17:59:51 <tumbleweed> #startmeeting Weekly Video Team Meeting
17:59:51 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Aug 20 17:59:51 2020 UTC.  The chair is tumbleweed. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:51 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:00:02 <tumbleweed> #link http://deb.li/oNCD Agenda
18:00:05 <tumbleweed> #topic roll call
18:00:09 <nattie> hollah
18:00:15 <paddatrapper> o/
18:00:16 <olasd> ohai
18:00:24 <tumbleweed> So. This is it. The last meeting before we're too busy for meetings
18:00:26 <terceiro> hey
18:00:26 * pollo waves
18:00:41 * wouter waves, too
18:01:15 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Jibri (passwords)
18:01:17 <tumbleweed> nothnig happening there
18:01:24 <pollo> it's been done?
18:01:27 <tumbleweed> nope
18:01:32 <paddatrapper> Yes it is
18:01:35 <tumbleweed> oh, right, stream passwords were done, yes
18:01:41 <tumbleweed> password support; nothing happening there
18:01:56 <tumbleweed> unclear agendas++ (especially when I wrote them)
18:02:02 <paddatrapper> password support for rooms - no
18:02:07 <highvoltage> o/
18:02:17 <tumbleweed> #info Streaming is now password protected
18:02:19 <sicelo> o/
18:02:21 <tumbleweed> paddatrapper: I assume you've tested it?
18:02:25 <paddatrapper> tumbleweed:yup
18:02:39 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Voctoweb
18:03:14 <tumbleweed> Still to do: group auth, notification of what other people are doing, some layout presets
18:03:25 <tumbleweed> at least, those are things I think are somewhat important, and time is getting tight
18:03:43 <tumbleweed> added VU meters to the previews. I'm not very happy with them, but they seem better than nothing
18:04:24 * pollo checks something,please don't change topic
18:04:25 <tumbleweed> oh, and I wanted to do playback improvements
18:04:38 <tumbleweed> seeking, playing from an offset
18:04:46 <tumbleweed> and interpreting wouter's metadata exports
18:04:51 <pollo> yes, that's what I was looking at
18:04:59 <pollo> imo seeking is the #1 priority
18:05:05 <tumbleweed> it may be hard, though
18:05:08 <wouter> tumbleweed: ah yes, have you been able to look at those?
18:05:10 <tumbleweed> but I'll give it a try
18:05:11 <tumbleweed> wouter: nope
18:05:24 <pollo> if you don't have time, what would be nice is the ability to pause and restart at the same time
18:05:29 <wouter> tumbleweed: the metadata export should be deployed currently, but I haven't tested them yet
18:05:32 <pollo> s/time/ place in the video/
18:05:36 <tumbleweed> pollo: I think that's the same problem
18:05:41 <pollo> hmm
18:05:57 <pollo> I'm 100% we're going to have problems with that
18:06:08 <wouter> "/event/2/bystate/preview" should work
18:06:18 <wouter> sorry
18:06:27 <pollo> if we can't get seeking, we need a fallback
18:06:29 <wouter> https://review.online.debconf.org/api/v1/event/2/bystate/preview
18:07:17 <wouter> except it needs an API key which isn't configured. I guess I can drop that for the time being.
18:07:24 <pollo> tumbleweed: what could also be done is to remove the stop button
18:07:49 <pollo> so you can start it, play another file if needed, but once it's playing you can't accidentally stop it
18:08:18 <tumbleweed> yeah, I wanted to put stop behind an Are you Sure modal
18:08:27 <CarlFK> yeah - I am wondering if there is a need for pause
18:08:30 <wouter> tumbleweed: I was just about to suggest that :)
18:08:50 <wouter> I can't think of any reason to abort a playback, other than "oops, didn't want to do that"
18:08:55 <tumbleweed> pollo: I can imagine a fallback with ffmpeg, if nothing else
18:09:18 <pollo> s/ffmpeg/ingest ?
