18:00:35 <tumbleweed> #startmeeting DebConf video team meeting
18:00:35 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Aug 27 18:00:35 2019 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:00:35 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:49 <tumbleweed> #link http://deb.li/oNCD
18:00:50 <tumbleweed> agenda
18:00:54 <tumbleweed> #topic roll call
18:00:58 <tumbleweed> o/
18:00:59 <tobi> \o
18:01:10 * RattusRattus raises hand "Here!"
18:01:12 <ivodd> hi
18:01:15 <urbec> hi
18:01:18 <phls> hi
18:01:29 <gio> Hello!
18:01:52 <tumbleweed> hrm, wouter isn't around :(
18:01:57 <tumbleweed> first agenda item was aimed at him
18:02:12 <tumbleweed> #topic DebConf19 video. Are we done yet?
18:02:14 * h01ger waves
18:02:17 <tumbleweed> anyone know anything more than I do here?
18:02:28 <ivodd> I think wouter mentioned that there are some videos waiting for review
18:02:44 <ivodd> https://sreview.debian.net/overview seems to agree
18:02:47 <RattusRattus> ^^ urbec can you take that as an action?
18:03:14 <urbec> yes
18:03:17 <tumbleweed> #action urbec to review outstanding videos
18:03:21 <tumbleweed> thanks!
18:03:22 <RattusRattus> thank you
18:03:41 <tumbleweed> #topic next hardware purchases
18:03:48 <tumbleweed> I started a discussion in https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-video-team/docs/issues/10
18:04:31 <tumbleweed> there's no urgency here (unless the next agenda item needs something)
18:04:58 <olasd> (hi)
18:04:58 <tumbleweed> should we make the action here for people to review and discuss? or have a quick discussion now?
18:05:05 <tumbleweed> or wait until there's a lot more and ask for budget later
18:05:25 <ivodd> if you know what needs to be bought, I don't think we need to wait
18:05:35 <ivodd> if we need more later, we can buy that then
18:05:37 <RattusRattus> well road map of what we want toc achive / goals perhapos would be better first?
18:05:43 <tumbleweed> so, some VGA convertors that work are probably a good idea
18:05:48 <tumbleweed> and we know we need omni mics
18:05:51 <tumbleweed> those are the list right now
18:05:55 <ivodd> this ticket was only about the VGA stuff
18:06:09 <RattusRattus> are we covering full sound for 1 room 1st or roll out for 3?
18:06:16 <tumbleweed> carl also suggested some jacks for cases
18:06:40 <tumbleweed> RattusRattus: generally omnis seem to be hard to hire, so I think we'd find more useful with or without 3 rooms of complete equipment
18:06:41 <RattusRattus> if we are not flight casing kit do we want to be buying heavy kit right now (i.e. cable snakes and 2 more sound desks)
18:07:20 <tumbleweed> hrm, we're probably talkin gcross-purposes a bit
18:07:27 <ivodd> yeah
18:07:28 <RattusRattus> yes omnis would be good as too would shotgun mics (for goldfish bowl)
18:07:29 <tumbleweed> I'm talking specifically about what's in that ticket
18:07:55 <tumbleweed> should we spec out more of what we need for the goldfish bowl before we move this forward, then?
18:08:05 <RattusRattus> right - I held off adding to the list before we descussed direction of travel
18:08:13 <ivodd> let's talk about the issues separately
18:08:29 <ivodd> about the vga scaler/convertor: if you know what needs to be bought, just buy it
18:08:52 <ivodd> about the omni's: I'm assuming you want the same type we already have? in that case: also, just buy it
18:08:57 <RattusRattus> ok do we care about VGA?  I thaught we (me) were going to update docs explicitly dropping VGA support
18:09:14 <ivodd> about a flight case and stuff, that probably needs a plan instead of just buying random bits
18:09:45 <gio> How many people are still asking for VGA support?
18:09:51 <ivodd> RattusRattus: AIUI, with these convertors, vga would 'just work', and they're not that expensive
18:09:54 <tumbleweed> if we want VGA that works, we know what we need to buy. We should just do it
18:09:54 <RattusRattus> hang fire a moment ivodd.  BST < ivodd> let's talk about the issues separately
18:10:02 <olasd> gio: enough that it was an annoyance at DebConf
18:10:15 <olasd> f.e. the people who use coreboot/libreboot only have VGA
18:10:18 <tumbleweed> those pesky x200 users
18:10:34 <RattusRattus> right so #1 we do still care about VGA
18:10:38 <gio> So maybe it would be sensible to keep supporting.
