13:58:19 <antonela> #startmeeting ux team
13:58:19 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Feb  5 13:58:19 2019 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
13:58:19 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
13:58:22 <antonela> hello all!
13:58:33 <antonela> FOSDEM was great dunqan
13:58:51 <antonela> i met Open Design folks, there were a full room of people interested in design
13:59:11 <dunqan> nice!
13:59:14 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Yeah it was good to see so many Tor folks this year
13:59:19 <antonela> we should attract more designers, seems like there were more devs lookings for designers than designers looking for devs
13:59:47 <antonela> and i think it is our part, like talk and reflect on our practice, what we are doing with our work, the impact we have in peoples daily lifes
13:59:52 <antonela> anyways, was good
14:00:00 <antonela> yee, a huge tor crew as elio said
14:00:21 <antonela> t-shirts ended on the first 5 hours of booth i think
14:00:57 <antonela> okey, lets start
14:01:38 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/iHzTDUw8UCNPo0k9mRXbwLk5Ysrs_qsxK4XLO4p7F9w <--- updates
14:02:22 <pili> hi!
14:02:35 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/WQ1Tkb3_kB8aLKQuJHYJ-IjnP2DC4TaLhKDdpvm_gk2 <-- roadmap
14:02:37 <antonela> hello pili!
14:03:44 <dunqan> hey pili
14:03:53 <antonela> dunqan, great review on the onboarding flows, that is exactly what we need when i talk about having more designers into the discussions, thanks !
14:04:03 <antonela> give me this week to work on it and back to you
14:05:13 <antonela> emmapeel is not here today, do we have hiro? i think is off too due travels
14:05:31 <dunqan> No problem at all! I'm second-guessing what I've proposed atm, would you mind firing me the sketch file for #28329?
14:05:43 <dunqan> I'd like to have a wee play around with the Network screen if that's cool :)
14:06:46 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> added some things. Not all exclusively UX related but thought it's worth mentioning
14:07:25 <antonela> dunqan: yes its cool, i talked with sysrqb, our tba dev who is working on it, there are some features which we have in desktop now that we are not going to have on this iteration of tba, but is useful if we talk about them too
14:07:51 <antonela> elioqoshi, thanks! i think the meeting today was ok, working per section will make feedback easier
14:08:06 <dunqan> Ah awesome, thanks – I've got an alternative idea that may work in that case then
14:08:30 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I got a draft of the websites section already. Will share once had more progress later today
14:08:43 <antonela> and also, i dont want you to put a lot of hours in something that im sure will need iteration, so if we make review cycles shorter is better for all fo us
14:08:49 <antonela> yes, awesome, thank you!
14:09:01 <antonela> elioqoshi talk in FOSDEM was great too!
14:09:08 <antonela> dunqan, exciting :)
14:09:20 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> likewise for yours too antonela :)
14:09:30 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Was a good combo together with l10n lab
14:09:58 <antonela> yes, good hattrick
14:10:58 <antonela> pili: what is the plan for the tor browser vision meeting?
14:11:13 <pili> I was hoping to do it this week but we'll see
14:11:25 <pili> next week I wanted to do it with community team and maybe ux team also
14:11:48 <pili> otherwise I'll have to push one of the brainstorms out by another week... but then I'll be in India
14:11:54 <pili> it's tricky scheduling :/
14:12:07 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I had a random idea of posting a posting on the Open Source Design Job Board for Designers to get involved in the Tor UX Team?
14:12:25 <antonela> yep, i can join this week on thursday or friday, is 11PM here, but is like _fine_
14:12:32 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Do we have any actionable item which needs UX help we could reach out to designers?
14:12:40 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> This way we might attract new blood
14:12:48 <antonela> elioqoshi, yes, or maybe we can organice first which needs work
14:13:12 <pili> antonela: I'll see if anyone else replies and decide what to do
14:13:26 <pili> I don't think it will happen today anyway
14:13:38 <antonela> pili, great, but what is the idea? discuss the future of tor browser for this year? in 5 years?
14:13:48 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> dunqan, you asked me something last meeting, right? Can't remember what it was
14:13:55 <pili> it's about where we want to be in 2 years
14:14:03 <pili> not short term, but near future :)
14:14:07 <pili> if that makes sense
14:14:07 <antonela> okey, two years seems near future
14:14:08 <antonela> yes yes
14:14:22 <pili> (glad we're on the same page :D )
14:14:25 <antonela> nice, i have throughs, wondering if we are all in the same page :)
14:14:26 <antonela> hahahha
14:14:45 <antonela> oki, good stuff pili
14:14:46 <antonela> hello Fabby!
14:14:56 <Fabby> hi !
14:15:05 <dunqan> elioqoshi, ah yeah! I was hoping we could have a catchup so I can better understand the work you do for OONI, and how it crosses over to Tor etc.
14:15:37 <antonela> how are you? we are organizing Tor presence in IFF and i wrote you last week because i wanted to know the status of the mobile talk we have together!
14:15:50 <antonela> seems like it is approved :) lets meet at some point this month to organize it?