18:09:56 <pollo> ah, no we'll get the same problems with ingest
18:10:28 <tumbleweed> no, I meant ffmpeg
18:10:36 <pollo> I'd be happy with a stupid script you'd call like "playback_fallback.sh video.mp4 00:02:23"
18:10:46 <CarlFK> I'll bet you can pass in a start parameter, and if you type that in from the UI, you can guess at the number of seconds needed
18:10:50 <tumbleweed> anyway, out of the things I described
18:10:55 <olasd> I can have a look at the non-playback voctoweb stuff
18:10:55 <tumbleweed> that seems like the priority, right?
18:11:02 <olasd> tonight
18:11:08 <pollo> \0/
18:11:32 <tumbleweed> olasd: what sort of things are you thinking?
18:11:33 <CarlFK> I would say picking a video to play is higher than pause/skip
18:11:36 <olasd> unless I owe you something more urgent (but I guess we'll find out during the rest of the meeting)
18:11:39 <tumbleweed> CarlFK: we have that
18:11:50 <pollo> #action pollo to write a ffmpeg wrapper for video fallback
18:11:51 <CarlFK> oh.  never mind.
18:11:52 <olasd> tumbleweed: the layout presets and notifications? I guess
18:12:03 <tumbleweed> olasd: great :)
18:12:08 <tumbleweed> contributions welcomed
18:12:10 <olasd> well, any of the pending stuff really
18:12:15 <tumbleweed> and I'll happily work with anyone to get them set up for local dev
18:12:41 <olasd> we can look at that post-meeting, yeah
18:13:02 <wouter> I'd say I'd help out too, except that I have enough on my plate as is :)
18:13:02 <tumbleweed> OK, my priority will be seeking
18:13:09 <tumbleweed> let's move on
18:13:18 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Loop Generation
18:13:30 <wouter> I think highvoltage said he'd made some progress?
18:13:33 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: I see you have a prototype loop
18:13:44 <highvoltage> o yeah finally some progress
18:13:56 <highvoltage> new test loop as of a few hours ago: https://peertube.debian.social/videos/watch/3841db68-7344-4134-b7d2-ed4d9a23b1bf
18:13:56 <pollo> can you explain a little bit how it works?
18:14:05 <pollo> say I have to change something, what do I do?
18:14:13 <highvoltage> since then I also added some dc17, dc18 clips
18:14:42 <highvoltage> pollo: right now you can't, since I can't access vnc on obs1 for some reason. was troubleshooting before the meeting started and will continue after
18:14:51 <highvoltage> but... let me talk a little about that anyway
18:15:23 <highvoltage> there's a sponsor loop scene in obs, that automatically progresses to a "happening now" scene
18:16:20 <highvoltage> whenever we land on "happening now" for whatever reason, it starts to play one of the videos in the random pool (which contains the shoutouts, memories from previous debconfs, did-you-know slides, and whatever else we might want to display periodically
18:16:24 <highvoltage> )
18:16:41 <highvoltage> so, if you'd need to modify something, you'd need to vnc in to obs1
18:17:18 <highvoltage> the tool that manages the auto slide changes is called Advanced Scene Switcher, it's a 3rd party tool
18:17:42 <highvoltage> the plugin that displays the web content is called something like "Linux browser plugin"
18:18:04 <highvoltage> I'll write up a bit more about both, a bit longer term I'd like to replace the scene changing logic with a shell script
18:18:16 <tumbleweed> so... Have we figured out how we're getting it into voctomix, yet?
18:18:18 <highvoltage> that's it in a nutshell for now, we can delve into a it a bit later on
18:18:25 <olasd> sounds like something we'll want to keep for further confs too
18:18:27 <wouter> looks really nice though, I like it :)
18:18:31 <wouter> yeah, agreed
18:18:46 <pollo> obs needing a GPU is a bummer though
18:18:56 <wouter> but the "get it into voctomix" bit is kinda important, how do you see that happening?
