16:00:31 <flexlibris> #startmeeting community team weekly meeting
16:00:31 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Nov 26 16:00:31 2018 UTC.  The chair is flexlibris. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:31 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:50 <flexlibris> okay let's see where we are this week
16:01:04 <flexlibris> last week was a major US holiday
16:01:22 <flexlibris> hi wayward
16:01:49 <pili> Hi
16:01:51 <wayward> o/
16:01:58 <flexlibris> hi pili
16:02:09 <flexlibris> okay so the community/support portal todo items
16:02:39 <flexlibris> wayward iirc the screenshots for the tor manual and the other manual updates are done?
16:03:41 <wayward> yep, more or less!
16:03:54 <flexlibris> should we strikethrough those items?
16:04:08 <wayward> improving the manual will be an ongoing project, so maybe it's not useful to have it on the roadmap anymore
16:04:13 <wayward> yeah, let's do it!
16:04:21 <flexlibris> great
16:04:35 <flexlibris> i think it's still good to have ongoing/monthly tasks on the roadmap
16:04:43 <flexlibris> because it helps us when adding other tasks
16:04:48 <flexlibris> that way we don't overload ourselves
16:04:54 <wayward> ok cool, I'll leave the one with the link on there then :)
16:05:33 <flexlibris> so we made progress on the community portal flyers. ggus and i wrote some text for them and antonela is working on designs.
16:05:43 <flexlibris> i'm going to strike that task for this month and we can check in next month on mockups
16:05:46 <antonela> yes, i am, i have plans and ideas
16:05:50 <flexlibris> yes <3
16:05:57 <wayward> !!!
16:06:00 <flexlibris> and also we will meet about that on friday so i'll update the roadmap later
16:06:13 <antonela> yep, thanks ali
16:06:20 <flexlibris> i checked in with linus about the search function for the support portal and the conversation is happening
16:06:30 <flexlibris> so i think that is also done, and i will add an item to december to follow up
16:07:03 <flexlibris> next we have all of these tasks that i wanted to get a contractor for
16:07:27 <flexlibris> it seems it won't be possible to get a contractor right now, so pili and i discussed the possibility of having one of the USP volunteers that ggus is recruiting work on this
16:07:39 <pili> Yup
16:07:43 <emmapeel> sorry what is USP?
16:07:51 <ggus> university of sao paulo
16:08:01 <ggus> last week we discussed about this
16:08:01 <emmapeel> oh nice
16:08:06 <flexlibris> ggus i think the amount of work here might be appropriate for more than one volunteer
16:08:17 <flexlibris> what's the timeline on that again? like when would the volunteer start?
16:08:58 <ggus> they will start in the middle of february, but i need to check when the carnaval happens, bc the university don't really start before that.
16:09:05 <flexlibris> okay
16:09:08 <ggus> students..
16:09:34 <emmapeel> traumschule is helping with some contents too
16:09:49 <flexlibris> ah yes
16:09:59 <flexlibris> maybe i can ask traumschule if they're willing to work on the TBA manual
16:10:07 <flexlibris> i don't want that to get delayed until after february, if possible
16:10:35 <flexlibris> i'm adding that to december as something for me to follow up with them on
16:10:54 <flexlibris> speaking on traumschule, they wrote to the community team list about some pull requests they made, so if anyone has time to review those it would be very helpful
16:11:29 <flexlibris> anything else we need to discuss for the support and community portals? if not we can move on to the next category
16:12:01 <pili> Just the meeting on Friday
16:12:08 <flexlibris> yes
16:12:29 <pili> That is happening to carry on reviewing the sections and content
16:12:34 <flexlibris> so we will have more to update on about that at next week's meeting
16:12:48 <flexlibris> okay, so, Library Freedom Institute
16:12:54 <flexlibris> this is the last week of the pilot
16:12:58 <flexlibris> happy/sad feelings
16:13:19 <flexlibris> my students are presenting their final projects to me on wednesday and i will share a link next week
16:13:41 <flexlibris> this means that in december i will be very very busy with curriculum revision and recruitment for the next round
16:13:44 <flexlibris> :)
16:13:53 <flexlibris> oh and with the website redesign which is ongoing
16:14:22 <flexlibris> that's it for LFI, we can move on to outreach/sponsor9 if ggus wants to update about the things there
16:14:43 <ggus> ok
16:14:51 <ggus> this week we will have two activities
16:15:11 <ggus> one workshop with abraji (journalists association) and another is the criptofesta in sao paulo
16:15:31 <flexlibris> awesome
16:15:33 <ggus> and in december i'll be working almost all the weekends
16:16:15 <ggus> about s9 asia - india: arma1 started a thread and i'm trying to schedule a meeting with our core contributors from there
16:16:34 <ggus> indonesia: emmapeel i need your contacts here.
