18:59:18 <GeKo> #startmeeting tor browser 1/14
18:59:18 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jan 14 18:59:18 2019 UTC.  The chair is GeKo. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
18:59:18 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:59:20 <antonela> hello!
18:59:25 <boklm> hi!
18:59:35 <pospeselr> hi hello
18:59:38 <GeKo> meeting updates are at https://storm.torproject.org/shared/tHoN4Ii7rLSjPE0OP4gydX4cMGadsXmRQNc-6lwru0N
18:59:57 <GeKo> please add your item and flags things bold if you want to talk about any
19:00:09 <sysrqb> o/
19:00:33 <sisbell> hi
19:03:30 <GeKo> okay, let's get started.
19:03:51 <GeKo> pospeselr: re your build issues
19:04:10 <GeKo> that#s wierd
19:04:39 <GeKo> i've been building a lot of bundles during the last week and never had any build isue
19:04:43 <GeKo> issue
19:05:05 <boklm> there was no issue in nightly builds too
19:05:13 <GeKo> i guess you could file bugs on trac?
19:05:19 <GeKo> yeah
19:09:05 <GeKo> okay
19:09:27 <GeKo> tjr: you are up
19:11:06 <GeKo> i have not checked the latest comment on the rust proxy bypass stuff
19:11:22 <GeKo> i can try to squeeze this in this week and comment on the ticket
19:12:05 <GeKo> hi!
19:12:11 <brade> hi
19:12:38 <GeKo> i wonder whether I have talked to myself the whole time :)
19:12:57 <GeKo> 19:11 <+GeKo> tjr: you are up
19:12:57 <GeKo> 19:12 <+GeKo> i have not checked the latest comment on the rust proxy bypass stuff
19:12:58 <GeKo> 19:13 <+GeKo> i can try to squeeze this in this week and comment on the ticket
19:12:58 <sysrqb> oh, maybe :)
19:13:09 <pospeselr> i believe you did :)
19:13:12 <brade> I didn’t see that
19:13:17 <sisbell> yeah, I didn't see any of those messages
19:13:23 <GeKo> sysrqb: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1376621#c12 night be interesting for you, too
19:13:29 <sysrqb> yeah, i just read it
19:13:37 <sysrqb> i think the answer is "yes"
19:13:45 <GeKo> good
19:14:53 <GeKo> pospeselr: you saw the comments on your build issues?
19:15:16 <pospeselr> only what boklm said in the meeting notes
19:15:46 <tjr> I didn't see anything from you between "please add your items" and "tjr you are up"
19:15:53 <GeKo> 19:05 <+GeKo> that#s wierd
19:15:53 <GeKo> 19:06 -!- mode/#tor-meeting [+v anadahz] by ChanServ
19:15:53 <GeKo> 19:06 <+GeKo> i've been building a lot of bundles during the last week and never
19:15:53 <GeKo> had any build isue
19:15:53 <GeKo> 19:06 <+GeKo> issue
19:15:55 <GeKo> 19:06 < boklm> there was no issue in nightly builds too
19:15:55 <GeKo> 19:06 <+GeKo> i guess you could file bugs on trac?
19:15:57 <GeKo> 19:07 <+GeKo> yeah
19:16:10 <pospeselr> ok good to know!
19:16:14 <antonela> yes
19:16:29 <pospeselr> the servo thing could be just an ubuntu issue
19:16:32 <GeKo> tjr: then you should have the full picture now :)
19:16:37 <pospeselr> but we'll see if it repos on this PC
19:17:04 <GeKo> great
19:17:13 <tjr> Okay; the accessibility thing is sad. Not sure how to debug that; I will have to ask aklotz I think =/
19:17:24 <tjr> As for rust, sounds good; thanks
19:18:46 <GeKo> okay, anything else for the status updates for today?
19:20:10 <GeKo> alright, discussion items
19:20:33 <GeKo> moving the meeting by X minutes
19:21:09 <pospeselr> I'm ok with that
19:21:11 <antonela> i can do it earlier
19:21:18 <tjr> ditto
19:21:22 <mcs> Either is fine
19:21:23 <boklm> ditto
19:21:24 <GeKo> right now for me at least 1900 UTC is the earliest i can unless we want to do the meeting way earlier, like 1500UTC
19:22:03 <sisbell> what time are we looking at?