18:18:57 <tumbleweed> it doesn't actually
18:19:07 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: I checked OBS, it is possible to set the raw matroska and a custom uri to pipe it too, so it might just work, it's one of the first things I'll get in to once I can actually get access to obs1
18:19:07 <tumbleweed> it works without the GPU, if you have a honking great CPU
18:19:52 <tumbleweed> ah, so that was mocked up at home
18:19:57 <highvoltage> also, I'm going to take that sponsors clip and make an old fasioned kind of sponors loop from it just in case all of this doesn't end up working out
18:20:11 <highvoltage> or well, ends up not working in time, which maybe slightly more likely
18:20:29 <olasd> in the worstest case, we can stream the loop to an rtmp endpoint and inject that back into vocto with ffmpeg or gst
18:20:31 <wouter> yeah, backup plans might help
18:20:37 <tumbleweed> olasd: yeah
18:20:40 <highvoltage> although I think by tomorrow the kinks can be sorted out which leaves a little time for a little testing but it's all very tight
18:20:51 <pollo> highvoltage: if you don't get tigervnc working, remote-viewer vnc://obs1.online.debconf.org:5900 should "just work"
18:21:07 <pollo> as it downgrades to no verifying the TLS cert by default
18:21:30 <highvoltage> pollo: it prompts for a password which I don't have
18:21:38 <tumbleweed> they will all do that :)
18:21:46 <tumbleweed> didn't I give you the password?
18:21:50 <highvoltage> nope
18:21:57 <tumbleweed> I remember giving it to you on matrix
18:22:04 <highvoltage> ah that rings a bell
18:22:15 <olasd> I remember you both saying the password was OTR encrypted on matrix
18:22:18 <olasd> too
18:22:41 <highvoltage> that's probably just what I was missing for tigervnc too then. ok I think we can move on from that for now
18:22:56 <tumbleweed> heh
18:23:16 <tumbleweed> So, what are we going to do with the loop
18:23:19 <olasd> at least that sounds like an easy fix
18:23:22 <tumbleweed> we've currently got a lopo source in voctomix
18:23:25 <highvoltage> (yay so at least remote-viewer works with the password)
18:23:28 <tumbleweed> and we've got the loop blanking
18:23:44 <tumbleweed> we were thinking we may want to PinP the loop
18:23:53 <pollo> can OBS stream to two endpoints?
18:24:07 <tumbleweed> well, my question was: Does anyone still think we need that?
18:24:09 <pollo> atm the loop source and the loop blanking are 2 differents ports
18:24:37 <pollo> I guess not
18:24:39 <olasd> you're misnaming things which makes it confusing; there's two blanking inputs: an empty one and a loop one
18:24:56 <tumbleweed> olasd: in voctomix terms they're both blankers
18:25:00 <tumbleweed> IIRC
18:25:01 <olasd> yes
18:25:23 <tumbleweed> but the point is that we currently have 2 loops being injected into voctomix
18:25:27 <tumbleweed> the stream blanking loop
18:25:29 <tumbleweed> and the source called loop
18:25:35 <olasd> I see
18:26:13 <olasd> the regular input is more versatile, and we can emulate the "stream blanking" feature with a preset
18:26:20 <olasd> once they happen
18:26:26 <tumbleweed> yes
18:26:32 <olasd> (switch audio + source a to loop, full screen)
18:26:32 <tumbleweed> which is why we did it
18:26:55 <tumbleweed> but what do we put on the stream blank source then?
18:26:55 <pollo> ah yes, audio
18:27:00 <olasd> nothing?
18:27:09 <tumbleweed> and disable the UI for it?
18:27:21 <tumbleweed> I don't think we're actually gaining any of the versitility then
18:27:36 <tumbleweed> and we've lost the ability to protect ourselves from recording screwups where we stay on blank
18:27:39 <wouter> I'm not following, why do we even need an empty blanker?
