13:58:24 <antonela> #startmeeting ux team
13:58:24 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Dec 18 13:58:24 2018 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:58:24 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:58:33 <antonela> hello people!
13:58:39 <antonela> last ux meeting of the year \o/
13:58:45 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Përshëndetje!
13:58:56 <emmapeel> y yo con estos pelos!
13:59:01 <antonela> jajajajjaja
13:59:23 <antonela> elio i want to learn albanian! i love characters with dots at the top!
13:59:40 <antonela> how are you people, first of all, in a real world, this meeting should have sandwiches and beer
13:59:42 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> And tails at the bottom? ç
13:59:51 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Hah doing fine, very cold here though
14:00:05 <emmapeel> i bought myself a pressure cooker today :D
14:00:06 <antonela> since we are online, you can grab your beer locally anyways
14:00:51 <antonela> very hot here, summer is running in this hemisphere
14:00:56 <pili> 🍺 🥪 - you're welcome ;)
14:01:00 <emmapeel> i think i am going to send a postcard to jeremy hammonds. i bought some postcards today.
14:01:17 <antonela> i love postcards emmapeel
14:01:39 <antonela> when i travel the world, i send those to home so i can remember where i have been
14:01:49 <emmapeel> i used to send more! i need to recover this tradition. but not for xmas, year round
14:02:11 <antonela> yeah is great
14:02:23 <antonela> okey lets do it - update your status, update the roadmap
14:02:23 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/z_iULXFI-yXAV1R5Npe9_3qf6PPvG4mqNSR2x6Hcpg_
14:02:35 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/DVYbSp2x-S2mwHZCr1kM53Z5B8REDhBObqneGPe7r4U
14:03:20 <antonela> i have been late for the november report, so i made a merge with november and december items, please if you want to highlight some of your achievements, make a note here
14:03:38 <antonela> https://pad.riseup.net/p/november-ux -- still draft, planning to send by the end of the week
14:06:11 * antonela waiting for people updates
14:07:06 * emmapeel fighting against a sandstorm
14:07:08 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> o/
14:08:09 <antonela> pili, i made a draft of a Product Requirements Document aka PRD for get tor
14:08:20 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I had a good call with Antonela and the rest of the OONI team last week on kicking off the OONI Explorer Country page design work. Maria already gave us a lot of material to dig through which will help to understand what layout elements are needed. I am currently still doing some research and hope to show some wireframes/sketches tomorrow
14:08:25 <pili> yup, I saw the email but I haven't had a chance to look at it :(
14:08:35 <pili> I think PRDs are going to be my Christmas homework...
14:08:50 <antonela> is just a draft, but will help us to have a source of truth and since is an 'small' project is a good one to start
14:09:40 <antonela> elioqoshi yes! we kicked off Country pages for the new OONI Explorer, we wanted to collect which questions users have when they arrive to this pages and we will try to answer them during all this redesign process
14:10:21 <antonela> pili what is Counterpart International Proposal?
14:10:44 <pili> it would be a small grant to run user testing in Zimbabwe
14:10:53 <pili> we want to do a mini sponsor 9 visit
14:11:04 <antonela> oh nice
14:11:12 <antonela> do we have timeframe?
14:11:17 <pili> here's the website: https://www.counterpart.org/request-applications-small-advocacy-research/
14:11:31 <antonela> genial
14:11:35 <pili> I think we would take advantage of our visits to Uganda and Kenya in June 2019
14:11:52 <pili> I'm hoping it won't be too much work and we can just leverage a lot of the work we have done already
14:12:00 <pili> I think most of the work would be in finding partners in Zimbabwe
14:12:08 <pili> but maybe Sida can help with that
14:12:29 <pili> I will ask for some feedback on the application draft once we're further along
14:12:39 <pili> it's due the 4th of Jan though... so not much time :/
14:13:11 <hiro> is the meeting now or in 40 minutes?
14:13:14 <pili> now :)
14:13:25 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Maybe ask Maria if OONI has any contacts in Zimbabwe?
14:13:33 <hiro> ok :) sorry I have the flu and a bit of a fever :( and mushy brain
14:13:43 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I don't think we have any partners there but I'm not much involved with that part
14:13:52 <pili> yup! good point elioqoshi, thanks! :)
14:13:59 <antonela> yes, thanks elio!
