17:59:24 <paddatrapper> #startmeeting
17:59:24 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Oct 13 17:59:24 2020 UTC.  The chair is paddatrapper. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:59:24 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:59:30 <highvoltage> wow a wouter
17:59:41 <paddatrapper> agenda: http://deb.li/oNCD
17:59:46 <paddatrapper> #topic roll call
17:59:51 <wouter> o/
17:59:52 * highvoltage rolls
17:59:56 * wouter calls
17:59:59 <pollo> 0/
18:00:07 <tumbleweed> \o
18:01:01 <paddatrapper> Please add anything you wish to talk about to the agenda - just created one for today
18:01:19 <paddatrapper> #topic DC20 Videos
18:02:08 <paddatrapper> anyone know what the status of the review issues is?
18:02:15 * pollo hasn't done any video review since last week
18:02:19 <highvoltage> I reviewed 2 of them but I kind of thing we're going about it the wrong way
18:02:25 <tumbleweed> still haven't looked at them
18:02:34 <tumbleweed> wouter: Can you help out with the issues here?
18:02:42 <pollo> highvoltage: why?
18:02:46 <highvoltage> (I think instead of having core video team members reviewing it we should do recruiting for that instead or at least try)
18:03:08 <tumbleweed> from my PoV the problem isn't the reviewing, it's fixing the issues
18:03:11 <pollo> Sure, we just need people to do that, whoever they are
18:03:17 <tumbleweed> and volunteers won't help unless their work is useful
18:03:25 <wouter> tumbleweed: I haven't looked at the list of issues, and it's in topic (which is currently hidden)
18:03:39 <paddatrapper> #link http://deb.li/3I0Ms
18:03:48 <wouter> checking
18:04:19 <highvoltage> from what I've seen on the sheet most of the videos reviewed so far seemed fine? how would it be not useful to review more of those?
18:04:31 <tumbleweed> it would be useful
18:04:47 <pollo> wouter: if spinning up dc20 sreview to fix those issues is too much work, please say so
18:05:08 <pollo> We can always fix them in a nonlinear video editor using the raw files
18:05:57 <wouter> pollo: it's not *that* much work, but I'll be on holiday in two days, so I won't have time until I'm back in two weeks
18:06:19 <wouter> pollo: if it can wait until then, I'll hack up a perl script to conver the db dump so it can be imported in vittoria
18:06:30 <wouter> if not, a nonlinear editor might be a better idea
18:06:34 <tumbleweed> what needs to be converted?
18:06:40 <pollo> I think it would be less work overall to use a nonlinear video editor then
18:06:57 <pollo> There are not tons of problems atm
18:07:09 <paddatrapper> +1
18:07:12 <wouter> tumbleweed: the primary keys start again from zero, so you have to bump them up to whatever vittoria has available, while keeping track of the foreign keys
18:07:23 <pollo> wouter: can you give us a set of params for encoding?
18:07:27 <wouter> it's not *that* hard, but it needs to be done
18:07:38 <tumbleweed> can't you just blow away the DB and start a new one?
18:07:46 <tumbleweed> then those PKs are available
18:07:59 <wouter> tumbleweed: I... suppose I could, but that feels wrong ;-)
18:08:10 <tumbleweed> seems like the right way to approach restoring backups
18:08:17 <tumbleweed> hacking the backup to restore into a dirty DB feels wrong to me
18:08:18 <wouter> yeah, I guess we can do that
18:08:34 <wouter> then only the filenames may need to be adjusted, but that should be fine
18:08:45 <tumbleweed> is the config there?
18:08:58 <tumbleweed> if I want to do this, is everything I need somewhere I can find on vittoria?
18:09:10 <wouter> in the tarball that I copied from the review host
18:09:16 <wouter> I'll see if I can find the time tomorrow
18:09:30 <wouter> if it's too much work, I'll figure out what needs doing and will let you know
18:09:40 <wouter> does that work?
18:09:44 <tumbleweed> that works
18:09:51 <tumbleweed> after all, I meant to talk to you 2 weeks ago, and haven't
18:09:56 <wouter> :)
18:10:09 <wouter> well, I meant to be in the past X meetings, and haven't, so don't stress
18:10:27 <tumbleweed> we do want to get this done, of course...
18:10:32 <wouter> sure
18:10:34 <paddatrapper> #action wouter to try restore the sreview backup to vittoria, and let tumbleweed know what needs doing if unable to get the time
18:10:37 <tumbleweed> esp before the minidebconf
18:10:45 <wouter> right
18:10:48 <highvoltage> I attended Arch Conference 2020 over the weekedn
18:11:07 <pollo> highvoltage: can that be in AOB?
18:11:16 <paddatrapper> tumbleweed: I take it no progress on YouTube and PeerTube uploads?
