19:00:26 <antonela> #startmeeting tba alpha sync
19:00:26 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Jul 18 19:00:26 2018 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:26 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:32 <antonela> hi folks!
19:00:36 <stephw> hi
19:00:49 <antonela> quick agenda for this meeting:
19:01:15 <antonela> 1. what is left for TBA alpha
19:01:15 <antonela> 2. how we are with TB8 bugs for next alpha
19:01:15 <antonela> 3. how things are going with content/community
19:01:48 <antonela> please, add what you consider!
19:03:30 <antonela> kanban -> https://storm.torproject.org/grain/29yNEWgihRh6xJXgzssKRf/b/sandstorm/libreboard
19:03:44 <antonela> pad -> https://storm.torproject.org/grain/jTD7wpMXp2YJnn7pnW8eG9
19:04:00 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/IcR1Z_i2yLhlHR_7rT64cZ8Um9bcG2vNSl_W-76ClC1 ^
19:04:05 <sysrqb> o/
19:05:38 <antonela> sysrqb , igt0 i have been playing with the .apk, thanks for sharing!
19:05:45 <sysrqb> yay!
19:05:45 <antonela> also, i updated
19:05:53 <antonela> #25696
19:06:20 <antonela> with the tabs version -- stephw there is a pad with the content isa share with us for desktop
19:06:36 <antonela> tba alpha version will not have circuits display nor security slider
19:06:58 <GeKo> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/cNDjkdn-3gfH6Mz5_vDjjzu4cLZY7HYDb9NmmTLLXcp
19:07:05 <antonela> and some things will change a bit, if you can take a look would be great
19:07:08 <GeKo> is the kanban version which might be easier accessible
19:07:48 <stephw> antonela: sorry, im not following
19:07:52 <stephw> what do you want me to take a look at?
19:08:16 <antonela> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/25696#comment:11 <- i created a pad
19:08:31 <antonela> with the onboarding copy isa shared with us for desktop
19:08:32 <stephw> ok cool thanks!
19:09:01 <ggus> hey! :)
19:09:29 <antonela> on dev side, what is remaining for the alpha? how we can help?
19:09:34 <antonela> rehi gus!
19:10:38 <GeKo> we track all things in #26531. right now we need to get all the patches updated and added to esr60 tor browser
19:11:06 <GeKo> this will close a bunch of child tickets of this parent ticket when done
19:11:48 <GeKo> i guess we need to provide timely feedback for #25696 and then settle on a final version
19:12:05 <GeKo> so helping with that is i guess the most important part on your side
19:12:29 <antonela> cool
19:12:47 <GeKo> i have no clue how to implement the onboarding, though
19:12:57 <GeKo> might need a bit of time to figure that out
19:13:40 <antonela> i made the tabs version because it follows the current Firefox's one
19:13:54 <antonela> so, i think it will make thinks easier
19:13:59 <antonela> *things
19:14:26 <igt0> the onboard code lives here https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/mobile/android/base/java/org/mozilla/gecko/firstrun
19:14:30 <GeKo> do we have the content ready for what we want to say?
19:14:35 <igt0> We would need to add the strings and change the https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/mobile/android/base/java/org/mozilla/gecko/firstrun/PanelConfig.java
19:15:12 <igt0> and https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/source/mobile/android/base/java/org/mozilla/gecko/firstrun/FirstrunPagerConfig.java
19:15:32 <antonela> GeKo, isabela shared with stephw and me the content for the desktop version. I'm using the same one for mobile, but a few things might change
19:15:53 <GeKo> okay, i am asking as there is e.g. no "Orfox"
19:16:06 <GeKo> (anymore when tba is launching)
19:16:25 <GeKo> but your mockup is still claiming it
19:16:39 <antonela> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tba-alpha-onboarding
19:17:11 <antonela> yes
19:17:56 <antonela> im wondering how much of those features that we have in desktop we will have for the 'final' alpha
19:18:09 <antonela> because this alpha we are going to release this month, is not the same alpha we are going to have in three months
19:19:02 <GeKo> yes. we probably need to adjust the onboarding over time
19:19:15 <GeKo> but that's not much different from desktop if new features get added
19:20:18 <GeKo> antonela: what features are you thinking about?
