18:02:01 <paddatrapper> #startmeeting
18:02:01 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Nov  3 18:02:01 2020 UTC.  The chair is paddatrapper. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:02:01 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:02:09 <paddatrapper> #topic Roll Call
18:02:12 <pollo> 0/
18:02:21 <paddatrapper> Agenda: http://deb.li/oNCD
18:03:25 <tumbleweed> hi
18:03:54 <paddatrapper> #topic Miniconfs - Infra state
18:04:27 <paddatrapper> What exactly is needed before we run ansible and deploy things?
18:04:54 * pollo thought we were ready for ansible
18:04:55 <tumbleweed> check the config and run it
18:05:05 <tumbleweed> I just broke it with thta vogol rename
18:05:07 <paddatrapper> I had a look at the config today, tumbleweed has rotated the keys and updated to reflect the machines we are running
18:05:34 <paddatrapper> #info ansible needs to reflect vogol rename
18:05:38 <wouter> o/
18:05:39 <pollo> If no one else has time, I can commit to running ansible on all machines and checking if things work ok this week
18:05:42 <wouter> (sorry, got distracted)
18:06:12 <tumbleweed> wouter: what do you need before the mdco2?
18:06:15 <tumbleweed> I'm guessing SVGs
18:06:32 <wouter> yeah, just that
18:06:47 <wouter> that, or logos, and then I'll do the SVGs myself
18:06:51 <wouter> (should have the time for that)
18:06:53 <paddatrapper> #info SReview needs SVG titles for MDCO#2
18:06:58 <paddatrapper> #undo
18:06:58 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Info object at 0x12e6b50>
18:07:06 <paddatrapper> #info SReview needs SVG titles or logos for MDCO#2
18:07:26 <paddatrapper> #action pollo to run ansible on all machines
18:07:38 <tumbleweed> highvoltage: ^^
18:08:19 <paddatrapper> Anything else on this topic?
18:09:02 <tumbleweed> it'd be nice to get a talk through the system before the event starts
18:09:08 <paddatrapper> +1
18:09:10 <tumbleweed> but we need all the infra in place first
18:09:21 <pollo> tumbleweed: I don,t understand what you mean
18:09:28 <paddatrapper> Maybe we add that as a step in the setup (next topic)
18:09:38 <tumbleweed> pollo: a dry run including sreview
18:09:54 <pollo> ah, as in "have a talk pass through the pipeline", yes
18:10:11 <tumbleweed> yep
18:10:16 <wouter> sure, we can do that
18:11:00 <paddatrapper> #topic Miniconfs - Setup
18:11:24 <paddatrapper> #agreed run a talk through the entire pipeline before MDCO#2 as a dry run
18:12:13 <tumbleweed> not sure what else we want to build/change
18:12:36 <paddatrapper> nothing comes to mind. I guess after the miniconfs we will have some
18:12:47 <tumbleweed> it'd be nice to improve the audio level ui in vogol
18:13:28 <tumbleweed> I'll at least have a look at that
18:13:41 <tumbleweed> and see if we can make the etherpad auth better
18:14:15 <paddatrapper> #action tumbleweed to look at audio level ui in vogol
18:14:28 <paddatrapper> #action tumbleweed to investigate improving etherpad auth
18:15:59 <paddatrapper> #topic Miniconfs - Training
18:16:22 <paddatrapper> Shall we set a date during the next meeting once everything is set up?
18:16:29 <tumbleweed> +1
18:16:31 <wouter> +1
18:16:43 <paddatrapper> #agreed set a training date during the next meeting
18:16:51 <pollo> or this weekend?
18:17:07 <paddatrapper> pollo: have it this weekend or set the date this weekend?
18:17:08 <pollo> ah, nvm we still have time
18:17:22 <paddatrapper> cool
18:17:22 <pollo> better make sure everything works properly first
18:17:25 <tumbleweed> not a whole lot but yes
18:17:36 <tumbleweed> basically we need to get stuff up this weekend
18:18:16 <paddatrapper> #topic Video archive documentation
18:18:41 <pollo> the current documentation for the video archive is poor
18:18:52 <tumbleweed> I'd totally forgotten that page existed until you asked :)
18:19:06 <pollo> it would be nice to migrate it from the old wikimedia instance and update it
18:19:06 <wouter> what needs to be documented about it?
18:19:24 <pollo> wouter: how it works, what mirrors we have, useful commands, etc
18:19:39 <pollo> I didn't know we used git-annex for example
18:19:44 <tumbleweed> and, somebody should probably contact the mirrors listed there
18:19:52 <tumbleweed> and get them to use our new master, or shut down their outdated mirrors
18:19:55 <paddatrapper> #info the current documentation for the video archive is poor
18:20:02 <pollo> I can take that action, but I won,t do this this week
18:20:07 <pollo> tumbleweed: agreed
18:20:15 <wouter> sure
18:20:24 <wouter> I didn't even know we had mirrors :)
18:20:33 <tumbleweed> yeah, I forgot we did
18:20:39 <paddatrapper> #action pollo to look at updating the documentation
18:20:46 <tumbleweed> they're all pretty outdated anyway
18:21:27 <paddatrapper> Anyone volunteering to contact the mirrors?
18:21:39 <tumbleweed> sure, I'll take that
18:21:55 <paddatrapper> #action tumbleweed to contact the archive mirrors
18:22:02 <pollo> or I can do that at the same time if you want
18:22:50 <tumbleweed> that probably makes sense
18:23:00 <tumbleweed> if they are going to mirror from us, our rsync now has auth
18:23:05 <paddatrapper> #undo
18:23:05 <MeetBot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.items.Action object at 0x12bf0d0>
18:23:09 <tumbleweed> so some coordination will be needed
18:23:19 <paddatrapper> #action pollo to contact the archive mirrors
18:24:19 <paddatrapper> Anything else?
18:24:56 <pollo> nope
18:25:06 <paddatrapper> #topic Any other business
18:25:41 <pollo> how the call for papers for MCDO#2 going?
18:25:53 <paddatrapper> highvoltage, nattie: ^^
18:26:07 <pollo> it would be nice to know in advance if we really have 4 days of conf or not
18:26:38 <tumbleweed> I think the schedule is comfortably full
18:26:55 <tumbleweed> they don't look like they're about to overflow
18:28:27 <paddatrapper> #info MCDO#2 has a comfortably full schedule
18:28:41 <wouter> is the schedule available somewhere, or is that still up in the air?
18:28:57 <wouter> and also, if it's available, is it available in an easily parseable format?
18:29:18 <pollo> https://mdco2.mini.debconf.org/schedule/
18:29:18 <tumbleweed> it's in process atm
18:29:32 <tumbleweed> so, not quite final, but there
18:29:39 <wouter> cool
18:32:19 <paddatrapper> #topic Next meeting time
18:32:36 <paddatrapper> Tuesday 10 November 2020 @ 18:00 UTC?
18:32:42 <pollo> wfm
18:33:53 <paddatrapper> #agreed Tuesday 10 November 2020 @ 18:00 UTC
18:33:57 <paddatrapper> #endmeeting