14:00:08 <antonela> #startmeeting ux-team
14:00:08 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Apr 23 14:00:08 2019 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:08 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:12 <antonela> hey o/
14:00:17 <dunqan> hola!
14:00:28 <pili> o/
14:00:37 <emmapeel> buenas!
14:00:42 <antonela> hello people, the last ux team meeting of april today?
14:00:54 <antonela> oh no
14:00:55 <pili> next week it's also april :D
14:00:58 <emmapeel> maybe not?
14:00:59 <antonela> good
14:01:02 <antonela> haha
14:01:05 <pili> (I was just looking at the calendar :D)
14:01:26 <emmapeel> (im training in non violent communication)
14:01:45 <antonela> lets start as usual adding updates at the pad https://storm.torproject.org/shared/RcO6QsfiIe2RUqbOSdjX1cJD9bLtYyfSJ2GgMukkvoq
14:01:55 <antonela> and filling the agenda if is needed
14:02:04 <antonela> wow non violent communication, but verbal emmapeel?
14:02:20 <emmapeel> i meant because i said 'maybe not' instead of NO!
14:02:23 <emmapeel> :D
14:03:10 <antonela> ahhh
14:03:11 <antonela> haha
14:04:31 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I don't have much to add today. It's mostly updating mockups and giving a hand to Sarath
14:04:46 <antonela> is good elioqoshi, i have a question
14:05:29 <antonela> all what is left in Explorer is  https://github.com/ooni/explorer/labels/UX
14:05:35 <antonela> ux world related
14:06:21 <antonela> is there any other issues without ux label that needs review? elioqoshi
14:08:30 <antonela> dunqan, personas are looking awesome, could we set up some time this week to review it together over tor-ux?
14:08:49 <dunqan> thanks, for sure!
14:08:58 * antonela checks her calendar
14:09:03 <dunqan> thought the original template wasn't the most glanceable for presenting to the wider team
14:09:12 <dunqan> also tried to replace the emoji with iconography instead :P
14:09:19 <antonela> jiji
14:09:30 <antonela> tomorrow or Thu morning?
14:09:31 <slacktopus> <hellais> @hola @elioqoshi I did a pass at adding the UX label to a couple of issues that didn’t have it
14:09:48 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Thanks!
14:09:56 <antonela> hellais, awesome, so everything is listed at https://github.com/ooni/explorer/labels/UX
14:10:09 <antonela> i want to make sure that i can review those this week
14:10:48 <antonela> elioqoshi one last thing, did you work with Sarath on refining final UI details last week?
14:10:51 <slacktopus> <hellais> It should be and I will keep in mind that the label is what you are using to monitor what needs input
14:11:04 <antonela> hellais grazie
14:12:19 <antonela> emmapeel: i have one for you, what happened with the strings at about:tor in TBA? as far as i know, it comes from the same source as desktop.
14:12:52 <emmapeel> i think not, antonela ... well they repeat on the file
14:13:25 <emmapeel> also for example in TOr Browser they are 'You're ready' but in TBA is "You\'re ready"
14:13:31 <emmapeel> and there is all the swiping to translate
14:13:45 <antonela> i see
14:13:59 <emmapeel> but nevertheless, there are strings translated on transifex that don appear on the phone
14:14:14 <emmapeel> for example the home page shold appear translated
14:14:17 <antonela> i'll bring it to the browser meeting today so we can sync with sysrqb about it
14:14:28 <emmapeel> ok!
14:14:32 <antonela> thanks emmapeel, your visualizations looks beautiful <3
14:14:36 * emmapeel looks for a ticket
14:14:47 <emmapeel> thanks antonela! maybe i can do more abot other stuff
14:15:05 <emmapeel> i quite liked to do it although they took me a while each
14:15:50 <emmapeel> but i can reuse the code and get them easily updated so i will use them a lot
14:16:01 <emmapeel> i was actually using them today to see the situation of the languages
14:16:01 <antonela> yes, but they are great, needs some details about what is showing, some references. The 200% is the total with reviews? i thought that 100% is strings completed, 200% strings reviewed
14:16:12 <emmapeel> yes exactly
14:16:22 <antonela> nice
14:16:29 <antonela> yes is very cool
14:16:51 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> antonela, I might have some updates for https everywhere though
14:16:56 <antonela> dunqan: tomorrow or Thu morning?
14:17:02 <antonela> elioqoshi, one sec
14:17:11 <dunqan> tomorrow would be perfect
14:17:14 <dunqan> any time that works for you
14:17:17 <antonela> super, ping me when you are in
14:17:28 <dunqan> cool, will do!
14:17:32 <antonela> thanks!
14:17:57 <GeKo> antonela: #30069
14:18:09 <GeKo> i hope to get to it for 8.5
14:18:17 <antonela> GeKo, oh cool
14:18:24 <GeKo> we have the onboarding translated in the last alpha
14:18:28 <emmapeel> oh great GeKo
14:18:31 <GeKo> which is a big step forward
14:18:44 <GeKo> and #30069 is the last  missing piece afaik
14:18:59 <emmapeel> GeKo: can you take screenshots? i cannot seem to do it in TBA
14:19:23 <emmapeel> something about privacy options
14:19:44 <antonela> is not enable in TBA emmapeel
14:19:45 <emmapeel> how can i access the onboarding if it is not the first install?