19:20:25 <antonela> cool, so is okey for you to adjust the onboarding over the next releases?
19:20:37 <antonela> circuit display, onion padlock, security settings came to my mind
19:20:57 <flexlibris> sorry I just got booted for a few minutes... internet is bad where I am
19:23:04 <sysrqb> antonela: yes, i think we should adjust the onboarding as more features are added
19:23:44 <antonela> cool
19:25:04 <antonela> i don't think TB8 alpha bugs are a topic for this meeting, so if you are ok we can move to 3
19:25:12 <antonela> :)
19:25:27 <GeKo> antonela: i think neither of those features is available, although i am not sure about the security settings yet.
19:26:10 <GeKo> igt0: would we get that by shipping torbutton?
19:26:15 <sysrqb> right, i didn't tell you, security slider isn't available
19:26:41 <sysrqb> we can load torbutton, and i *think* it does circuit isolation - but that needs additional testing
19:26:55 <sysrqb> but the UI isn't available
19:27:17 <GeKo> thus, plenty of opporuntities to adapt the future onboarding :)
19:27:25 <GeKo> *opportunities
19:27:26 <antonela> yes, i asked igt0 about it today because i wasn't sure
19:27:29 <antonela> oh yes
19:27:45 <igt0> torbutton security slider doesn't render properly on mobile. I am trying to make it work on mobile, it is WIP.
19:28:09 <sysrqb> cool
19:28:10 <GeKo> great
19:29:50 <sysrqb> if onboarding text will be similar or the same between desktop and android, maybe we can re-use the translation from torlauncher
19:30:19 <sysrqb> instead of having nearly identical translations for both
19:30:49 <antonela> i'd like to have a shorter version for mobile, but it will be progressive work
19:31:22 <sysrqb> kk
19:32:53 <antonela> cool, can we move to 3? i saw flexlibris and ggus working for this release :)
19:33:08 <flexlibris> yooooo
19:33:22 <flexlibris> we are currently working on the docs for TB 8.0 desktop. TBA will be next.
19:33:48 <flexlibris> it shouldn't take us too long. ggus is on the manual and I am on the support articles.
19:33:57 <flexlibris> and then once those are done we'll start working on TBA stuff. that will take a bit longer because there is no TB Android manual at all, so we have to write the whole thing/
19:35:03 <antonela> yesss!
19:35:17 <sysrqb> do you think you'll finish the desktop docs within the next week?
19:35:52 <flexlibris> I want to say yes but also I have to go to HOPE all weekend so that might take away from my time
19:35:52 <flexlibris> but yes I HOPE SO
19:35:52 <GeKo> flexlibris: ggus: if you have questions dev related for the docs let us know
19:35:55 <flexlibris> get it HOPE
19:35:55 * flexlibris sees herself out
19:35:56 <antonela> i was about to ask if the TB8 changes are clear enough for you guys to write docs about it
19:36:04 <flexlibris> will do
19:36:10 <flexlibris> I think they are yes
19:36:16 <antonela> yes, what geko said
19:36:20 <antonela> cool
19:36:21 <flexlibris> we have all the writeups that this group has shared
19:36:26 <flexlibris> about the changes
19:36:42 <flexlibris> ggus anything I'm missing?
19:36:58 <ggus> i think that's it :)
19:37:02 <antonela> super -- if anything is not clear just ping us
19:37:08 <sysrqb> okay, cool. i know the rest of this week will be busy, thanks
19:37:09 <flexlibris> we will probably reach out for Android screenshots. actually if any of you are so inclined to send us them in advance that will help us get started for the mobile stuff.
19:37:56 <flexlibris> okay will do
19:37:59 <sysrqb> sure, we do do that!
19:38:02 <antonela> GeKo is a new tb8 alpha planned for this month? or next?
19:38:04 <flexlibris> and yeah we will check in at the next meeting about our progress
19:38:11 <antonela> flexlibris we have an .apk that you can install
19:38:27 <sysrqb> flexlibris: you'll need screenshots for similar topics as desktop, i'm guessing?
19:38:49 <flexlibris> great
19:38:57 <ggus> about the apk: if we have feedback, how do we send to you? in the sync meeting?