18:11:19 <highvoltage> they have promised and committed to have all the videos released by the time the COVID-19 epidemic has ended, so hopefully we can at least do better than that :)
18:11:28 <wouter> lol :)
18:11:32 <wouter> I'm sure we can
18:11:39 <tumbleweed> paddatrapper: yeah. I'll poke at them *right now*
18:11:50 <paddatrapper> #info no progress on YouTube and PeerTube uploads so far
18:12:06 <paddatrapper> #action tumbleweed to poke at Youtube and peertube uploads *right now*
18:12:07 <paddatrapper> :P
18:12:22 <paddatrapper> #topic Miniconfs - Infra state
18:12:47 <highvoltage> debian.ch said they'll set up the groups today
18:13:00 <paddatrapper> #info debian.ch should set up a video team group today
18:13:14 <highvoltage> don't think it's done yet, but can follow-up if we haven't heard back from them by tomorrow
18:13:27 <highvoltage> (I know the admin has been traveling maybe he's just still tired)
18:13:27 <tumbleweed> thanks for that!
18:13:32 <pollo> The current infra doesn't list monitoring
18:13:35 <tumbleweed> what are our deadlines here?
18:13:35 <pollo> Do we need it?
18:13:42 <paddatrapper> #action highvoltage to follow up if we haven't heard back from them by tomorrow
18:13:42 <tumbleweed> monitoring is useful, yes
18:13:48 <paddatrapper> pollo: good point
18:14:04 <paddatrapper> Should still be under the budget approved though
18:14:07 <highvoltage> pollo: we have some wiggle room in the budget if we need another vm for monitoring
18:14:08 <tumbleweed> we can probably co-host the monitoring with something else
18:14:08 <paddatrapper> doesn't need to be a large machine
18:14:16 <pollo> +1
18:14:40 <wouter> tumbleweed: not if you want to do something like prometheus, but meh
18:14:51 <wouter> (it's insane how many resources that wants...)
18:15:05 <tumbleweed> the prometheus vm at dc20 was hardly taking any strain
18:15:06 <wouter> unless they fixed it since I looked at making it be better
18:15:09 <paddatrapper> #info initial infra list missed out monitoring
18:15:12 <tumbleweed> but those machines were beefy
18:15:31 <paddatrapper> were we monitoring the monitor?
18:15:35 <olasd> on the scale of debconf infra prometheus shouldn't be a problem at all
18:15:39 <highvoltage> tumbleweed: did that prometheus setup come from ansible?
18:15:43 <olasd> it did
18:15:46 <wouter> olasd: fair point
18:15:54 <highvoltage> so it should be fairly trivial to implement again?
18:15:58 <tumbleweed> yes
18:16:01 <pollo> The  graphs for dc20 also have been backed uo
18:16:03 <olasd> definitely
18:16:14 <highvoltage> so is there anything left to talk about on monitoring right now?
18:16:36 <tumbleweed> nope
18:16:42 <paddatrapper> #topic Miniconfs - Setup
18:16:58 <paddatrapper> How is this different from Infra state?
18:17:24 <wouter> we might want to discuss if we want to do things differently from dc20?
18:17:32 <wouter> for one, I'm not going to do the insane SReview stuff anymore
18:17:39 <wouter> because terrible
18:17:49 <paddatrapper> sounds like a very solid plan
18:17:53 <wouter> :)
18:17:54 <highvoltage> you're going to do even more insane SReview stuff?
18:18:08 * pollo is OK with trying to use the stream dumps for the miniconfs
18:18:13 <wouter> highvoltage: no, I'm going to revert to how SReview was meant to be used
18:18:34 <wouter> as in, do what we did previously, and don't try to hack in the unmodified prerecordings
18:18:46 <paddatrapper> #agreed use stream dumps for recordings
18:18:51 <highvoltage> for a dozen or so talks I think it's fine taking a simpler approach
18:18:53 <tumbleweed> pollo: can you expand on that?
18:19:13 <tumbleweed> you don't want to record on voctomix?
18:19:24 <pollo> tumbleweed: what wouter said basically, use the voctomix recording for everything
18:19:31 <paddatrapper> #undo
18:19:31 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Agreed object at 0x1714590>
18:19:39 <paddatrapper> #agreed use voctomix output for recordings
18:19:39 <pollo> Yes, bad terminology
18:19:54 <highvoltage> will the streams still be recorded elsewhere as a backup?
18:19:54 <tumbleweed> OK, +1
18:19:58 <tumbleweed> yes
18:20:00 <highvoltage> ok cool
18:20:12 <paddatrapper> Then how do we handle pre-recordings collection?
18:20:30 <wouter> paddatrapper: we can still use the upload functionality in SReview
18:20:34 <paddatrapper> ah ok
18:20:44 <paddatrapper> #info we can still use the ipload funcionality in SReview
18:20:50 <wouter> It's just going to be a separate thing, and it won't be used at all for the released recordings
18:20:51 <paddatrapper> #undo
18:20:51 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x140cfd0>
18:20:57 <paddatrapper> #info we can still use the upload funcionality in SReview
18:21:04 * wouter likes ipload actually
18:21:11 <paddatrapper> heh
18:21:22 <wouter> sounds like a traffic test tool or something ;)
18:21:55 <paddatrapper> Any other changes we would like to implement for the miniconfs?
18:22:33 <wouter> I guess we'll only be using one stream, but beyond that can't think of anything
18:23:00 <paddatrapper> #topic Miniconfs - Training
18:23:18 <paddatrapper> anything more to add on this one?
