15:58:56 <antonela> #startmeeting ux sync
15:58:56 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Jul 10 15:58:56 2018 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:58:56 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
15:59:04 <antonela> hello people!
16:00:00 <emmapeel> !
16:01:11 <nyinz> Hi
16:01:23 <antonela> hi helen!
16:01:46 <isabela> !
16:02:14 <antonela> to start, i put together a kind of roadmap for the UX team, isabela and I we still need to work on it but you can take a look here
16:02:20 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/grain/Axp7tzSEDo9beQ295CAxxh
16:02:40 <antonela> some of the items there are still ongoing from the last month, so its okey
16:03:17 <slacktopus> <hellais> (it seems like that requires permissions to access)
16:03:38 <antonela> ciao hellais!
16:03:38 <isabela> ah
16:03:41 <antonela> sorry, use it https://storm.torproject.org/shared/yKBIRUmmXACdrot99JchcTAXbuESfCjpWF6BUZmTsxa
16:04:18 <slacktopus> <hellais> Thanks!
16:04:28 <antonela> if you have any question, we can talk about them at the end
16:04:42 <antonela> lets start with the updates! who wants to start?
16:05:11 <isabela> i have a couple :)
16:05:23 <hiro> ok I can go next
16:05:40 <antonela> go for it isa
16:05:45 <isabela> phase2 of sponsor9 was submitted - thanks everyone! I am working on the countries doc today
16:05:50 <antonela> \o/
16:06:12 <isabela> i am also going to work today on the udpates we will make at the playstores for tb for android alpha release
16:06:24 <isabela> done :)
16:06:48 <antonela> related with TBA, that is great
16:06:59 <antonela> i want to back to TBA work this week
16:07:07 <antonela> hiro, you next?
16:07:08 * isabela too
16:07:19 <hiro> yep
16:07:27 <antonela> TBA = Tor Browser Android
16:07:30 <hiro> so with Emma we are working to make the translation process easier
16:08:01 <hiro> there is a Lektor plugin that should make our life easier with transifex
16:08:08 <antonela> oh wow
16:08:11 <hiro> and we are using that
16:08:34 <hiro> and should also allow translators to work on smallest thing, like localizing the footer for example if we wanted that
16:08:46 <hiro> I mean strings that are in the templates
16:08:51 <hiro> not just stuff in the content and databags
16:09:08 <hiro> also last week we got a few contributions from Kevin
16:09:32 <hiro> we were using oniongit for that before and have already switched to github and it's working ok
16:10:04 <isabela> ! thats a lot going on :)
16:10:07 <antonela> hiro, you also moved all our things to github, thanks for doing it!
16:10:13 <isabela> tx o/
16:10:22 * flexlibris is kind of around again if needed!
16:10:36 <antonela> flexlibris <3
16:10:54 <flexlibris> hi hi!
16:11:09 <hiro> and then one last thing I was chatting with the guy that setup this at EFF https://www.eff.org/search/site/gdpr
16:11:20 <hiro> to understand what kind of issues they have been having using solr and such
16:11:31 <antonela> for the search?
16:11:36 <hiro> yes
16:11:41 <isabela> ah nice
16:11:52 <hiro> isabela I sent you an update not sure you saw it :)
16:12:21 <isabela> probably not :(
16:12:22 <isabela> sorry
16:12:29 <hiro> no worries! anyways he told me they do not have redundancy with solr
16:12:47 <hiro> and yes they do get attacks sometimes - but not that often
16:13:00 <hiro> and what they do is they start looking at the logs and block certain requests
16:13:19 <emmapeel> i have been looking at this plugin with hiro, also did some more credentials and talks with Phoul finally too. i am looking onto how to reuse the content already translated in transifex with our new translation files
16:13:33 <emmapeel> oops sorry please keep going hiro
16:13:35 <hiro> which is basically like running a load balancer "manually". I have also another few ideas too
16:13:53 <hiro> I will reply to the email and we could also sync later
16:13:59 <hiro> done. and groot.
16:14:15 <emmapeel> ok, so i have been looking at this plugin with hiro, also did some more credentials and talks with Phoul finally too. i am looking onto how to reuse the content already translated in transifex with our new translation files
16:14:34 <isabela> hiro: sounds good
16:15:24 <antonela> emma is anything else left from Phoul side that you need?
16:15:55 <emmapeel> probably a couple more questions about transifex and the host where the translations are updated
16:16:15 <emmapeel> access has been asked although not yet granted
16:16:51 <isabela> is like in a ticket? and this is not just for sites but all translations like tb ones, correct?