16:16:40 <emmapeel> i still need to talk to my contacts, i will do it this week
16:16:50 <flexlibris> thanks emma
16:17:06 <ggus> thai: pinged haxxpop last week, and i need to answer him.
16:17:08 <flexlibris> ggus should we move this checkin with our visited partners to december?
16:17:11 <flexlibris> i think we should
16:17:20 <ggus> yes
16:17:34 <flexlibris> great i will follow up with you next week about that
16:17:55 <ggus> ok!
16:17:59 <flexlibris> anything else you want to share ggus?
16:18:28 <ggus> yes
16:18:31 <flexlibris> ok
16:19:08 <ggus> ppl from mexico are creating onion services for their websites: tierra comun http://5vpxhssdc363o3td.onion/
16:19:17 <ggus> and trying to setup relays
16:19:18 <flexlibris> awesome
16:19:21 <ailanthus> yay
16:19:27 <emmapeel> yay!
16:19:28 <ggus> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/F72380459C9476C0E2FC99A347B6D9441F681F25
16:19:28 <metrics-bot> Motoringo - CW: 101 [ Fast Running V2Dir Valid ]
16:19:31 <flexlibris> we should reach out to them
16:20:07 <emmapeel> ggus: tb-manual and support potal are translated to pt-BR but could do with a deep review, if you meet someone interested....
16:21:08 <ggus> emmapeel: i'll try to recruit new ppl.
16:21:13 * Samdney arrives....
16:21:45 <flexlibris> ggus do you know the folks in Mexico working on what you just shared?
16:21:56 <ggus> flexlibris: yes!
16:22:01 <flexlibris> awesome
16:22:17 <ggus> oh, one more thing. one sec
16:22:33 <flexlibris> do you want to follow up with them and cc the community team and just like, thank them and make sure they have what they need and see how we can get them more involved?
16:23:11 <ggus> http://ekzxt2yrqiamvwb4duk7lzlgefd3west53v4ba24bspiwtwbjvhmmuid.onion:8453/txt/concebolliskis-guia.txt
16:23:25 <ggus> grillo made this presentation to hackmitin in mexico
16:23:38 <flexlibris> oh nice
16:24:07 <ggus> flexlibris: ok, i can do this.
16:24:18 <flexlibris> thanks ggus
16:24:26 <flexlibris> okay so
16:24:35 <flexlibris> pili anything to say about the sponsor9 report? i will review your draft asap
16:24:54 <flexlibris> oh oops i skipped kushal
16:24:57 <pili> just maybe that we should catch up about some of your comments :)
16:25:06 <pili> but kushal can go first :D
16:25:08 <flexlibris> okay sure, i will ping you after i have a moment to read it
16:25:17 <flexlibris> kushal i see that you sent this email to the community team list about your Pune meetup
16:25:36 <ggus> pili: we're going to include the organizations that we worked in kenya?
16:25:51 <kushal> This is not for the meetup, but, but for a special workshop in one of the oldest engineering college.
16:26:09 <flexlibris> oh cool
16:26:17 <pili> ggus: I think we should include them when we talk about the contacts we made, but not the actual trainings as they happened during phase 2
16:26:18 <kushal> flexlibris, There will be students from different skillsets, but, I am hoping to go through the basics.
16:26:29 <kushal> Any input from anyone will be useful :)
16:26:38 <flexlibris> for sure. i will take a look at your mail.
16:27:22 <flexlibris> kat5, any updates about sponsor19 work?
16:27:25 <ggus> pili: ok, i'll be working on this today.
16:27:36 <pili> thanks ggus !! :)
16:27:49 <kat5> yes
16:27:56 <flexlibris> awesome please shrae
16:27:58 <flexlibris> share
16:28:28 <kat5> The first report went out. They take 4 weeks to look it over and give permission to release publicly. So that's in progress.
16:28:56 <flexlibris> cool cool
16:29:17 <kat5> For the next report, arma has asked the comms and development teams to tell us what subjects we cab write about that will be useful for their work.