19:39:00 <flexlibris> sysrqb well no because I have it downloaded
19:39:19 <flexlibris> I just don't have an Android
19:39:19 <flexlibris> maybe ggus does
19:39:41 <ggus> yes, and i already installed it on my old phone :)
19:39:58 <sysrqb> flexlibris: right, yeah, sorry - i'm just thining about sending you screenshots before you start working onit
19:40:10 <flexlibris> great
19:40:10 <flexlibris> so I can steal your screenshots :)
19:40:19 <antonela> yee me too, im not sure if we should report things related with orbot <> tba, will it be useful?
19:40:24 <sysrqb> we can take screenshots of the screens for similar topics as are covered by the desktop manual
19:40:28 <flexlibris> you can do that
19:40:28 <flexlibris> we'll take them
19:40:39 <sysrqb> or if you already have a list of things you'll want to cover, then we can take screenshots based on that :)
19:40:47 <flexlibris> yeah exactly
19:40:54 <GeKo> antonela: i hope we can get another one out in two weeks
19:41:07 <flexlibris> we will cover the same topics basically plus something about Orbot
19:41:18 <flexlibris> cool sysrqb we can talk about it in person when I see you this weekend :D
19:41:21 <ggus> for example, there's "private tab" option in tba, we should remove this, bc everything is already private, right?
19:41:31 <sysrqb> ggus: i think you can ping me or igt0 - that may be the fastest way for providing feedback
19:41:40 <ggus> ok! :))
19:41:42 <sysrqb> ggus: heh, i have a ticket for that
19:41:44 <sysrqb> so yes :)
19:41:46 <ggus> boom!
19:41:57 <sysrqb> flexlibris: sounds good :)
19:42:27 <antonela> GeKo cool! i know arthur have been working with a lot of tickets for it, will sync with him about what is remaining on my side
19:42:38 <sysrqb> ggus: it will be #24920 (but repurposed for TBA)
19:43:24 <antonela> yes, is an issue we should handle at desktop too actually
19:43:29 <stephw> yes
19:43:38 <stephw> i created a ticket about that and cced ux
19:44:00 <antonela> i know!
19:44:02 <antonela> thanks :)
19:44:13 <stephw> cool :)
19:45:02 <antonela> stephw, i think isabela left comments/review in your docs, you have everything almost done :D
19:45:26 <stephw> yup, i just went through and resolved those!
19:45:49 <antonela> super
19:45:58 <stephw> i think one or two other items left are still on me
19:46:13 <antonela> yep, i need to provide you screenshots
19:47:59 <antonela> is there anything else that we need to talk about?
19:48:34 <antonela> there will be a lot of people out next week i think, but we can update the email thread if is ok
19:48:37 <GeKo> not from my side
19:48:50 <flexlibris> meet next week at the same time?
19:49:06 <antonela> it works for me!
19:49:07 <antonela> yes
19:49:09 <sysrqb> antonela: you mentioned reporting differences between orfox and tba
19:49:19 <sysrqb> are those UI/UX differences or bugs?
19:49:22 <antonela> haha no
19:49:43 <antonela> i have some frictions between getting orbot and tba for first time users
19:49:47 <sysrqb> ooh, borbot, not orfox :)
19:49:56 <sysrqb> *orbot
19:49:59 <sysrqb> i see, okay
19:50:17 <sysrqb> i think yes, you should tell us
19:50:35 <GeKo> flexlibris: works for me
19:50:39 <sysrqb> this won't be a problem for the first stablerelease, but it will be a problem for the alpha - so the next 5 months
19:51:01 <sysrqb> i can meet next week - so maybe only a small group
19:51:08 <antonela> sysrqb but I'm not sure if worth working on those if orbot will no longer be needed
19:51:46 <sysrqb> yeah, it may not be worth your time
19:51:54 <antonela> nor yours :)
19:52:32 <antonela> oka, next week same time, same channel
19:52:41 <sysrqb> kk
19:52:52 <flexlibris> cool. see you then people!
19:52:55 <antonela> cool, thanks all!
19:53:08 <ggus> thanks ppl!
19:53:18 <antonela> #endmeeting