14:15:54 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Ah right. Happy to do it this week dunqan
14:16:00 <antonela> fabby ^^
14:16:22 <Fabby> Sounds good!
14:16:33 <antonela> do you have plans in mind for it?
14:16:40 <dunqan> great, thanks elio – I'll PM you after the meeting :)
14:16:41 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> FYI I will be at IFF as well
14:16:55 <antonela> elioqoshi, superr
14:16:56 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Having a Design Speed Dating session with Georgia from Simply Secure
14:17:04 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Let me know if I can help otherwise
14:17:17 <Fabby> many exiting things happening for this year! Right now we are reaching out to the iOS Tor community
14:17:26 <antonela> what is a Design Speed Dating session elioqoshi?
14:18:38 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Good question, Georgia proposed it. Projects will pass by and ask for UX help and we have a short chat on how they can improve upon these actions and hopefully outline next steps
14:18:57 <antonela> i see, projects who needs designers
14:19:00 <Fabby> in order to improve the Onion Browser, once we have that data and our road map we will be ready to structure our session
14:19:23 <antonela> elioqoshi nice, all what simply secure doesnt take can go to open design folks haha
14:19:32 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> That was my understanding. Will check again with Georgia closer to the event
14:20:06 <antonela> Fabby great, but are we going it touch Tor Browser for Android too? or is just focused on iOS?
14:20:08 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Heh yeah, at the end of the Open Source Design should be a meeting point rather than an organization itself
14:20:29 <antonela> Fabby i thought it was a shared talk? maybe i'm confused
14:20:42 <antonela> elioqoshi gotcha makes sense
14:20:58 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Is there anything Usability Research / Testing related one could contribute?
14:21:13 <antonela> at Tor now? YES
14:21:35 <Fabby> it's about both of them
14:21:37 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Asking as I could introduce our Usability Researcher and she could do some interviews in person
14:21:56 <antonela> elioqoshi that could be great
14:21:59 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> She did some stuff for Thunderbird and I2P in the past
14:22:13 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> and Briar
14:22:15 <antonela> Fabby oh great, that is what i had in mind
14:23:05 <Fabby> yes! officially introducing both to the IFF community
14:23:16 <antonela> elioqoshi super, if things goes as expected there will be a new tor browser for when IFF starts, so, core features we are improving will receive a round of testing by then
14:23:18 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> So if TBA could need some testing we can do that. Okay I will get her started and try for her to attend the meeting next week
14:23:28 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Coolio
14:23:33 <antonela> elioqoshi perfect, thanks!
14:23:59 <antonela> Fabby awesome, again, if things goes as expected, we could have a great TBA version too
14:24:19 <antonela> okey, IFF is taking shape, im excited *___*
14:24:59 <Fabby> We were thinking of a very hands on session where people could see the apps working and test them
14:25:11 <Fabby> maybe bring a few test devices
14:25:13 <antonela> yess lets do it fabby
14:25:24 <antonela> i have two androids, different age each of them hehe
14:25:34 <Fabby> even go through the installation
14:25:36 <antonela> and one iphone 6S
14:25:37 <antonela> yes
14:25:49 <antonela> finding on stores and all the process
14:26:09 <Fabby> I have two test Androids too and now and iPad mini
14:26:26 <antonela> team I'll need all your help this week and next, hiro and I are making huge efforts to have tpo.org and tpo.org/about ready for release, i'll send an email but basically, we need some of you doing QA, mostly links, visual bugs and this last minutes stuffs
14:26:59 <antonela> i'll send an email with instructions about how is the best way to leave feedback, but i'm trying hard to push it out
14:27:17 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Sure, happy to do a review
14:27:31 <dunqan> happy to help!
14:27:40 <dunqan> browser/device testing too?
14:27:55 <pili> I can help out also
14:28:35 <antonela> all of them dunqan, diversity is embraced
14:28:46 <antonela> great, thanks a lot! i'll send an email this week about it
14:28:54 <antonela> what else people?
14:30:01 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Not much. I am kicking off the HTTPS Everywhere redesign with EFF and OTF Usability Lab
14:30:14 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Might be relevant since it will ship with TB as well
14:30:20 <dunqan> I've got more Tor time than usual this week (got caught up moving studios last week unfortunately) so feel free to fire anything you need looked at over :)
14:31:07 <Fabby> Antonela, let's talk by the end of this week, sounds good?
14:31:21 <antonela> Fabby yes, thanks!
14:31:33 <antonela> dunqan, will do!
14:31:51 <antonela> elioqoshi, yes that is great, i hope that happen
14:33:20 <Fabby> bye
14:34:01 <antonela> if we are done, then it will be a short meeting
14:34:08 <antonela> are we groot? pili am i missing anything?
14:34:17 <antonela> bye fabby thanks for coming!
14:34:19 <pili> I don't think so
14:36:37 <antonela> oki, its a wrap so
14:36:41 <antonela> thanks all! have a lovely week!
14:36:43 <antonela> #endmeeting