16:29:35 <kat5> So we need to get that feedback from them and decide on a date for the next one.
16:29:53 <kat5> Then I guess number 3 will be about progress in the 6 areas.
16:30:10 <kat5> I have no idea what progress is happening. :-)
16:30:14 <kat5> Done
16:30:37 <flexlibris> haha well it sounds like you know whats going on otherwise tho
16:30:41 <flexlibris> thanks for the update
16:30:54 <flexlibris> wayward anything to update regarding volunteer stuff?
16:31:32 <wayward> yes!
16:31:35 <flexlibris> sweet
16:31:47 <wayward> so I have the stuff ready to send to the vegas team, I'll email you about it later today flexlibris
16:31:52 <flexlibris> rad
16:32:13 <wayward> I think we should set up a meeting with a rep from each team to discuss their needs for volunteers
16:32:24 <wayward> just a one-time meeting
16:32:39 <wayward> so I will add that into the info I send out
16:32:40 <flexlibris> sounds like a good idea
16:33:18 <wayward> and the wiki is in progress, will be at /volunteer
16:33:26 <flexlibris> wooooo
16:33:46 <wayward> so far it's just on my compy b/c I don't want it public till it's at least a little nice
16:33:52 <flexlibris> yeah totally
16:33:54 <wayward> that's it re: volunteer stuff!
16:34:08 <flexlibris> thanks for all your work on this!!!!
16:34:25 <flexlibris> so phoul texted me earlier to say that he might not make it back from an appointment in time for this meeting
16:34:31 <wayward> yeah, no problem!
16:34:31 <flexlibris> it looks like he's not here
16:34:37 <flexlibris> so he said he'll send his update to the list later
16:34:42 <flexlibris> anyone else have any updates or anything to share?
16:36:05 <flexlibris> .........
16:36:11 <Phoul> Just got in
16:36:17 <flexlibris> oh hey Phoul
16:36:23 <flexlibris> want to give us an update?
16:36:26 <Phoul> Yup!
16:38:17 <Phoul> So last week I did not hear back from OVH, I'm assuming this might be becuase of the US holiday stuff. I sent a follow-up email on Friday, and am hoping to hear back today (this is regarding the 17 relays that appeared on OVH one day with no contact info and not familied). I also interacted with PIA and reviewed another one of their relays for them, you can see both of their relays at
16:38:23 <Phoul> https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#search/family:36EC4A69A2175FA4B2F12351F8EFE65CC6A67851 and they have said they are moving forward with further deployment this week. Last week I also spent a lot of time working with various operators helping them compile costs / potential expansion costs for a potential relay funder.
16:38:23 <metrics-bot> PIATorNetwork - CW: 95600 [ Exit Fast Running Stable V2Dir Valid ]
16:39:14 <flexlibris> cool
16:39:22 <flexlibris> and yeah it's prob the US holiday that's causing the delay
16:40:59 <flexlibris> Phoul can you move any undone items to December? including the OVH follow up since you didnt hear from them
16:41:13 <Phoul> Yup! Just logging into storm :)
16:41:44 <flexlibris> great
16:41:47 <flexlibris> anything else to add Phoul?
16:42:58 <Phoul> That was the main stuff from last week, I also continued helping operators i contacted with DNS issues and heard back from a few regarding EOL releases that should be upgraded soon. Over the weekend I also found a neat service for doing terminal recordings, so am planning to do a test recording of deploying a relay on Debian today to see if its useful. :)
16:43:44 <flexlibris> awesome
16:45:38 <kat5> Phoul: Are you doing those irc meetups regularly?
16:46:49 <Phoul> Currently no, but the plan is to start those again soon. I talked with gman a week-ish ago, and he suggested this would be a good way to involve volunteers (having some dedicated volunteers run some of the meetings), and I'm currently looking into that possibility as well. I've sent some emails out to people who are frequently active on IRC to see who would be interested in doing that.
16:47:22 <kat5> Cool. Thanks.
16:47:57 <flexlibris> okay any other updates people?
16:48:56 <Phoul> Oh, I will be in Seattle from Wednesday till Sunday. On Wednesday I will be mostly traveling past 11am, so will be hard to get ahold of until the evening (CDT).
16:49:04 <flexlibris> thanks for the update Phoul
16:49:11 <flexlibris> okay it seems like we're finished otherwise
16:49:19 <flexlibris> have a great day everyone!
16:49:22 <flexlibris> #endmeeting