19:10:05 <antonela> #startmeeting tba tb8 sync - next releases
19:10:05 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Aug  1 19:10:05 2018 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:10:05 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:10:24 <antonela> how are you all?
19:10:42 <sysrqb> o/
19:10:43 <antonela> let's have a quick sync about where we are with everything and what is left for our deliveries!
19:11:00 <sysrqb> sounds good
19:11:04 <sysrqb> getting closer!
19:11:42 <GeKo> so regarding releases
19:11:45 <GeKo> s
19:12:02 <isabela> !
19:12:03 <isabela> yo people
19:12:07 <emmapeel> i didnt had time to check up on the localization situation these days... sysrqb did you tried fastlane?
19:12:12 <GeKo> we decided that we want to try to get both the next desktop alpha and the mobile alpha out in the week of august 13
19:12:37 <GeKo> we want to have the onboarding ready before getting new releases out
19:12:45 <GeKo> to give it more testing and get better feedback
19:13:08 <isabela> ok
19:13:11 <GeKo> and there is a scary bug in the updater for win64 we want to understand better and get fixed in the upcoming release
19:13:24 <isabela> !
19:13:37 <antonela> GeKo, yes! that's cool -- im working with igt0 and mcs to provide everything what they need in order to have it done
19:13:46 <GeKo> yep, great
19:13:58 <sysrqb> emmapeel: (no, i haven't yet :/ )
19:14:15 <antonela> on my side, we are taking advantage for this two weeks and we are iterating again over illos, it is just an image-src replacement so i think we will be fine
19:14:30 <isabela> cool
19:14:43 * isabela wonders if ppl has things they need from me
19:14:54 <GeKo> i don't
19:14:56 <sysrqb> $$ :)
19:15:02 <GeKo> lol
19:15:20 <sysrqb> but no, i don't :)
19:15:48 <emmapeel> sysrqb: maybe you can check how orbot ppl did - is doing to get this files: https://gitweb.torproject.org/orbot.git/tree/description
19:16:37 <isabela> sysrqb: lol
19:17:19 <isabela> sysrqb: did you got access to play store tor thing?
19:17:27 <isabela> like the tor-project area where all apps are
19:17:44 <sysrqb> emmapeel: yep
19:18:07 <sysrqb> isabela: i don't think i did, should i have an email or something?
19:18:16 <sysrqb> but, also, i haven't tried
19:18:16 <isabela> nah
19:18:25 <isabela> i think that is something you need from me that i havent done yet
19:18:26 <sysrqb> did you add me? maybe it just works
19:18:27 <isabela> :)
19:18:32 <sysrqb> aaaah
19:18:42 <sysrqb> then no :)
19:19:14 <sysrqb> emmapeel: do we need localized play store for the first alpha release?
19:19:32 <sysrqb> i thought we would delay that until the next release
19:19:53 <emmapeel> we said maybe to localizae the store, but not the app itself, for the alpha. but it was a 'maybe'
19:20:12 <sysrqb> ah, right. okay
19:21:23 <sysrqb> antonela: i can/should build you a new version of the app, now we have a lot merged into tor-browser
19:21:30 <antonela> oh please
19:21:37 <antonela> i asked igt0 to gimme one today
19:21:46 <sysrqb> ah, okay
19:21:53 <sysrqb> if he's doing it then that's good
19:22:15 <antonela> well, if you have one just send it over email :)
19:22:35 <sysrqb> okey
19:23:38 <sysrqb> what's next?
19:24:18 <antonela> i think ggus have updates on manuals
19:24:55 <sysrqb> cool!
19:25:00 <antonela> and here is the pad just in case you lost it > https://storm.torproject.org/grain/jTD7wpMXp2YJnn7pnW8eG9/
19:25:11 <antonela> sorry > https://storm.torproject.org/shared/Z7EVhAtOQ2NQEPs5Kw5gIuuSvy4ARmlhnDNBhfnyypa
19:27:23 <isabela> oh taht is old
19:27:23 <isabela> hehe
19:27:29 <isabela> the kanban is more up to date no?
