18:05:07 <GeKo> #startmeeting
18:05:07 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jul 16 18:05:07 2018 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:05:07 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:05:12 <pospeselr> hi!
18:05:26 <GeKo> the pad url is as usual: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N
18:06:02 <isabela> GeKo: !!
18:06:04 <GeKo> please mark your items bold if you want to talk about it
18:06:07 <GeKo> yes!
18:06:25 <GeKo> hm, is boklm already gone?
18:07:02 <pospeselr> i think so, his section was already filled in around 9 am this morning
18:07:31 <GeKo> okay, that's unfortunate but here we are
18:08:02 <GeKo> tjr: if you are around, then you are up
18:08:37 <tjr> I am
18:08:51 <sukhe> tjr: could this be related to the specific machine you are building?
18:09:00 <tjr> Great progress on mingw build with clang as noted; but this ulimit thing has me blocked
18:09:11 <tjr> i think i might need to edit the file in the container template or something?
18:09:54 <tjr> sukhe: I presume that my build container is going to be identical to everyone else's
18:10:55 <sukhe> that's true
18:11:05 <GeKo> tjr: that's on the mozilla side of things?
18:11:39 <GeKo> or is that a tor-browser-build question?
18:11:49 <tjr> my ulimit problem is tor-browser-build
18:12:18 <GeKo> i have not checked most of my mail let alone my bug mail
18:12:34 <GeKo> is there are comment describing the problem and the error you get?
18:12:52 <GeKo> i could look at it but i guess we'd need a boklm for that
18:13:06 <tjr> I'll write it up and add it to the bug
18:13:23 <GeKo> thanks.
18:14:09 <GeKo> tjr: great stuff re ming-w64/clang. really exciting
18:14:14 <GeKo> *mingw-w64
18:14:39 <GeKo> + the fuzzyfox work
18:15:01 <GeKo> and, yes, i'd be happy to play with it in some tor browser nightly or alpha
18:15:40 <sukhe> yeah. finally we will have proper debug symbols as well! (sorry, that is what currently excites me given #26476)
18:16:26 <GeKo> agreed!
18:16:44 <GeKo> okay, i have just two things
18:17:21 <GeKo> the first is a reminder to use the "status:" means to communicate what you are working on
18:18:04 <GeKo> that's helpful to keep everyone up-to-date under the week
18:18:36 <GeKo> the other item: please ping me if something is urgent
18:18:50 <GeKo> i try to dig myself out of my backlog as fast as i can
18:19:15 <GeKo> but if something needs my attention immediately please let me know
18:20:01 <GeKo> pospeselr: you are up!
18:20:43 <pospeselr> hey hi, nothing to really discuss, just wanted to bring some tickets that need review to y'alls attention
18:20:55 <pospeselr> the #26456 patch is small and straight forward
18:21:05 <pospeselr> the patch for #26450 is also small, but the approach feels dirty to me
18:21:11 <pospeselr> so if any of you have any better ideas on that
18:21:15 <pospeselr> hmm ok not 26450
18:21:31 <pospeselr> #26540
18:21:45 <pospeselr> that's all
18:22:10 <GeKo> i try to get to them this week
18:22:47 <GeKo> igt0: reading your update i remembered #26189
18:23:13 <GeKo> we don't need this one anymore (at least that's the current assumption)
18:24:03 <GeKo> i wonder if you would think it worthwhile testing this on a mobile context
18:24:27 <igt0> yeah there is a fix in FF. However I think  we need to investigate what is the impact of contentaccessible=yes in the chrome.manifest and the FF fix
18:24:28 <GeKo> and if that's true we could indeed make the code less complex and rip it out
18:24:37 <GeKo> okay
18:24:51 <GeKo> then let's probably keep it as-is
18:24:58 <igt0> I will add a comment in the bug about it.
18:25:11 <GeKo> and investigate it later given that we are planning to get tba out asap
18:25:53 <GeKo> arthuredelstein: you are up
18:26:10 <arthuredelstein> hi, just a dumb question. I frequently get disconnected and typing has a big lag on storm doc :P
18:26:14 <arthuredelstein> is it just me?
18:26:30 <pospeselr> no me too
18:26:35 <sukhe> not just you I think. I usually type it some place else and paste it there
18:26:38 <pospeselr> i assumed it was my janky cafe wifi
18:28:08 <GeKo> so, should we try something else?
18:28:09 <arthuredelstein> yeah, cutting and pasting is probably the best solution for me.
18:28:18 <mahrud> arthuredelstein: did you mean #14952 in your notes?
18:28:19 <mcs> I don’t usualy get disconnected but it is definitely laggy. I do the compose elsewhere and copy/paste thing.
18:28:31 <mahrud> 14592 doesn't seem to exist
18:28:33 <arthuredelstein> etherpad on risup usually works much better for me.
18:28:39 <arthuredelstein> mahrud: oops, sorry, yes
18:29:10 <mahrud> Great, I actually wanted to ask about that and see if I can help in anyway, though I can ask you offline
18:29:25 <arthuredelstein> mahrud: Yes! I'm hoping to have a patch soon and it would be great if you can test it
18:29:54 <mahrud> Sounds good!
18:30:36 <arthuredelstein> mahrud: thanks!
