14:35:58 <karsten> #startmeeting metrics team
14:35:58 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Nov  2 14:35:58 2017 UTC.  The chair is karsten. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:35:58 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:36:07 <karsten> let's start.
14:36:11 <karsten> * inter-team roadmap coordination meeting tomorrow
14:36:20 <karsten> you probably saw my email.
14:36:33 <karsten> tomorrow afternoon there will be a meeting in this room.
14:36:41 * iwakeh looked through the other roadmaps.
14:37:00 <iwakeh> No requests for us, afaict.
14:37:07 <irl> i haven't had a chance to look at the other roadmaps yet, but plan to tonight
14:37:22 <karsten> we should look at the network team roadmap in particular.
14:37:31 <iwakeh> Some are simple spreadsheet and not very verbose.
14:37:34 <karsten> it's not that they're asking us to do something, but they're making changes that might affect us.
14:37:44 <karsten> the format is quite different, yes.
14:37:59 <karsten> when in doubt, let's ask questions tomorrow.
14:38:10 <karsten> or if you're not there, drop me your questions.
14:38:10 <iwakeh> Well, lists of trac tickets in tables ;-)
14:38:59 <karsten> okay, that's all on that topic from me.
14:39:16 <karsten> moving on?
14:39:19 <irl> ok, i may have things in an email after i've read them
14:39:21 <irl> yep
14:39:24 <karsten> sounds good!
14:39:47 <iwakeh> yep
14:39:47 <karsten> * October report
14:39:49 <karsten> :)
14:40:05 <karsten> I started collecting some input for last month's team report.
14:40:14 <karsten> it's on the pad.
14:40:18 <karsten> what did I miss?
14:40:34 * iwakeh added one thing.
14:40:36 <karsten> obviously it still needs proper sentences here and there.
14:40:50 <karsten> you mean mentioning that we did this brainstorming?
14:41:09 <iwakeh> having the list and sending it to the community.
14:41:29 <karsten> I mean, should we include this in the report?
14:41:47 <iwakeh> It's started and published in a first rfc.
14:41:51 <karsten> ok.
14:42:12 <iwakeh> maybe, admins chime in after the report :-)
14:42:22 <karsten> heh
14:42:32 <irl> for metrics-bot and atlas, i'll have to look back at trac, which i can do tonight, and then write text
14:42:38 <irl> if that's not too late
14:42:45 <karsten> that would be perfect!
14:42:54 <karsten> not too late at all. it's the 2nd today.
14:43:00 <karsten> sending monday would be fine.
14:43:00 <irl> ok cool (:
14:43:25 <karsten> I'll also try to find more.
14:43:30 <karsten> and then work on the format.
14:43:37 <karsten> if anything else comes to mind, just add it.
14:43:40 <iwakeh> me2
14:43:44 <karsten> thanks!
14:43:52 <karsten> * notifications for operational issues
14:44:04 <karsten> should we have another session for that?
14:44:13 <irl> i think another pad session would be great
14:44:15 <karsten> the one we had was already pretty successful.
14:44:21 <karsten> but it was "just" 1.25 hours.
14:44:23 <irl> sorry again for missing the first one, but it did look really productive
14:44:28 <karsten> it was!
14:44:38 <iwakeh> +1
14:44:56 <karsten> how about tomorrow at the usual time?
14:45:05 <irl> not great for me, i have work things
14:45:08 <iwakeh> already?
14:45:28 <irl> next wednesday?
14:45:33 <iwakeh> folks from the ml might use the weekend to reply.
14:45:43 <irl> this may also give me time to play with some nagios dev in a test instance
14:45:44 <karsten> ah, good point.
14:45:49 <karsten> points.
14:45:55 <karsten> next wednesday sounds fine to me.
14:45:56 <iwakeh> maybe combine with #24036?
14:46:09 <karsten> we could try that.
14:46:16 <irl> if there's time, that sounds very useful
14:46:35 <karsten> so, wed 14:30 utc for notifications + package names
14:46:44 <iwakeh> 15min monitoring, 45 naming. ambitious
14:47:09 <iwakeh> or 50/50.
14:47:21 <iwakeh> time is ok.
14:47:29 <karsten> 50/50 sounds good as a plan.
14:47:30 <irl> time is ok for me, added to calendar
14:47:50 <karsten> great!
14:48:14 <karsten> * prioritize Tomcat -> Jetty switch?
14:48:23 <karsten> so,
14:48:37 <iwakeh> could be higher on my list.  shall it?
14:48:38 <karsten> the reason is that I'm still having trouble getting m-web and exonerator to run in new vms.
14:48:47 <iwakeh> ok.