16:17:47 <emmapeel> there are tickets for the acess to servers, yes, phul opened them. is about all translation> tbb, support portal, everything
16:18:20 <emmapeel> bridgedb, https everywhere...
16:18:25 <isabela> cool
16:18:30 <antonela> oka, so he has it on his plate
16:19:18 <antonela> cool, anything else emma?
16:20:06 <emmapeel> nope. i am not so scared anymore with this plugin... it looks it standardizes much more the l10n, compared to the ' alternatives' hack in vanilla lektor. i was a bit scared for most of last week
16:20:20 <antonela> haha, good to know
16:20:28 <emmapeel> (i was lost, but now im found)
16:20:52 <hiro> you woke emmapeel :D
16:20:58 <isabela> hehe
16:21:30 <emmapeel> yeah!
16:21:33 <antonela> haha
16:21:48 <antonela> great, thanks emma!
16:21:59 <antonela> nyinz, you around?
16:23:04 * antonela about emma's lostandfound http://www.evanmcohen.com/portfolio/7s7g30mx5t9s4nx65e25grd6y7zoqy
16:24:22 <antonela> so, we can wait for helen, i can go next :)
16:24:22 <isabela> ahahaha
16:24:48 <nyinz> am here!
16:24:51 <antonela> ohoh sorry!
16:25:02 <antonela> do you have any update for us :)
16:25:07 <nyinz> sure
16:26:08 <nyinz> so the data from Mumbai, Valencia and Spain is telling a lot...Am working on codifying the insights
16:26:24 <nyinz> me and Gus will be in Nairobi soon!
16:26:31 <antonela> yes!
16:26:50 <nyinz> Now trying to figure out logistics and training structures
16:27:05 <nyinz> we hope to aso do some UX training in Mombasa
16:27:26 <nyinz> All in all more that 4 stakeholders
16:28:35 <isabela> nice to see this happening!
16:28:56 <emmapeel> sounds great
16:30:14 <antonela> that's cool helen!
16:30:25 <antonela> about to have problems + hypotesis section in the country results, the answer is yes. Go for it!
16:31:13 <nyinz> I do however need help setting up my MIRC account and working with the Harvest app. Anyone with advice?
16:31:42 <isabela> i think pastly is a good person for the MIRC
16:31:48 <isabela> i can help you with Harvest :)
16:32:04 <nyinz> cool! thanks Isa
16:32:06 <antonela> yes, pastly is the IRC human
16:32:10 <isabela> hahaha
16:32:15 <nyinz> haha really?
16:32:23 <antonela> he *knows*
16:32:25 <emmapeel> heh... regarding irc, i found out there is a host that provides irc
16:33:04 <emmapeel> in case anybody wants to set up a screen session with irssi. it works with OTR :D
16:33:20 <pastly> If you'd like an account on my bouncer at https://ircbouncer.system33.pw/ nyinz, email me at pastly@tp.o
16:34:21 <nyinz> sure thing. thx!
16:35:55 <antonela> we have a core irssi mantainer around us
16:36:12 <isabela> hehe
16:36:19 <antonela> emmapeel: if you need something about it
16:36:33 <emmapeel> i am a happy irssi user
16:36:49 <antonela> :)
16:37:05 <antonela> cool! helen, anything else?
16:37:51 <kushal> antonela, who?
16:38:10 <antonela> nyinz
16:38:19 <antonela> ^
16:38:19 <nyinz> uh I am not sure how you do bookings? Gus mentioned a service you all are part of.
16:38:36 <antonela> oh yes
16:38:51 <antonela> let me dm you with this information after the meeting
16:39:00 <nyinz> k
16:39:04 <antonela> ggus and you should book those trips this week i heard
16:39:47 <antonela> nyinz are you in #tor-internal? or not yet?
16:40:26 <nyinz> Email list yes!
16:40:41 <antonela> cool, and irc channel?
16:40:45 <nyinz> here on IRC no
16:40:55 * kushal has a question for open floor.
16:40:57 <antonela> oka, i'll see how to fix that
16:41:52 <antonela> kushal: sure!, after updates, we have time for questions :)
16:43:19 <antonela> nyinz, you good?
16:44:11 <nyinz> yes!
16:44:19 <antonela> cool, thanks!
16:44:35 <antonela> on my side, I wrote down Colombia's trip notes. I shared with you over email because we have sensible information there.
