17:01:28 <nickm> #startmeeting network team meeting 17 Jun
17:01:28 <MeetBot> Meeting started Mon Jun 17 17:01:28 2019 UTC.  The chair is nickm. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:01:28 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:01:31 <nickm> hi folks!
17:01:45 <nickm> https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-netteam-2019.1-keep is our pad
17:02:47 <dgoulet> hi
17:02:59 <gaba> o/
17:03:03 <nickm> looks like a new tor browser came out last week, and we _aren't_ getting flooded with bug reports on
17:03:06 <nickm> so that's good news!
17:03:15 <catalyst> o/
17:03:22 <nickm> looking at the 041 status page: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases/041Status ...
17:03:51 <ahf> hello hello
17:03:54 <nickm> Nearly all of the tickets we have there are unassigned.  They're pretty much all "should" rather than "must", so that's good.
17:04:05 <nickm> hi dgoulet gaba catalyst ahf !
17:04:18 <nickm> asn and mikeperry are headed to mozilla allhands, and teor is asleep.
17:04:42 <ahf> cool
17:05:35 <nickm> What should we do with the remaining unassigned 041-should tickets?  I think maybe we should see if we believe that any are important to do before rc.  If so, we should assign them.  If not we should defer them?
17:08:03 <nickm> hm. sounds like nobody else is sure either
17:08:12 <nickm> do any of these look must-do to anybody? :)
17:08:27 <ahf> hm
17:08:34 <ahf> weird we haven't gotten more bugs on #27331
17:09:04 <ahf> hm, david has hit it, once
17:09:05 <dgoulet> hmmm #30871 needs to be looked at
17:09:34 <dgoulet> been a while I hit that iirc ^
17:09:42 <dgoulet> (hmmm #27331 I meant)
17:09:45 <nickm> dgoulet: do you think you or asn could take it?  it seems to be hs code.  Alternatively it should be mike or asn, since it could be caused by the "keep open" logic for padding
17:10:14 <gaba> what about #30409?
17:10:22 <dgoulet> nickm: yeah I'll need to check it out
17:10:37 <nickm> ok, thanks!
17:10:54 <nickm> gaba: It's not a must-fix, but it _is_ a should
17:11:16 <nickm> I can try running the tests again on a laptop with networking turned off...
17:11:24 <nickm> ... but I don't have a nice convenient no-net setup ready to go
17:13:11 <nickm> I'll try it with what I can reproduce, though, and defer the rest till there is better info
17:15:11 <nickm> next topic is roadmap
17:15:14 <nickm> do we have anything to update there?
17:15:18 <nickm> let's have a look!
17:15:31 <nickm> once we're done with that, let's look at reviews
17:16:47 <ahf> sorry, my internet is very slow today for some reason, still loading :-/
17:19:17 <ahf> ok, looks ok to me
17:22:09 <nickm> it looks like the WIP schedule for the tor meeting is still there, so let's keep working on it
17:22:12 <nickm> I'm not seeing new other announcements this week, but please remember the old ones.
17:22:31 <ahf> yep
17:22:34 <nickm> with that, I think we might be out of fresh discussion topics
17:22:45 <nickm> is there anything else to talk about?
17:23:36 <nickm> (asn has a "help needed" message for teor)
17:24:01 <nickm> Would it make sense to schedule IRC meetings for proposals 303 and 305 between now and Stockholm?
17:24:47 <dgoulet> I'm personally fine with public email discussions on those. They aren,t that big
17:25:13 <nickm> ok
17:25:36 <nickm> I was wondering whether the amount of feedback had crossed the point where we needed an IRC meeting, but if we can still do it on tor-dev, then great
17:25:48 <nickm> gaba: do you know anything else we should talk about this week?
17:25:51 <nickm> or does anybody?
17:27:35 * ahf is good
17:27:51 <gaba> no, I think we are good
17:27:52 <ahf> i have arranged with asn that i'm on this weeks ci/coverity as well in case there is anything
17:27:55 <ahf> haven't updated the rotation page with it
17:27:56 <gaba> thanks ahf
17:28:37 <catalyst> ahf: thanks. have you updated the rotations wiki page?
17:29:24 <ahf> nope, gonna do that
17:29:43 <catalyst> thanks!
17:30:20 <nickm> okay. Sounds like we're out of stuff for now.  Cool!
17:30:27 <nickm> I'll see you all online in that case
17:30:30 <nickm> cheers!
17:30:31 <nickm> #endmeeting