17:00:34 <phw> #startmeeting anti-censorship weekly checkin 2019-07-18
17:00:34 <MeetBot> Meeting started Thu Jul 18 17:00:34 2019 UTC.  The chair is phw. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
17:00:34 <MeetBot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
17:00:54 <phw> ok, let's just do a quick check in, then, for the sake of having our meeting pad archived
17:01:01 <phw> the meeting pad is here: https://pad.riseup.net/p/tor-censorship-2019-keep
17:01:35 <phw> many of us are/were at the dev meeting and/or pets, which is why not many people are around
17:02:14 <phw> i linked the stockholm meeting notes that are relevant to our time here: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/AntiCensorshipTeam#Tormeetingnotes
17:02:40 <phw> as far as i can tell, it was the "anti-censorship rapid response" and the "how to get more snowflake proxies" sessions
17:02:46 <cohosh> thanks for linking those in one place
17:03:08 <cohosh> possibly also the sponsor 30 kickoff?
17:03:14 <phw> oh, right, good point
17:03:22 * phw will add it after the meeting
17:03:55 <phw> we should move this week's discussion point to next week, when more people are around
17:04:04 <cohosh> sounds good
17:04:18 <phw> i started thinking about the "censorship table" that should eventually help tor browser figure out what transport to try in what country
17:04:32 <phw> here's some preliminary work: https://dip.torproject.org/anti-censorship/state-of-censorship/blob/master/README.md
17:04:58 * Samdney is also here and watching.
17:05:24 <phw> Samdney: random question: are you familiar with leekspin?  i saw your name on some leekspin-related tickets.
17:05:41 <Samdney> yeap, years ago I found some bugs.
17:06:47 <phw> this bridgedb ticket may interest you: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/22755  the idea is to replace leekspin with stem.  leekspin has increasingly turned into a nuisance for maintenance.
17:08:04 <Samdney> trac doesn't load for me :/
17:08:39 <phw> oh, odd.  it works for me
17:10:05 <phw> ok, i think we went over the agenda for today's meeting already
17:10:34 <phw> any last words before we file this as our shortest weekly meeting?
17:10:40 <cohosh> heh
17:10:45 <Samdney> ah, now it loads.
17:12:01 <darkk_> Maybe it's a bit relevant to the team: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1567114 - seems, Kazakhstan finally rolls out TLS MITM
17:12:17 <Samdney> yeap, already years ago people wanted to do this replacement. :)
17:12:57 <darkk_> Yep, the plan is old for sure. Now it's finally executed, at least users and RIPE Atlas observe it :)
17:13:25 <cohosh> oof >.<
17:13:30 <cohosh> thanks for the link darkk_
17:15:10 <Samdney> phw: what exactly is the matter with this ticket, now, and how can I help? ;)
17:16:01 <phw> Samdney: i wrote a patch that replaces leekspin with stem: https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/22755#comment:15
17:16:08 <phw> i was wondering if you know enough about leekspin to be able to review it.
17:16:40 <Samdney> btw, last week somebody was hanging around on irc and looking for the anti-censorship meeting. I told them that today meeting will be again, but it seems the person didn't appear ;)
17:17:20 <phw> i noticed that.  we should mention on our wiki page that our pad shows the date for the next meeting.
17:17:21 <Samdney> I can have a look but not before the end of next week. I have to finish someting else before.
17:17:30 <phw> sounds good, thanks Samdney!
17:17:59 <Samdney> np
17:18:43 <phw> ok, let's wrap up the meeting.  thanks everyone!
17:18:46 <phw> #endmeeting