14:14:30 <antonela> hiro is working on tpo.org and tpo.org/about in staging, I'll be reviewing those in January, our plan is to release it during Q119 - my review will include some work over the styleguide, so any help is appreciated
14:14:36 <antonela> hiro o/
14:14:36 <emmapeel> OMG what a great job OONI did with the localization!
14:14:53 <emmapeel> if all the projects did that, i would not be needed, and also the localization will be much better. and the interface>!
14:15:05 <antonela> emmapeel: yesss <3
14:15:10 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Aww thanks ^^
14:15:27 <antonela> how weblate works with onionshare emmapeel? do you like it?
14:15:44 <emmapeel> i like how horizontally they behave towards translations. hellais has been answering all the feedback from translators, is super cool
14:16:18 <emmapeel> oh... about hosted.weblate, this week we configured pretty neat with onionshare's github and now the weblate bot makes pulrequests! is very cool
14:18:05 <emmapeel> this is a bit creepy maybe but i liked the machine translation services very much :$
14:18:40 <antonela> haha i see
14:18:42 <emmapeel> at least in Spanish, the DeepL machine translation service was right most of the times!
14:19:22 <hiro> DeepL?
14:19:34 <emmapeel> they are third party services and i dont even know their licenses tho
14:19:44 <hiro> ahhh
14:19:59 <emmapeel> yes, they give translation suggestions
14:20:01 <antonela> i have been translating Nielsen's youtube videos into spanish since a while and is a fact that google translate is becoming really smart
14:20:45 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> The OONI roadmap things are outdated, so I'm updating these based on our Trello
14:20:48 <emmapeel> i was thinking maybe we could provide such a service too. with the glossary and maybe our own content .po files etc
14:21:08 <antonela> anyways, we still need humans to create metaphors °º¤ø,¸¸,ø
14:21:12 <emmapeel> but i am not sure if anybody will ever use it :S
14:21:22 <antonela> elioqoshi please, do it
14:21:35 <antonela> emmapeel: about the word list, what is your struggle with the formatting?
14:22:25 <emmapeel> antonela: i dont know how to create a document that will provide some sort of neat URI for the translations, and that i can easily merge with the .cvs that i export from transifex, and where people can look at words etc
14:22:29 <antonela> i think we talked about to have it in our styleguide, do you mean an exchange formatting?
14:22:35 <antonela> i see
14:23:05 <hiro> I think we could do that within lektor but it is not straight forward
14:23:12 <antonela> lets start by the first step, lets make the list, an spreadsheet maybe is enough and then we can think about how this list interact with translators and platforms
14:24:13 <emmapeel> i have the text file produced by the community team, https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/community/glossary , and the cvs produced by transifex: https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-glossary.git/tree/glossary_all_langs.csv
14:25:08 <antonela> okey we need one file to start so, should we manually do a merge?
14:25:17 <emmapeel> but for example the other day i received a merge request for the german glossary. i had a little look at it and gave it to erin, erin gave it to the admins of transifex, they imported it on the glossary. but i rather have peopl submitting stuff.. i dont know. something less nineties
14:26:37 <emmapeel> anyway i havent had time to look more onto this i also see the transifex and the wordlist very technical, but the comunity team glossary is more for reading when you are reading the docs and want to understand a concept
14:26:46 <emmapeel> not for when you are writing or translating a text.
14:27:30 <antonela> we can have both definitions if the word is in both lists
14:27:30 <emmapeel> we should have a way maybe of creating links on the words that are available on the glossary with the definition on a little hover thingie
14:27:44 <emmapeel> i mean, from the blog or the docs
14:28:22 <pili> that would be really nice
14:28:26 <antonela> oki, let me know if you need help, as we talked before, i'd love to include it at the styleguide and making it a useful resource for localizers
14:28:29 <pili> that's something to think about for future
14:28:30 <emmapeel> yes, i though we could have one word list and then maybe we can say: definitnion : - translating - spelling'
14:28:39 <antonela> yess
14:28:55 <emmapeel> a list to gather them all
14:29:53 <antonela> a ring to rule them all
14:29:54 <antonela> yes
14:30:06 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Question from my side: What's the relation of the UX team with l10n?
14:30:13 <antonela> s/a/one
14:30:13 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> As I see a lot of l10n stuff on the roadmap
14:30:21 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Is that also the UX Team's responsibility?
