14:00:04 <antonela> #startmeeting ux team
14:00:04 <MeetBot> Meeting started Tue Jul  2 14:00:04 2019 UTC.  The chair is antonela. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:00:04 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:00:21 <antonela> hi folks, anyone around for the first ux meeting in july ?
14:01:01 <pili> hi
14:01:04 <pili> me! :D
14:01:08 <antonela> o/
14:01:11 <antonela> nicee :)
14:01:24 <ggus> o/
14:01:40 <antonela> im wondering if we should run the triage during the dev meeting
14:01:47 <antonela> hi ggus!
14:02:14 <antonela> let me share the pad
14:02:25 <antonela> https://storm.torproject.org/shared/n9q4itQDwIm8gsmxB66ZzG7Xi67somqofX_InpuWLc1
14:02:54 <pili> we can do
14:03:03 <pili> I don't mind waiting
14:03:08 <pili> we can do some clean up today
14:03:13 <pili> and then do a proper one at the dev meeting
14:03:22 <pili> there's about 14 new tickets since we last did it
14:03:47 <antonela> oh, we can do it now if is better, yes
14:03:56 <antonela> okey, which query are you using?
14:04:43 <pili> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/query?status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=UX&or&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&status=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&keywords=~ux-team&or&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=merge_ready&status=needs_information&s
14:04:44 <pili> tatus=needs_review&status=needs_revision&status=new&status=reopened&component=UX%2FResearch&col=id&col=summary&col=component&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=milestone&col=time&desc=1&order=id
14:04:46 <pili> oops
14:04:51 <pili> that's not very nice
14:04:52 <pili> one sec
14:05:13 <pili> I pasted in the pad...
14:05:42 <pili> hmm, not sure why it's so long though, I can probably clean it up
14:06:13 <clash> Hello!
14:06:14 <antonela> oki im there
14:06:19 <antonela> hi clash!
14:08:36 <antonela> lets start?
14:08:38 <pili> anyway, that's what I used to populate this: https://nc.riseup.net/s/K3rzDptT773QGsa
14:08:41 <pili> sure :)
14:09:15 <antonela> vamos de abajo para arriba :)
14:09:23 <pili> sip
14:09:27 <antonela> #30430
14:09:56 <pili> I think you're on that one already :D
14:09:58 <antonela> yes, i want to update it after the dev meeting, dunqan and i we are working on the session, i hope we can share the work we have been doing and the future ideas for it
14:10:59 <antonela> #30514 is cool and i hope we can sync with the community team about the tor / vpn article and link users there
14:11:33 <antonela> is there a ticket for that vpn doc the community team is working on ggus? i want to make sure those tickets are related in trac
14:11:56 <pili> I forget where we decided to host this... especially since it needs to be translated
14:12:14 <antonela> i think a support portal entry is cool
14:12:25 <pili> yup
14:12:29 <antonela> no wiki please, if the content is good for a blogpost, then a blogpost too
14:12:32 <pili> blog post would be nice also
14:12:45 <ggus> antonela: nope
14:13:14 <pili> hmm, I thought I'd seen something
14:13:40 <ggus> wayward started the document, but i don't remember to see a ticket about it
14:14:16 <antonela> oki, pili, could you track and trac it?  :)
14:14:25 <pili> sure
14:14:40 <pili> ggus: yeah, I can't find it myself
14:14:41 <antonela> so we make sure that 1. we have a support.tpo entry to link when we review the onboarding 2. that happens :)
14:15:00 <pili> I'll have another look and create the ticket if necessary
14:15:08 <antonela> perfect, thanks!
14:15:13 <antonela> next?
14:15:32 <antonela> #30540
14:16:04 <antonela> i commented there, that is critical -- basically we have the majority of TBA users updating the alpha channel when they should be in stable
14:16:22 <pili> who needs to help you answer those questions?
14:16:32 <pili> should we discuss it during the next browser meeting?
14:16:37 <antonela> sysrqb, geko maybe
14:16:45 <pili> is there a session in stockholm we can include this in?
14:17:04 <dunqan> hi sorry, I'm just catching up 👋
14:17:17 <antonela> any tor browser roadmapping session should include a conversation about this
14:17:33 <antonela> hey dunqan o/
14:17:42 <pili> yup
14:17:49 <pili> we should have a session about Android explicitly probably
14:18:10 <antonela> yes, i hope
14:18:25 <dunqan> I'll look into those updates on the persona ticket from clash and gwolf before the dev meeting
14:18:32 <antonela> dunqan: thanks!
14:18:35 <pili> ok, I need to think about the browser sessions on the first day and talk about it with GeKo at some point
14:18:40 <dunqan> will ping you when they're updated and ready for print antonela!
14:18:52 <antonela> please, will do it this weekend
14:19:02 <dunqan> roger that!
14:19:11 <antonela> pili: cool
14:19:22 <pili> hey dunqan
14:19:32 <dunqan> hey pili :)
14:19:47 <pili> ok, #30570 ?
