16:00:55 <hellais> #startmeeting OONI gathering 2016-10-31
16:00:55 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Oct 31 16:00:55 2016 UTC.  The chair is hellais. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:55 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:01:00 <hellais> hello all
16:01:03 <agrabeli> hi
16:01:03 <hellais> who's here?
16:01:24 * darkk ~ ½
16:01:55 <anadahz> hi
16:03:34 <hellais> does anybody have any questions or things they would like to discuss? (it seems like we are agendaless)
16:05:52 <dcf1> Thanks for checking out our bridge reachability stuff.
16:05:53 <anadahz> I guess it's good to mention it here as well (one more time) that the OONI hackathon will take place next week: https://blog.torproject.org/events/many-ooni-and-tor-people-berlin-ooni-hackathon
16:12:23 <hellais> I guess another thing to mention that could be useful to people like dcf is that soon there will be an API for accessing raw report files (this is not a replacement for the explorer, but mainly for bulk consumers of the data)
16:12:51 <hellais> there is a testing site of it online here, that doesn't have all the data loaded in it, but can give you an idea of how it works:
16:13:12 <hellais> for example if you want to download in bulk all the raw reports for the vanilla_tor test you can do:
16:14:07 <hellais> could be useful also for integrating these measurements into metrics and such
16:14:33 <hellais> it still needs to be finalised, but thought I would bring it up here
16:15:46 <dcf1> hellais: Oh I see, that's good.
16:16:17 <darkk> BTW, I've seen some rumors this week about Israel proposing the law to make access to any porn sites opt-in from Israeli territory. The proposal assumes that ISPs would manage opt-in lists.
16:16:40 <dcf1> What I did before was something like
16:17:01 <dcf1> wget -P reports -c -r -l 2 -np --no-directories -A '*vanilla_tor*' --no-http-keep-alive https://measurements.ooni.torproject.org/
16:18:36 <hellais> dcf1: yeah I figured. This will allow you to do a bit more fine tuned filtering and have a better way of synching up with the latest reports.
16:22:37 <darkk> another sidenote regarding hackathon -- bring your PGP fingerprints (deadtree copies) to do key-signing party
16:23:26 <agrabeli> darkk: +1
16:25:13 <qbi> darkk: Will the key-signing party happen during the private or public part?
16:28:42 <MightyOctopus> [13lepidopter] 15anadahz pushed 1 new commit to 06fix/README: 02https://git.io/vXqhz
16:28:42 <MightyOctopus> 13lepidopter/06fix/README 147c31033 15anadahz: Add fallback hostname instructions as suggested by @hellais
16:31:19 <hellais> qbi: I think we can also do one during the public days if there are enough people interested :)
16:31:20 <darkk> qbi: I have no specific plans. We can probably do formal KSP during the public part as well with biglumber keyring and printouts.
16:34:53 <anadahz> darkk: may I suggest the Efficient Group Key Signing Method - http://www.cryptnet.net/mirrors/docs/zimmermann-sassaman.txt for the KSP?
16:38:58 <darkk> anadahz: I'm usually quite bad as a KSP coordinator (checked more than once), feel free to suggest anything :-) I usually stick with plain circular p2p while looking at Gov-issued document and verifying emails by `caff`.
16:40:37 <darkk> anadahz: as far as I see, this method saves some time spent comparing fingerprints. seems legit.
16:42:03 <anadahz> hellais: don't you think merging https://github.com/TheTorProject/ooni-web/pull/63 into https://github.com/TheTorProject/ooni-web/pull/68 will overbloat #68?
16:45:34 <hellais> anadahz: I believe what is in #63 is already inside of #76, if not it should be added to that post. I wrote in a comment to #68 what I think should be changed in there and I think it needs to be simplified quite a bit and be less focussed on burning the image and more on usage of the pi version of ooniprobe.
16:46:02 <hellais> anyways do we have anything else to discuss during this weeks meeting?
16:46:11 <hellais> any group topics, questions?
16:46:48 <agrabeli> none from my side atm
16:47:45 <anadahz> hellais: The difference of #63 to #76 is like https://ooni.torproject.org/post/web-connectivity/ to https://ooni.torproject.org/nettest/web-connectivity/
16:48:08 <anadahz> s/#76/#68
16:49:08 <anadahz> hellais: but I'm OK if you want to structure it different
16:51:28 <hellais> yes I understand that it's a blog post, that is why I was suggesting you merge it into the updated blog post on the web ui that already contains a section on the updated rasberry pi image
16:51:44 <hellais> anyways we can talk about this after the meeting
16:53:00 <anadahz> hellais: endmeeting?
16:57:26 <hellais> I guess we can end this here. Thank you all for attending.
16:57:27 <sbs> uhm
16:57:28 <hellais> #endmeeting