14:48:50 <karsten> I'd put reviews high on my list, too. :)
14:48:54 <irl> i'm also having trouble ith running a dev instance for atlas work
14:49:08 <karsten> (irl's w key is broken, not sure if iwakeh saw that.)
14:49:15 <irl> hehe
14:49:19 <iwakeh> no
14:49:40 <karsten> so, yes, prioritizing sounds great!
14:49:45 <iwakeh> fine.
14:49:49 <irl> (:
14:50:04 <karsten> hmm, now the agenda looks short.
14:50:07 <iwakeh> #23421
14:50:23 <karsten> should I look at that?
14:50:23 <iwakeh> needs input, b/c many things depend on it.
14:50:38 <iwakeh> especially, streamlining and simplifications and new modules.
14:50:48 <iwakeh> that would be great.
14:50:52 <karsten> on the list.
14:51:27 <iwakeh> So, I might look at the other roadmaps again, but I
14:51:43 <iwakeh> don't see there is much to bring to that meeting.
14:52:11 <karsten> feel free to spend your time more productively!
14:52:14 <irl> i've seen things that are nickm-cares which i feel may be an alias for network-wants
14:52:34 <karsten> you're invited to join, but you could also do other things instead.
14:52:46 <iwakeh> ok.
14:52:49 <irl> but maybe these are things not on the roadmap
14:52:58 <karsten> irl: example?
14:53:15 <karsten> were that analysis tickets that he didn't want us to close just yet?
14:53:32 <irl> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~nickm-cares&component=%5EMetrics&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&order=priority
14:53:59 <karsten> yes, I think that was that.
14:54:24 <karsten> I don't think we're expected to make much progress on those. but let's ask!
14:54:47 <irl> its good to check
14:54:51 <karsten> agreed.
14:55:06 <iwakeh> And, state that we already overassigned our resources ;-)
14:55:10 <karsten> hehe
14:55:14 <karsten> yes.
14:55:16 <irl> heh (:
14:55:20 <karsten> maybe they'll send more devs!!
14:55:33 <iwakeh> :-)
14:55:33 <irl> or at least coffee
14:55:34 <karsten> by the way:
14:55:36 <karsten> #24018
14:55:52 <karsten> we should think about what to do with that.
14:56:10 <karsten> basically, we're being asked to add new onionperf measurements.
14:56:12 <karsten> IIRC.
14:56:15 <karsten> IIUC.
14:56:38 <karsten> feel free to read the whole discussion after the meeting.
14:56:42 <iwakeh> ah, did rob write additional code for his tool?
14:56:58 <karsten> there's the more general question of what's in scope for metrics or network team.
14:57:10 <karsten> which we're silently ignoring by keeping some things in a gray area.
14:57:17 <karsten> iwakeh: not yet.
14:57:31 <iwakeh> ok
14:57:33 <karsten> maybe we should at some point define who does what.
14:58:02 <iwakeh> yes.
14:58:14 <karsten> I can see this going in either direction. but if we're expected to do more things, we'll need more resources.
14:58:30 <karsten> more beans.
14:58:38 <iwakeh> it is sort of a question of short term analysis and long term metrics data.
14:58:46 <karsten> right!
14:58:54 <iwakeh> arabica best blend :-)
14:59:02 <karsten> :D
14:59:32 <karsten> alright. something we could do next week:
14:59:41 <iwakeh> being able to send coffee virtually would be great!
14:59:57 <karsten> go through the list of open trac tickets tagged as metrics-2017 and make plans for resolving some of them in 2017.
15:00:01 <karsten> it would!
15:00:37 <iwakeh> fine. In the team meeting?
15:00:37 <karsten> anyway. I think we ran out of topics for today!
15:00:40 <karsten> sure.
15:00:56 <iwakeh> I'm fine.
15:01:01 <karsten> great!
15:01:10 <karsten> anything else from you, irl?
15:01:18 <irl> i think i'm out of things
15:01:29 <karsten> cool!
15:01:43 <karsten> see you tomorrow, maybe. otherwise email, trac, next week!
15:01:50 <irl> one non-meeting thing
15:01:50 <karsten> thanks and bye, bye!
15:01:50 <iwakeh> bye, bye!
15:01:54 <karsten> yes?
15:02:05 <irl> metrics-bot sits in tor-test if you want to spam it to try out features
15:02:05 <karsten> shall I stop the recorder?
15:02:15 <karsten> in #tor-test?
15:02:18 <irl> yep
15:02:22 <irl> i don't have a hash key
15:02:27 <karsten> sounds good, will do.
15:02:30 <karsten> haha
15:02:45 <karsten> okay. bye, bye!
15:02:48 <irl> bye!
15:02:50 <karsten> #endmeeting