14:20:18 <antonela> yes, now that #30939 exists, i wonder how both things will collapse
14:20:32 <pili> hmm
14:20:45 <antonela> so, in your items agenda for tor browser roadmapping, we should talk about this
14:21:11 <GeKo> they are orthogonal
14:21:40 <antonela> you right, but we will have two shield icons at the chrome which is at least, confusing
14:22:17 <antonela> and if we want to allow per-site security settings at the control center doorhanger (the identity one) then we should discuss how we are going to do it
14:22:26 <GeKo> no
14:22:35 <GeKo> see my comment on #30939
14:22:49 <GeKo> we won#t have the enhacned tracking protection ui
14:23:00 <GeKo> as this is not about tracking protection
14:23:26 <GeKo> at least that's my current idea
14:23:31 <antonela> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/30939#comment:3
14:24:22 <antonela> mmm, is the shield icon going to be at the url bar or not? im confused
14:24:42 <GeKo> not sure yet but wherever it is we don't want the etp ui
14:25:00 * ggus needs to step out
14:25:12 <antonela> okey, i understand that
14:25:49 <antonela> the latest version of per site sec settings UI is https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/25658#comment:111
14:26:10 <pili> ok, sounds like it's worthwhile discussing at the dev meeting in any case
14:26:15 <antonela> maybe we can talk a bit about it during the roadmapping
14:27:08 <pili> we should look for other tickets that we can group together even if they're not the same they may be related
14:27:54 <antonela> about what pili?
14:28:46 <pili> just in general, e.g just now we've identified 2 tickets that may benefit from being discussed at the same time even if they don't deal with the same feature, they are somewhat related
14:28:53 <antonela> ah, yes
14:29:07 <pili> so I will keep that in mind as we keep doing this triage
14:29:19 <antonela> but GeKo thinks that they are not *exactly* related
14:29:24 <antonela> oki, next?
14:29:27 <antonela> #30577
14:29:46 <pili> yup
14:29:49 <pili> how's that one going? :)
14:29:57 <antonela> the ux part is done i think and acat worked on the implementation - thanks acat!
14:30:22 <antonela> not sure what happened with the localization
14:30:43 <GeKo> yes, we need someone taking care of that
14:30:51 <pili> yeah, we don't have much time for that...
14:30:54 <GeKo> otherwise we need to ship this as-is
14:31:06 <pili> in theory the string should be available for translation
14:31:09 <GeKo> i landed the patch
14:31:13 <pili> but not sure how we can check the status
14:31:16 <GeKo> and am about to close the ticket
14:31:24 <antonela> cool, thanks GeKo
14:31:29 <antonela> pili, we can check transifex
14:31:43 <pili> or whether we just try to pull it from the twitter strings project in transifex?
14:31:52 <GeKo> there is #30915
14:32:12 <GeKo> but i don't understand what emmapeel wrote there
14:32:19 <antonela> and emmapeel is on vacs
14:32:38 <GeKo> in particular i don't understand how we are supposed to get the strings into transifex in case they are somewhere else
14:33:09 <pili> I think I understand what she means
14:33:56 <pili> I think she is basically saying that instead of adding the strings directly to the correct Tor Browser project in Transifex they are added to another project, e.g twitter strings
14:34:14 <GeKo> yes, but we need someone to put them at the right place
14:34:25 <pili> yes, whatever the right place is :)
14:34:37 <GeKo> i hope emmepeel arranged it the way that someone else is capable of doing so
14:35:24 <pili> I think so, but I don't know if that someone else is aware of it
14:35:42 <pili> I think brade or mcs might have some idea
14:37:46 <antonela> will you check with emmapeel pili?
14:37:53 <pili> yup, I'll follow up on this
14:38:00 <antonela> super, thanks
14:38:03 <antonela> #30599
14:38:31 <antonela> that is s27 related
14:38:40 <pili> yup
14:39:01 <pili> O2A3
14:39:08 <antonela> alt-svc have some issues, i hope we can find a work around it -- will talk with asn about it
14:39:43 <pili> sure
14:39:57 <antonela> and i hope we can have some alt-onion proposal that contemplates what alt-svc is not doing good
14:40:02 <antonela> (or how we need/want)
14:40:03 <pili> I have that work planned for Dec19/Jan20 for browser team
14:40:31 <pili> but we can work on it earlier from network and ux side
14:41:00 <pili> this sounds like a dev meeting session...
14:41:13 <antonela> yes, we can talk about it during the s27 meeting
14:41:48 <antonela> next?
14:41:51 <pili> yup
14:41:52 <antonela> #30664
14:42:11 <pili> clash has been working on this one
14:42:24 <antonela> yes, and i should review it at some point
14:42:33 <pili> I guess we just need new assets?
14:42:35 <clash> I just added an update
14:42:50 <pili> and then if we're happy we can include in some future browser release
14:43:15 <antonela> nice, good stuff clash
14:43:22 <antonela> pili, yes
14:43:57 <pili> ok
14:44:05 <pili> cool, thanks clash! :)
14:44:08 <antonela> #30756
14:44:21 <clash> np :)
14:44:52 <GeKo> antonela: we have that proposal already
14:45:04 <antonela> which one geko?
