16:00:06 <ggus> #startmeeting community team meeting - 2019-05-20
16:00:06 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon May 20 16:00:06 2019 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:06 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:22 <ggus> hi all, flexlibris asked to run the meeting today
16:00:36 <cy63113> hola!
16:00:36 <ggus> here's our roadmap: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/ioKOV2MJw1Ff_viCUTrHfd6-rqX3x_BeJC36fSRfQYY
16:01:04 <antonela> o/
16:01:19 <pari> hey everyone o/
16:01:27 <emmapeel> hello ppeeps
16:02:23 <wayward> o/
16:04:28 <ggus> who wants to start with updates?
16:04:43 <emmapeel> i can do
16:04:55 <ggus> go ahead
16:05:19 <emmapeel> about updates:  i have been processing a lot of corrections (they are a lot, but i am not done with them) from translators about the source strings of the support portal, we found some typos but there are also updates needed. i was thinking maybe we can organize a hackaton? i also been writing with the invaluable help of pili the localization section for the community portal
16:05:44 <pili> :)
16:05:53 <emmapeel> i am being a bit distracted but that means im doing my supposed part time. spring! feeling a bit anxious. still didnt finish feedback stuff :S
16:07:10 <emmapeel> done
16:07:46 <ggus> gracias, emmapeel
16:07:54 <ggus> next?
16:07:55 <emmapeel> so, maybe after updates we can discuss the hackaton
16:08:06 <emmapeel> documentation hackaton
16:08:34 <ggus> +1
16:10:12 <antonela> can i go?
16:10:36 <ggus> yes, antonela
16:10:43 <antonela> i put you team in contact with clash, they can help us on branding the community material for the new community page. I plan to work a bit with the community portal this week.
16:11:05 <clash> Oh hi guys!
16:11:18 <emmapeel> hello clash welcome!
16:11:23 <ggus> hello clash!
16:11:34 <ggus> antonela: yes, pili and i replied to them :)
16:11:41 <antonela> yes, thanks pili!
16:11:44 <clash> Right, I can certainly work on the presentations.
16:11:57 <clash> I wanted to know what is the deadline like?
16:12:42 <clash> When is the expected rollout?
16:12:49 <pili> so, we need everything ready by the end of june
16:12:57 <pili> but it needs to be reviewed and translated
16:13:08 <pili> so we were hoping to have the content ready by the end of May
16:13:40 <ggus> clash: we will also need to use the slides in uganda training (happening in first week of june)
16:14:33 <antonela> also, nah will make africa with you ggus, i'll call for a meeting for later this week to talk about the user research we are going to do there. I'd like to work with TBA since stable will be released \o/
16:14:48 <ggus> yay! :)
16:14:54 <antonela> we can move forward with the logistics offline cc/pili
16:15:16 <pili> yup
16:15:32 <emmapeel> sorry, one small update i forgot: there is not a localization mailing list! you are all invited to join https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-l10n to talk about l10n issues or doubts and we will be able to use the list as a point of contact for 'translation errors' and stuff.
16:15:35 <clash> That works for me, I'll try to submit for review by the end of this week.
16:15:52 <antonela> ahhh and emmapeel i replied to your email about the outreach material, lets see which editable file they can use and we will have new strings there!
16:15:55 <antonela> emmapeel: cooool
16:16:05 <ggus> clash: thanks!
16:16:22 <emmapeel> there is *now a l10n list, sorry
16:16:45 <emmapeel> yes, antonela also i thin kical usesmac too... you will get along well with him on the graphs i think
16:17:01 <ggus> emmapeel: i thought you were using reverse psychology
16:17:11 <emmapeel> hehehe
16:17:18 <emmapeel> maybe i was, only unconsciously
16:17:24 <ggus> *do not subscribe in this mailing list*
16:17:31 <emmapeel> thisw is not a mailing list
16:17:36 <emmapeel> is a way of life!
16:18:26 <ggus> antonela: anything else?
16:18:32 <antonela> nope, im groot
16:18:35 <antonela> thanks folks!
16:18:59 <ggus> thanks anto!
16:19:04 <ggus> who want to be next?
16:21:20 <pili> I can be next
16:21:25 <pili> if no one else wants to go
16:21:38 <ggus> please, pili
16:21:50 <pili> it's not really an update but we should think about what sessions we want to have during the dev meeting in stockholm
16:22:01 <pili> I don't think we discussed within the community team yet :)
16:22:53 <pili> but maybe we can discuss at the end after other updates
16:23:42 <ggus> yes, looks good. i can give my updates and then we move to hackaton and next dev meeting
16:24:11 <pili> oh, one other thing
16:24:41 <pili> if anyone knows any technical writers, please encourage them to apply to Google Season of Docs for Tor Project: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/GoogleSeasonOfDocs2019
16:24:49 <pili> that's it from me :)
16:25:00 <wayward> question about the google season of docs
16:25:09 <wayward> is it paid? I was trying to find that info and had a hard time
16:25:31 <clash> yes
16:25:34 <clash> Stipend
16:26:01 <wayward> thanks clash! does anyone have a link with the amount?
