19:03:02 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor browser
19:03:02 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov 13 19:03:02 2017 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:03:02 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:03:18 <GeKo> so, a bit late bit still...
19:03:23 <isabela> :)
19:03:38 <GeKo> status updates i guess, who is first today?
19:04:17 * boklm can go
19:04:31 <boklm> This past week I finished cleaning the Windows 64 patches, and they have now been merged. And I helped build the new releases.
19:04:32 <GeKo> please do!
19:04:34 <boklm> This week I'm planning to publish the new releases, then finish #23738 and start looking at #21998 and #24154.
19:04:39 <boklm> That's it for me.
19:05:08 <GeKo> who is next?
19:05:10 * mcs can go next
19:05:10 <pospeselr> I can go
19:05:12 <pospeselr> nm
19:05:13 <mcs> go ahead
19:05:18 <pospeselr> alright light update for me
19:05:37 <pospeselr> was traveling last week mostly away from internet
19:06:19 <pospeselr> GeKo figured out the issue I was having with my weird firefox build (turns out building with gcc 7 breaks things for some reason)
19:08:04 <pospeselr> yesterday I was able to verify my patch fixes #23016 on the stable series
19:08:44 <pospeselr> on the alpha series printing fails when you set the javascript.use_us_english_locale to false (though that flag is enabled by default)
19:09:05 <pospeselr> currently working on fixing the patch so OSX builds
19:09:07 <pospeselr> and that's it for me
19:09:29 <GeKo> ah, you set it already to review
19:09:42 <GeKo> will see if it breaks the osx build for me as well :)
19:09:54 <GeKo> what do you plan to work on next week?
19:10:52 <pospeselr> so I can either go and do the work for porting over the printing sandbox fixes (since I'm already in the printing space)
19:11:37 <pospeselr> there was another issue (don't remember the # at the moment) related to downloading PDFs not working correctly in some instances
19:12:15 <GeKo> yes, doing the backport might be a good idea to learn how we do that in our context
19:12:29 <pospeselr> ok, that makes sense to me!
19:12:33 <GeKo> what you couuld do as well once your english_locale patch is ready
19:12:48 <GeKo> is opening a buug at bugzilla because mozilla is affected, too
19:12:54 <GeKo> they basically merged our patch
19:13:05 <GeKo> that way you would learn that process, too
19:13:42 <pospeselr> ok sounds good!  who should I be bugging when I run into issues here? You? Arthur?
19:13:45 <GeKo> feel free to Cc me and i can push things in the right direction in case that's necessary
19:13:48 <GeKo> :)
19:13:54 <pospeselr> ok excellent :)
19:14:00 <GeKo> you can bug arhur as well i guess
19:14:04 <GeKo> *arthur
19:14:25 <GeKo> the plan would be to get your patch upstreamed so that it makes it into esr 59
19:14:36 <arthuredelstein> Yep, bug me anytime
19:14:42 <GeKo> that would save us one patch to bacport
19:14:45 <GeKo> argh
19:14:48 <GeKo> *backport
19:14:54 <GeKo> alright
19:14:57 <GeKo> who is next?
19:15:00 * arthuredelstein can go
19:15:11 <arthuredelstein> oh, wait, I think mcs was going to go first
19:15:19 <mcs> I will go
19:15:25 <mcs> Last week, Kathy and I revised our patches for #23261 and #23262 one more time.
19:15:34 <mcs> We did a quick review of #16678 and helped with bug triage.
19:15:40 <mcs> Then we made more progress on moat integration (#23136).
19:15:45 <mcs> We have now written most of the code for interaction with BridgeDB's moat server (although it is mostly untested).
19:15:51 <mcs> We still need to write the UI part that will fit within the Tor Launcher setup wizard.
19:15:57 <mcs> This week we plan to continue with this work.
19:16:00 <mcs> That’s all for us.
19:16:02 <GeKo> mcs: isis should be ready with the server side
19:16:16 <mcs> I saw something about that in the backlog… good news!
19:16:16 <GeKo> at least there should be something testable on the other end
19:16:35 <mcs> It will be good to test against the real thing.
