16:03:15 <flexlibris> #startmeeting community team
16:03:15 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Aug 27 16:03:15 2018 UTC.  The chair is flexlibris. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:03:15 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:03:27 <flexlibris> who is here for the meeting?
16:03:31 <ggus> o/
16:03:35 <Samdney> o/
16:03:37 <kat5> o/
16:03:42 <wayward> o/
16:03:48 * antonela o/
16:03:57 <Phoul> o/
16:04:04 <flexlibris> oh good Phoul made it on too :)
16:04:11 <Samdney> \o/
16:04:55 <flexlibris> okay let me get the roadmap
16:05:00 <flexlibris> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/JCOhuB842Sir6jjw_w6sXUiSYUkscMvvq-5CZ9p3PYz
16:05:04 <flexlibris> who wants to go first with their update?
16:06:00 <flexlibris> or I can just go through the roadmap and ask for progress reports?
16:06:08 * flexlibris does that
16:06:16 <ggus> i can give some updates
16:06:20 <flexlibris> okay sure go ahead ggus
16:06:24 <Phoul> Sorry, I can as well. I seem to be on a delay.
16:06:32 <flexlibris> no prob
16:06:57 <ggus> last week i went to campinas university and did workshop session (3 hours) with ~15 students.
16:07:16 <flexlibris> :)
16:07:27 <ggus> after that i meet two study groups to discuss the possibility to host a relay there and also do more tor activities there.
16:07:55 <ggus> journalist people liked the idea to have an introduction about secure drop + how tor works
16:08:36 <ggus> i also worked on kenya and oaxaca logistics
16:08:48 <ggus> and i'm travelling tonight to kenya :)
16:08:55 <flexlibris> ggus: I was just about to say, you must be leaving soon!
16:09:06 <flexlibris> how exciting
16:09:11 <Phoul> Very exciting!
16:09:13 <ggus> 4 activities confirmed (1 in mombasa, 3 in nairobi)
16:09:15 <antonela> *__*
16:09:18 <flexlibris> excellent
16:09:28 <ggus> flexlibris: my flight departs at 1am
16:09:34 <ggus> that's it! :D
16:09:41 <flexlibris> awesome
16:09:48 <ggus> last hours in the samba land
16:10:02 <kat5> Have a blast, gus! Can't wait to hear about the trip!
16:10:13 <flexlibris> safe travels
16:10:17 <ggus> thanks! :)
16:10:25 <flexlibris> Phoul, you want to go next?
16:11:48 <Phoul> Sure! My update is at https://storm.torproject.org/shared/I9z0J1S-wUtrWMyi1YqKzqdrq_tKvvLgawa6sFQ4grM the main things from last week was helping some operators deal with Irdeto (again), and I've been attempting to make contact with a real human at their Canadian offices to see if we can come to a resolution for all operators and not one at a time. I also talked a decent amount with the people running a
16:11:54 <Phoul> meetup in Hamburg this Friday and their event has been posted to the events section of the blog / on Twitter.
16:11:57 <Phoul> I was also off 2 days last week
16:12:30 <flexlibris> what is Irdeto?
16:12:52 <Phoul> A company that sends DMCA notices, however they are sending hundreds a week to exit operators with exit policies that allow BitTorrent.
16:13:00 <Phoul> And its upsetting upstreams
16:13:00 <flexlibris> dang
16:13:15 <stephw> Phoul: do you know if the hamburg meeting will be in german or english?
16:13:46 <Phoul> stephw: I believe it will be both, but I just sent an email to Kantorkel to confirm. All of their postings have been in both English and German.
16:13:53 <stephw> thanks!
16:14:02 <flexlibris> anyone else have an update?
16:14:41 <flexlibris> I will go
16:15:15 <flexlibris> I spent a lot of time in the last couple of weeks on a last minute supplemental grant proposal, so that unfortunately took time away from other things. but the good news is that I got the grant. :)
16:15:24 <kat5> Yay!
16:15:26 <wayward> nice!!
16:15:31 <flexlibris> LFI is in week 13 and I'm starting to plan for recruitment at the end of the year
16:15:31 <Phoul> woo!!
16:15:31 <ggus> super!!
