19:01:26 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor-browser 12/3
19:01:26 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Dec  3 19:01:26 2018 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:01:26 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:01:41 <GeKo> alright, let's see who is here for the meeting today
19:01:52 <boklm> hi
19:02:01 <sisbell> hi
19:02:31 <igt0> o/
19:02:35 <GeKo> i guess a large part is at disney world erm the all-hands meeting
19:02:59 <GeKo> but still we should coordinate a bit and keep us up-to-date
19:03:10 <GeKo> the pad is at: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N
19:03:26 <GeKo> please mark the items you have for discussion bold
19:03:26 <pili> hi
19:07:08 <GeKo> okay, let's get started
19:07:30 <GeKo> sisbell: you are up
19:07:58 <sisbell> I was thinking about doing a separate Android library for installing tor libraries
19:08:19 <sisbell> It seems to be separate function as the onion proxy and orbot
19:08:52 <sisbell> this would package the native library ouput of #28704
19:09:31 <GeKo> how would that look like?
19:10:10 <tjr> Isn't GP working on a tor-dependency-you-include-in-your-project?
19:10:20 <sisbell> The cleanest would be to have something like projects/tor-android-installer
19:10:30 <boklm> what is this installer doing?
19:11:14 <sisbell> The installer just take tor libraries out of apk assets folder and puts them in the private app space
19:11:48 <sisbell> Its fairly narrow function
19:12:52 <GeKo> tjr: yes
19:14:11 <GeKo> sisbell: hm
19:14:17 <GeKo> so, i don't know yet
19:14:40 <GeKo> i guess the best would be to write more about that down somehwere so we can reason about it better
19:14:51 <GeKo> pros/cons, why we should have it etc.
19:15:15 <sisbell> Sure, I'll open an issue for it to trac discussion
19:17:02 <GeKo> tjr: i guess you meant https://github.com/n8fr8/tor-android
19:17:26 <GeKo> i think it is worthwhile having those essential parts built reproducible in our setup
19:17:52 <GeKo> and we get some flexibility e.g. testing tor alpha release or nightlies for mobile as well
19:18:01 <GeKo> which is a big plus imo
19:18:27 <GeKo> okay, anything else for the status updates?
19:19:10 <GeKo> discussion then i guess
19:19:20 <tjr> That might be it... I just know they were shifting focus to more on library integration rather than applications
19:19:34 <tjr> Might be worth reaching out to them to confirm plans and such
19:19:41 <GeKo> yep
19:20:25 <GeKo> boklm: are we set with getting 8.5a5 out today?
19:20:39 <boklm> yes
19:20:45 <GeKo> great
19:20:48 <boklm> I am ready to publish it
19:21:14 <GeKo> i wonder whether we should wait until we hear something back form sysrqb
19:21:17 <GeKo> *from
19:21:32 <boklm> I was wondering about that too
19:21:39 <GeKo> so that we get an updated app in the google app store as well
19:22:33 <GeKo> okay
19:22:46 <GeKo> let's wait a bit. i pinged him on #tor-dev
19:22:59 <boklm> ok
19:23:03 <GeKo> which leads me to releases next week
19:23:42 <GeKo> the main thing is picking up the next firefox esr
19:23:56 <GeKo> but we should use the opportunity to squeeze in some other stuff
19:25:02 <GeKo> igt0: could you work on #27762 so that i have a patch tomorrow/on wed to include?
19:25:14 <GeKo> i think that would solve a big usability issue
19:25:33 <GeKo> sisbell: i think we should aim for getting the release next week reproducible
19:25:39 <GeKo> that would be pretty cool
19:25:59 <GeKo> as far as i see there are only two minor bugs that currently prevent that
19:26:00 <igt0> GeKo, yep, I already have it. i just need to test it.
19:26:07 <GeKo> thx
19:26:11 <sisbell> cool
19:26:24 <GeKo> sisbell: so could you work on those two things today and tomorrow?
19:26:24 <sisbell> I'm really happy that its nothing major
19:26:32 <GeKo> you are not alone :)
19:27:02 <sisbell> Sure, I can. But I don't know how to upload a key to our servers
19:27:34 <GeKo> sisbell: zip it up and ping me and i can do it
19:27:37 <boklm> do we need to upload a key somewhere, or can we just include it in the git repository?
19:27:37 <sisbell> The gradle repo is np
19:27:50 <GeKo> boklm: aha
19:27:59 <GeKo> yes, that's actually a good idea
19:28:22 <GeKo> let's do that instead
19:28:27 <sisbell> If its in git repo, I can do that
19:28:36 <GeKo> even better then
19:29:02 <GeKo> okay, that's for mobile i think
19:29:24 <GeKo> (assuming nothing urgent pops up with the 8.5a5 release)
19:29:39 <GeKo> ah, no
19:29:53 <GeKo> boklm: if possible i'd like to have #26843 as well in that release
19:30:22 <boklm> yes, I'm planning to review it tomorrow
19:31:30 <GeKo> mcs: there are smaller things you cold pick up for review: #25794, #28075 and #28608
19:31:35 <GeKo> (all things i can'r review)
19:31:40 <GeKo> *can't
19:32:18 <GeKo> that's it from my side for the releases next week. any comments/suggestions etc.?
19:32:23 <mcs> GeKo: We will take a look. What’s the deadline for reviews and merging patches?
19:32:35 <GeKo> wed your time i think
19:32:44 <mcs> thx
19:33:04 <GeKo> so that we can kick off a build late wed european time
19:33:25 <GeKo> in case we have the new esr code already available
19:33:30 <GeKo> and a build1
19:34:53 <GeKo> okay, any other topics for discussion today?
19:37:03 <GeKo> does not seem to be the case
19:37:23 <GeKo> thanks for the meeting then and a good week for everyone! *baf*
19:37:25 <GeKo> #endmeeting