19:00:22 <pili> #startmeeting tor-browser-release 12/12
19:00:22 <MeetBot> Meeting started Wed Dec 12 19:00:22 2018 UTC.  The chair is pili. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
19:00:22 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
19:00:23 <sysrqb> o/
19:00:53 <pili> here's the pad: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/LjNp6JPFuRS3SoAbQWHnjfAfqs3UBQIC_YtYQrZRwBq
19:00:56 <antonela> hello !
19:01:26 <pili> hi everyone, welcome to the Tor Browser release meeting festive edition 🎅🏻
19:02:01 <pili> I don't really have very much in terms of discussion items but maybe we can have a quick recap on the last few releases
19:02:31 <pili> I'll give people some time to add updates to the pad first though :)
19:03:01 <GeKo> pili: actually 8.5a5 was the first release with all platforms
19:03:19 <GeKo> it contained the bundles orbot, too
19:03:22 <pili> let's update that :D
19:03:44 <GeKo> 8.5a6 is the first release with a reproducible .apk file
19:03:55 <GeKo> and the first one with multi-locale support on android
19:03:59 <antonela> yeee ^___^
19:04:22 <pili> which one did we add the new icon to also?
19:04:31 <GeKo> none yet
19:04:35 <GeKo> will be the next alpha
19:04:55 <pili> ok, let me add that in
19:04:58 <pospeselr> pili: currently code-reviews out for all the desktop platforms in #25702
19:05:35 <pili> great :)
19:06:19 <sstevenson> hey all - i’m here watching but in another meeting as well
19:06:45 <pili> hi sstevenson did you have a chance to check out the banner in the latest release?
19:06:56 <sstevenson> yes, it looks great!
19:07:12 <sstevenson> sorry i haven’t been trackng TBA - is the banner on there?
19:07:54 <sysrqb> yes, it should be (from yesterday's release)
19:08:36 <pili> I need to dig up one of my old androids to check it out :)
19:09:05 <GeKo> pili: you can take a new one, too, just don't download things :)
19:09:29 <sysrqb> heh
19:09:30 <pili> I don't have a new one though, I switched allegiances to apple! :O
19:09:40 <GeKo> traitor!11!
19:09:47 <pili> :D
19:10:10 <sysrqb> luckily, i don't think Tor has an allegiance with either :)
19:10:19 <antonela> haha
19:10:31 <pili> ok, anything else on the release highlights side? :)
19:10:50 <pili> otherwise we can move on to requests and discussion
19:10:56 <pili> but I don't think we have any yet
19:11:27 <pili> one thing I did want to ask about was whether we have frozen the UI yet for the tb manual screenshots
19:11:47 <pili> or will that come with the next alpha?
19:11:54 <pili> for android
19:12:12 <sysrqb> #28329 will bring a new UI
19:12:19 <sysrqb> so, not yet
19:12:34 <antonela> i think you are referencing to the circuit display and the onion security indicator on tba? isn't pili?
19:12:43 <sysrqb> ah
19:12:44 <pili> yup
19:12:48 <pili> well, also
19:12:59 <antonela> oki, yes i think that is waiting review
19:13:01 <pili> we will need to update the screenshots for the tor browser manual
19:13:06 <antonela> yep
19:13:13 <pili> and maybe we can get a headstart ahead of the stable release
19:13:20 <pili> if we know the UI isn't going to change :)
19:13:34 <sysrqb> i think the onion security indicator is done, but the circuit display is in-progress
19:13:52 <pili> wayward: since you're around, have you seen any interesting feedback yet related to the latest releases?
19:13:55 <sysrqb> (or will be worked on soon)
19:13:58 <pili> (sorry to put you on the spot :) )
19:14:28 <pili> thanks sysrqb :) we can probably wait
19:14:37 <GeKo> igt0 is working currently on the circuit display
19:14:43 <wayward> ah sorry I spaced!
19:14:54 <GeKo> i guess this will be available in the next alpha, too
19:15:01 <wayward> I haven't had much time to check things this week, so I don't have much helpful info atm
19:15:10 <pili> that's fine wayward :)
19:15:27 <GeKo> s/is working currently/is currently working/
19:16:12 <pospeselr> either's grammatical ;)
19:16:37 <GeKo> yeah
19:16:47 <pili> actually that reminds me about the status of PTs and bridges on Android, (thinking about the Sponsor 8 report) we already have some integrated, right?
19:17:12 <sysrqb> yeah, but not all
19:17:26 <sysrqb> that's on the roadmap for the next alpha release
19:17:39 <pili> great, there's some requirements on this for Sponsor 8
19:18:27 <pili> also, good time for me to plug the Sponsor 8 report pad for everyone to contribute: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/EzLEYV19qneVUW0AQDGLLJlOVHcV_JczFtIw3h-AAtf
19:18:28 <pili> :)
19:18:35 <pili> now that things are a bit quieter on the release front
19:18:35 <sysrqb> yep :)
19:19:34 <pili> cool, anything else from anyone? :)
19:19:52 <pili> any requests for inclusion in the end of january release?
19:19:53 <pili> iut wil
19:20:01 <pili> it will happen before we know it!
19:20:23 <GeKo> :)
19:20:26 <sstevenson> i’d like to consider reverting back to the newsletter sign up banner since it did so well the first time around
19:20:50 <GeKo> which one?
19:21:09 <pili> I'll add that in the pad
19:21:45 <GeKo> ah, okay the thing we had before the donation banners
19:23:41 <pili> ok, thanks sstevenson :)
19:23:43 <pili> anything else?
19:23:55 <antonela> geko, tickets related with circuit display like https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=!closed&keywords=~tbb-circuit-display
19:24:10 <antonela> do you have plans for triage on those?
19:24:35 <antonela> if yes, something there will be required for the january release
19:24:47 <GeKo> and, if no? :)
19:24:54 <antonela> all cool boss
19:25:04 <pospeselr> lo
19:25:06 <pospeselr> lol*
19:25:17 <GeKo> well, i need to triage all of the tor browser tickets
19:25:29 <antonela> same at my ux-team room
19:25:31 <GeKo> as this has actually never been done before :)
19:25:46 <pili> ufff
19:25:49 <GeKo> (although i do triage the new ones for a while now)
19:25:59 <antonela> yep same
19:26:05 <pili> yeah, gaba and I were talking that trac needs a clean up in general :)
19:26:27 <pili> let us know if we can help somehow
19:26:31 <GeKo> antonela: but, seriously, if you need something from me in that regard, let me know
19:26:34 <antonela> oki, we can plan it for january - if otf happens then i'll have more time to work on circuit display, specially to put attention on the different ways to routing onions and how we will reflect it there
19:26:54 <GeKo> i can try to make space on my todo list for stuff
19:27:10 <antonela> perfect, thank youu
19:29:17 <pili> ok, anything else? :)
19:29:29 <GeKo> i am fine
19:29:32 <antonela> groot here
19:29:52 <pili> good good, short one today
19:29:57 <pili> thanks everyone!
19:30:00 <antonela> thank youu
19:30:04 <pili> #endmeeting