19:27:40 <isabela> has a lot of sstuff that stephw got done
19:27:48 <isabela> related to playstore copies etc
19:28:24 <isabela> sysrqb: i might have asked you this (sorry for asking again) send me a google id i can use for you
19:28:33 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/SDDoYRsAw9wDcdiPtEDtwCXiANqgXFDRxY0ga4UJ_NE
19:28:38 <isabela> i dont know if i have the power tho
19:28:43 <isabela> we might need to ask nathan
19:28:54 <isabela> but either way we will need a google id from you
19:29:03 <sysrqb> isabela: heh, okay
19:29:33 <sysrqb> sent
19:29:55 <isabela> ty
19:30:44 <sysrqb> maybe ggus isn't around?
19:31:17 <antonela> maybe
19:31:25 <isabela> ggus: !
19:31:29 <isabela> :)
19:31:39 <emmapeel> oh sysrqb now i remember, you were waiting for the appstore texts to see about localization
19:32:11 <sysrqb> isabela: thank you, now he will appear! :)
19:32:19 <isabela> hahaha
19:32:30 <isabela> emmapeel: do you have the text?
19:32:37 <isabela> the link to it is in the kanban
19:32:38 <antonela> i think steph has those done
19:32:39 <antonela> yes
19:32:47 <ggus> hey!
19:32:48 <isabela> yep
19:32:50 <isabela> she has
19:33:00 <sysrqb> emmapeel: that will help, but i think we can still experiment with fastlane without the text
19:33:11 <sysrqb> ggus: !
19:33:13 <sysrqb> lol
19:33:20 <antonela> haha
19:33:21 <emmapeel> are the texts reviewed then? yeah the link will be great
19:33:34 <antonela> emma, you have it open, i see your green dot!
19:33:48 <emmapeel> but it says it is been reviewed....
19:33:53 <isabela> ahh
19:33:55 <antonela> oh you right
19:34:27 <isabela> yea i moved the one i did before vacation to done
19:34:28 * ggus reading the backlog
19:34:32 <isabela> i will do all of it right now
19:34:37 <antonela> *now*
19:34:43 <antonela> haha
19:34:44 <isabela> rrrrrrright now
19:34:51 <isabela> hehe
19:35:43 <emmapeel> oh sysrqb here is the text for the Google play store: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rox8_8baU-Q2SlED1U4y3fC6dRlJPXmw-LayJJXMKgo/edit
19:35:45 <isabela> what did we wanted gus for?
19:35:49 <isabela> hehe
19:35:52 <antonela> ggus just an update about where you are with manuals and what is left and if you need anything from us
19:35:55 <emmapeel> 19:26 < antonela> i think ggus have updates on manuals
19:35:57 <emmapeel> 19:26 < antonela> i think ggus have updates on manuals
19:35:59 <isabela> :)
19:36:00 <isabela> ahh
19:36:01 <emmapeel> oops
19:36:12 <sysrqb> emmapeel: thanks
19:36:14 <ggus> alright alright!
19:36:22 <sysrqb> :)
19:36:54 <emmapeel> it is too easy to copy and paste in linux :D
19:37:01 <isabela> hehe
19:37:21 <ggus> tb 8 desktop manual is almost ready. and support.tpo with tb 8 is almost done. we need to update the main documentation. but we have everything in two pads
19:37:29 <ggus> with everything that we need to update and change
19:37:37 <ggus> and include
19:37:51 <ggus> and with new screenshots
19:38:04 <antonela> \o/
19:38:07 <isabela> fancy
19:38:09 <isabela> !
19:38:41 <ggus> we didn't start tb for android documentation update.
19:40:01 <GeKo> we currently just link to the manual from the aout:tor page in tor b rowser
19:40:04 <GeKo> *browser
19:40:10 <GeKo> are we going to change that?
19:40:21 <sysrqb> ggus: do you tihnk you'll start with android next week? or week after that?
19:40:24 <antonela> yes, and also the [guard] node link should go to the manual too
19:40:32 <GeKo> and if so, do we want to try that out in the next alpha pointign to the new content?