18:27:42 <tumbleweed> I guess that won't be a problem with an online debconf, anyway
18:27:57 <tumbleweed> wouter: the UI for the empty blanker is already disabled
18:28:48 <olasd> tumbleweed: the "loop preset" wouldn't preclude the loop input from being used in other layouts
18:29:11 <tumbleweed> as long as the controls are available, yes
18:29:16 <olasd> yeah, sure
18:29:24 <tumbleweed> we should probably give highvoltage just one port to stream to
18:29:39 <olasd> sounds easier yes
18:29:59 <tumbleweed> ok, sounds like the loop source is it then
18:30:03 <tumbleweed> and the other UI will have to be disabled
18:30:05 <pollo> highvoltage: for the video shoutouts, how is audio handled?
18:30:17 <olasd> let's use the regular input for now, we can switch that out if presets don't happen
18:30:45 <pollo> I can see how widely fluctuating audio levels from shoutout to shoutout would be a problem
18:30:46 <tumbleweed> man, I wish we'd had this weeks ago
18:30:47 <highvoltage> pollo: the audio is inside the video clip, the music is an embedded scene shared across the other scenes, but isn't contained in the shoutout scenes
18:31:23 <tumbleweed> let's move on
18:31:25 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Grabber
18:31:28 <highvoltage> pollo: ah right, I can normalize a bit when editing the final shoutout clip in kdenlive
18:31:29 <olasd> I think what pollo meant was "please make sure the audio from shoutouts is normalized"
18:31:33 <tumbleweed> Nothing new to say here, probably
18:31:33 <highvoltage> pollo: but that's just going by ear
18:31:44 <pollo> :)
18:32:04 <wouter> highvoltage: SReview::Normalizer might help too, but I'll leave it up to you as to whether to use that...
18:32:07 <pollo> tumbleweed: let's move on
18:32:08 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - SReview
18:32:15 <wouter> so, yes
18:32:24 <highvoltage> wouter: is that just a setting? if so I'm all for it
18:32:29 <tumbleweed> wouter: does that mean you're volunteering sreview for people to upload shoutouts?
18:32:33 <wouter> ... I'll have to re-encode everything again :-/
18:32:42 <tumbleweed> :)
18:32:44 <wouter> highvoltage: no, it's a perl module
18:32:55 <highvoltage> oh nm then
18:32:57 <wouter> highvoltage: API is fairly simple
18:33:36 <wouter> highvoltage: SReview::Normalizer->new(input => SReview::Video->new(url => "/path/to/input"), output => SReview::Video->new(url => "/path/to/output"))->run()
18:33:37 <highvoltage> yeah but I have nowhere to put that in (qotd)
18:33:41 <wouter> heh :)
18:34:21 <wouter> I don't want to add another upload script though, so if you don't want to use it... your issue :)
18:34:23 <olasd> is there more to report about sreview?
18:34:35 <wouter> a bit
18:34:48 <wouter> uploads seem successful, mostly, except for bug that I just pushed the fix for
18:35:27 <wouter> I did write the script to sync states between the three events based on what's uploaded etc, but when I ran it the first time today I saw there were some issues with that still
18:35:55 <wouter> I'll fix that either today or tomorrow, not sure yet
18:36:11 <wouter> beyond that, I only need intro/outro graphics
18:36:14 <wouter> which I haven't seen yet
18:36:45 <wouter> (I'll retranscode things after the meeting, don't want to KGB-bomb the meeting right now)
18:37:14 <pollo> #info we need to come up with intro/outro graphics for talks
18:37:15 <wouter> that's it
18:37:24 <tumbleweed> it's probably time to start making some fall-back graphics
18:37:30 <nattie> you mean title cards?
18:37:33 <tumbleweed> yeah
18:37:33 <nattie> or something fancier?
