14:00:23 <antonela> #startmeeting ux team
14:00:23 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Apr 16 14:00:23 2019 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:23 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:27 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Hola!
14:00:36 <antonela> hola people
14:00:45 <antonela> hi elioqoshi, dunqan and emmapeel!
14:00:48 * antonela opens the pad
14:01:05 <dunqan> hi! :)
14:01:06 <emmapeel> o/
14:01:35 <antonela> lets add updates and agenda topics to the pad https://storm.torproject.org/shared/FTF3KDGCXkw7i17ZCMRf_8fXe7ydtsjQLle4XT6H-W1
14:02:50 <ggus> hola!
14:02:57 <hiro> hola
14:03:32 <pari> o/
14:03:45 <antonela> hey pari
14:08:04 <antonela> dunqan: pili is on vacations, what is the issue with #29768?
14:08:31 <dunqan> no issue, just to update the roadmap
14:08:56 <antonela> elioqoshi did you review https://github.com/ooni/explorer/issues/35?
14:08:59 <antonela> dunqan: oh gotcha
14:09:04 <dunqan> (pili said to let them know of any changes to task status)
14:09:12 <antonela> perfect, thanks!
14:09:35 <dunqan> no prob!
14:11:38 <antonela> emmapeel: what is the status of fr locale in tpo.org?
14:12:05 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> antonela, yeah had some github issues overflow
14:12:22 <antonela> emmapeel: ka looks great, https://www.torproject.org/ka/
14:12:33 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I have a few things to add there but tackled the landing page updates first
14:12:44 <emmapeel> yeah it looks like it is not really translated... i noticed the other day (blush) but i forgot about it. not sure what to do regarding .fr because i guess it is going to be translated soon-ish!
14:13:10 <emmapeel> fr is currently enabled but there are some strings that are not translated
14:13:13 <antonela> elioqoshi: oh okey, im going to be around for the retrospective today, i wanted to be sure that it was handled
14:13:24 <antonela> yes, that is why im asking emmapeel, do we need a twitter call?
14:14:50 <emmapeel> we can have more calls for sure! we had one last week and we got many translators
14:15:18 <emmapeel> Korean getting sorted out with the call I think, maybe Polish too
14:15:51 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Anyhow the measurement pages are still too far from the mockups
14:16:04 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> And my last comment hasn't been fully addressed yet
14:16:27 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I will update the ticket with this
14:16:34 <antonela> emmapeel yes i think is great, what if we do it regularly every two weeks? like call for translations wednesday, or somethign like it?
14:16:54 <antonela> elioqoshi, yes i saw it, and i was wondering if i was looking at the wrong links :(
14:17:01 <emmapeel> good idea! i will let stephw know.
14:17:11 <emmapeel> maybe we could have a link somewhere in the footer or something
14:17:14 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> for example: http://ooni-explorer-next.test.ooni.io/measurement?report_id=20190326T163342Z_AS267164_tDXK6sBlPjHmi220kZRKZhY6fRBgqsLT6unDEfbfPdj9Q55i7T&input=http://www.dreamstime.com/free-images_pg1  It's not very different from when I commented first
14:17:25 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Hang on, adding my stuff to the pad
14:17:31 <antonela> elioqoshi anw, any comment at the issue is appreciated
14:17:32 <antonela> yes, thanks
14:18:36 <slacktopus> <hellais> @elioqoshi yeah please update the issue with the things that need to be addressed in order to complete the issue
14:18:52 <slacktopus> <hellais> As a heads up we only have 2 more weeks of work left on this
14:19:19 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> The mockups have all the specs needed for the needed changes and it didn't change from 2 months ago
14:19:37 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I can go through it one by one but that defeats the purpose of the mockups
14:19:44 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> As we spent a lot of time on that altogether
14:20:01 <slacktopus> <hellais> Sometimes developers don’t have the eye of a designer, which is why I asked you to look at them 22 days ago
14:21:01 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> If that is the attitude we should have we shouldn't have designed mockups and went right ahead into pair designing with the developers
14:21:30 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Figma outputs CSS for all elements specifically
14:22:27 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> It's also not very forthcoming to talk about how many days ago exactly something was discussed or not
14:23:16 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I gave my feedback on the pages 5 months ago and they haven't been addressed. I don't think it's productive to mention that however
14:23:25 <antonela> okey, is fine, i can do a quick review. We don't need a pixel perfect thing there, we just need to have some hierarchies following the mockup.
14:23:40 <antonela> can i have the dev for some hours next week hellais?
14:23:51 <slacktopus> <hellais> @hola yes!
14:23:58 <antonela> so we can work maybe 1 or 2 hours intense and fix all the details
14:24:07 <antonela> cool, we can coordinate about it during the retrospective
14:24:18 <slacktopus> <hellais> :+1:
14:27:18 <antonela> elioqoshi, i'll point to your latest review to make sure that most of it gets addressed, thanks for running that review
14:27:49 <antonela> okey, lets see the agenda items
14:27:56 <antonela> elioqoshi do you want to show us the landings?
14:28:05 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Yeah, let me get the figma
14:28:44 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> https://www.figma.com/file/OElUj1XR5SmbXUpWVzl8iton/Explorer-Landing-Page?node-id=204%3A2954
14:28:55 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Landing Page and Mobile version updates here
14:30:55 * antonela is opening
14:31:14 <antonela> i love the dotted map at the hero zone
14:31:29 <antonela> maybe next iteration can have some animation there, like some dots shining
14:31:55 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Hellais actually did
14:32:03 <antonela> oh nice
14:32:04 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> It will be animated with a measurement data source
14:32:17 <dunqan> yeah it's really nice!
14:32:20 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> So circles blink/grow based on measurements
14:32:27 <antonela> nice, the nerd way, like it
14:32:34 <antonela> Censorship Highlights, do we want the icons there?
14:32:35 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Country Mobile Page and Measurement Page
14:32:36 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> https://www.figma.com/file/Z6PtVLW7YkqcTRIRsO2Qzg/Explorer-Country-Pages?node-id=1319%3A1136
14:33:11 <antonela> the menu looks perfect
14:34:46 <antonela> if we are going to achieve it for the mobile, maybe is easier to have in desktop what i suggested
14:34:53 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Please note it's not really cleaned up yet
14:35:25 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Yeah I followed that discussion and will update the desktop mockups as well to get that inline after having addressed these other more urgent things
14:35:48 <antonela> https://screenshots.firefox.com/xrZJ6aga4SsyimXx/www.figma.com
14:36:01 <antonela> this is very small, we can collapse the padding and use the entire width
14:36:40 <antonela> like you have in instant messaging
14:37:34 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> True. Can you add that as a comment in Figma so I can refer to it?
14:37:37 <antonela> si
14:37:46 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Generally for anything if anyone has something
14:37:57 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Also thanks for the kind words dunqan :slightly_smiling_face:
14:38:49 <dunqan> o/
14:39:37 <antonela> made some comments, small picky things
14:40:38 <antonela> okey, anything else?
14:40:49 * antonela seems a short meeting today
14:41:24 <emmapeel> not from me
14:41:33 <dunqan> nopes
14:42:13 <antonela> great, thanks folks!
14:42:26 <antonela> #endmeeting