14:45:17 <GeKo> for the alt-onion thing
14:45:18 <antonela> ahh
14:45:29 <GeKo> it needs some clean-up but asn wrote it back then
14:45:34 <antonela> yes, i found something at the mailing list but is old
14:45:34 <GeKo> let me find a link
14:45:34 <antonela> yes
14:45:41 <GeKo> okay, yes
14:45:48 <GeKo> there is nothing newer :=
14:45:51 <GeKo> :)
14:45:58 <antonela> maybe we can clean up it once we define the ux and include the ux part :)
14:46:03 <pili> for this last ticket seems like we could brainstorm something and/or do some user testing for this\
14:46:13 <clash> Does #30756 mean that TBA will automatically connect without pressing connect every time?
14:46:19 <GeKo> antonela: yes, sounds good
14:46:38 <antonela> cool
14:47:06 <antonela> #30756 is a good one, for tba talk with sysrqb and yes im behind it
14:47:22 <antonela> behind it means that im not doing anything related with esr68, but i should
14:48:30 <pili> that's fine ;)
14:49:20 <pili> #30783 ?
14:49:34 <antonela> thanks for tracking it pili
14:49:41 <pili> nothing urgent on this one
14:49:42 <pili> I think we're all aware
14:49:57 <antonela> i sent an email to sstevenson and the fundraising team and alon to make some time to be in the same table to plan this
14:50:04 <pili> yup
14:50:25 <antonela> since alon is joining us, will be a good opportunity to setup ot
14:50:26 <antonela> it
14:50:48 <pili> yup :)
14:50:55 <pili> and we're starting nice and early
14:50:58 <pili> #30854 ?
14:51:20 <antonela> yes, matt opened it when we were talking about it
14:51:25 <antonela> is confusing and we should work on it
14:51:32 <antonela> is a ticket for tba roadmapping
14:51:41 <pili> +1
14:51:42 <pili> yup
14:52:00 <pili> #30915
14:52:09 <pili> (running out of time so going faster... :) )
14:52:12 <antonela> si
14:52:12 <antonela> haha
14:52:19 <antonela> is emmapeels, lets see what happens
14:52:34 <GeKo> smart ;)
14:52:35 <antonela> #30939
14:52:39 <pili> yup, we already discussed it earlier
14:52:48 <pili> and that one
14:53:02 <pili> #30941
14:53:03 <antonela> #30941
14:53:06 <pili> hehe
14:53:09 <antonela> yes, i commented there
14:53:32 <antonela> i have a time with phw to discuss bridges in tor browsers for my dev meeting agenda
14:53:47 <antonela> maybe we can came up with something cool
14:53:56 <pili> oh, that was mine :D (I forgot about it)
14:53:59 <antonela> haha
14:54:02 <pili> nice
14:54:05 <pili> let's move on
14:54:16 <pili> will be part of S30 also
14:54:23 <pili> if it ever kicks off... :/
14:54:42 <antonela> #30994
14:54:52 <antonela> thanks matt for putting it together, yes we should work on it
14:54:55 <antonela> tba roadmapping ^
14:54:58 <pili> yup
14:54:59 <pili> and we're done
14:55:08 <antonela> \o/
14:55:14 <antonela> the best meeting in the month
14:55:15 <pili> with the UX triage at least :P
14:55:15 <antonela> :)
14:55:52 <antonela> okey, are we done?
14:56:06 <antonela> i dont have any item for today because i want to close a bunch of things before travelling
14:56:37 <dunqan> Oh hey I missed the chat on #30514
14:56:47 <dunqan> I need to sync with wayward on the status of that again
14:56:59 <dunqan> we caught up offline a while ago
14:57:06 <pili> I think it was discussed yesterday during the community meeting
14:57:11 <dunqan> ah cool, any updates?
14:57:22 <pili> just from skimming the backlog :)
14:57:29 <antonela> ggus left, but yes, pari reviewed it and seems done?
14:57:38 <dunqan> yeah it looks good in the pad
14:57:42 <pili> (I was offline also)
14:57:43 <dunqan> presuming it's going to be published shortly
14:57:57 <pili> cool, maybe we can move ahead with a blog post and support portal entry
14:58:00 <antonela> yes
14:58:06 <dunqan> yeah that was the plan
14:58:18 <dunqan> once that's up I'll circle back and update the onboarding pronto
14:58:25 <pili> ok, I'm actually going to be chatting with wayward today so I'll mention it :)
14:58:36 <dunqan> awesome, ta!
14:58:36 <antonela> cool
14:58:39 <antonela> thanks both!
14:58:43 <antonela> lets call it :)
14:58:53 <antonela> next week i'll be travelling, so no meeting
14:59:00 <antonela> see you irl
14:59:09 <irl> hi
14:59:16 <antonela> oh sorry
14:59:22 <antonela> in real life
14:59:27 <irl> (:
14:59:36 <dunqan> hahaha
14:59:39 <antonela> i want to see you irl too irl
14:59:51 <antonela> (:
14:59:54 <antonela> thanks folks!
14:59:56 <antonela> #endmeeting