18:37:35 <wouter> nattie: those, yes
18:37:35 <nattie> ah
18:37:38 <nattie> yeah, i need those too
18:38:01 <wouter> https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc20-online/-/issues/11 has some info
18:38:15 <wouter> but nobody did anything for those
18:38:31 <wouter> if worst comes to worst, I can look at it myself, but then it will delay things
18:38:49 <wouter> at any rate, I don't think this is a huge priority if there are other things
18:39:04 <tumbleweed> wouter: are the recordings going to have cards?
18:39:05 <wouter> we can delay transcoding talks for a few days if there are more urgent matters, won't be a problem
18:39:31 <wouter> tumbleweed: the ones you'll play in voctoweb you mean? No, not from SReview, different path through the system
18:39:45 <tumbleweed> OK, so we only need them for publishing final videos
18:39:52 <wouter> exactly
18:40:15 <wouter> and we can publish final videos whenever, I'd say
18:40:21 <wouter> (well, not three months after, but you get the idea)
18:40:27 <tumbleweed> yeah
18:40:36 <tumbleweed> would be nice to have those in place before the conference starts, though
18:40:39 <olasd> well we /can/; not saying that we /should/ :D
18:40:43 <wouter> if possible, sure
18:40:58 <tumbleweed> let's move on
18:41:00 <wouter> if people don't have time to get things ready in time because other, more urgent, matters take priority, then it's not a train smash
18:41:03 <wouter> sure
18:41:15 <tumbleweed> I don'tknow if that's the issue here or not
18:41:23 <tumbleweed> jeff3rson[m] hasn't been replying on the topic
18:41:26 <wouter> I don't know what the issue is :)
18:41:31 <wouter> we'll see what happens
18:41:55 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Streaming
18:42:23 <tumbleweed> So, upgraded the digital ocean instances a bit, to get more transit quota
18:42:34 <olasd> sorry for dropping all the balls here
18:42:35 <highvoltage> what does it have now?
18:42:39 <tumbleweed> in their pricing model, you earn quota by the number of hours your instances are alive
18:43:04 <tumbleweed> but their transit pricing is also an order of magnitude cheaper than any other cloud provider, so paying overages isn't a big deal there
18:43:20 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: the current instances are the $20/month ones
18:43:38 <tumbleweed> no idea if those are big enough for our load or not
18:43:39 <highvoltage> and what kind of throughput do we get on those? (assuming it's ever been tested)
18:43:45 <tumbleweed> but they're the sweet-spot for bunled quota
18:43:50 <tumbleweed> it hasn't
18:44:05 <tumbleweed> we should try to load test
18:44:16 <tumbleweed> e.g. by playing something back and asking #debian-devel to watch or something
18:44:30 <highvoltage> at least it sounds easy to just spin up more droplets in a worst case scenario
18:44:34 <paddatrapper> hackers? :P
18:44:44 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: yeah, relatively
18:44:49 <wouter> paddatrapper: we'd get copyright issues if we did that publically, I'm afraid
18:44:50 * olasd DMCAs paddatrapper
18:44:50 <pollo> paddatrapper:  good way to get a DMCA takedown
18:45:00 <wouter> but we could do the duck video thing
18:45:09 <tumbleweed> although our geoip distribution doesn't support round-robin amongst options, yet
18:45:12 <tumbleweed> it'd need to be added
18:45:22 <highvoltage> lol, DMCA is a walk in the park, we have th FPB
18:45:25 <tumbleweed> play back on old debconf talk
18:45:32 <paddatrapper> wouter: hence the ':P'
18:45:37 <paddatrapper> heh
18:45:43 <tumbleweed> anyone want to take the action to do a test?
18:46:11 <paddatrapper> Sure
18:46:32 <tumbleweed> #agreed paddatrapper to organise a public video streaming load test
18:46:38 <tumbleweed> next question on this topic
18:46:43 <tumbleweed> who is going to be on call for the opening?