19:22:17 <GeKo> 18:30UTC or 1800UTC
19:22:27 <sisbell> that works for me
19:22:37 <GeKo> let me ask
19:22:49 <brade> Is the conflict still a conflict if we move to 1900 UTC on Tuesdays?
19:23:35 <GeKo> sysrqb: okay, i think i could 1830 UTC as well
19:23:44 <GeKo> but that conflicts with the network team meeting
19:23:56 <GeKo> so we'd need to start using a different room
19:23:59 <GeKo> etc.
19:24:16 <GeKo> (the same holds if we moved to 1800 UTC)
19:24:27 <sysrqb> yeah, i think we can use tor-meting2
19:24:39 <sysrqb> without much problem
19:25:05 <GeKo> okay, 1830 works for me
19:25:11 <sysrqb> but does anyone else have a conflict with moving this meeting earlier?
19:25:23 <GeKo> not sure about igt0
19:25:32 <GeKo> but it seemed everyone else was fine
19:25:40 <GeKo> (not sure about pili either)
19:25:55 <sysrqb> great, thanks
19:26:04 <GeKo> i try to find that out and then send a mail to tbb-dev
19:26:13 <GeKo> (assuming we are all fine with it)
19:26:25 <sysrqb> i can send an email after the meeting to tbb-dev@ and ask if anyone has a conflict
19:26:28 <sysrqb> okay, thanks
19:26:31 <sysrqb> even better
19:26:42 <GeKo> sure
19:26:49 <brade> Next Monday is a US Holiday (MLK day)
19:26:53 <GeKo> then we have #29035
19:27:15 <GeKo> brade: great, thanks. then let's figure out next monday first
19:27:35 <GeKo> can we do tue 1900 UTC instead for this one meeting?
19:27:51 <GeKo> that is 1/22?
19:28:04 <mcs> works for brade and me
19:28:06 <sisbell> that time works
19:28:31 <pospeselr> that works
19:28:33 <boklm> works for me
19:29:02 <antonela> geko, yes
19:29:07 <antonela> works for me
19:29:21 <GeKo> sysrqb: ?
19:29:22 * tjr has to go; but would mentor the crash reporter for gsoc again
19:29:31 <GeKo> noted, o/
19:31:01 <GeKo> okay, #29035
19:31:12 <GeKo> are we good with the proposed plan?
19:31:29 <antonela> yep, will work on tba mocks tomorrow morning
19:32:03 <GeKo> okay, great
19:32:27 <GeKo> i guess i can try implementing this this week
19:32:49 <antonela> super, thanks!
19:33:02 <GeKo> then we have the tor launcher/torbutton redoing plan
19:33:20 <sysrqb> (tues works for me)
19:33:27 <GeKo> i think it's too early to have this in 8.5
19:33:46 <GeKo> but i'd like to aim for both being ready for 9.0a1
19:34:01 <GeKo> which would probably be out end of march/begin of april
19:34:25 <GeKo> i think that would give us enough testing time before the esr68 transition starts
19:34:27 <mcs> aiming for 9.0a1 sounds good to me
19:34:36 <GeKo> and gives us some time to implement all the things
19:34:42 <antonela> nice
19:34:46 <GeKo> i'll coordinate the torbutton part with igt0
19:36:01 <GeKo> okay, if that sounds good
19:36:09 <GeKo> then we have 1 more item on the list so far:
19:36:19 <GeKo> GSoC mentors/projects
19:36:36 <GeKo> we should start brainstorming items if we want to mentor stuff
19:36:53 <GeKo> i am not exactly sure when the timeframe will be
19:37:09 <GeKo> but the "S" for "Summer" lloks suspicious :)
19:37:12 <GeKo> *looks
19:37:45 <GeKo> so, i anyone has a project already in the pipeline let us know
19:38:09 <GeKo> otherwise we'll use this weeks meeting as a reminder
19:38:16 <GeKo> to nail things more down next week
19:39:38 <GeKo> okay, anything else for today we should discuss?
19:40:55 <GeKo> thanks everyone then *baf*
19:40:57 <GeKo> #endmeeting