16:15:50 <Samdney> :)
16:15:51 <flexlibris> Mexico City meeting stuff is going well! we should have a preliminary agenda to share soon. the meeting planners meeting happens right after this one.
16:15:57 <kat5> Recruitment for the next group?
16:15:59 <flexlibris> yes
16:16:00 <flexlibris> for 2019
16:16:27 <wayward> flexlibris: can I email you with some questions re: the mexico city meeting?
16:16:35 <flexlibris> wayward sure
16:16:43 <wayward> thanks!
16:16:46 <flexlibris> there are some things I had on the roadmap for this month that I think we should move to next month
16:16:57 <flexlibris> ggus specifically the TBA manual and support answers
16:17:02 <flexlibris> we won't be able to get to that before the end of August
16:17:46 <flexlibris> that's it for my update
16:17:48 <flexlibris> anyone else have one?
16:18:42 <ggus> ok, i'll return from kenya, sept 9th
16:18:47 <flexlibris> great
16:19:42 <ggus> what about we take 5 minutes to organize september roadmap like august?
16:19:53 <flexlibris> sure, let's just look through the remaining August things first
16:20:01 <ggus> oh ok!
16:20:15 <flexlibris> update relay operator wiki with user advocate feedback -- Phoul?
16:20:45 <Phoul> This is ongoing, I believe everything from Cy should be in there by the end of the month. I have another edit to sent ot Nusenu for review, and then I think that will be all of it.
16:20:56 <Phoul> s/sent/send
16:21:03 <flexlibris> cool
16:21:14 * kushal is here now
16:21:21 <flexlibris> and I think the support portal content is on an update schedule, ggus?
16:21:31 <gman999> sorry... not around today
16:22:13 <ggus> last week i sent some fixes to support.tpo, and emma now has write access to it.
16:22:21 <flexlibris> cool
16:22:46 <flexlibris> as for the Mexico City stuff -- I am hoping we will finalize the blog post in the meeting we are about to have
16:22:52 <flexlibris> ggus has been working on the agenda as well
16:23:04 <flexlibris> the blog post will promote the feminist meetup
16:23:16 <flexlibris> and we will also share the meeting schedule for the regular days
16:23:25 <flexlibris> Phoul how is the torservers offload going?
16:23:32 <kat5> I did some work on the agenda, too.
16:23:42 <flexlibris> that's right, you did. thanks kat5
16:23:58 <Phoul> The torservers offload is somewhat paused until Mexico, until I can more easily communicate with Moritz again. I've talked with him a bit since PETS, but I think the majority of this will happen face-to-face.
16:24:53 <flexlibris> okay let's move it to September then
16:25:09 <flexlibris> should we also move the relay challenge to September?
16:25:19 <flexlibris> actually just tell me which relay things to move :)
16:26:15 <Phoul> The summit, relay challenge and offloading are all ongoing and will continue into September.
16:26:17 <ggus> oh, about localization lab AMA: emma is talking with them and we're going to have this activity before mexico meeting. maybe september 17th
16:26:29 <ggus> or september 14th
16:26:37 <flexlibris> oh okay great, so since it's scheduled we can cross it off
16:27:08 <flexlibris> how about "merge fallback directory mirror list"?
16:28:34 <Phoul> oops, missed that one. That is currently waiting on more responses from relay operators, I'd leave it in August for now as it could be done this week; but if not it will be ongoing. I think we are within 10 relays of being able to merge.
16:28:43 <flexlibris> okay cool no prob
16:29:06 <flexlibris> "publish stories on why people should use Tor in Bengali speaking websites" ?
16:29:30 <flexlibris> kushal?
16:29:45 <flexlibris> oh and another, "dgplug privacy meetup in Pune"
16:30:47 <flexlibris> maybe kushal is no longer here?
16:30:48 <flexlibris> that's okay
16:30:53 <flexlibris> that's most of August, so we're good
16:30:59 <flexlibris> and ggus has helpfully organized September's roadmap :)
16:31:24 <flexlibris> anybody have anything else to discuss?
16:31:48 <ggus> :D
16:32:16 <flexlibris> seems like no
16:32:26 <flexlibris> okay, I will see some of you in the Mexico City planning meeting soon
16:32:29 <flexlibris> #endmeeting