18:46:51 <tumbleweed> it's going to be 3am for me, so I'll be fast asleep
18:47:03 <pollo> we should start trying to fill those "on call" slots
18:47:07 <olasd> don't worry, we'll page you if there's an issue
18:47:10 <olasd> :D
18:47:16 * wouter looks at the schedule
18:47:16 <tumbleweed> I think that first morning is going to be the critical time
18:47:24 <highvoltage> I'll be there but I don't know how anything works
18:47:25 <tumbleweed> after day 2, video team life is usually fairly easy
18:47:36 <olasd> until we start changing everything
18:47:41 <tumbleweed> heh
18:47:58 <wouter> I can be there, would be 12:00 here
18:48:15 <paddatrapper> I'm unavailable for the first block of talks on Sunday unfortunately
18:48:21 <tumbleweed> whoever is there should probably get familiar with the streaming stack
18:48:34 <wouter> tumbleweed: we have docs, right?
18:48:38 <tumbleweed> *ish
18:48:38 <paddatrapper> some
18:48:41 <wouter> I'll have a play with things on saturday
18:48:55 <olasd> I'll be there too
18:49:02 <paddatrapper> we're lacking on docs around the internal links between everything
18:49:05 <wouter> I can also bother paddatrapper by phone if things really break down ;-P
18:49:11 <pollo> wouter: note that we'll have training on sat, so please don't mess up thing during training :)
18:49:21 <wouter> pollo: perhaps I should join the training, then
18:49:40 <paddatrapper> wouter: I'll be in the middle the sea in Hout Bay, so won't really be able to answer...
18:49:53 <tumbleweed> olasd wrote a lot of the streaming stuff, so having him there is probably the most valuable thing :)
18:49:55 <wouter> paddatrapper: ooohh, Hout Bay, fancy
18:50:04 <paddatrapper> s/fancy/cold :P
18:50:05 <olasd> isn't daytrip Wednesday?
18:50:08 <wouter> that too
18:50:25 <tumbleweed> let's move on
18:50:26 <paddatrapper> Training schedule: https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/20/VideoVolunteering
18:50:35 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Etherpad
18:50:37 <tumbleweed> Nothing new here
18:50:42 <tumbleweed> again, it probably needs group auth
18:50:55 <tumbleweed> not that complex, just haven't done it
18:51:39 <tumbleweed> #topic Video Stack - Embed in Website
18:51:47 <tumbleweed> See: https://debconf20.debconf.org/schedule/venue/1/
18:52:13 <tumbleweed> there'll also be the usual stuff at the top of the front page once things start
18:52:25 <tumbleweed> I do wonder if we need a "how to attend debconf" document and email
18:52:47 <olasd> it's a bit weird to have the video sandwiched between the title and the abstract of the next session
18:52:56 <terceiro> tumbleweed: I and nattie started that
18:53:01 <terceiro> https://pad.online.debconf.org/p/announcement-mails
18:53:01 <highvoltage> fwiw I'll add that matrix bridge for #dc20-talks in the meantime too
18:53:15 <nattie> tumbleweed: as a badger or as an mail to -announce?
18:53:32 <tumbleweed> ah,  Isee you added that great
18:53:34 <tumbleweed> nattie: either works
18:53:42 <highvoltage> (and btw we now have a matrix instance on matrix.debian.social that you can also access via the element web interface on element.debian.social, auth via salsa login)
18:53:56 <tumbleweed> which is probably easier to use than IRC for newbies
18:54:15 <olasd> great @ matrix
18:54:36 <tumbleweed> olasd: I guess MRs welcome on that page :)
18:54:43 <highvoltage> that video view page is really nifty
18:54:47 <olasd> tumbleweed: I knew you'd say that
18:54:49 <olasd> :P
18:55:13 <tumbleweed> it's working, that what matters
18:55:23 <olasd> I see you fixed the quality selector
18:55:32 <olasd> (generic you)
18:55:34 <tumbleweed> yep
18:55:38 <highvoltage> and it's a big improvement from the debconf video docs page
18:56:13 <highvoltage> (and somehow the video starts much faster, maybe it's my imagination, or maybe this is the stream that doesn't use hls anymore?)
