16:00:00 <ggus> #startmeeting community team 06/03
16:00:00 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jun  3 16:00:00 2019 UTC.  The chair is ggus. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
16:00:00 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
16:00:09 <ggus> hi people
16:00:16 <kat5> Hi.
16:01:26 <wayward> o/
16:01:53 <ggus> here's our roadmap pad: https://storm.torproject.org/shared/ioKOV2MJw1Ff_viCUTrHfd6-rqX3x_BeJC36fSRfQYY
16:06:13 * antonela is around
16:07:43 <emmapeel> o/
16:08:13 <ggus> let's update june and cross actviities done in may
16:09:37 <ggus> Next week some of us are going to Rightscon Tunis, it would be nice to have a blog post
16:10:16 <ggus> so far we have only this: https://blog.torproject.org/events/rightscon-tunis
16:13:48 <emmapeel> i have added some more languages to tpo - chinese, polish, romanian, malay
16:15:03 <ggus> great emmapeel. who wants to start with updates?
16:15:12 <wayward> I can go!
16:15:51 <wayward> I finished draft 2 of the vpn doc: https://pad.riseup.net/p/torvpnreview-keep
16:16:10 <wayward> so if anyone has time to look it over and give some feedback, that would be really helpful :)
16:16:32 <wayward> I'm also meeting with some of the people from Tormenta this week to show them the transifex ropes
16:16:45 <ggus> wayward: i think we could make a call in the community team maling list
16:16:56 <wayward> oooh that's a good idea ggus
16:16:57 <ggus> to people review it
16:17:12 <wayward> I'll do that today!
16:17:56 <ggus> wayward: set a feedback deadline
16:18:32 <wayward> right - I was thinking friday
16:19:48 <wayward> anyway, that's all from me!
16:20:30 <ggus> thanks wayward!
16:21:16 <ggus> who wants to be next?
16:21:27 <kat5> I'll be really quick.
16:21:51 <kat5> We submitted the final sponsor 19 report and my contract has ended.
16:22:05 <kat5> Back to dealing with swag requests.
16:22:06 <kat5> Done.
16:22:15 <wayward> nice!!
16:22:57 <kat5> And I'll see a lot of you in Tunis. Looking froward to that!
16:24:13 <emmapeel> plese get us some Arabic translators.. we need more :S
16:24:57 <kat5> That's good to know. We should all be on the lookout for people who want to get involved.
16:25:56 <ggus> kat5: if you have swags with you, bring them. i'm out of stickers and tshirts
16:26:31 <ggus> i don't think we booked a table there tho
16:26:38 <kat5> ggus: I have some stickers, but I don't think I have any shirts. I didn't think of getting shirts from Jon early enough.
16:26:45 <kat5> Still good to have stuff.
16:28:00 <emmapeel> kat5: from our priority languages we need help on Farsi, Arabic and Korean. those are the locales still incomplete from our prioritaire list of 12 langs: https://storm.torproject.org/grain/actQDLo6sQ3vDojAHZJpXv/
16:28:11 <ggus> i heard hiro will bring some of our outreach material too :)
16:30:21 <ggus> ok, more updates?
16:32:52 <ggus> we are soft releasing the new community portal this week: community.torproject.org, next days we will announce in the mailing list and start to collect feedback. if you want to colaborate, we are in #tor-www fixing bugs.
16:34:03 <ggus> this week narrira and i are going to do tor trainings in uganda starting tomorrow.
16:34:08 <antonela> there is a l10n event this week, emmapeel and I we are making it
16:34:28 <ggus> the thai hacktaon?
16:34:43 <antonela> yes
16:35:10 <emmapeel> yay!
16:35:15 <emmapeel> they are already translating stuff
16:35:40 <ggus> maybe we hsould announce in global south maling list too?
16:36:15 <emmapeel> yeah. i could tell erinm to invite them to global south
16:36:22 <emmapeel> https://lektor-staging.torproject.org/tor-browser-manual/staging/th/ is BEAUTIFUL!
16:36:42 <antonela> ay si
16:37:08 <ggus> a lot of squares in my unsafe browser
16:37:22 <emmapeel> hehehehe why you open it on an usafebrowser?
16:37:36 <antonela> wow
16:37:40 <antonela> which browser gus?
16:37:57 <emmapeel> must be because of the font
16:38:08 <ggus> firefox 60.7.0esr linux
16:38:13 <ggus> emmapeel: yeah
16:38:18 <emmapeel> that browser is unsafe and useless too :D
16:38:18 <ggus> it worked fine in my secure browser
16:38:25 <ggus> :P
16:38:53 <emmapeel> is not so unsafe then, if it makes you do the right thing at the end!
16:39:18 <ggus> this week we also have global south e-meeting, june 7, 1600 utc
16:39:47 <ggus> i need to remember people about it
16:39:56 <emmapeel> ok will report that back to the Thai contributors
16:41:31 <ggus> pili is also collecting our activities for tor dev meeting
16:44:33 <ggus> ok, anything else?
16:44:36 <emmapeel> cri cri
16:45:01 <emmapeel> did i told you people we have opened tor-l10n for all things localization?
16:45:30 <ggus> i'm there o/
16:45:45 <antonela> me too <3
16:45:48 <emmapeel> you can join from https://lists.torproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/tor-l10n and you can use the mail address to report translation errors
16:46:07 <emmapeel> i will mail some announcement but i should edit the config before
16:46:18 <emmapeel> add a mention to the code of conduct, etc
16:47:16 <clash> hey I was wondering if Tor would do something for the pride month
16:47:27 <ggus> oh, good call clash
16:47:30 <clash> I mentioned it in the previous meeting lol
16:47:37 <ggus> stephw: oi! what do you think? ^
16:47:51 <emmapeel> oh, nice!
16:47:59 <ggus> in march 8 we did a blog post, for example
16:48:25 <clash> it would make sense because a lot in the community use Tor to evade the authorities where it's illegal
16:48:40 <emmapeel> yes
16:48:41 <ggus> like uganda, kenya
16:48:44 <clash> well, a lot of companies updated their logos on twitter and stuff with the rainbow
16:49:50 <clash> showing solidarity now might be helpful in spreading the word even more
16:51:02 <ggus> +1
16:52:07 <ggus> btw, clash i will answer you today about the slides. i need to update with the lateste tor browser version, with new security slider
16:52:08 <wayward> +1 !
16:54:42 <clash> ggus: okay, sounds good. I realise I didn't update the screenshots
16:55:41 <antonela> stephw is on vacs, but yeeess we should do something
16:55:48 <antonela> re: clash suggestion
16:58:31 <ggus> anything else? or we are good?
16:59:27 <ggus> #endmeeting