16:26:04 <wayward> I couldn't find it
16:26:28 <clash> Did you put word about it on social media? Iirc there was a blog post, however since GSoD is quite new it needs to be promoted a lot
16:26:31 <clash> wait a sec
16:27:06 <pili> yeah, we've been tweeting about it
16:28:03 <pili> https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-stipends
16:28:10 <pili> about stipends ^
16:28:50 <clash> https://developers.google.com/season-of-docs/docs/tech-writer-stipends
16:29:00 <clash> Oh yes
16:29:03 <pili> :)
16:29:29 <wayward> thanks!
16:33:20 <ggus> some updates: in the last week, alison and i traveled to mexico, to do outreach and s9 trainings. in san cristobal the activities went very well, in cdmx we got sick and it was a difficult time to move in the city with an air pollution emergency happening (schools and universities were closed during some days).
16:33:36 <ggus> today our tor friend jacobo is running a tor relay meetup
16:34:02 <ggus> mexico went from 0 relays in 2017 to 13 in 2019.
16:34:14 <emmapeel> yay!
16:34:18 <cy63113> !!!
16:35:32 <ggus> i'm also coordinating with antonela and pili our travel to africa. today i'll submit our budget for travel@tpo's aproval
16:35:59 <ggus> in the last days have been talking with APC, IFEX and other organizations about the cities that we are going
16:37:33 <emmapeel> oops
16:37:40 <emmapeel> it seems tor irc server went down
16:37:59 <wayward> whoops
16:38:34 <ggus> i updated GS wiki page with the last events: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/CommunityTeam/Projects/GlobalSouth
16:39:08 <ggus> and pinged egypcio if he is going to submit a tor talk to EuroBSD
16:39:15 <ggus> and that's it.
16:39:16 <pili> oh, I should add some notes there for India...
16:39:50 <ggus> oh, and last friday, alison, juliana (derechos digitales) and i talked about our rightscon panel
16:40:22 <ggus> kushal and juliana can't make this time, so we will need to think about who can join us
16:40:31 <pili> oh :(
16:41:46 <ggus> in tunis we are also trying to organize a tor training day (tor + ooni)
16:42:25 <ggus> ok, let's talk about documentation hackaton and dev meeting
16:42:39 <ggus> emmapeel: do you want to start?
16:44:53 <emmapeel> yes
16:45:17 <emmapeel> so, i thought mayeb we can organize working days in which we all look at the docs, we start updating, we create pullrequests etc
16:45:43 <emmapeel> so we develop some instructions on how to update the docs and update the docs at the same time
16:45:44 <wayward> sounds like fun to me!
16:46:07 <ggus> emmapeel: which docs?
16:46:22 <clash> pili: you're coming to India?
16:46:24 <emmapeel> the support portal and the tb-manual are the ones i feel are more in need
16:46:53 <emmapeel> as translators we llok very closely to the strings and i already have a lot of tickets that have been found
16:46:54 <pili> clash: we were there in February already :)
16:47:03 <emmapeel> but maybe we can make better docs anyway
16:47:25 <emmapeel> or maybe new doc pages, add images, whatever
16:48:23 <emmapeel> the docs need some love but i think it is hard for people to find a way to contribute, so maybe if we organize a hackaton we can spot the contribution bottlenecks and fix them and then the docs are going to be 'organically updated' which still means wit some work, but better than now
16:48:59 <ggus> emmapeel: do you think it should be a public call or just tor ppl?
16:49:43 <emmapeel> maybe on the community team  and other mailing lists? i dont know if it will be soomething for people that is totally unaware of tor
16:49:50 <pili> I think possibly just tor ppl first to find bottlenecks
16:49:51 <pili> and then we can open it up when we have a good workflow?
16:50:22 <ggus> what about move the documentation tickets to dip.tpo?
16:50:48 <emmapeel> i feel unsafe about moving the tickets there
16:50:53 <ggus> and what about dates?
16:51:18 <emmapeel> is it possible for external people to open accounts in dip.tpo?
16:51:30 <emmapeel> dates... well next month?
16:51:33 <ggus> emmapeel: at the moment, no
16:51:34 <emmapeel> or this?
16:51:57 <pili> I think this month I'd rather people concentrate on community portal :)
16:52:00 <ggus> my agenda: traveling from june 1 - 24, after that i'm available
16:52:20 <ggus> we should do the community portal hackaton first
16:53:36 <emmapeel> yeah
16:54:53 <ggus> emmapeel: what about the last week of june, last say, june 27?
16:55:22 <emmapeel> hmmm yeah. july better
16:55:44 <emmapeel> tuesday july 2?
16:56:00 <pili> fine with me
16:56:59 <ggus> pili: when the community portal will be online? last dedicate a week to find bugs and fix after the new website goes online
16:57:19 <pili> it needs to be live by the end of June
16:57:26 <emmapeel> ah wait, are you talking abou the community portal hackaton?
16:57:26 <pili> because we need it for S9 Phase 3
16:57:29 <pili> starting in July
16:58:58 <ggus> ok!
16:59:10 <ggus> emmapeel: let's try july 2, and if we need, we move
16:59:14 <ggus> we need to end the meeting
16:59:20 <ggus> thanks everyone!
16:59:27 <ggus> #endmeeting