16:02:13 <flexlibris> #startmeeting
16:02:13 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Apr  8 16:02:13 2019 UTC.  The chair is flexlibris. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:02:13 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:02:15 <GeKo> heh
16:02:16 <flexlibris> who has an update?
16:02:27 * GeKo get silent in this channel
16:02:31 <GeKo> *gets
16:02:48 <ggus> i have some updates
16:03:38 * emmapeel met with lots of users and translators in Valencia las week, maybe some more people is going to help us with the Farsi and the Arabic.
16:03:57 <flexlibris> that's awesome
16:04:01 <flexlibris> any other IFF updates?
16:04:55 <ggus> yes, one sec
16:05:21 <antonela> people loved our outreach material, we should have it ready in a lot of languages when the community portal goes live
16:05:22 <ggus> flexlibris: do you know this folks: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/kz3xyz/detroit-mesh-network
16:05:42 <pili> antonela: yes! lots of people were asking to get a digital version of it :D
16:05:49 <Phoul> I gave a talk at RRC on Thursday to a room full of college students and IT industry professionals. There was good engagement, and everyone was very impressed with how easy the Tor Browser has gotten to be. Some of the website mirrors are acting up with the new website though (college blocked tp.o, so we used mirrors)
16:05:54 <flexlibris> no i dont ggus
16:06:53 <pili> flexlibris: there was also someone who has a travelling library they take to laundromats iirc?
16:07:15 <flexlibris> oh i dont think i know about that either
16:08:10 <kushal> Hello everyone.
16:08:21 <flexlibris> hi kushal
16:08:35 <flexlibris> anyone else have IFF updates? or other outreach?
16:08:38 <kushal> antonela's outreach materials made everyone look twice, it was amazing.
16:09:00 <kushal> I brought back a few of those to India.
16:09:28 <flexlibris> i heard they were a huge hit@
16:09:30 <flexlibris> !
16:09:31 <flexlibris> that rules
16:09:34 <flexlibris> i cant wait to get some copies
16:10:01 <ggus> these folks from detroit are doing a great work building mesh networks in local communities and they are going to build a course about online privacy
16:10:56 <kushal> Also ggus is the best meme maker in the world.
16:11:13 <kushal> IFF was going crazy with his work.
16:11:16 <flexlibris> heehehehe
16:11:46 <emmapeel> heheh yeah!
16:12:19 <kat5> ggus: Sounds like we should get in on that. That's a very cool project.
16:13:36 <cy63113> hi everyone. sorry i'm late
16:13:44 <flexlibris> no worries cy
16:13:55 <kushal> cy63113, hi there
16:13:55 <flexlibris> who else has an update?
16:14:08 <kushal> I have one different update.
16:14:13 <flexlibris> sure
16:14:49 <flexlibris> also kushal i never heard back from you about our rightscon panel, are you able to make it?
16:14:51 <kushal> In July we are planning to do a Use Tor in your college kind of event through out India, will try to contact as many colleges as possible.
16:15:00 <kushal> flexlibris, oh, I thought I replied, my mistake.
16:15:17 <kushal> flexlibris, I got conference ticket, will ask for hotel booking + figure out flight by tomorrow.
16:15:29 <flexlibris> okay great!
16:15:45 <kushal> flexlibris, sorry for the miscommunication from my side.
16:16:13 <flexlibris> that's okay
16:17:15 <kushal> end of update.
16:17:26 <cy63113> i have a little update
16:17:27 <flexlibris> great
16:17:29 <flexlibris> sure cy
16:17:57 <cy63113> I'm going to Berlin and I'll run a talkwith Pyladies
16:18:00 <cy63113> https://www.meetup.com/pt-BR/PyLadies-Berlin/events/260229080/
16:18:19 <cy63113> https://twitter.com/PyLadiesBer/status/1113846150119948288
16:19:01 <cy63113> and I'm aplying to be a Mozilla fellow
16:19:06 <cy63113> (fingers crossed)
16:19:13 <cy63113> that's it :)
16:19:45 <flexlibris> that meetup looks great Cy
16:20:41 <flexlibris> anyone else?
16:20:48 <flexlibris> i can go quickly
16:20:56 <flexlibris> i am still fully immersed in lfi prep
16:21:05 <flexlibris> writing curriculum plans every day
16:21:16 <flexlibris> i hope we can get the announcement out soon
16:21:33 <flexlibris> also doing the preliminary coordination for our rightscon panel and discussing the upcoming mexico trip with gus
16:21:34 <flexlibris> that's it for me
16:22:15 <flexlibris> anyone else?