19:40:35 <isabela> we will change that
19:40:49 <isabela> to the support site (guard link) we were waiting for the site to be out
19:41:09 <antonela> oh ok, so you prefer to link to support -- that's right
19:41:12 <isabela> i think the support site explanation on the point users get confused about guards is better
19:41:13 <ggus> sysrqb: one sec, let me check
19:41:22 <isabela> unless the manual has been updated :)
19:41:27 <antonela> yep agreed
19:41:35 <antonela> about:tor, as geko said, links to the manual yes
19:41:40 <GeKo> well, right now we link to the manual from there as well
19:41:51 <isabela> antonela: yep
19:41:59 <GeKo> (there = guard link in the circuit display)
19:42:08 <ggus> isabela: in the manual updates, we included this phrase:     "In the circuit, the Guard or  entry  node is the first node and it's automatically and randomly selected by Tor. But it is different from the other nodes in the circuit. In order to avoid profiling attacks, the Guard node changes only after 3 months, unlike the other nodes, which change with every new domain. For more information about
19:42:13 <isabela> antonela: but also is very easy to have a sentence - you can look for troubleshooting of common problems users has at our support site
19:42:14 <ggus> Guards, consult the FAQ [https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#EntryGuards] and Support ["Why is the first IP address in my relay circuit always the same?" https://support.torproject.org/#tbb-2].
19:42:16 <isabela> besides the manual
19:42:22 <antonela> yes
19:42:27 <isabela> like have both
19:42:28 <isabela> :)
19:42:37 <antonela> yes yes
19:42:39 <emmapeel> there is a similar link missing at the google play store description
19:43:14 <isabela> emmapeel: indeed
19:44:22 <isabela> ggus: hmm - i tend to think that the question on support goes straight to the point there
19:44:39 <isabela> ggus: maybe we should make sure the answer at support has a link to this part in the manual
19:44:48 <antonela> +1 there
19:45:43 <ggus> sysrqb: Due date: desktop TB updates September, mobile TBD
19:45:54 <ggus> sysrqb: yeah, i need to ask alison
19:46:04 <sysrqb> ggus: :) okay
19:46:04 <ggus> when we're going to start work on this
19:46:38 <sysrqb> ggus: last week i think she said you wouldn't start on the android manual for a couple weeks
19:46:57 <sysrqb> i was just curious if you had more info now :)
19:47:00 <ggus> isabela: once we update tb-manual, i can update support.tpo
19:47:01 <sysrqb> no worries
19:47:08 <isabela> ggus: cool
19:47:12 <isabela> tx
19:47:52 <ggus> i have a question
19:47:58 <antonela> shot
19:48:16 <ggus> MOAT option is going to be available in tb 8?
19:48:38 <ggus> https://share.riseup.net/#AAs9VVpxNakZpMjH0QYEhg
19:48:42 <GeKo> isabela: ^
19:49:06 <GeKo> i think hiro is setting things for azure up
19:49:31 <isabela> yes, i havent had a chance to sync with her on that since i got back from vacation
19:49:33 <GeKo> and i believe once that's done we can switch to it and ship it
19:49:38 <isabela> and now she is on vacation
19:49:43 <GeKo> :)
19:49:47 <isabela> so i dont have an update :)
19:49:51 <antonela> yes she is on vacs -- back on monday
19:50:02 <GeKo> i feel without the switch to azure we should not ship it
19:50:14 <GeKo> so, i hope we get that done until september
19:50:43 <isabela> GeKo: ack
19:50:54 <isabela> i will sync w/ hiro on monday and i get back to you on that estimation
19:51:01 <antonela> that is good news, i thought it wasn't even possible
19:51:25 <sysrqb> last remaining option
19:51:44 <isabela> :(
19:52:11 <antonela> cool! we are almost in the hour -- anyone has a blocker? someone needs something from anyone? are we in good shape to release in two weeks?
19:52:28 * isabela needs more coffee
19:52:29 * sysrqb is good
19:52:32 <sysrqb> heh
19:52:34 * antonela needs mate
19:53:22 <isabela> is there a bot to kill?
19:53:27 <antonela> yes!
19:53:29 <antonela> thanks people!
19:53:32 <antonela> #endmeeting