18:11:03 <tumbleweed> let's say they cost $60 each. x3 ?
18:11:04 <gio> And my experience is too that VGA-to-HDMI thing are pretty cheap and easy to use.
18:11:31 <RattusRattus> ^^ but not the VGA converters we currently use as input to opsis
18:11:32 <gio> Oh no, sorry, I use the other one. Ignore me.
18:11:39 <olasd> gio: random VGA to HDMI things don't work in our setup
18:11:44 <tumbleweed> our experience is that 95% of those suck. But we know some that work, and I'm proposing buying them
18:11:57 <RattusRattus> secoded
18:12:06 <tumbleweed> OK second subtopic: omnis
18:12:23 <tumbleweed> we currently have 4. 6 would be useful for debconfs, as they stand
18:12:23 <olasd> three sounds like a waste, but then again if we only get one we'll need more at once and it's going to be annoying
18:12:46 <tumbleweed> olasd: yeah, I'm similarly unsure about that
18:13:02 <RattusRattus> 3 vga converters or are we now onto mics?
18:13:04 <tumbleweed> but having to not depend on people to coordinate them in advance is nice
18:13:16 <tumbleweed> we're still on vga :P
18:13:29 <olasd> yeah, yeah, let's just go with three.
18:13:30 <CarlFK> if there is a box to mount them in, you should mount them, and thus you need 3
18:13:50 <paddatrapper> How did I miss the start when I sent out the email...
18:14:07 <tumbleweed> CarlFK: please let's not bring up boxes as part of this
18:14:16 <tumbleweed> we're trying to make decisions
18:14:27 <olasd> omnis : yes. next?
18:14:39 <tumbleweed> carl was suggesting some things for boxes
18:14:52 <tumbleweed> but that starts to feel outside the immediately actionable scope
18:15:01 <ivodd> I don't think buying 'things for boxes' is useful without a plan
18:15:06 <tumbleweed> unless somebody wants samples of the things he was suggesting, for playing with at the next sprint
18:16:04 <RattusRattus> well the 12V connectors are easiy enough to get hold of.  but I agree we should have a suitable PSU for them as well
18:16:05 <CarlFK> sorry - I kinda thought boxes were a given
18:17:48 <tumbleweed> shall we move on?
18:18:00 <tumbleweed> (it doesn't feel like this is moving anywhere)
18:18:33 <olasd> yes
18:18:36 <tumbleweed> #topic Vaumarcus mini-debconf
18:18:40 <tumbleweed> anyone thinking of going?
18:18:43 <olasd> yes, I am
18:18:47 <jathan> I am going.
18:18:48 <tobi> \o
18:18:52 <tumbleweed> olasd: gonna take equipment?
18:19:13 <olasd> I at least booked a car hire for that purpose
18:19:25 <RattusRattus> I have been looking at travel for me.
18:19:35 <urbec> also going
18:19:52 <tumbleweed> olasd: is there any technical discussion we need to have about it? Can you lead that?
18:20:01 <RattusRattus> olasd: ok - I was considering driving / vai paris
18:20:07 <RattusRattus> via even
18:21:03 <tumbleweed> urgh I missed some actions
18:21:11 <tumbleweed> #action tumbleweed to buy 3x exatron VGA convertors
18:21:18 <tumbleweed> #action tumbleweed to buy 2 more omnis
18:21:26 <olasd> RattusRattus: if you can confirm that works out, I can cancel the booking and we can go together
18:21:27 <tumbleweed> or maybe olasd for the omnis?
18:21:39 <ivodd> orga is planning to have the talks in the ground floor of this building: https://www.lecamp.ch/en/infrastructure/infos/rotonde
18:21:50 <ivodd> the soom was the second talkroom at debconf13
18:21:53 <ivodd> room
18:22:36 <ivodd> it's currently unclear when the room will be available and when there will be talks
18:23:00 <RattusRattus> olasd: I think ferry / fuel would come to around £420 (but that would get both olasd and me there and back)
18:23:01 <olasd> tumbleweed: I can have the budget discussion how to get the hardware there with the miniconf orga, and make sure we have time for setup / teardown
18:23:02 <ivodd> (they know we will need time for setup, so talks can't start immediately when we get the room)
18:23:31 <tumbleweed> #action olasd to coordinate vaumarcus mini-debconf budget
18:23:43 <ivodd> olasd: can you also coordinate network needs?
18:23:48 <olasd> right, yes
18:23:50 <tumbleweed> #action olasd to coordinate vaumarcus with mini-debconf orga
18:24:07 <RattusRattus> olasd: can we chat imeadiatly after this meeting to see if we can sort a mutually suitable travel setup?