18:56:27 <tumbleweed> it's HLS
18:56:30 <sicelo> /win 20
18:56:31 <olasd> it's the same player hitting the same backend
18:56:50 <olasd> maybe the one on debconf.org is more up to date
18:56:50 <highvoltage> ah all in the mind then :)
18:56:59 <tumbleweed> it is a little more up to date, yes
18:57:27 <tumbleweed> moving on
18:57:29 * highvoltage mutes olasd and pollo that just started yelling on my speakers
18:57:35 <wouter> did someone just switch the stream to something else?
18:57:36 <olasd> I was about to say the same
18:57:45 <tumbleweed> #topic Streaming setup
18:57:47 * pollo ducks
18:57:47 <tumbleweed> err I think we did that
18:57:57 <wouter> mini-dc marseille
18:58:00 <tumbleweed> #topic Advice/training for directors
18:58:11 <nattie> training is on Saturday, whee!
18:58:12 <tumbleweed> paddatrapper!
18:58:24 <paddatrapper> Signup and schedule: https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/20/VideoVolunteering
18:58:26 <wouter> not many people have signed up yet
18:58:29 <wouter> apparently
18:58:31 <pollo> the email hasn't been sent yet
18:58:43 <wouter> oh, that would explain that :)
18:58:52 <tumbleweed> the necessary changes have landed, just need to deploy them
18:58:54 <wouter> #info training schedule up, email to be sent out
18:59:14 <wouter> shouldn't wait too long with that I guess, it's in two days
18:59:16 * tumbleweed deploys
18:59:23 <tumbleweed> yeah, we should get that mail out today
19:00:30 <tumbleweed> nothnig more there, I guess
19:00:50 <tumbleweed> #topic Advice/training for presenters
19:01:01 <tumbleweed> I think there's some going on rgiht now?
19:01:05 <nattie> we're doing test calls
19:01:19 <nattie> though possibly we need to send out another badger reminding people to stop by
19:02:34 <wouter> anything else on that subject?
19:02:59 <tumbleweed> how's talk feedback going?
19:03:22 <tumbleweed> urbec: you were doing quite a bit of review, what are they like?
19:03:54 <wouter> there were a few issues with broken audio that were my fault
19:04:09 <wouter> (which will hopefully be fixed after my re-transcode)
19:04:29 <urbec> I found them mostly ok
19:04:33 <paddatrapper> From what I could gather they looked good otherwise
19:04:34 <highvoltage> did that includ vagrant's one? from what I recall that was one that urbec mentioned that had quite bad audio
19:04:40 <wouter> I mean the A/V sync issues
19:04:44 <pollo> I did and talked to vagrant
19:04:47 <wouter> those were my fault
19:04:55 <pollo> no time to re-record, no better mic
19:04:59 <terceiro> wouter: please also check what's wrong woth maddog's talks (404)
19:05:11 <wouter> terceiro: I did, already found the problem
19:05:15 <nattie> i guess we'll just have to accept the bad sound
19:05:26 <wouter> terceiro: I'll have to re-submit everything, which I'll do after the meeting
19:05:27 <nattie> for which i apologise, since i mentioned it was bad, but then waved it through
19:05:40 <terceiro> wouter: cool, thanks
19:05:41 <urbec> but a few (see backlog)
19:06:14 <tumbleweed> OK so it seesm things are reasonable
19:06:24 <tumbleweed> pity we coludn't get the bad ones fixed in time :(
19:07:17 <tumbleweed> #topic Salsa issues
19:07:24 <tumbleweed> let's skip over that
19:07:29 <tumbleweed> #topic actions from last meeting
19:08:43 <tumbleweed> paddatrapper: you tested simultaneous jibri streaming?