16:22:39 <ggus> some other news: cryptorave was 107% funded, and we submitted 4 tor activities
16:22:52 <cy63113> <3 <3 <3
16:23:21 <ggus> it's still possible to get your exclusive swag (only 4 more days) :)
16:23:53 <ggus> this week doing colombia trip logistics with ux team
16:24:27 <ggus> our tor training week will be april 22 - 30
16:25:02 <antonela> yep, sending an email about it today so we can sync about user research tomorrow during the ux meeting
16:25:40 <flexlibris> i'm writing in the wrong window over here
16:25:43 <flexlibris> lol
16:25:44 <antonela> hahaha
16:26:04 <flexlibris> ggus are you visiting many of the same people or a different set?
16:26:19 <emmapeel> heh
16:26:26 <ggus> we included one more city this time!
16:26:36 <ggus> bogota, popayan, cali and medellin
16:26:54 <egypcio> ping? am I late?
16:28:23 <ggus> we have more partners involved this time in colombia
16:28:41 <ggus> some of them we met again in this IFF
16:29:26 <ggus> i'll need to print the outreach material in spanish version
16:30:48 <flexlibris> cool!
16:30:56 <ggus> and one more thing: wednesday, 10, 1600utc, we will have our monthly global south meeting in #tor-south
16:31:16 <ggus> (done)
16:32:12 <flexlibris> any more people?
16:32:32 <egypcio> can I? super quick
16:32:43 <flexlibris> sure
16:34:19 <egypcio> so, fortaleza(br) is getting some massive Tor talks since I arrived; tomorrow will be the second one (in a university). after CriptoBaiao I got chance to meet more people face to face and share/explain more about the project. the acceptance here is amazing
16:35:28 <cy63113> cool!
16:35:29 <egypcio> I also presented securedrop and other tools that some did not know about. worked to explain how things work and translated some documents to ptBR - shared with Gus already
16:35:50 <flexlibris> awesome
16:36:07 <egypcio> pushed the presentation to github. less than 100slides
16:36:22 <egypcio> github.com/egypcio/criptobaiao
16:36:50 <egypcio> its in ptBR; and I talk for about 3~4 hours
16:37:33 <egypcio> somehow, we did not see time fly. last time at Criptoaiao was great
16:38:21 <egypcio> think thats it. done
16:38:30 <flexlibris> great stuff egypcio
16:39:51 <egypcio> the public is super diverse. for tomorrow, will be even more - AFAIK
16:40:00 <flexlibris> thats great to hear
16:40:51 <egypcio> <3
16:41:22 <flexlibris> any other updates?
16:41:57 <egypcio> from my side? that was the most important. // in parellel always working to push more stuff to *bsd (last one war measurement kit)
16:42:06 <flexlibris> i meant from anyone :)
16:42:10 <egypcio> s/war/was
16:42:16 <gman999> :)
16:42:26 <ggus> ahhah look who arrived
16:42:31 <egypcio> ^_^
16:42:45 <ggus> when you say BSD...
16:42:56 <kushal> hehe
16:42:57 <gman999> :)
16:43:02 <gman999> here here
16:43:04 <gman999> nothing doing.  just watching
16:43:19 <gman999> outside of UFCW lockout of meat depts at Key Food groceries...
16:43:46 <gman999> seriously, am curious on any community related stuff in stockholm we could manage
16:44:15 <ggus> this time we will not have open days. maybe we could do a tor meetup before it?
16:44:29 <ggus> s/we/you :P
16:44:42 <gman999> ha
16:44:52 <ggus> hehe
16:44:57 <gman999> or even something at night?  a social?
16:48:13 <ggus> yes, looks good idea
16:48:28 <gman999> *something* should happen in some form.
16:49:05 <flexlibris> usually the nights are a little taken up
16:49:12 <flexlibris> so planning should happen now
16:49:14 <ggus> if it was in mexico, i'd know the answer...
16:49:32 <gman999> great input ggus!
16:49:54 * gman999 hint: it's stockholm not cdmx :)
16:50:11 <flexlibris> hehe
16:50:17 <flexlibris> anyone else have updates or thoughts to share with the group?
16:51:16 <flexlibris> seems like no
16:51:35 <flexlibris> okay i will kill the bot then. thanks everyone for your updates!
16:51:36 <flexlibris> #endmeeting