18:23:27 <wouter> I don't think we can do much until we have infra?
18:23:33 <paddatrapper> yeah
18:23:34 <highvoltage> I suppose it should be possible to have a more or less working stack by the end of the month?
18:23:54 <paddatrapper> if the groups happen and someone can create the vms, sure
18:24:00 <highvoltage> I mean, enough bits to do some training on
18:24:18 <highvoltage> so we'd probably need a call for volunteers too
18:24:40 <pollo> I think we should wait another week
18:24:40 <highvoltage> or we could just train the people from mdco3+mdco4
18:25:02 <highvoltage> another week before discussing this further or another week after the end of the month for training?
18:25:02 <paddatrapper> pollo: so a week after stack up have the call for volunteers?
18:25:24 <pollo> Another week before sending a call for volunteers
18:25:46 <pollo> Nothing is up yet, too much incertitudes
18:25:59 <wouter> incertitudes?
18:26:13 <wouter> on, uncertainties? sorry
18:26:17 <pollo> Yes that
18:26:32 <highvoltage> paddatrapper: ok I think it would be good to move on
18:26:34 <wouter> sorry, didn't mean to be pedantic, just didn't understand :)
18:26:55 <paddatrapper> #topic Any other Business
18:27:28 <wouter> only that I'll be off for two weeks, but I already said that :)
18:27:35 <pollo> highvoltage: how was the CCC stack for the arch conf?
18:27:53 <wouter> leaving on thursday, will be back on the 25th or thereabouts
18:28:13 <paddatrapper> wouter: enjoy the break
18:28:20 <wouter> paddatrapper: thanks, I'll need it
18:28:26 <wouter> first proper time off in over two years
18:28:34 <olasd> I actually wonder what part of the CCC stack they really used
18:28:37 <wouter> (going to Kruger)
18:28:57 <paddatrapper> if it was anything like SotM, mainly the RTMP network and review infra
18:28:59 <highvoltage> pollo: jitsi + some vocto stuff, I didn't follow the details on their stack
18:29:03 <highvoltage> pollo: it worked ok
18:29:12 <olasd> (I don't know what they use for live mixing of remote events)
18:29:17 <pollo> Ah they used vocto!
18:29:19 <wouter> oh, right, FOSDEM is also trying to figure out online conf
18:29:32 <highvoltage> they also streamed to twitch.tv
18:29:36 <highvoltage> lots of people followed there
18:29:41 <wouter> we had a discussion a week or two ago to look at things, but nobody's really started to actually implement anything yet
18:30:04 <wouter> if anyone is interested in helping out, do speak up
18:30:27 <highvoltage> I would really love to but I'm maxed out
18:30:39 <paddatrapper> potentially, but I'm going to be away for much of December and no idea what Jan looks like yet
18:30:40 <tumbleweed> happy to join a conversation, but can't really commit to driving anything
18:30:47 <wouter> well, insert an "and has time" in there then ;-)
18:31:11 <highvoltage> that rules out all the channels on this server that starts with #deb
18:31:12 <wouter> paddatrapper: we discussed that we really want to have the infra up and running in early January, so
18:31:20 <wouter> highvoltage: I'm sure :)
18:31:48 <wouter> (at least the prerecording part, for which some insane team mates want to do something OBS-based..)
18:32:29 <tumbleweed> pre-recording over the internet?
18:32:58 <wouter> tumbleweed: yes
18:33:03 <tumbleweed> the goal of prerecording (for me) was that it removes the unreliable network bit from the equation. And allows for mistakes to be corrected
18:33:10 <highvoltage> would be nice if we could have that too but I think next month would be too soon
18:33:20 <tumbleweed> so, local recording seems a must. But hey, if it works... :)
18:33:29 <wouter> tumbleweed: exactly, and I've been trying to tell them, but they be like "oh you can restart so it's fine lalala"
18:33:38 <highvoltage> well they only need good internet connection at the time of the recording
18:33:39 <tumbleweed> yeah, which is true
18:33:53 <wouter> well, kind of, but still
18:33:53 <highvoltage> if the power trips or their connection dodges out they can restart or continue after restoration
18:34:18 <wouter> anyway, it all means I've been volunteered to add more API to SReview, so...
18:35:42 <paddatrapper> #info people interesting in helping with FOSDEM talk to wouter
18:35:59 <paddatrapper> anything else here?
18:36:12 <wouter> nothing more from me
18:36:47 <olasd> nope
18:36:57 <olasd> (not that I was really there :p)
18:37:02 <paddatrapper> #topic Next meeting
18:37:21 <paddatrapper> 20 Oct @ 18:00 UTC (next tuesday)?
18:37:48 <pollo> Wfm
18:37:57 <wouter> I'll miss that one, but I can do the one on the 27th
18:38:16 <wouter> (and nothing works for me next week, so no need to reschedule on my behalf)
18:38:32 <paddatrapper> #agreed 20 October 2020 @ 18:00 UTC
18:38:36 <paddatrapper> #endmeeting