18:24:13 <olasd> RattusRattus: yes
18:24:16 <RattusRattus> ty
18:24:49 <RattusRattus> but IIRC we need one talk room of kit only?
18:24:51 <tumbleweed> I assume we'll need dc19 videos done first
18:24:56 <tumbleweed> and get wouter to import their schedule
18:24:57 <olasd> RattusRattus: yeah
18:25:16 <olasd> RattusRattus: your budget estimate also needs to account for French tolls and Swiss vignette
18:25:23 <tumbleweed> it sounds like we'll have a nice big local team
18:25:41 <RattusRattus> ack
18:25:51 <ivodd> you mean local video team?
18:25:52 <olasd> (from Paris when I looked it was around 150 EUR overall)
18:25:55 <tumbleweed> ivodd: yepah
18:26:26 <RattusRattus> olasd: that is much cheeper than I can do it for - but I could always eurostart to paris and travel with you
18:27:04 <olasd> anyway we can sort specifics after the meeting
18:27:48 <tumbleweed> are we done?
18:28:05 <RattusRattus> ack
18:28:12 <tumbleweed> #info olasd, jathan, tobi, RattusRattus are all intending to attend as local video team
18:28:17 <tumbleweed> #topic Any Other Business
18:28:27 <tumbleweed> Happy with this meeting slot?
18:28:33 <tobi> tumbleweed: urbec as well...
18:28:34 <tumbleweed> Shall we make it monthly, on the last tuesday?
18:28:41 <tumbleweed> #undo
18:28:41 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Topic object at 0x140ce90>
18:28:43 <tumbleweed> #undo
18:28:43 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x140c9d0>
18:28:44 <RattusRattus> sounds good to me
18:28:47 <olasd> works for me
18:28:52 <tumbleweed> #info urbec, olasd, jathan, tobi, RattusRattus are all intending to attend as local video team
18:28:57 <tumbleweed> #topic time slot
18:29:17 <tumbleweed> #agreed we'll keep this meeting timeslot. Last tuesday of the month, 18:00 UTC
18:29:19 <paddatrapper> works for me
18:29:27 <RattusRattus> yes monthly / last tuesday / 1800 utc sounds good
18:29:32 <tobi>18:29:46 <jathan> Ok
18:29:48 <tumbleweed> urgh, google calendar doesn't do last tuesday
18:29:54 <tumbleweed> only 4th tuesday
18:29:57 <phls> ok
18:30:06 <RattusRattus> I should know by then if miniconf cambridge is happening in November...
18:30:52 <RattusRattus> AOB....   phls: did you get everything you needed for video budget close?
18:31:01 <phls> RattusRattus, no
18:31:08 <tumbleweed> #undo
18:31:08 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Agreed object at 0x15505d0>
18:31:11 <tumbleweed> #agreed we'll keep this meeting timeslot. 4th tuesday of the month, 18:00 UTC
18:31:11 <phls> I haven't the values for each
18:31:17 <phls> each of you
18:31:52 <tumbleweed> who needs actions here?
18:31:59 <phls> Kyle sent: Flights were covered for Andy and I only. My ticket was 16 670.09 ZAR
18:32:00 <phls> (~1089.49 USD), but I can't remember how much Andy requested. Both these
18:32:00 <phls> amounts were reimbursed by SPI.
18:32:06 * RattusRattus £1000 GBP  (already paid)
18:32:23 <phls> ok, thanks
18:32:37 <phls> so, just RattusRattus and Kyle used the budget?
18:32:44 <olasd> no
18:33:11 <olasd> hardware shipping expenses were (apparently) in this budget line as well
18:33:28 <phls> i think ok
18:33:29 <olasd> I've not submitted for reimbursement of the return costs yet
18:33:31 <phls> think so
18:34:00 <phls> olasd, do you send me when you have it?
18:34:10 <olasd> I will, yes
18:34:51 <tumbleweed> any other business?
18:35:03 <phls> thanks
18:35:05 <tumbleweed> phls: please let us know if you still need anything
18:35:25 <phls> ok
18:36:09 <jathan> olasd: So will you communicate with MiniDebConf Vaumarcus Local Team to coordinate Video Team needs?
18:36:46 <olasd> yes :)
18:36:58 <jathan> Perfect, thank you :)
18:37:03 <tumbleweed> sounds like the meeting is over
18:37:12 <tumbleweed> ahead of schedule!
18:37:20 <tumbleweed> #endmeeting