18:31:40 <GeKo> arthuredelstein: let's keep the etherpad idea in mind. if folks think we should migrate away from storm because it is too weird to use then that#s fine with me
18:31:56 <GeKo> at least in general
18:32:20 <GeKo> it seems not everyone on the team is here today, though, thus, we should wait a bit so everyone could have a say
18:32:46 <arthuredelstein> GeKo: Yes, makes sense. Obviously I can cut and paste in the meantime
18:34:33 <GeKo> okay, sukhe: i answered your item
18:34:48 <GeKo> let me know if you need something else/or want to do something else
18:35:05 <sukhe> GeKo: thanks
18:35:09 <GeKo> what's the state of #12968?
18:36:27 <sukhe> the same as in comment:25. but I picked up a new strategy, I am looking at projects which enable this and trying to see what flags are they using and then trying to build using those
18:36:36 <sukhe> not much success so far
18:37:23 <GeKo> okay.
18:38:21 <GeKo> isabela: i wonder if your request maps to one of our discussion items?
18:38:28 <GeKo> maybe the github thing?
18:38:31 <isabela> ahh
18:38:34 <isabela> i forgot that one!
18:38:36 <isabela> ;)
18:38:57 <GeKo> hah, so you have another request? go for it!
18:39:00 <isabela> the launch date for tba was something i wanted to check in what ppl are thinking
18:39:59 <isabela> (the sponsor8 one is just a reminder :)
18:40:17 <isabela> igt0: sysrqb -> how you are feeling about picking a release date?
18:40:38 <GeKo> where are we from the ux side?
18:40:41 <GeKo> antonela: ^
18:41:07 <isabela> we dont need to have a date date just an estimation
18:42:18 <GeKo> isabela: i have not synced with sysrqb or igt0 let alone with antonela
18:42:33 <GeKo> so, it's a bit hard right now but before i left for vacation
18:42:40 <GeKo> we thought end of july would be doable
18:42:41 <antonela> i updated #25696 about onboarding
18:43:10 <isabela> k
18:43:16 <antonela> thanks sysrqb for the .apk!
18:43:25 <isabela> we can catch up on this later then
18:43:39 <antonela> yes, or we can get the wednesday's meeting back :)
18:44:17 <GeKo> isabela: some sync this week might be useful
18:44:38 <GeKo> i am free most of the time i think
18:44:48 <isabela> ok
18:45:05 <isabela> will follow up on the email thread
18:45:21 <GeKo> thx
18:45:45 <antonela> super, thanks
18:46:09 <igt0> I would *guess* that we need more 3 weeks for the alpha, most of the things are working(i am not sure about the UX stuff :/), we just need to start to integrate/reviewing them(and the whole process can take some time).
18:47:18 <GeKo> we'll see :)
18:47:42 <isabela> cool~
18:47:43 <isabela> !
18:48:12 <GeKo> discussion then:
18:48:54 <mahrud> Quick fyi: I'll be giving a 20 minute talk at defcon in ~4 weeks about the onion alt-svc's
18:49:03 <GeKo> so, yes, according to what i read on #tor-dev the sandboxing meeting will be at 1500 UTC in this cahnnel on 7/24
18:49:22 <GeKo> mahrud: great! is there anything you'd need from us?
18:49:46 <antonela> mahrud: cool!
18:50:22 <mahrud> I think arthuredelstein's work on 14952 and #24553is the main thing
18:50:39 <mahrud> mostly because otherwise people would have to go to about:config to test it, and that's not a great idea
18:51:01 <GeKo> i think that's doable in the remaining 3-4 weeks
18:51:15 <GeKo> (at least that's my impression i got from arthur working on this)
18:51:43 <arthuredelstein> yes, I think so.
18:51:50 <arthuredelstein> Are we planning an alpha release before then?
18:52:06 <GeKo> i'd say "yes"
18:52:31 <mahrud> That would be great actually, so I can tell people to go test it during the talk
18:53:03 <GeKo> arthuredelstein: i thought about having one end of july/begin of august
18:53:31 <mahrud> I'll also start writing a blog post about it soon which I'll send it to stephw
18:53:38 <GeKo> basically in the week after your vacation
18:53:53 <arthuredelstein> looks like defcon is aug 9-12
18:54:20 <GeKo> 30/7-8/1 was my plan
18:55:09 <GeKo> mahrud: if things with the alpha are not working out we can ship it in nightlies at least
18:55:16 <GeKo> so you have some bundles folks can download
18:56:29 <GeKo> okay, so, the second item on the discussion list is for thinking about possible session ideas for the dev meeting in mexico
18:56:42 <GeKo> that's for the open days
18:57:00 <GeKo> i wanted to mention it already now to keep everyone thinking about it
18:57:25 <GeKo> so that we have something we can commit to when that deadline is approaching
18:57:49 <GeKo> i'll bring this up in meetings when we get closer to the dev meeting
18:58:08 <GeKo> but if anyone already has ideas, please say so and/or add it to the pad
18:58:50 <GeKo> my last item is the thread isabela started on tbb-dev about using github in some capacity
18:59:42 <GeKo> it seems we are running out of time for today
19:00:00 <GeKo> so, please reply to that thread if you have suggestions
19:00:11 <sukhe> ok
19:00:19 <GeKo> i can bring this up next week again for an actual discussion during the meeting if that's needed
19:00:50 <isabela> i will bug you all on that too :P
19:00:55 <mcs> let’s not start doing anything with github until after we ship 8.0 :)
19:01:08 <isabela> :)
19:01:11 <mcs> (unless it is really important somehow)
19:01:47 <GeKo> mcs: agreed!
19:01:56 <GeKo> and good point
19:02:13 <GeKo> okay, do we have anything else for today?
19:03:21 <GeKo> thanks everyone then *baf*
19:03:24 <GeKo> #endmeeting