14:19:56 <antonela> s/enable/enabled
14:19:59 <emmapeel> antonela: i wold like to have some screenshots for the translation
14:20:09 <emmapeel> is there any way to get them?
14:20:15 <emmapeel> (in english)
14:20:19 <antonela> emmapeel: yes i know, that is why we discussed fastline for it
14:20:24 <antonela> i can give you emmapeel
14:20:56 <emmapeel> yes please it would be great
14:21:02 <antonela> now, in a regular installation screenshots are not available
14:21:03 <emmapeel> translations become much better with screenshots :D
14:21:06 <antonela> i know
14:21:24 <antonela> okey, moving forward with the agenda item
14:21:41 <antonela> pili, do you want to run triage of the website in this meeting?
14:21:49 <antonela> pili, why is that?
14:22:01 <pili> hi
14:22:09 <GeKo> emmapeel: answered in #tor-dev
14:22:14 <pili> I thought we had said to do it the first meeting of the month :)
14:22:42 <pili> I think it would be good to do it during the meeting if it does not take up a huge amount of time
14:22:46 <pili> the first one may take a while
14:22:54 <pili> but otherwise it would be good to get everyone involved
14:23:09 <antonela> the first meeting of the month, but which meeting? i thought about the website weekly meeting
14:23:20 <antonela> if they are going to happen on irc, we could have more collabs there
14:23:29 <emmapeel> irc++
14:23:56 <pili> sorry, I was thinking about UX tickets
14:24:00 <pili> not just website ones
14:24:20 <pili> but yes, website tickets should be done during website meeting which will happen over irc
14:25:00 <pili> maybe we should discuss whether we want to triage all ux tickets (minus website tickets) during UX team meeting
14:25:13 <antonela> oh, okey, that makes sense
14:26:08 <antonela> yes, we can triage ux-team tickets on this first meeting of the month, i think that was the plan
14:26:26 <pili> great :)
14:26:49 <antonela> cool
14:27:14 <pili> website tickets are probably quick enough that we can do during the website meeting each week
14:27:22 <pili> hopefully
14:27:29 <antonela> pili, works for me
14:27:48 <antonela> elioqoshi, how is https-e going?
14:29:27 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Okay
14:29:35 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> So Figma mockups are here:
14:29:48 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> https://www.figma.com/file/Fv6ivAdU7z4MxG0jU5uOduFe/HTTPS-Everywhere-Redesign?node-id=13%3A26
14:29:55 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> As always, comments are welcome
14:30:25 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Honestly, the current UX is even for me confusing, so I had a meeting with Alexis, the lead dev to understand the extension better.
14:31:24 <antonela> i see, i have comments, do you have it in some gh issue?
14:31:56 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> The usual one: https://github.com/uracreative/works/issues/29
14:32:04 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> And for more specific ones, the actual Figma file
14:32:31 <antonela> oki, will comment there during this week
14:32:32 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I do think we understood it well enough now and are almost ready for a first prototype. Unfortunately it's not really possible to do a fully interactive prototype right now with Figma (toggle buttons etc) so I will have to see what is best presented at a User Testing session
14:32:55 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> We might go with something more barebone though since Renata will be doing tests in person and can provide better context
14:33:10 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> The qualitative survey went well, we received 32 responses
14:33:28 <antonela> nice! what people things https-e does?
14:33:29 <antonela> :)
14:33:36 <antonela> things/think
14:33:46 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Renata prepared a report outlining trends and highlights. Do you think it's okay to share publicly yet?
14:33:55 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I mean it's a draft
14:34:17 <antonela> i dont know, we can discuss it offline, but any result is a good result, there is not bad answers
14:35:17 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> Oh well, open source ftw
14:35:18 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f-IPd2EnTe6z_M1BtSvjm9upqiN2ysy-zGknJlfMH9Q/edit?usp=sharing
14:35:43 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I'd not ask feedback on this but you might want to skim through it
14:36:45 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> If it's worth, I could also send you the anonymized survey data
14:37:10 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> That's it basically
14:37:21 <antonela> looks great, will read deeply after this meeting
14:37:46 <antonela> and will comment to the ticket this week too
14:37:53 <antonela> you did the meeting with alexis or will happen this week?
14:38:40 <antonela> rephrasing: did you make the meeting with Alexis already or will it happen this week?
14:40:03 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> I did that meeting and will do another one tomorrow
14:40:16 <slacktopus> <elioqoshi> We are checking in every week on progress
14:40:36 <antonela> elioqoshi, nice will try to leave my feedback there so you can discuss
14:40:46 <antonela> okey, anything else people?
14:40:57 <pili> nothing from me this week :)
14:41:10 <antonela> pili, there is onions meeting in 20 mins?
14:41:14 <pili> yup
14:41:17 <antonela> oki
14:41:26 <antonela> thanks folks! see you around! o/
14:41:35 <antonela> #endmeeting