19:08:46 <tumbleweed> not sure how we would even
19:08:53 <paddatrapper> tumbleweed: yup and it works
19:08:55 <tumbleweed> cool
19:09:04 <paddatrapper> the new stream replaces the old cleanly in Vocto
19:09:21 <paddatrapper> the use case is someone closing the old jitsi room before stopping the stream
19:09:26 <tumbleweed> what we'd expect, great
19:09:31 <paddatrapper> And we need to get the next one up ASAP
19:09:50 <pollo> next one?
19:09:59 <tumbleweed> next talk
19:10:06 <pollo> ah
19:10:12 <tumbleweed> the streaming + irc + etherpad page is done
19:10:15 <tumbleweed> streaming passwords are done
19:10:25 <tumbleweed> test calls are happening (as of now, at least)
19:10:55 <tumbleweed> and paddatrapper did some writeup on the tools and architecture (at least as part of the volunteer docs)
19:11:19 <tumbleweed> I assume the olasd items keep carrying forward
19:11:25 <paddatrapper> Yeah not sure if we should go more in depth there
19:11:42 <paddatrapper> https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/room_setup.html#online-conference
19:11:55 <highvoltage> I'll try to read through as much of those docs as possible when I've gotten to the minimal other responsibility dependencies
19:12:27 <tumbleweed> #topic AoB
19:12:57 <wouter> should we maybe have another meeting saturday night
19:12:58 <olasd> the minidebconf in regensburg has been postponed
19:12:59 <wouter> ?
19:13:15 <nattie> it's not happening at the end of september
19:13:26 <tumbleweed> grr volunteer page 500s if you're not logged in
19:13:34 <tumbleweed> I keep forgetting about anonymous users
19:13:43 <wouter> saturday night would be our last chance to fix issues if there are any
19:13:58 <wouter> (and with "night" I mean 18:00 UTC)
19:14:13 <tumbleweed> so a brief check-in on saturday?
19:14:35 <tumbleweed> there's training from 16-17:00
19:14:47 <pollo> please start filling up on call slots in the volunteer system :)
19:14:56 <olasd> pollo: I would if the system stopped 500ing
19:14:56 <wouter> yeah, so if there's feedback from the training we can maybe try to fix things if necessary
19:14:58 <olasd> :P
19:15:01 <pollo> lol
19:15:14 <tumbleweed> olasd: log in :)
19:15:20 <olasd> I was logged in
19:15:20 <highvoltage> oh one more thing pollo
19:15:28 <highvoltage> (and I'll make a write-up too)
19:15:38 <highvoltage> the text at the bottom on the loop comes from https://storm.debian.net/shared/U9FQQgxIQ42D3TAu2obUm96iIr2fvCCQs3WwXVASA8W
19:15:53 <pollo> is that behind some kind of auth?
19:15:55 <olasd> well, I was on my profile page and i had just done the salsa dance
19:15:56 <highvoltage> I'll share a writable link to everyone who needs/want to be able that
19:16:01 <pollo> good
19:16:05 <highvoltage> *to be able to edit that
19:16:12 <highvoltage> it's just read only on that shared link
19:16:20 <olasd> but I had to Ctrl+F5 to get the volunteer link to appear now
19:16:49 <tumbleweed> olasd: you may have caught mid-deploy
19:17:02 <olasd> maybe
19:17:08 <olasd> it works now
19:17:13 * tumbleweed needs to set up permissions on the tasks
19:17:22 <olasd> and I've registered for the first on call slot :P
19:17:53 <wouter> cool :)
19:18:19 <tumbleweed> OK, permissions should be there
19:19:25 <tumbleweed> #topic next meeting
19:19:32 <tumbleweed> #agreed check-in meeting on Saturday at 18:00 UTC
19:19:55 <nattie> ok
19:20:01 <tumbleweed> #endmeeting