19:16:38 <GeKo> so getting the loose ends connected this week seems smart ;)
19:16:40 <isis> it's not deployed quite yet, but it's probably ready
19:16:57 <mcs> isis: awesome. let us know when we can poke at it.
19:17:16 <isis> i got distracted with a bridgeauth thing, let me undistract myself with moat for a bit and i'll ping you! :)
19:17:25 <mcs> ok; thx
19:17:57 <GeKo> arthuredelstein: i thikn you are up!
19:18:04 <arthuredelstein> OK!
19:18:15 <arthuredelstein> This past week I worked on #18101 for Windows. I finally found a solution that I think is tolerable and I am getting a patch ready.
19:18:29 <arthuredelstein> And I made some progress on #16352, which I hope to continue on this week.
19:18:40 <arthuredelstein> I did some work keeping exit timeout scans running for #21394. Daily results at https://arthuredelstein.net/exits
19:18:57 <arthuredelstein> I met with Mozilla's tor uplift team and we started triaging anti-fingerprinting tickets for the next phase of their project.
19:19:16 <arthuredelstein> Also this week I want to go back to #22343 and #23745 and finish those.
19:19:46 <GeKo> thanks!
19:19:48 <arthuredelstein> And I need to look into #24145.
19:19:53 <arthuredelstein> Plus I need to review #16678 and decide what's the right plan of action for that.
19:19:59 <arthuredelstein> that's it for me
19:20:19 <GeKo> arthuredelstein: you mean the crash on osx instead right?
19:21:23 <GeKo> #23930
19:21:45 <GeKo> if so, yes, please. i bet there are a bunch of users affected
19:21:52 <GeKo> and they can't use Tor Browser at all
19:22:11 <arthuredelstein> I guess I should look at both!
19:23:12 <GeKo> ah, the crash
19:23:16 <GeKo> *tor crash
19:23:19 <arthuredelstein> yeah, the osx one seems very likely related to the font whitelisting patch
19:23:36 <GeKo> so, please, if you want to look at a crash the osx one first
19:23:46 <GeKo> we have several users that reported this one to us
19:23:54 <GeKo> the windows one is the first reported of this kind
19:23:57 <arthuredelstein> yep, will do
19:24:07 <GeKo> and we have an order more windows users
19:24:09 <GeKo> thanks
19:24:24 <GeKo> i guess i'll go now
19:24:46 <GeKo> this week i was mainly busy with preparing the release and singing the stable series
19:25:01 <GeKo> we ran into some snags but should be good now i think
19:25:54 <GeKo> i started looking at #12420 and #20322 and wrote some comments to tbb-dev in rspect to the tor-in-firefox-meeting notes
19:26:20 <GeKo> i reviewed and tested #23261 and #23262 and they'll ship in 7.5a8
19:26:27 <GeKo> relly nice
19:27:25 <GeKo> i did some unrelated work, thinking about a new messaging app, and rewrote the application for a CCC talk
19:28:02 <GeKo> this week there is still more in my email backlog queue which i hope to fix, even though i am at the OTF meeting
19:28:17 <GeKo> i hope i can make progress on #12420 and #20322, too
19:28:20 <GeKo> we'll see
19:28:26 <GeKo> that's it for me
19:28:30 <GeKo> oh
19:28:56 <GeKo> i definitely need to update the roadmap incorporating all the feedback and wishes from the other teams
19:29:35 <GeKo> my plan is to have it ready by next week and we can look at the next meeting over it
19:30:06 <GeKo> who else is here for an update?
19:31:18 <GeKo> okay. items for discussion today?
19:31:26 <tjr> I don't think I have anything to report
19:32:19 <GeKo> ok
19:32:30 <GeKo> so, i have one request
19:32:41 <GeKo> could we move the meeting next week to tuesday?
19:32:51 <GeKo> i can't really make it on monday
19:32:58 <pospeselr> works for me
19:33:11 <boklm> works for me
19:33:12 <arthuredelstein> works for me too
19:33:41 <mcs> Tuesday is okay for Kathy and me
19:33:50 <GeKo> great
19:34:10 <GeKo> then i'll send a mail later around so we don't forget it
19:34:25 <GeKo> anything else for today?
19:35:12 <GeKo> thanks all then, *baf*
19:35:15 <GeKo> #endmeeting