16:44:47 <antonela> Also, I set up with flexlibris the activities that the UX team is going to facilitate/run during Mexico; those are:
16:44:58 <antonela> 1) Who are Tor users? Persona tool presentation and recap about our S9 travels this year
16:44:58 <antonela> 2) TB8 Alpha Desktop and TB for Android User Testing
16:44:58 <antonela> 3) Torproject.org + support.tpo + community.tpo presentation
16:45:12 <flexlibris> :D
16:45:24 <antonela> all of those are work in progress and i'll ping you people of the team to run them with me, for sure :D
16:46:10 <antonela> about github move: so, I didn’t touch ux repos yet, but i forked /styleguide :)
16:46:30 <antonela> i know isa is working on sorting that but i'm anxious, are we going to have any sync with trac or not for now or maybe in the future?
16:47:01 <antonela> - we can talk about that later =
16:47:19 <isabela> yes, i plan on collecting all teams responses and build the plan
16:47:25 <isabela> sorry it will take a bit
16:47:34 <antonela> i know, thanks isa for think about our repos!
16:47:35 <antonela> haha
16:47:41 <isabela> ehehe
16:47:46 <antonela> also, ooni folks (who are using slack to run this meetings, if you prefer) are going to start a user research for the new probe app they have been developing
16:48:16 <antonela> nyinz i would love if you sync with them to see what they are doing, if they need any help and we can share what/how we are doing things here now
16:48:46 <antonela> i hope that we can join forces with ooni designers+researchers <3
16:49:33 <antonela> for this week, i need to back to the designer's hat, i have tickets for Tor Browser and for Tor Browser Android which I need to work with
16:49:47 <antonela> mostly onboarding for both
16:49:58 <nyinz> ok. Very nice. We can talk later about who is the focal person/people I should be intouch with
16:50:10 <antonela> super, thanks nyinz
16:50:21 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Oh my, is this the UX meeting?
16:50:25 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I missed it again
16:50:29 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I am here though!
16:50:32 <antonela> haha
16:50:34 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> (for what's worth it)
16:50:36 <antonela> hola elio!
16:50:59 <emmapeel> technically you haven't missed it, although you did arrive late
16:51:03 <antonela> cool, nyinz is our user research coordinator, she will ping you to sync about the research you are about to start
16:51:12 <antonela> elioqoshi ^
16:51:20 <antonela> not sure how mentions work in your slack world
16:51:37 <hiro> I think with @?
16:51:46 <antonela> @elioqoshi
16:51:51 <antonela> hiro: should be
16:52:01 <antonela> i feel quite dumb doing @ here in irc haha
16:52:19 <antonela> oka, that is mostly all my side
16:52:21 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> That worked
16:52:33 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Superb, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:
16:53:15 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Is there anything else specifically I can help out with?
16:53:30 <emmapeel> #action: nyinz will ping  elioqoshi about the research  about to start
16:53:43 <antonela> elioqoshi, well i have a lot of things going on, not sure about your availability
16:53:57 <antonela> i'd like to work with you on Tor Browser icon
16:54:20 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I'd be happy to help with that as I said
16:54:21 <antonela> i have plans to make it in a open process :), we can invite friends from opensourcedesign :)
16:54:31 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Yeah that sounds great
16:54:36 <antonela> will ping you later about it
16:54:41 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Also, if you need a reason to visit us:
16:54:52 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> https://opensourcedesign.net/summit/
16:55:02 <antonela> ohh you got the localship
16:55:03 <antonela> ahha
16:55:12 <antonela> cool!
16:55:23 <antonela> thanks for sharing @elioqoshi
16:55:27 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Eileen from Simply Secure will be there too most likely
16:55:39 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> and others from OSD. It's mostly a meta working session between designers
16:55:52 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Not much inspirational talks and similar
16:55:54 <emmapeel> nice
16:55:58 <antonela> she is extremely cool!
16:56:16 <antonela> we are almost in the hour!
16:56:20 <antonela> kushal, do you have a question?
16:58:28 <kushal> What is the best place to provide feedback on the alpha releases? In particular about UX etc?
16:59:57 <isabela> if you would like to document  your feedback you could do it in a ticket
17:00:04 <antonela> https://blog.torproject.org/new-release-tor-browser-80a9
17:00:12 <isabela> there too :)
17:00:25 <antonela> give feedback and report back section gives you some ideas about how to report things :)
17:01:04 <antonela> we have people from the community team monitoring it often
17:01:30 <antonela> if you have any specific about ux, yes you can open a ticket and mention the ux-team tag
17:01:57 <antonela> cool, we are done! is everybody groot?
17:03:10 <antonela> i think so :)
17:03:11 <hiro> groot
17:03:11 <antonela> #endmeeting