14:30:29 <antonela> elioqoshi, emmapeel is our relation with l10n :)
14:31:09 <antonela> is both ux and community duty
14:31:12 <emmapeel> elioqoshi sometimes i wonder that myself but then i think UX is part of localization. i try to talk about things that affect UX here
14:32:09 <emmapeel> i mean, l10n is part of UX
14:33:41 <emmapeel> cri cri
14:34:08 <pili> :D
14:34:10 <antonela> yes it is
14:34:32 <antonela> and we share emmapeel across teams
14:34:41 <antonela> oki, what else?
14:35:19 <hiro> the tp.o website is almost all there ...
14:35:21 <hiro> https://lektor-staging.torproject.org/tpo/staging/
14:35:47 <hiro> I only have to finish the mobile download page.. and then fix all the small things that aren't really working at the moment
14:36:07 <antonela> yesss
14:36:09 <emmapeel> omg hiro i should hook it up to transifex
14:36:12 <pili> and then we need some kick ass illustrations... :D no pressure ;)
14:36:30 <antonela> yes, pili we will back to that when you are back in january
14:36:47 <antonela> also, the community portal content is priority for when we are back
14:37:41 <pili> yup
14:38:01 <antonela> am i missing anything else?
14:39:34 <emmapeel> ey sorry not sure if this is the place
14:39:53 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Got it, I see
14:40:08 <emmapeel> i got asked about 'the language support for  india and asia' but i think i need a more clear list
14:40:36 <emmapeel> who can provide me with a list of MUSt and MAY languages to push for before the visits?
14:41:17 <antonela> ggus and i we can make it emmapeel
14:41:26 <antonela> a list of countries and eta of visit?
14:41:58 <emmapeel> a list of languages that will be nice to push and the ETA
14:42:12 <emmapeel> for the Tor Browser, and the docs
14:42:45 <emmapeel> i kind of know the countries but they ahve many languages there
14:42:59 <emmapeel> maybe you give me the list of countries and i check with kushal, pari, suckhe about the languages
14:43:05 <emmapeel> sukhe
14:43:18 <antonela> yep, will share with you this week
14:43:25 <emmapeel> thanks!
14:43:57 <antonela> elioqoshi will we review first round of wireframes the first week of january?
14:44:22 <antonela> or do you have something to review this week? I didnt work on it yet, i just need to focus on tba
14:45:24 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I might have something to review this week
14:45:35 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> But I wouldn't call it wireframe rather than loose pieces of a puzzle?
14:45:54 <antonela> haha is fine, lets do it on friday? i can draw something by then
14:46:00 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Sounds good
14:46:42 <antonela> oki, will jump onto slack to talk about it on Friday
14:47:51 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Do you all use any unified IRC method/tool like IRC Cloud?
14:48:02 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Or everyone taking care themselves of their bouncer and client?
14:48:38 <emmapeel> i take care of mine, a friend gives me a shell and i run screen with irssi
14:49:07 <emmapeel> i think this machine is in seoul
14:49:24 <antonela> ye, pastly runs my bouncer and i use LimeChat in macOS
14:50:07 <sukhe> emmapeel: Indian languages: hindi, bengali, telugu, marathi, tamil, gujarati
14:50:09 <pili> I run my own bouncer
14:50:12 <pili> it was pretty easy
14:50:14 <sukhe> top six
14:51:04 <pili> I use Textual on macos: https://github.com/Codeux-Software/Textual / https://www.codeux.com/textual/
14:51:05 <emmapeel> cheers ukhe
14:51:08 <emmapeel> sukhe
14:52:18 <antonela> okey people
14:52:25 <antonela> we are almost in the hour
14:52:42 <antonela> thanks for all the work we did this year, I think we made visible improvements on our releases across all the teams in the project and I'm grateful about it
14:52:59 <antonela> im happy to have all you around and i hope we can continue making troubles next year
14:53:03 <antonela> *_______*
14:53:25 <hiro> is this the last meeting before the holidays/
14:53:26 <hiro> ?
14:53:30 <antonela> yes it is!
14:53:33 <hiro> ah wow
14:53:37 <hiro> lost track of time
14:53:44 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Thanks folks!
14:53:52 <antonela> f* december hiro
14:53:54 <antonela> haha
14:54:21 <pili> thanks everyone, I look forward to continue working with all of you next year <3 :)
14:54:54 <antonela> Next meeting will be January 8
14:54:57 <antonela> thanks! see you all next year!
14:55:26 <antonela> #endmeeting