts live?" which is probably vittoria, and "can DSA provide a way to get the private and public key for a letsencrypt certificate so we can push it to the streaming network using ansible"
18:13:54 <highvoltage> just join this channel and wait for a video stream link and join in?
18:14:00 <wouter> if that works out well, should allow people to use it for miniconfs without talking to us much
18:14:18 <pollo> highvoltage: for the sprint or the mini-conf?
18:14:43 <highvoltage> pollo: for the sprint
18:14:46 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: what do you want to sprint on?
18:15:49 <pollo> highvoltage: I can bring a USB webcam and we can try to use https://meet.jit.si/
18:16:16 <pollo> we won't have cameras working before tuesday at best
18:16:25 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: I was thinking on doing some desktop session packaging that I started looking at at DebConf but got sidetracked 999 different ways
18:16:29 <highvoltage> pollo: cool
18:16:44 <olasd> pollo: I might bring the room setup to Toulouse to record the minidebconf there
18:16:45 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: so... possibly simplifying puppet a bit
18:16:56 <nattie> (sorry, back among the living now)
18:16:56 <pollo> puppet?
18:16:57 <wouter> highvoltage: er, you mean ansible? we don't use puppet :)
18:16:58 <olasd> (probably not :P)
18:17:07 <highvoltage> woops, yes I mean ansible
18:17:22 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: hack on a branch in the side, and chat with us on IRC?
18:17:29 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: righto
18:17:32 <pollo> highvoltage: can you add your agenda to the team's agenda on the wiki?
18:17:37 <tumbleweed> or straight to master if you can test that stuff
18:17:37 <highvoltage> can do
18:17:46 <highvoltage> will do in branch
18:18:19 <pollo> anything else to add?
18:19:05 <pollo> oh, yeah I had a question
18:19:35 <pollo> do we want to use the debian wiki for our documentation, or do we want that in git + a website?
18:19:43 <pollo> having a landing page like https://c3voc.de/ would be nice :D
18:20:00 <tumbleweed> we totally can
18:20:01 <wouter> we can do both, I think?
18:20:08 <nattie> i think a git+website would be best
18:20:12 <pollo> wouter: can you import MD in moinmoin?
18:20:16 <nattie> but that's just my opinion
18:20:16 <tumbleweed> git+website has the advantage of review
18:20:23 <wouter> pollo: no, but I don't mean that
18:20:39 <wouter> we can use the wiki for quick-and-dirty stuff, and the website for more formal things
18:20:43 <wouter> is what I meant
18:20:55 <olasd> the other way around is easier: exporting from the wiki to website
18:20:56 <pollo> that means the wiki will lag behing
18:21:12 <wouter> pollo: only if you want them to contain the same information. I'm not suggesting we do that
18:21:27 <olasd> but, yes, having the same info in two places is a bad idea
18:21:30 <wouter> I'm suggesting that some sort of stuff will go on a website with documentation, and some other sort of stuff will go on the wiki
18:21:51 <pollo> hmm, ok, we'll talk about some more during the sprint ;D
18:22:05 <wouter> with the decision of "where does this go" being based on "is it something that is likely to be needed for a long time" => website, "is it something that is likely to be needing a lot of changes" => wiki
18:22:09 <wouter> etc
18:22:28 <olasd> sounds like a sensible split
18:23:02 <pollo> heh, yeah, we don't need to keep 2017 cambridge sprint prep on a website
18:23:09 <wouter> right, exactly
18:23:26 <wouter> and we don't need docs that say "how do we do things during *this* debconf" on a website either
18:23:44 <wouter> but stuff like "how do we generally do XYZ" could be a good candidate
18:24:08 <pollo> #endmeeting